Yu-Gi-Oh! Academy Future (Recruitment Re-Opened for Female Duelists)

Started by Laughing Hyena, November 05, 2012, 11:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Since Genoskian is out of commission temporarily, I am putting this thread up to start some early recruitment. We have an absolute need of female duelist characters. So we need people for that purpose. For details I will provide the character sheet archives to help give you a sense of what to do to make a character and if you have questions or comments about duel monsters itself feel free to ask away. Im no expert but I know my ways around it as well. ^_^

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=153116.0

apygoos

daw..no male duelist?...
if females are absolutely needed..i can make one..

Laughing Hyena

There is only one female duelist. So yeah we absolutely need female characters.

Thorn14

May I ask what the story of the RP is right now? I have been having a YGO itch...

Is it played online or with Duelist Network?

Laughing Hyena

No solid plotline beyond slice of life at Duel Academy and misadventures. Barely started.

Just online via the forums. Not via dueling netwrok but dueling network can help in deck creation for sure.

Thorn14

Alright, I'll think of some ideas.

I'll either reuse my Six Samurai deck (I'm sure everyone's thrilled by that) or I'm looking up Insektors, are those allowed? They sound fun as hell.

Laughing Hyena

Decks currently have no xyz cards yet. Archetype decks are permitted.

Thorn14

I think I can do Inzektor without XYZ.

I'm going to look up archetypes.

Laughing Hyena

Archtypes are basically anything that are a series of monsters and cards that specifically support them.

Elemental HERO
Inzektors
Wind Ups
Watt
Six Samurai
Prophets

and so forth

Thorn14

Right.

Man back when I played there was no such thing.  ;D

Gonna look up on the Wiki.

So is this taking place in the newest anime's universe?

And what is the adult content like?

Laughing Hyena

Archetypes basically are decks pre made for most duelists ^_^

As for the new anime's universe no, it's in the GX universe. Adult content is being restrained for now to prevent instant fucking and strip dueling instantly.

Thorn14

Haha. I understand that.

Alright thanks. Gonna look up archetypes and if none work, I'll simply use my six sam deck.

Laughing Hyena

Thorn14

I was told to avoid them. Since apparently they only are good if you're an anime character.  ;D

Laughing Hyena

They said that about the Malefic monsters as well but I tend to win a lot of duels when I use them

apygoos

so...what rule set are we using? cause if were using traditional, i can pull out my dark magician deck..if current..i think my elemental hero deck i think is still legal

Laughing Hyena

Thorn14

ShadowFox89

Make sure to double check, because some of them are simply limited. And the ban we have on xyz cards may or may not be lifted....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Thorn14

Yeah, that ban is why I'm holding off Inzektor.

Those 2 XYZ cards look cool as hell.

Laughing Hyena

In either case I should mention that we use the elliquiy dice roller and ID numbers (which are sent to the GM to prevent cheating) to draw cards. The deck is marked from to your last card in the main deck. And as advanced warning match duels can happen as well so keep a good side deck ready.

Thorn14

apygoos

huh...both my decks are illegal >.>..actually no ..but I lose DMOC D:
oh well i suppose the deck can be edited to remove those couple cards..well 4 cards fromteh dakr magician deck: DMOC, dedication through light and darkness, pot of greed and graceful charity..i can go without em. takes a bit of umph out of the deck but thats okay, least i know my Ehero deck is legal