Bermuda Island (Open Sandbox - Freeform) [Interest Check] (Need 1 more Female!)

Started by Rave, May 07, 2014, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rave

I woke up with the smile of the sun on me and the abundance of sand surrounding me. The sand was rough like glass paper and lying down on it stung your back like walking on hot coals. If the amount of sand on this island were rocks it would cover all of Africa twice! The water around the island was as clear as glass and blue like the sky so the infinite depths of the sea were just a blink away. Fish small as rice grains flickered to and fro from the sandy beaches of the island to the cold gloomy depths of the sea.

IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204479.msg10009917#msg10009917

OOC Information:

Premise:

12 to 16 humans are the only survivors of Oceanic Flight 416 since its' crash in July 8th, 2013. The current date is May 7th, 2014, marking almost a full year of survival upon the island. The loaction is unknown, but speculated to be somewhere within the Bermuda triangle. The Survivors have lost all hope of escaping the island, and as such have formed a small society with roles and leaders to start a new life in their new home. Let me assert an extremely important point: They are not actively trying to find ways to get off the island. This is a group of people that have accepted their place on the island, sank into their respective roles and have re-purposed themselves to make the best of the island rather than constantly attempt to escape. A new international law rose after the flight's disappearance which states all air traffic is forbidden from flying over the area due to increased magnetic activity in the surrounding islands. Ship routes are sealed by stormy weather and harsh, constant hurricanes surrounding the peninsula making the eye of the storm and island location virtually in-accessible. This is a survival story, a restart for a small group of humans as they abandon technology and return to their instinctive roots. A natural social experiment, these 12 to 16 individuals have to re-form society and repopulate the island as they see fit. They elect leaders, they distribute jobs based on skill, and they claim territory. It is them VS. the elements and nothing else, as the Island is plentiful in its fruits and meats but at great risks. They will fight, they will adapt, and they will survive...and repopulate.

What I'm looking for - Rules:

1- Most importantly, I am looking for -ACTIVE- writers who will not bail on this RP mid-way through. I have chosen to start this RP after final season in understanding that many of us have exams and tests to deal with. That being said, all members will be required to post at once a week. This number has gone down due to some re-thinking.

2- Creative minds. Example: If I receive an application for a stereotypical soldier who is an expert at everything and has no flaws, you will be instantly rejected. Let your creative juices flow, and make interesting characters with flaws and assets. There are many different roles needed on the island, and I'm sure many of you will make interesting characters that will fit these rolls.

3- Absolute ZERO tolerance for griefing/OOC quarrel. This is not a place where constant trolling or griefing will be allowed. Pretty self explanatory. If there are OOC issues between players, notify me in PMs and keep it outside of the thread.

4- All Elliquiy rules must be followed.

5- No Godmodding. Just...no.

6- Respect players ON/OFFs.

7- No Player Character Death without GM approval. This is to simply monitor the amount of people in the RP, which makes managing this story much, much easier for myself.

Character Creation:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]Paste clothed image URL here[/img][/float][float=right][spoiler=NSFW][img height=300 padding=5]Paste nude image url here[/img][/spoiler][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] Character name

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Island Role:[/b]

[b]Physical Appearance :[/b] Is there anything the picture doesn't show? Dimples, Tattoos, Beauty Marks?

[b]Distinguishing Traits:[/b] What makes your character stand out?

[b]History: [/b] Who are they? Why were they on the plane? (Minimum 2 Paragraphs)

[b]Sexuality:[/b] Self Explanatory

[b]Likes:[/b] List at least five things they enjoy
[b]Dislikes:[/b] List at least five things they don't enjoy

[b]Strengths:[/b] What are they good at?
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] What are they bad at?

[b]Personality:[/b] What is she like?

[b]PLAYER ONS AND OFFS:[/b] Please link to your O/O page.

Roles / IC Information:

There are several things people could do, divided into roles by the leader which will be yours truly.
0- Camp Leader: Voted upon arrival, he has the final say in all matters. Dictates and manages all subroles. Reserved for Rave.
1- Caretaker: The all arounder, a person who does not have a specific skill but can remotely assist in all roles.
2- Medic: The people who have prior knowledge of medicine/science, will be responsible for dangerous tasks such as collecting both centipide/jellyfish poison.
3- Forester: Bulky and strong, their main job is to cut down trees and retrieve materials from the crash site to build the camp.
4- Explorer: The adventurous ones. They are responsible for mapping the island, as-well as exploring unknown parts of the island.
5- Coral/Snake Hunter: Above Average swimmers, their job is to hunt within the safe zone for Coral and Sea Snakes.
6- Dragon Hunter: Skilled in the use of knives/spears, they are warriors responsible for hunting Komodo Meat. Extremely Dangerous.
7- Shark Hunter: Excellent Swimmers, they are warriors responsible for hunting Shark Meat. Extremely Dangerous.

Now there are several animals on the island that will be mentioned, though not mapped because they are not of too much importance. I'll have a table of sorts which lists all animal types: Crabs, Lobsters, Spiders, Etc. Furthermore there are several locations of RP. The Hidden Cave is a well known place for people to escape the campsite and relax. The main camp itself is going to be the 'central hub' sort to speak for all the RP, while I have plans for the unexplored area to end up being something like a remote ruins of a far gone civilization that could be used as another RP hub/shelter in the future. The Safe Zone is the area relatively okay to swim in, while the Jelly Fish Cove is off limits to anyone except Medics who are familiar with extracting the Jellyfish poison. The Centipedes are the same. Further into the island and outside into the ocean are the 'main antagonists' sort to speak, which is the deep island den of Komodo Dragons and the Tiger Sharks circling the island

Picture References:

Island Layout:

AndyZ

Do you have to have watched Lost in order to follow this?  Will there be spoilers for it?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rave

Quote from: AndyZ on May 07, 2014, 10:37:39 PM
Do you have to have watched Lost in order to follow this?  Will there be spoilers for it?

No, the game is simply inspired from similar situations on the show. The RP exists in a totally different universe from the LOST universe, and you don't need to have watched the show to understand the RP. Also no, no spoilers  :-)

AndyZ

I'm thinking of grabbing Explorer as someone who parkours around the island and is trying to get a feel for that last unexplored area.  No major ideas yet, though.  I'll ponder.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Esmeralgirl

Rave

Quote from: AndyZ on May 08, 2014, 12:55:12 AM
I'm thinking of grabbing Explorer as someone who parkours around the island and is trying to get a feel for that last unexplored area.  No major ideas yet, though.  I'll ponder.

Sounds good, just post up a character sheet whenever you settle on what you'd like to play  :-)

Quote from: Esmeralgirl on May 08, 2014, 06:31:15 AM
Color me interested if it gets enough response :-)

Great! I'm looking forward to getting more people in for all the fun.

Rave

Quote from: JennyFive on May 08, 2014, 05:12:45 PM
Working on a Shark Hunter fem.  Just saying.  :)

Ah you're going for it! Jenny you totally just made my day<3

Lockepick

I'm tentatively interested in a coral/snake hunter -- but like all group games -- my final interest will be based on whether or not there is any compatible gay dude PCs to fuck around with!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Rave

Quote from: lockepick on May 08, 2014, 06:13:06 PM
I'm tentatively interested in a coral/snake hunter -- but like all group games -- my final interest will be based on whether or not there is any compatible gay dude PCs to fuck around with!

Its actually good to note that this game is LGBT friendly  :-)

Esmeralgirl

Quote from: Rave on May 08, 2014, 05:06:05 PM
Sounds good, just post up a character sheet whenever you settle on what you'd like to play  :-)

Great! I'm looking forward to getting more people in for all the fun.

I'm gonna make a explorer girl.

Rave

Quote from: Esmeralgirl on May 09, 2014, 03:14:59 AM

I'm gonna make a explorer girl.

Fantastic!

GM NOTE:

I've put down the number of required posts to once/week to allow the more busy members a chance to participate too.

Scylla

NSFW
Name: Regina "Reggie" Loren  Character Open for Other Player

Island Role: Shark Hunter

Physical Appearance : Reggie is fighting trim from her days in the military. She keeps herself in peak condition for deployment at any time.  The number "412" is tattooed on her right bicep.  A jagged scar wraps her left thigh.  She's tan with long, curly brown hair and dark brown eyes.

Distinguishing Traits: She plays a strange angle on the typical dominant and submissive roles.  Socially, Reggie is very friendly and helps in any way she can.  When challenged or prodded by masculine guys trying to test her, she becomes very competitive in a playful way.  She takes the submissive role with those she particularly takes a liking to, but will be very coy and chaste.

History: Away from the base for a few weeks, Reggie was en route to see her mother in Jekyll Island, Georgia.  She received a few odd layovers and course changes, but didn't think much of it.  Due to her military mindset, she was simply a soldier waiting for the next order.  The extra alone time gave her a moment to catch up on reading anyway.  She knew as soon as she was unpacked, her days would be spent with her family and swimming in the ocean she'd grown up with.

Regina was always the bigger kid on the playground.  She was the girl that had the earliest growth spurt and, with no small amount of guidance from her ex-military father, took up for the smaller children.  She was the one others ran to when a bully was taking lunch money or pestering the fat kid.  As time went by, she discovered she was actually quite small.  But even at 5'4", the bullies still knew not to mess with her.

Sexuality: Omnisexual

Likes: Reading, swimming, competition, selflessness, fruit.
Dislikes: Boredom, bullies, laziness, insensitivity, heights.

Strengths: Reggie is a natural-born swimmer and took to fishing and shark hunting very quickly.  She is great at calming others during tense situations and working out disagreements, even if it means breaking a nose.  She works hard to earn the other islanders' respect.
Weaknesses: She can't climb or hike worth a damn.  Heights are her big weakness, so she depends on others when it comes to trees or anything to do with mountains. 

Personality: Kind and very social.  She tried hard to remember the names and pesonal likes of every member of the island tribe.  Reggie will give the shirt off her back if someone is in need, but will reverse on that role if challenged.  She takes competition very seriously and will never back down, even in unlikely odds.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: JennyFive's O/O's Page

Chrystal

NSFW
Name: Robyn Knight

Island Role: Medic

Physical Appearance : A small tattoo on her left hip about 2cm across, of two linked circles each with a small cross underneath

Distinguishing Traits: Robyn is something of a tomboy, always has been and always will be. She loves climbing trees, getting her hands dirty, is not afraid of hard work, and has no problem taking the skin off her knuckles occasionally.

History: Robyn grew up in England, in an average family, she has a kid brother, several aunts, uncles and cousins, three surviving grandparents and one surviving great-grandparent. Her ambition, ever since her brother had an operation when he was 8, was to be a doctor. She studied hard all through school and managed to get the grades she needed to get into medical school. She was in her third year of her five year degree when she vanished.

Robyn was taking a holiday to the Caribbean. Her parents had rented a villa in The Bahamas, and the cheapest flight she could get had involved flying trans-Atlantic to New York, then catching a connecting flight to the Caribbean. Her journey had been long and tiring and she was actually asleep when the plane crashed onto the island. Being a med student, her first job was to tend the wounded, and try and save those she could. She managed to save some of her medical text books that she had brought with her to study, in particular the med student's "bible", Gray's Anatomy.

Sexuality: Lesbian switch, mostly submissive.

Likes: Swimming, climbing, taking things apart to see how they work, putting things back together to see if they still work, eating, exercise, adventure.
Dislikes: Pushy men, watching people die, student loans, spiders, indecisive people, gynaecology.

Strengths: Robyn is good at figuring out how things work. She is a strong swimmer and good at climbing trees, rocks etc. She is intelligent and fast on her feet. Once set on a copurse of action, she is doggedly determined and will see it through to it's conclusion.
Weaknesses: She is not particularly strong, and although willing to pitch in she tires easily when doing strenuous activities. Her medical knowledge is incomplete, and while she can do a lot, she is not a qualified doctor.  She tends to be indecisive, in spite of dislilking that trate in others and will defer to someone she sees as older or more experienced. She tends to get queasy when the subject of childbirth comes up...

Personality: Robyn is quite shy around strangers, and has difficulty making friends. She would much rather be told what to do than make a decision herself and be wrong. However, (as mentioned above) once set on a course of action, she will see it through to the end, no matter what obstacles are placed in her way. She is always polite, and generally mild mannered, but there resides deep in her heart a fire that, if awakened will change her into a roaring lioness. However this rarely happens and it takes a lot to awaken the beast.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: Link to my O/O page.

There.

I'm kind-of hoping no-one else makes a medic, because having a med student as the doctor, especially one that gets queasy around pregnant women, would be entertaining. Of course, having a nurse present, who is older and more experienced but doesn't have the medical knowledge, might be interesting, too.

Couple of questions:

1) Where was the flight heading from and too?  It had to have been flying over the Atlantic to be in the Bermuda Triangle.

There's no reason it couldn't be way off course, but if it is flying from Miami  to New York (say), it wouldn't be in the triangle. People need to know, so they can put in their character history where they are heading and why on that flight!

2) Komodo Dragons are found only on the islands of Indonesia. Now, again, I have no problem with there being Komodo Dragons on this island as there is clearly something "supernatural" involved in the Bermuda Triangle, and the dragons could be there for some totally un-scientific reason, or could even have a logical explanation, like a breeding pair were on a flight being transported to a zoo somewhere and the plane crashed... I'm just pointing out that they would not occur in the Caribbean naturally.

3) We've been here a year, so presumably we can have established relationships? Any of the girls want a cute med student as a subby bed-warmer?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Scylla

Doesn't look like I'll be able to play after all, Rave.  So sorry.  I'm leaving the character up in case anyone else wants to use Reggie. 

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

RedEve

NSFW
Name: Michelle Nichols

Island Role: Coral/Snake Hunter

Physical Appearance : Has the body and endurance of an experienced swimmer. Small scar on her left butt cheek.

Distinguishing Traits: Michelle is a friendly young woman from a rather well off Florida family. She was never a stellar student, neither in high school nor in college (where she finally dropped out in the middle of her sophomore year). She was always a very good swimmer and was part of the swim team in both HS and university.

History: Since Michelle had neither the grades nor the commitment to do well academically in university, she eventually dropped out. Thankfully for her, her father had a thriving real estate business where she was first hired in a secretarial position, and then, after two years of gaining some experience, was given her chance as one of his realtors. So far, her success rate is rather mixed, but even with the inherent nepotism of her hiring, she still manages to land around the middle of the pack in sales and thus earns herself a decent living in commissions.

She was on the plane with one of her friends to forget about John, the boyfriend she had just broken up with. She and her friend were flying to the Caribbean for a two week vacations. By some miracle, she survived the plane crash and even got out of it with only a few small scratches and bruises. Most of the other passengers were not so lucky. With her experience as a swimmer and being a good diver, she has taken it upon herself to help in the groups food supply by hunting for coral and sea snakes.

Sexuality: heterosexual

Likes: the beach, partying, chicklit, spending time with her friends, traveling.
Dislikes: unfaithful men, jerks, people who aren’t polite, rats, her mother’s way of making her feel like she’s a failure

Strengths: Michelle is a strong and good swimmer. She is even one of the few people who has successfully swum the Auau channel. Otherwise, she is laid back and finds it easy to make friends. She is not booksmart, but she is not stupid either and she can think quickly when needed.
Weaknesses: She is a bit naïve when it comes to people who want to take advantage of her, especially men. She can have a short temper with those people who have abused her trust. She is easily distracted and prone to ennui.

Personality: She has a bubbly and fun personality that makes if enjoyable to be around her most of the time. This also allows her to quickly make new friends wherever she ends up at. She is a bit naïve about her privileged background and can thus at times put her foot in her mouth without truly realizing it.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: Click here

(Miscellaneous: part of the reason why I chose this girl as my characters likeness is that she truly is an experienced swimmer who really did swim the Auau channel)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Esmeralgirl

@Jenny can I take Regina ?? Although I'll be modifying her into a explorer and will change appearance if that's okay with you ??

Rave

Alright, Time to address some things: I'll be making an approved characters thread when we get a few more submissions up, until then I'll be approving characters here.

@Chrystal - Character Approved - As for your questions:

1- The flight took off From NYC, and was heading to the Bahamas where it crashed in the center of the triangle. The reason the plane crashed was that it did indeed deviate slightly off course, which took its flight over an uncharted and un-discovered island with a strong magnetic pull that caused the plane's crash.

2- As far as the emergence of Komodo Dragons, Komodo island itself where the dragons can be found in the real world is a tropical area. They thrive in hot weather. More-so to this RP, however, is that this is a different breed of Komodo that has many minor asthetic differences, and some major internal ones. You could say they are an un-disocvered sub-species that are completely exclusive to Bermuda island. I'll go in detail about the differences between an actual Komodo and this subspecies later on when I make the table of contents.

3- I'm leaving pre-existing relationships up to the players. You're totally right, its been a year and it would have been very natural for couples to have formed. Feel free to talk to other players OOCly and explore your options, just drop me a PM letting me know  :-)

Rave

@RedEve - Character approved, welcome aboard!

@Jennyfive - It's sad to see you go :[ good luck with future RPs!

Chrystal

Quote from: Rave on May 10, 2014, 02:31:11 PM
Alright, Time to address some things: I'll be making an approved characters thread when we get a few more submissions up, until then I'll be approving characters here.

@Chrystal - Character Approved -

YAY!

QuoteAs for your questions:

1- The flight took off From NYC, and was heading to the Bahamas where it crashed in the center of the triangle. The reason the plane crashed was that it did indeed deviate slightly off course, which took its flight over an uncharted and un-discovered island with a strong magnetic pull that caused the plane's crash.

That makes perfect sense.  I will edit Robyn's history accordingly, just to remove the "random changes" bit and say she flew to New York first then caught a connection for the Bahamas.

Quote2- As far as the emergence of Komodo Dragons, Komodo island itself where the dragons can be found in the real world is a tropical area. They thrive in hot weather. More-so to this RP, however, is that this is a different breed of Komodo that has many minor asthetic differences, and some major internal ones. You could say they are an un-disocvered sub-species that are completely exclusive to Bermuda island. I'll go in detail about the differences between an actual Komodo and this subspecies later on when I make the table of contents.

So they are a previously undiscovered and totally unrelated species of giant land-dwelling reptile that resembles the Komodo Dragon in many ways? That is actually the best and most scientifically plausible explanation.

Quote3- I'm leaving pre-existing relationships up to the players. You're totally right, its been a year and it would have been very natural for couples to have formed. Feel free to talk to other players OOCly and explore your options, just drop me a PM letting me know  :-)

*flutters eyelashes at the girls*

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Scylla

Quote from: Esmeralgirl on May 10, 2014, 12:41:37 PM
@Jenny can I take Regina ?? Although I'll be modifying her into a explorer and will change appearance if that's okay with you ??

Fine with me, just copy and paste as needed.  :)  I do wish I could have used her.  But best laid plans of mice and woman and all that.

Rave

Meet your fearless leader  :P

NSFW
Name: Damir Jurković.

Island Role: Leader / Dragon Hunter.

Physical Appearance : 6'4, 219 Ibs. On his back are several scars, some aquirred because of time on the island and others are older. No ink touches his body, and his tanned skin is clear of freckles and dimples. Bite Marks cover his arms, from his elbow down to his wrist and palm. These are the results of getting too close to Komodo dragons before gaining enough experience.

Distinguishing Traits: A few of his sensory nerves have been damaged, in particular the nerves responsible for transmitting feelings of pain, due to constant poisoning from Komodo Dragon venom. The cycle of poison and anti-poison have slowly chipped away at his nervous system, leaving some of his more physical senses such as touch and pain less heightened. He also has trouble growing facial hair, which is a big annoyance for him. He's always wanted a beard, but only gets annoying, teenage fuzz.

History: Damir was born in Slovakia, to a single mother who worked in the Slovakian Red Light District. Upon his birth, his mother decided her line of work was no longer a valid option, and hid away in a ferry on its way to America without knowing the detailed destination. His mother found herself landing in New York City, and that is where she made a home for herself and her newborn son. Damir grew up in Brooklyn, New York with refugee status in one of the housing projects set up for people like himself. He barely had enough to survive, and the only way he did was his mother working three to four jobs a year trying to generate enough income to pay for his schooling and shelter. Throughout his childhood and adolescence, Damir grew up to be taller than most and more muscular than most, driving him down a road of athletics. He picked up soccer in particular, as his mother used to enjoy watching it whenever she had spare time.

Due to the circumstances of his living and surroundings, Damir was quickly influenced by the gang and criminal life style and walked a darker path than most teenagers his age. He was involved in a number of armed robberies on a smaller scale, and was charged with manslaughter when he accidentally killed a boy in an opposing gang when he ran over him with his car in an attempt to get out of a bad neighborhood. With his mother devastated, and Damir arrested, he was charged as a minor and put in a juvenile facility thus wasting his soccer scholarship to NYU and ruining his future. He was 16. Damir was finally released when he was 20 years old, rehabilitated and with a new outlook on life after time in jail helped him grow up. He went back to his mother's house, where he found her increasingly struggling with Alzheimer's disease and with not too long to live. He needed to find a way to earn money, and as such he would go out and participate in illegal cage fights in order to make a few bucks to keep his mother in the hospital and feed himself.

Tragedy struck again when his mother passed 6 months after his release, and after paying for the funeral service Damir was left with nothing but four dollars and thirty-two cents in change left in his bank account. For the next couple of years, Damir was homeless, living off of homeless shelters and more often than that, simply the streets of New York. His break finally came when a struggling UFC manager was reviewing old illegal fighting videos, and noticed potential in Damir. Despite resistances and reluctance at first, Damir agreed to sign a contract with the man for a trial period where he would be provided a home and food in exchange for fighting - this time legally.

This one chance turned into a career for Damir, as his reluctance quickly turned to confidence upon several wins in the ring. He quickly rose to stardom within the minor fighting circles. Damir spent his life living off of his fists, winning more and more with every fight and gaining sponsors that paid for his living. He became a D-list celebrity, mostly known by teenage boys and middle aged men who craved some excitement in their life but he considered everything a blessing non-the-less. After going back home to pray for his mother in the anniversary of his death, Damir was on a flight from New York City to the Caribbean for his first inter-continental tournament when his flight crashed on the island, and he became one of the few survivors.   

Sexuality: Heterosexual Switch (Leaning towards Dominance)

Likes: Peacefulness, The Ocean, Strong Characters, Determination, Compassion, Sex, Rough Sex.
Dislikes: Cowards, Deserters, Ungrateful People, Disloyal People, Komodo Dragons.

Strengths: Damir is a very good physical competitor, excellent on his feet and superb in close-range combat. He is a land hunter, being the one responsible for leading the Dragon Hunters on the island and directing ambushes. He is very protective of everyone on the island, and possesses the strength of leadership necessary for his position. He is understanding, and likes to listen to people and figure out solutions that leave combat as a last resort. He is a compassionate lover, and truly cares for everyone on the island.

Weaknesses: Damir can be headstrong and irrational at times, especially when the subject in question risks the safety of the people he is responsible for. He is an average swimmer, in fact learning to swim on the island itself, yet he is not strong enough to hunt in the water. He functions best when there is someone opposite him to advise him, as his decisions tend to me more aggressive than they usually need to be. Damir also lacks higher forms of education, so don't ask him about Plato or Socrates, or how neurons and atoms are different. 

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: ~My On's & Offs!~

Esmeralgirl

A slightly updated version of Regina, character credit goes to Jennyfive :-)

NSFW
NSFW
Name: Regina "Reggie" Loren

Island Role: Explorer

Physical Appearance : Reggie is fighting trim from her days in the military. She keeps herself in peak condition for deployment at any time.  The number "412" is tattooed on her right bicep.  A jagged scar wraps her left thigh.  She's tan with long, curly brown hair and dark brown eyes.

Distinguishing Traits: She plays a strange angle on the typical dominant and submissive roles.  Socially, Reggie is very friendly and helps in any way she can.  When challenged or prodded by masculine guys trying to test her, she becomes very competitive in a playful way.  She takes the submissive role with those she particularly takes a liking to, but will be very coy and chaste.

History: Away from the base for a few weeks, Reggie was en route to see her mother in Jekyll Island, Georgia.  She received a few odd layovers and course changes, but didn't think much of it.  Due to her military mindset, she was simply a soldier waiting for the next order.  The extra alone time gave her a moment to catch up on reading anyway.  She knew as soon as she was unpacked, her days would be spent with her family and swimming in the ocean she'd grown up with.

Regina was always the bigger kid on the playground.  She was the girl that had the earliest growth spurt and, with no small amount of guidance from her ex-military father, took up for the smaller children.  She was the one others ran to when a bully was taking lunch money or pestering the fat kid.  As time went by, she discovered she was actually quite small.  But even at 5'7", the bullies still knew not to mess with her.

Sexuality: Bisexual with a lean towards man and switch with more of a submissive.

Likes: Reading, scouting, competition, selflessness, fruit.
Dislikes: Boredom, bullies, laziness, insensitivity, Arrogance

Strengths: Reggie is a natural-born explorer, thanks to her training in military and several scouts she attended in her childhood and took to exploring and mapping the island very quickly.  She is great at calming others during tense situations and working out disagreements, even if it means breaking a nose.  She works hard to earn the other islanders' respect.
Weaknesses: She can't hunt big animals down, part due to fear and part of her love for them. Although survival is in her every instinct, she goes without hunting. It sometimes make her prone to other animals and rendering her in vulnerable situations.

Personality: Kind and very social.  She tried hard to remember the names and pesonal likes of every member of the island tribe.  Reggie will give the shirt off her back if someone is in need, but will reverse on that role if challenged.  She takes competition very seriously and will never back down, even in unlikely odds.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS:Esmeralgirl's O/O's Page

Rave

Lockepick

This game is turning into a total clam-jam, so I'm going to withdraw my interest. It looks fun though! I wish you all the best of luck!

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

AndyZ

Do we have to have NSFW pictures?  Not sure I have overly many that match.

Rave

Quote from: lockepick on May 10, 2014, 09:02:14 PM
This game is turning into a total clam-jam, so I'm going to withdraw my interest. It looks fun though! I wish you all the best of luck!

Well that's too bad :P Usually, the ratio is other way around. Too many guys and too little ladies! But best of luck!

Quote from: AndyZ on May 10, 2014, 09:04:31 PM
Do we have to have NSFW pictures?  Not sure I have overly many that match.

You don't -have- to have one, no. By all means don't let it stop your character sheet.

Esmeralgirl

Quote from: Rave on May 10, 2014, 08:41:10 PM
@Esmeralgirl

What is her role on the island?

Sorry I edited it :-) I didn't realized I'm missing the role part.

Rave

Esmeralgirl

Chrystal

Okay, someone ejukate this higgerant Brit... WTF is a "Clam-Jam"?

If you means there are too many women around - which quite honestly is a very offensive way of saying it - then you deserve to be bitch-slapped! If the only gay guy who has expressed interest withdraws that interest before another gay guy comes along, you won't get any gay guys at all.

On the other hand, if you goes to your pals and say "Look there's this really cool game starting, it looks like a lot of fun, but there aren't enough gay guys, how do you feel about joining?" you might possibly end up with the geys outnumbering the straights.

PLEASE NOTE: I am gay too, and find the disproportionately large number of straight characters to be somewhat off-putting, but if we don't get any other gay females I will go out looking for people who might enjoy the story.

RedEve

Quote from: Chrystal on May 11, 2014, 02:14:23 AM
Okay, someone ejukate this higgerant Brit... WTF is a "Clam-Jam"?

I had never heard of it myself but I sorta guessed it was the female equivalent of sausage fest?  :-X

Lockepick

@Chrystal: Yes, it's the all-female version of a "Sausage Fest." Apologies if you took offense; I've never heard of somebody be offended by the term 'sausage fest' before.

I shouldn't have to defend my choice. This does sound like an interesting story, but I only have room for so many interesting stories. I come to Elliquiy because I don't have to choose between 'interesting plot' and 'sexual tones'. While yes, it's possible more gay male characters might show up -- there is only room for so many characters. I withdrew my application to allow room for more serious applicants that don't hinge on the possibility that a specific character shows up.

Not to demean your struggle: You can't seriously compare the lack of gay male characters in most group games to the veritable army of bi/homosexual female characters in almost every group game.

If you've got anything further to say to me, put it in a PM. This is hardly the arena for this conversation.

Chrystal

Sorry, hun. I can be a bit outspoken occasionally.

Anyway, my own opinion on having discussions in a recruitment thread is that it keeps it at the top and maybe people will take a look....

So, Rave, what do these centipedes look like?

The centipede is not quite nice
It lives in idleness and vice
It has a hundred legs
It also has a hundred wives
And each of these, if she survives,
Has just a hundred eggs.

And that's the reason if you pick
Up any bolder stone or brick
You nearly always find
A swarm of centipedes revealed
They scatter far across the field
But one remains behind

And you may reckon then, my son,
That not alone that luckless one
Lies pitiful and torn
But millions more of either sex,
One hundred multiplied by X
May never now be born.

I dare say, it will make you sick,
But so does all arithmetic.

The gardener says, I ought to add,
The centipede is not so bad.
He rather likes the brutes.
The Millipede is what he loathes
He uses wiled bucolic oaths
Because it eats his roots.

And every gardener is agreed
That if you see a centipede
Conversing with a Milli-
On one of them you drop a stone,
The other one you leave alone.
I think it's rather silly!

They may be right, but what I say,
Is can one stand around all day
And count the creatures legs?
It has too many anyway,
And any moment it may lay
Another hundred eggs.

So, if I see a thing like this:

I murmur "Without prejudice",
And knock it on the head.
And if I see a thing like that:

I take a brick and squash it flat
In either case it's dead!

Cosmo_ac

I do like survival games, and would like to toss my penis into the ring.  I shall post something later today.

AndyZ

Name: Will Conners

Island Role: Explorer

Physical Appearance : A long, thin scar along his back from an animal attack.

Distinguishing Traits: Muscles upon an athletic frame, a warm and inviting smile

History: Will used to play shortstop for his college baseball team, and he loves the thrill of the moment.  Although not quite an adrenaline junkie, he's always had some degree of parkour ability and his time on the island has allowed him to perfect his talents.

He doesn't really like to talk about his past, because he still gets homesick at times.  It's hard to go from a quick pop up thrown to first base to just the quiet ease of the island.  Still, if you can get him to open up, he'll be willing to talk about Pittsburgh and his fond memories of big city living.

When he's not thinking of home, he tends to be fun and great to get along with. 

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Dislikes: Boredom, unnecessary cruelty

Strengths: Will is strong, fast and reasonably durable, talented in parkour and familiar with much of the island.
Weaknesses: Boredom has started to kick in, he's started to take a few unnecessary risks as the island starts to feel like second nature.

Personality: While active, he's jovial and having a great time.  When he starts to get bored, however, he can get fairly despondent and homesick.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0

Changed to Explorer because it fits my initial concept a little better, and Es gave the okay for having two.  Just need to figure out more Likes and Dislikes.

Cosmo_ac

Name: Dillon Richards

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

[/spoiler]

Island Role: Dragon Hunter

Physical Appearance : Standing a good 6'2, and weighing in at 230lbs, Dillon makes for an imposing figure.  He has a large, well muscled physic, and goes clean shaven as much as possible, preferring the feel of it to having scruff.  Dillon often goes shirtless when he can help it, working on his tan, and often tan's naked on the beach, a little ways from the rest of the groups camp when he has some downtime, preferring not to have any tan lines on his body.   

Distinguishing Traits: What makes your character stand out?

History:   Dillon had two things that made him stand out as he was growing up.  One, being that he was incredibly handsome and athletic, the other being that he had a larger then average penis.  Seeing his strengths early, he decided to become a personal fitness instructor, and part time model until modeling would pay all of his bills.  Dillon managed to live a pretty successful life, and even managed to get several high quality modeling gigs, but never seemed to break through into becoming a real professional model.

As it just so happened, he got a call from Levi's, wanting to star in one of their new Jean's commercials, and Dillon was more then happy for the job.  However, he would have to travel, hence why he got on the ill-fated plane ride that would leave him and the others stranded, and making his dreams of becoming a model all but go up in smoke. 

Sexuality: Hetrosexual

Likes: Working out, modelling, reading, writing, learning about people. 
Dislikes: Spiders, centipedes, heights, people who are prudes, and people who take life too seriously.

Strengths: Dillon is extremely fit, and has a great deal of strength and stamina, as well as being very quick and agile.  He has a very good understanding of the human body, nutrition, and health.
Weaknesses: Being reserved, keeping his thoughts to himself, lives for the day and not for tomorrow, Is a bit of a womanizer and flirt, has a hard time sitting still

Personality: Dillon is a very easy going guy, who likes to live life to the fullest.  He thinks people focus too much on the negative aspects of life, and should take time to stop and just enjoy it, as you never know when it is going to end.  Dillon has no problem with work, but usually wants to get it done as soon as possible so he can enjoy the rest of the day as well as workout.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4955.0

justme4386

Consider me interested.

I'm working on a caretaker - an R&B starlet that isn't able to do much other than sing and make music, sweet talk people and be stubborn.

However, I haven't found any suitable clothed pictures yet... expect more within the next two - three days.
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

Quote from: Chrystal on May 11, 2014, 09:08:58 AM

So, Rave, what do these centipedes look like?

There you go :P

@AndyZ: You left half the character sheet un-answered. Please complete answering all the required questions  :-)

@Cosmo_ac: Accepted, just fill in your character's distinguishing traits in the character sheet.

@Justme4386: Great! As I said though, one picture is enough for the sheet. The NSFW image is mostly optional.

AndyZ

Still working on it, just posted the half I had because I'm kinda stuck on some stuff and had to go.  I can remove it if you want but didn't want to lose what I had.

Rave

Quote from: AndyZ on May 11, 2014, 06:55:21 PM
Still working on it, just posted the half I had because I'm kinda stuck on some stuff and had to go.  I can remove it if you want but didn't want to lose what I had.

You don't have to remove it, no. Just fill it in when you're time frees up. No worries.

Alias

ennesseffW
Name: Allison Charter

Island Role: Caretaker

Physical Appearance : 5'5 122 lbs. The pictures don't properly outline her bust, Allison is a petite girl, and her breasts are modest in size. In decent shape, despite their size, Allison fills out her clothing well, but she's self conscious of her naked body due to her wide hips and small breasts.

Distinguishing Traits: Allison's bright red hair is as natural as her eye color, and her easily burned skin. Allison is socially awkward, she clearly overthinks everything, her dark eyes seem deep and ever-searching for something that she never talks about. Southern drawl.

History: Allison was nearly finished with a double major degree in library science, and archival science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She hadn't particularly wanted to be a librarian, but at the end of her high school career, a number of tests and career planning programs at come to a conclusive decision. Ms. Charter had always been a reader, and her ability to form scientific essays was unparalleled among her graduating class. She finished on the honor roll without feeling honored in any particular way. Allison's life was dull, she didn't get a lot of enjoyment from music or the arts. Allison only enjoyed films that were historically accurate, and her list of friends was constantly diminishing. A childhood friend, a young man named Damyan had always been there to take her out and get her out of her reclusive ways.

Allison had only one more year of school left, and she had decided to take a vacation. Damyan had joined her, the two of them spent two weeks in New York, entirely platonic. Damyan had intended to finally make his move now. It hadn't gone well, and Allison had ended up reading in her hotel room reading any publication she could get her hands on. The two of them had started to fight, and Allison was giving him the cold shoulder on the plane to the Bahamas. She doesn't remember the crash, but Damyan died, and she nearly went down with him. Instead, a hefty concussion and broken ribs left her struggling for breathe and unconscious in her seat.

Sexuality: Lesbian

Likes: Learning about people's childhood, fruit - unripe or sweet, the effects of alcohol, warm rain, clean blankets
Dislikes: hairy legs (on self), time to think alone, boasting and/or know-it-allness (hyopcritical), passive-aggressiveness (hypocritical), laziness

Strengths: Memory, writing, archiving, athletic, good instincts, fantastic self-less lover
Weaknesses: awkward, annoying, very bad eye-sight (colorblind, severely near-sighted), easily frightened in dangerous situations

Personality: Allison is very kind and supportive to other people, whether they irritate her not. She's good at pouring salt in the wound, and then relieving the pain. Allison is gifted with her words, but she saves those for the people that she truly cares about. Her eyes are often distant, and she speaks ina  confused manner as if she's losing her mind. Allison gets confused inside of her own thoughts sometimes, and she can derail her own ideas completely by accident. She's fantastic at storing information, and archiving it in her mind, but she is terrible at using the information appropriately. She tries to stay quiet in social situations in order to avoid appearing insane.

Allison can be animated when drunk, and much more rude.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=203745.0

RedEve

I have a general question: will there be other challenges besides the struggle for survival and the wildlife?

Rave

@Alias: Character Accepted.

@RedEve: There are plans for further development concerning the story, and that will come with the discovery of what lies within the "Un-explored area" within the map. We'll get to that later in the story, however, after the RP takes off and everyone gets a feel for their character and partner. Big things will come, but in time.

justme4386

NSFW

Name: Shandy aka Shawnee - born Dana S. Roberts

Physical Appearance : Shandy is about 5'6" with long, black hair, small pert breasts and a winning smile that she will flash at anyone. She's never considered herself hot or irresistible, but learned quickly that a flash of skin, a bending at the hips or an extra little swing of her hips could actually create opportunities to open doors. So she is confident of her body and feels little need to hide it.

Distinguishing Traits: Shandy got used to living on the fast lane. Patience is something that doesn't come easily for her. She needs to be moving on, acting, doing something, working towards a goal. Before her big break she worked hard and tireless on breaking in. She's nothing if not persistent - right down to tenacity. Some call her stubborn, but it has been this characteristic that has kept her up and running and climbing the ladder of success. Though she might seem all work and no play, nothing could be further from the truth. Shandy came to like parties - she came to liking being the center of attention, dancing, singing and drinking...

History: Before she crash landed her in the middle of nowhere, Shandy was an up and coming R&B starlet after having been the "quota-black-girl" in a girlie-band. Being the second oldest of six kids Dana took over responsibility early which left her level headed, but at the same time the simple life left her yearning for more... for riches. Her early years in school were very unspectacular with average to poor grades until a music instructor in her high school discovered her voice. With her teacher's conviction and support Dana let herself become the solo artist in her high school choir which let her to get a first taste of the stage... a taste she liked.

With a grant and scholarships for african-american girls Dana started college to become a physical therapist - to appease her dad, who was very particular that she needed to study something substantial... with a future. However with the continued support of some of her former teacher's friends and an unbreakable will to make it big, she scored a place on a five girl pop troupe. She dropped out of college on her senior year for a cross-country tour. Though she came to regret this decision at first when the band broke up halfway across the country, she turned her predicament into her fortune. Trapped in Boston with no money to return home she started waiting tables and as luck would have it was heard singing along to some of the coverbands playing at the joint. Two years later - living under her stage name Shandy - her first solo album is nearing gold status and after paying off her parent's house, she wanted to take the first vacation of her life...

She never learned anything useful in this kind of environment except for cooking, cleaning and looking after her younger siblings - leaving her as a care taker. What little she remembers from her college years isn't enough to qualify her as a Medic, but she will help out if instructed properly.

Sexuality: Bi-curious

Likes: Music, Alcohol, Music, Socializing, Music, Room Service, Music, Dancing... did I mention Music?
Dislikes: Idleness, long winded (pointless) discussions, machos, sitting around, monologues,

Strengths: Music, Dancing, anything that requires endurance and tenacity
Weaknesses: Manual crafts, anything that requires strength and speedy reaction

Personality: Shandy is a person of extremes - she can be cheery, bubbly, with a careless attitude, cheeky humor and always trying to cheer people up. On the other hand she can extremely level headed, logical to the point of being pedantic.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: Me's O/O thread.

For those wondering: Any similarities to deceased persons are purely coincidental. I first wrote the bio before searching the net.

One question from my side: I have seen a lot of different paces when it comes to "jumping into the action" and was wondering if this more focused on action or more focused on plot with action being a passtime? On a scale from 1 being all plot and no action to 10 being porn-style all action and no plot, how would you rate this game?
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

@Justme4386

Character approved, I like the originality  :-)

As for your question, I wouldn't put this game on a scale to begin with because it's not being dictated. Its free-form, so at the end of the day, it comes to majority decision. That being said, the "Unexplored Area" on the map is a catalyst to some heavy plot inclusion, meaning there will be several challenges and a new goal for the survivors besides managing their little society.

Now, I don't plan to initiate that part of the story until half-way through this RP. I suppose if I was forced to rate it, I would say it was 5/5, Half of it is certainly free-form action, where...being blunt, people can pair up and fuck under trees or in the ocean, build sandcastles, whatever fancies their muse. Once all players have experienced that to a degree of satisfaction, I will initiate an event which involves the island explorers running into what lies within the unexplored area: Thus propelling the game into deeper plot than already established. Whether I will reveal what this discovery is going to be OOCly, or leave it as a surprise, I'm yet to decide.

Hopefully that answers your question.

justme4386

Quote from: Rave on May 12, 2014, 04:30:34 PM
@Justme4386

Character approved, I like the originality  :-)
Thanks. Though I am not sure if you are pulling my legs considering one of the first pictures I found when searching for one was of an R&B starlet that died in a plane crash off of the Bahamas...  :-\

Quote from: Rave on May 12, 2014, 04:30:34 PM
Hopefully that answers your question.
It gives me a better idea what to expect, thank you.

Love,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

Quote from: justme4386 on May 12, 2014, 05:15:07 PM
Thanks. Though I am not sure if you are pulling my legs considering one of the first pictures I found when searching for one was of an R&B starlet that died in a plane crash off of the Bahamas...  :-\

Lol, I've actually never heard of this ever occurring, so as far as the I was concerned she's pretty original. Even if she is based on a sad, real life event there's enough back-story and character development in her history to make her unique, which I love about all character submissions that are approved  :-)

Chrystal

@ Alias - Ooh, another lesbian.

Would you like to talk about a possible relationship? Maybe even involving Justme in a three-way from time to time?

Alias

@crystal

perhaps, It was running through my mind as well, but my adventurous nature when writing is almost reversed in my character when considering life decisions, she'll have to be convinced, somehow, that its ok. :P

Sorry, about the run on sentence, I'm feeling lazy this morning.

Chrystal

Not sure what you mean. Given that the characters have been on the island for almost a year, any convincing would have already been done and either they are in a relationship or they aren't...

justme4386

Quote from: Chrystal on May 12, 2014, 05:44:38 PM
Maybe even involving Justme in a three-way from time to time?
Shandy wouldn't start out in a relationship with a woman. It's only been a year and there's plenty of guys as far as I can tell - but she might have had the occasional fling - not being opposed to some casual sex and all...

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

Quote from: justme4386 on May 13, 2014, 01:44:22 PM
Shandy wouldn't start out in a relationship with a woman. It's only been a year and there's plenty of guys as far as I can tell - but she might have had the occasional fling - not being opposed to some casual sex and all...

Like I said, from time to time.

Rave

The Accepted Characters Thread is now up:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=203885.0

I will post the link in the first page as-well for easier access.

Based on the number/gender of people we have, I would say we only need 3-4 more players before the game can begin. Preferably another male or two to even out the odds.

Chrystal

A couple of suggestions, Rave.

First, you might want to tidy up the character sheets you have posted, make them all the same format. Some people have somehow changed the the layout.

Second, you might want to put the player name on each post, to make it easier to remember who is playing whom?

And third, you actually have more "males" than females, unless Alias agrees that her lesbian character and mine are a couple, in which case you have the same number.

I suggest we could actually do with more female characters, unless your males like to share and the straight girls like to be shared.

And if Alias doesn't want her girl shacked up with mine, which is her choice, we definitely need more girls.

justme4386

Chrystal was faster... had the same suggestions so:

+1, Like, etc... :-)

Quote from: Chrystal on May 13, 2014, 03:08:58 PM
I suggest we could actually do with more female characters, unless your males like to share and the straight girls like to be shared.
I wouldn't mind sharing... sharing is caring and I'm a caretaker. :-)

Ok, ok, bad pun. Bed's calling... ;D

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

As far as edits to the thread go, I'll be able to refine everything when I'm not at work  :P I just wanted to get the thread up so we have a good headcount.

And I don't count lesbian females as 'Male' characters, but your point is well taken. There's still room for about 4 more characters, so we will see the applications coming in and figure it out from there.

Chrystal

Quote from: Rave on May 13, 2014, 04:21:10 PM
As far as edits to the thread go, I'll be able to refine everything when I'm not at work  :P I just wanted to get the thread up so we have a good headcount.

And I don't count lesbian females as 'Male' characters, but your point is well taken. There's still room for about 4 more characters, so we will see the applications coming in and figure it out from there.

Having a balanced M/F count is actually a common problem for LGBT players. Strictly you need to count us separately, except it doesn't work that way as we all know. If you have three male and five female, but two of the females are lesbians, you have a balanced number. But if two of the females are bi as well and decided to get together, you have an imbalance, unless two of the guys do the same...

then, what happens if three players form a menage-a-trois? It is all far too complex and personally I think it is far better just to allow things to develop. Of course, this conflicts with the "never start at the beginning" rule, and can also leave people out in the cold.

*shrug* I also have a marked p[reference for games that don't have permanent pairings. Unfortunately, my own sexuality makes this difficult in mixed gender games where there are fewer gay or bi females and the guts want some of the girls too... Anyway, will see what transpires.

SGTDan

A few questions Rave;

1.) Will there be any Lost style twists or is this simply a Lord of the Flies kind of game.

2.) Has the group explored other islands in the area or is this the only land for miles?

3.) I'm presuming that the location being in the Bermuda Triangle is a hint any other more bizarre elements to manifest?

4.) Most has given up but have all of them truly given up? Not actively but maybe a smoldering fire?

5.) How much of the plane survives now?

6.) Is there any evidence of past inhabitants? Ancient structures of lost cultures?
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Rave

Quote from: SGTDan on May 13, 2014, 05:32:39 PM
A few questions Rave;

1.) Will there be any Lost style twists or is this simply a Lord of the Flies kind of game.

2.) Has the group explored other islands in the area or is this the only land for miles?

3.) I'm presuming that the location being in the Bermuda Triangle is a hint any other more bizarre elements to manifest?

4.) Most has given up but have all of them truly given up? Not actively but maybe a smoldering fire?

5.) How much of the plane survives now?

6.) Is there any evidence of past inhabitants? Ancient structures of lost cultures?

As far as exploring other surrounding islands go, the island this RP is taking place on is locked in a Storm's eye. Meaning any attempts to escape, or rather go outside a certain circle of saftey means death. The plane wreckage has been almost 100% salvaged at this point throughout the year, and was used to build the camps and equipment they currently use. There's not much left there. The survivors have, in a sense, left their previous lives behind and are moving on with a society on this island. This is not meant to be like LOST, where they are trying to get off the island every episode. Though I suppose there could be the one character who refuses to accept the situation.

As far as all your other questions, I might as-well reveal this since the questions keep coming. The Un-explored area is going to be indeed, remnant of a civilization yet to be discovered by modern man. There will be elements of mysticism involved, but not on a mind-fuck degree like the actual LOST mythos. The Discovery of these ruins will present several options, spark a struggle for power and leadership, and open new opportunities for the survivors when it comes to leaving the island. If you've ever played the new Tomb Raider, the civilization will have certain technology able to lightly affect the weather. But I won't get into that now.

@Chrystal

I agree, just don't over think pairings right now. We'll see who joins, and not everyone has to be perfectly matched up with another. Anyone is free to hook up with anyone, and all players can establish relationships OOCly and implement them ICly at the start of the game.

SGTDan

Quote from: Rave on May 13, 2014, 06:07:10 PM
As far as exploring other surrounding islands go, the island this RP is taking place on is locked in a Storm's eye. Meaning any attempts to escape, or rather go outside a certain circle of saftey means death. The plane wreckage has been almost 100% salvaged at this point throughout the year, and was used to build the camps and equipment they currently use. There's not much left there. The survivors have, in a sense, left their previous lives behind and are moving on with a society on this island. This is not meant to be like LOST, where they are trying to get off the island every episode. Though I suppose there could be the one character who refuses to accept the situation.

As far as all your other questions, I might as-well reveal this since the questions keep coming. The Un-explored area is going to be indeed, remnant of a civilization yet to be discovered by modern man. There will be elements of mysticism involved, but not on a mind-fuck degree like the actual LOST mythos. The Discovery of these ruins will present several options, spark a struggle for power and leadership, and open new opportunities for the survivors when it comes to leaving the island. If you've ever played the new Tomb Raider, the civilization will have certain technology able to lightly affect the weather. But I won't get into that now.
Thank you Rave! Your answers were amazing and gave me a pretty good idea. I figured either you had LOST or Tomb Raider twists in mind. I hope I haven't ruined anything of yours. I was simply curious.

I have a character concept but fear it may be too skill heavy. A survivalist globe trotter who was a guest speaker at a conference in NYC, he was heading home when the plane crashed. I'm imagining him being a cross between Dundee and Indiana Jones. Not sure if that would fit, so I'm pitching it early.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Rave

Quote from: SGTDan on May 13, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
Thank you Rave! Your answers were amazing and gave me a pretty good idea. I figured either you had LOST or Tomb Raider twists in mind. I hope I haven't ruined anything of yours. I was simply curious.

I have a character concept but fear it may be too skill heavy. A survivalist globe trotter who was a guest speaker at a conference in NYC, he was heading home when the plane crashed. I'm imagining him being a cross between Dundee and Indiana Jones. Not sure if that would fit, so I'm pitching it early.

You're welcome  :-) And no, you didn't ruin anything. I decided it was better to leave it out in the open.

As far as a survivalist character, that's fine as long as he's not over-powered in his skill use. There are very definitive roles on the island, so as long as he doesn't have every single ability to do all 7 roles ever, you should be fine. All I ask is for the character to be realistic.

agentlemanwithadream

NSFW-ish
Name: Blake Larchmont

Island Role: Forester/Explorer

Physical Appearance : The picture is an extremely cleaned up, just before him and Mary left the hotel for the flight, picture. Since his time on the island, he had gone back to rough around the edges style including, a full beard and multiple scars on his arms and legs, none of them particularly large or gruesome, from a lifetime of physical labor. He also enjoys a cut, but not exactly chiseled, 6’2, 215 lbs frame.

Distinguishing Traits: His charm and southern drawl

History: Born and raised outside of Memphis Tennessee, Blake spent his childhood performing all the farm tasks one would expect from a farm boy.  A simple guy, he walked a pretty straight and narrow life. His daily routine was getting up with the sun, working until the sun went down, and getting some sleep until it was time to get up and work again the next day. While other kids were running to the city to go to clubs and later bars, Blake stayed near his farm with those closest to him and hosted bonfires and camping weekends.

A couple years after graduating high school, Blake fell in love. Mary Johnson was the most beautiful girl he had ever met. Having just moved into the small town with her parents, he found her on the side of the road, lost, with no cell phone reception. It was a quick fix, the tire and the directions, but he couldn't help with her reception. They exchanged numbers and met the next week for lunch and from that moment, they had been connected at the hip. After a year of dating, they were going to take a trip to the Bahamas so that Blake could propose to her.

Blake never wanted to go to New York in the first place. The hustle and bustle of the big city was something that never excited him, he was much happier with his quiet, simple life in the country. But if he had to make the long trip to New York to take his love on a week long trip to the Bahamas, he would happily do so. They arrived a day early, to see some sights, and Blake’s idea of the city was confirmed. It was loud, overly busy, dirty and the people were rude. He vowed never to return to New York, except for the return flight. Unfortunately, the plane went down for reasons he never tried to understand and Mary didn't survive. Blake dug Mary’s grave himself, not allowing anyone to help in her final preparation. It was difficult work, because of a lack of tools, but he got it done. For the first few months, outside of adjusting to life on the island, he had to adjust to life without his love. Eventually, he found out that he had a special skill set that was necessary to ensuring not only his survival, but the survival of the others who made it through the wreck.

Dislikes: Bugs, Snakes, Death, Plucking Birds, Sunburn

Strengths: Blake is a working machine, having worked outside all his life he is no stranger to hard work and approaches work with an open mind. Long days on the farm transferred to long days on the island and if there is a job that needs to be done, Blake will likely sign up for the task.
Weaknesses: Blake doesn’t have any medical training so if anything was to happen to him, he would be out of luck. He is overly trusting, Blake is almost always willing to go out a limb for people whenever they say they need the help regardless of how he is feeling at the moment.

Personality:Overall, Blake is a someone who is always extending a helping hand. Simple and hardworking, Blake wants to establish himself as a strong member of the island community. He believes that God has a reason for everything and the reason no one has found the plane crash over the year is because they are supposed to establish a new community here.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: A Gentleman's O&O's [/spoiler]

SGTDan

Well nobody can be good at everything, even those hard motherfuckers up in Alaska. He'll have a lot of skills but not overpowered, like his first aide skill would be limited to quick fixes to stabilize rather then actual surgery. I'm going to make him older so he's sort of a mentor for the younger people on the island. Teaching his skills to those in other roles, to help them in their jobs. Like teaching the Dragon Hunters how to properly butcher a animal in a way to save the most meat.

That was my vision, the old man of the group to guide these people in living off the land. Sort of his lasting legacy.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Rave

@agentlemanwithadream: Welcome aboard!

@SGTDAN: Looking forward to his character sheet  :-)

SGTDan

Name: Holden Blackwood

Island Role: Mentor/ Senior Explorer

Physical Appearance:
Graying brown, well groomed short hair reveals a chiseled, time worn face. Round brown eyes, set handsomely within their sockets, watch faithfully over the kids he calls his proteges and the island that will be his legacy. A beard gorgeously compliments his cheekbones and eyes and leaves an intriguing memory of his luck in love. There's something appealing about him, perhaps it's his sense of justice or perhaps it's simply his father like disposition. But nonetheless, people tend to worship him, while hoping to follow in his footsteps.

Distinguishing Traits: There's not too much about Holden that is incredibly distinguishing, except for his rather haggard face.

History:
He's honest, savvy, wise and perhaps a little too stubborn. However there's more than meets the eye, not surprising for somebody with his position. Holden was born to a small family in Anchorage, father was a fishing captain on a boat while his mother was the ever loyal fish wife. Life was pretty trouble free for his childhood. His father taught him the tricks of the fishing trade while his mother taught him other skills like sewing. When he became sixteen he joined the US Armed Services much to the pride of his pro Uncle Sam parents, serving for several years in the Army.

Experiences in the Gulf,Somali and Kosovo changed a young boy into a man. Briefly participating in Afghanistan Holden left that service due to his frustration with the way the world was going. No longer feeling that service meant the same thing as it did when he joined. Hunted by his own PTSD he searched for a new way of life. Settling back down in Alaska with a loving wife, Holden fell back into the old way of life. Just like his father before him and his father's father the man lived off the land. That was till a bear killed his pregnant wife when he was away hunting.

Distraught over the loss Holden secluded himself in their tiny cabin, refusing to touch her things. Change came in the form of a radio call about some production people looking for survivalists to host a new travel show. To this day Holden doesn't understand what made him answer that call but he did. It was a hit for the network, Operation Ruby became popular show with the networks small following. Named after his late wife Holden used the show as therapy for his mental conditions and to teach people how to live off the land. It followed the veteran as he globetrotted all over the world. Enjoying culture and nature of each locale, Holden found it exciting to be finally making a difference for people.

From all over the world people would send letter to his little Alaskan cabin telling him how he had inspired them to do things they never would of. For the grizzled old man this was his way of spending the last years of his life doing something that made a difference. In NYC for a fan meeting, Holden was on his way home to Alaska when his life changed again. Stranded on this island Holden has become a father figure for many of the survivors, instrumental in the groups continual survival. Teaching the survivors how to live off the land he makes sure each one has the skills to do their job. Falling into a job similar to his military days Holden tends to explore and mark down new sites of resources leaving the kids to hone their skills on them. Viewing this island as his mark on the world, he plans to cement the foundations of this little nation and make it his legacy.

The Blackwood legacy.

Likes: Woodworking,Hiking,Simple Living,Camping, Moonshine
Dislikes: Rich people, arrogance, incompetence, complacency, laziness

Strengths: Holden is an Alaskan bred survivalist, a veteran and a teacher by necessity

Weaknesses: Holden is a bit of a Luddite, a bad doctor and sucks at being a leader.

Personality: I believe all the hints are above, enough to form a good idea anyway.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: Click the Roleplaying Preferences

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Rave

agentlemanwithadream

I probably should proofread that.  :-\

Oh well, submitting for approval!

Alias

still watching this game develop. Crystal, I'll send you a pm to see if our characters blend well. I intended for them to blend well.

Chrystal

Quote from: Alias on May 14, 2014, 10:29:17 AM
still watching this game develop. Crystal, I'll send you a pm to see if our characters blend well. I intended for them to blend well.

Okies... :) I will await it eagerly

SGTDan

As I mentioned, Holden is a mentor to most of the kids here. If anyone has ideas about that it's okay, in fact with Rave's approval I plan to have Holden having the only functioning gun on the island. A quick check of TSA regulations show you can bring arms and ammunition on board. Before you ask it has maybe five or six rounds so he uses it to mostly protect himself and the camp. His hut is the only thing of the airplane that remains, the cockpit cleared out to fit a small cot and living space. From it's high advantage he watches over the camp.

I imagine most of the survivors call him Pa or some variation.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Chrystal

@ Sgt Dan

I'm going to make myself unpopular, I can see this... I can't work out how a flight from JFK to Ankorage can get anywhere near the Bermuda triangle?

I'm assuming you know where NY and Anchorage are?

SGTDan

Of course I do, any number of things could of happened.

If you are curious, he was to catch a layover flight from Bremuda. A mix up in the system meant he had to take the long way around.
Plane troubles, only connection at the time...

A number of things could of wound him up on the flight.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Chrystal

Heh... that works if you substitute Nassau for Bermuda! :)

Sorry, I'm a little bit OCD about details like that. As the saying goes, "the devil is in the detail"!

SGTDan

Quote from: Chrystal on May 14, 2014, 12:50:40 PM
Heh... that works if you substitute Nassau for Bermuda! :)

Sorry, I'm a little bit OCD about details like that. As the saying goes, "the devil is in the detail"!
I am the same way so it's a understandable question.

I mean maybe there was a problem with his plane and the only feasible connection was a layover from somewhere in the Caribbean. These things happen although rarely now a days.

My detail OCD is also asking Rave, what kind of plane was it?
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Rave

A Boeing 777.

On another note: I'll take one or two more females maximum before the game is going to start. So hopefully the day after tomorrow the OOC thread and the IC thread will go up so we can start things off  :-)

Flower

Are there specific roles those female characters would have to fill or could we pick whichever one we would like?

Rave

Quote from: Dancing flower on May 14, 2014, 02:25:50 PM
Are there specific roles those female characters would have to fill or could we pick whichever one we would like?

Right now, we have one or two of everything except Medic, so that's a role that has to be filled. Though with two spots still potentially open, you're free to take your pick.

@Agentlemanwithadream: Accepted, welcome aboard.

Chrystal

Hey. I'm the medic!

*sulks*

I just had a look at the pic of the crashed airplane that Rave posted at the beginning... Is that an aircraft carrier in the background?

Rave

Quote from: Chrystal on May 14, 2014, 04:25:43 PM
Hey. I'm the medic!

*sulks*

I just had a look at the pic of the crashed airplane that Rave posted at the beginning... Is that an aircraft carrier in the background?

But there's only one of you! That's the point, silly.

*patpat*

One could take a more scientist like role, while the other a more doctor like role.

And I don't see no aircraft carrier o_o just the plane.

justme4386

There is some kind of metallish constraction that could be a ship on the left side on the horizon... but really - that's no 777 either, so let's not be too picky. ;)

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

>_> You guys are just tearing everything apart aren't you.

I'm just tempted to say "Who cares, it's just a dang plane that they were on."

The type of plane is totally irrelevant to the RP, but I was just satisfying your curious muses.

justme4386

Quote from: Rave on May 14, 2014, 04:51:25 PM
>_> You guys are just tearing everything apart aren't you.

I'm just tempted to say "Who cares, it's just a dang plane that they were on."

The type of plane is totally irrelevant to the RP, but I was just satisfying your curious muses.

I absolutely agree... and can only repeat:
Quote from: justme4386 on May 14, 2014, 04:44:47 PM
so let's not be too picky. ;)
The pictures are for the mood - not actual representations of what the island looks like.

But frankly, Rave: It only shows that people are interested in your topic, eager for stuff to start and have no place to hang out in, other than this thread. High time to get this show rollin'... ;D

No, I am absolutely 100%ly not eager to start and not trolling your thread... *shaking head grinning from ear to ear* Nope, not me...

Love,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

*giggles*

Seriously, I was just looking at the pic and was curious about it as a picture, not in relation to anything else.  I find details like that fascinating. I don't mean to pick holes.

A'm not bothered about what sort of plane it was, just that my character got out alive!

Rave

Quote from: justme4386 on May 14, 2014, 04:57:52 PM
I absolutely agree... and can only repeat:The pictures are for the mood - not actual representations of what the island looks like.

But frankly, Rave: It only shows that people are interested in your topic, eager for stuff to start and have no place to hang out in, other than this thread. High time to get this show rollin'... ;D

No, I am absolutely 100%ly not eager to start and not trolling your thread... *shaking head grinning from ear to ear* Nope, not me...

Love,
Me

Haha, well hopefully we can get this RP off the ground in the next couple of days. I'm obviously very excited too  :P

You guys would be surprised at how hard it is to find pictures of a Boeing Airplane crashed on a beach. So...I suppose we'll all just use our creative imagination and pretend that picture isn't part of Battlefield 4  ::)

justme4386

Quote from: Rave on May 14, 2014, 06:00:23 PM
You guys would be surprised at how hard it is to find pictures of a Boeing Airplane crashed on a beach.
I did mention that I am a smartass, didn't I?

Need proof?

OK, OK, so this is a 727 and not a 777, but HEY... no aircraft carrier, but for that people... Survivors? :D

But after this post I am going to so shut up on it. You are doing a great job Rave and I totally appreciate your mood pics. But as I said: I'm just trolling 'cause we haven't started yet.

Love,
Me
despite everything

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Nymphadora

I'll go for a scientific-ish/medic type female role if you still need a girl?

I'll work on a sheet until I hear Yay or Nay!

*tackles Gent and smacks kisses all over his cheeks*
Hi!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Rave

Quote from: justme4386 on May 15, 2014, 12:14:26 PM
I did mention that I am a smartass, didn't I?

Need proof?

OK, OK, so this is a 727 and not a 777, but HEY... no aircraft carrier, but for that people... Survivors? :D

But after this post I am going to so shut up on it. You are doing a great job Rave and I totally appreciate your mood pics. But as I said: I'm just trolling 'cause we haven't started yet.

Love,
Me
despite everything

Lmao no, this actually helps. I'll put it up instead of the one I already have when I'm off work tonight. Good find!

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 15, 2014, 12:23:48 PM

We are indeed needing one more girl before we go ahead and start, so submit your sheet whenever!
I'll go for a scientific-ish/medic type female role if you still need a girl?

I'll work on a sheet until I hear Yay or Nay!

Hi!

Go right ahead.

Nymphadora

NSFW
Name: Taryn Landry

Island Role: Research Scientist turned Assistant Medic

Physical Appearance : 5'2, 118lbs Athletic build from a renewed interest in running and swimming since being stranded. Tattoo on her right wrist, of the Sanskrit symbol for "every day".  Two small tribal turtles on the inside of her right ankle. Her peaches and cream skin that is typically never outside has taken a beating in the last year. Taryn now has a near constant pinky-copperish look with more freckles than she knew she had over her shoulders, chest and face.

Distinguishing Traits: Blue eyes that can stare and appear as if she can see how your mind works, though typically this is just an indication that Taryn has retreated into her own mind to dwell on things she doesn't often share. It can be disconcerting to be in her presence when this happens.

History:   A geek girl from an early age, Taryn excelled in school, advancing quickly through even accelerated public school and university. Her passion is Experimental Evolutionary Developmental Biology but she is primarily a Genetics-centred Biotechnologist. Her work was her life before the crash and she loved every minute of it.

Taryn has a Ph.D. in medical biotechnology. Her mind was well suited to the field. She was recruited immediately from her doctoral studies. Her thesis on the evolution of feathers, challenging Alan H. Brush and Richard O. Prum’s article published in 2003: Which Came First, the Feather or the Bird? drew the attention of a large research and development company awarding Taryn a position as head of an Evo-Devo research department, as well as substantial funding for the more experimental side of Evolutionary Development.

From an early age her parents, both athletes, had encouraged a lot of physical activity. At times they would put it’s importance above studies, something Taryn rebelled against. She reluctantly agreed to include running in her daily routine to satisfy her parents needs. In time she fell off long runs on trails for runs on a treadmill in the gym two floors down from her offices. Running became a habit that if missed, would vex Taryn to no end as it is a large part of her process. Running has kept her in great health and physical shape and tended to keep her level headed. Despite the fitness/healthy side to her life, Taryn became a smoker in her mid twenties.

Sexuality: Bi-sexual - Enjoys taking a more submissive role in the bedroom with any partner, typically excited by rough, forceful sex.

Likes: Running, Puzzling things out, Rain (Thunder storms especially)
Dislikes: Sunburns, centipedes, spiders, when the fire goes out at night

Strengths: Looking at things from all sides, climbing/agility, getting into small spaces, mediating disagreements, crafting
Weaknesses: Over-analyzing, paranoia, prone to heatstroke, control freak boarding on obsession regarding the state of the camp (layout, tidiness, cooking, equal sharing of all assets), outspoken.

Personality: Eccentric, geek girl with a scientific mind verging on genius. She's incredibly caring, driven to find answers and fairly adaptable to extreme circumstances. She also tends to diverge on scientific topics and can talk relatively fast when she gets excited about something. Quirky and funny in a sarcastic sense. Prone to talking aloud to herself to work through problems and situations.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: Nymph's OnOs
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

agentlemanwithadream

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 15, 2014, 12:23:48 PM

Hi!

-ish tackled and kissed- -forces Nymph on her back-

Pinned Ya! -Nala voice-

Well, Hello Muffin

Rave

@Nymph: Character accepted, welcome aboard.

We're one away from starting guys! Contain your excitement!

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Esmeralgirl

Chrystal

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 16, 2014, 10:05:46 PM
Awesome thanks!
Quote from: Esmeralgirl on May 17, 2014, 02:18:55 AM

Looking forward to play with you nymph.

Me too.

I'm guessing that, as Taryn is Robyn's assistant on medical matters, we should discuss how they get on with each other?

Would you like to do that here, or in PMs?

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Nymphadora

Quote from: Chrystal on May 17, 2014, 03:33:49 AM
Me too.

I'm guessing that, as Taryn is Robyn's assistant on medical matters, we should discuss how they get on with each other?

Would you like to do that here, or in PMs?

I've been an admirer of yours for a while, Crystal, glad to get a chance to play with you! (Not meant as a double entendre precisely  ;) )

If Rave has a preference that we discuss here... That is all good otherwise, feel free to PM.  I'm out for a good part of the day today but will be back later.

Quote from: agentlemanwithadream on May 16, 2014, 07:30:10 AM
-ish tackled and kissed- -forces Nymph on her back-

Pinned Ya! -Nala voice-

Well, Hello Muffin

*grins* You do a good Nala!

Word to those who may not know... he's not always a perfect gentleman but that's part of why you get to love him.

*Winks at Gent*

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

justme4386

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 17, 2014, 09:36:16 AM
Word to those who may not know... he's not always a perfect gentleman but that's part of why you get to love him.
A true gentleman knows when not to be one... ;D

Looking forward to actually play with the lot of you... being the newbie around here, as it seems.

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

*picks up da cute bunbun and cuddles* "I will name her George, and I will hug her, and pet her, and squeeze her..."

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 17, 2014, 09:36:16 AM
I've been an admirer of yours for a while, Crystal, glad to get a chance to play with you! (Not meant as a double entendre precisely  ;) )

If Rave has a preference that we discuss here... That is all good otherwise, feel free to PM.  I'm out for a good part of the day today but will be back later.

I have so many secret admirers... *swoons*

Well, how about we start working out the details here and then take them to PM if anyone objects?

So first and most obvious: are they a couple? I have no problem either way. Point to take note is they are both submissive, so would be available for more dominant players to enjoy. I actually prefer gems without exclusive relationships, so this would be okay for me.

If you want Taryn to be shacked up with Blake, I will just have vto find someone else ;)

Next: The professional relationship. Robyn is a bit younger that Taryn, bnut has at least some medical training, where Taryn has more experience but it is mostly theoretical or scientific and to do with genetics and evolution, rather than actual medicine. This makes for an interesting dynamic, I think, especially as Taryn is more sub than Robyn. So Taryn might feel a bit humiliated taking orders from the younger woman, but at the same time will defer to Robyn's more practical knowledge.

We could even have a scene where Taryn knows that Robyn is wrong about something but defers to her anyway, until Robyn realises her mistake and punishes Taryn for not telling her, or something like that.

Does Taryn swim? Because I think one of their duties is collecting jellyfish venom (Not sure why, but I'm sure Rave will explain when we get there). Robyn is a strong swimmer, so if Taryn isn't then R will get the jellies and T can get the pedes.

Rave

Scientists/Medics have exclusive access to Jellyfish Cove, which is needed for jellyfish poison extraction used in creating herbal medicine and anti-venom for stings. They're also responsible for working with the centipede Venom that the Coral/Snake hunters will bring in.

All in all, they don't have to be amazing swimmers but at least basic enough to catch a Jellyfish in a net.

Nymphadora

I have so many secret admirers... *swoons*

Well, how about we start working out the details here and then take them to PM if anyone objects?

Works for me. *Whistles at the gorgeous gal she finally gets to play with*

QuoteSo first and most obvious: are they a couple? I have no problem either way. Point to take note is they are both submissive, so would be available for more dominant players to enjoy. I actually prefer gems without exclusive relationships, so this would be okay for me.

I think they will enjoy each other now and then, for sure, but are not committed solely each other. Perhaps part of the reason is because they are both submissive and need that aspect fulfilled.

QuoteIf you want Taryn to be shacked up with Blake, I will just have vto find someone else ;)

Heh there are no set plans for Taryn and Blake at this point.

QuoteNext: The professional relationship. Robyn is a bit younger that Taryn, bnut has at least some medical training, where Taryn has more experience but it is mostly theoretical or scientific and to do with genetics and evolution, rather than actual medicine. This makes for an interesting dynamic, I think, especially as Taryn is more sub than Robyn. So Taryn might feel a bit humiliated taking orders from the younger woman, but at the same time will defer to Robyn's more practical knowledge.

We could even have a scene where Taryn knows that Robyn is wrong about something but defers to her anyway, until Robyn realises her mistake and punishes Taryn for not telling her, or something like that.

I agree that there can be quite an interesting pro relationship because of their differences. I deliberately made Taryn this way for very much that reason. There definitely will be times when Taryn will clench her teeth when Robyn talks to her, ordering her around because she is not medically trained and HAS to defer to Robyn. But the use of the poisons to create anti-venom and medicines would be largely on Taryn being more science.

Your scene suggestion sounds lovely. It could be that they play a little in that vein but it isn't a requirement if you prefer there be a more dominant character in Robyn's life on a steady basis.

QuoteDoes Taryn swim? Because I think one of their duties is collecting jellyfish venom (Not sure why, but I'm sure Rave will explain when we get there). Robyn is a strong swimmer, so if Taryn isn't then R will get the jellies and T can get the pedes.

Yep, she is a good swimmer.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Chrystal

Robyn is switch, so will sometimes like to play the domme.

I was thinking, possibly, that they could maybe share a hut where they both work and sleep, and sometimes they sleep together, or sometimes they might sleep with someone else.

@ Rave: I'm really hoping that you are planning for everyone to have "open" relationships like this?

So basically, Robyn and Taryn are a couple, but they are also "communal property" so to speak. If any of the others want either of them they are available. (I might be persuaded to go with the guys if they ask nicely... it's always on my terms though!)

And they always have each other to fall back on. Robyn would be the "top" in that relationship.

Taryn would definitely have to do all the chemical stuff, but Robyn would be the one administering the drugs, which could be where we have that scene: Robyn is about to give another player character an overdose, or a dose of the wrong thing, or a dose of the right thing but the patient can't have it because they've taken something else...

@ Rave (again): Are there any "medicinal herbs" on the island?

Not just those, of course, wild coffee plants would be handy, also mint, sorrel, potato, sweet potato, wild cabbage, all sorts of useful veg, as well as pineapples, bananas, coconuts, kelp.

I'm assuming that one of the roles of the medics would be ensuring everyone had a balanced diet?

justme4386

Quote from: Chrystal on May 18, 2014, 04:21:20 AM
I'm assuming that one of the roles of the medics would be ensuring everyone had a balanced diet?
Hehe... you kill it, I grill it.
Sorry couldn't resist. :-)

Considering the tropical location of the island I would think that malnutrition is not something we need to worry about - beside the fact that if we get that medical on this RP, I'm out. Aside from the most widely known forms of scurvy I have NO idea about symptoms of malnutrition.

But I wouldn't object to having a diet containing lots of animal hormones (from the dragons?) that get processed in our body to make us more... well, you know... fun loving. :D

Love,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

Sorry, not wanting to get medical or anything.

I'm just wanting to know if we can assume there are sufficient edible plants, that would need to be gathered and cooked.

The "medicinal" herbs above - well, technically two of them are spices - would be useful to have as aneasthetics - except for the tobacco plant which my medical assistant would need to calm her nerves.

I have no objection if none of them are available, but Taryn might still be bemoaning the demise of her last cigarette!

Rave

I don't know if its realistic to have a plethera of plants like cabbage and potatoes on a fairly small, tropical, deserted island surrounded by storms 24/7 and with an unstable magnetic core. The diet will be more carnivorous than anything, but I wouldn't object to there being a few in-edible plants that could be used with the extracted poison to make basic medicine. That's the Medic's job after all. I will be okay with having, say, a Banana Tree or two, which naturally grows on a tropical island. There's not gonna be any weed either though, unfortunately :P

As far as relationships go, not everyone is going to be "Open" per-say, no. Everyone has a choice to either buckle down and find a partner, or not find a partner and be a social butterfly. Said social butterflies can sleep with whoever they want to, but that doesn't apply to everybody. The main goal of this island is surviving and re-populating, so there should be a healthy balance between couples and open relationships. So whatever players OOCly agree on, will be fine.

To spice things up though, I don't mind having some sort of effect from a certain part of the Komodo meat to have a...fun loving, effect on your body. Haha. They're a brand new species, so we can experiment there.

AndyZ

Makes me wonder if there's a plant that ends up functioning as birth control.  Pregnancy would probably be an issue after a year.

Rave

Quote from: AndyZ on May 18, 2014, 03:09:36 PM
Makes me wonder if there's a plant that ends up functioning as birth control.  Pregnancy would probably be an issue after a year.

As I mentioned, one of the island goals is re-population, so a birth control method is probably something they haven't invested their time in but hey; maybe there is such a plant.

AndyZ

Nymphadora

QuoteRobyn is switch, so will sometimes like to play the domme.

I was thinking, possibly, that they could maybe share a hut where they both work and sleep, and sometimes they sleep together, or sometimes they might sleep with someone else.

Sharing a hut is a good plan. I am game for that. It makes sense they would be close in a general sense because they would be working together a lot.

QuoteSo basically, Robyn and Taryn are a couple, but they are also "communal property" so to speak. If any of the others want either of them they are available. (I might be persuaded to go with the guys if they ask nicely... it's always on my terms though!)

And they always have each other to fall back on. Robyn would be the "top" in that relationship.

Taryn would definitely have to do all the chemical stuff, but Robyn would be the one administering the drugs, which could be where we have that scene: Robyn is about to give another player character an overdose, or a dose of the wrong thing, or a dose of the right thing but the patient can't have it because they've taken something else...

Taryn would be fine with guys and in fact could have a pairing with one of the guys as well. Sort of exclusive to both yet both understanding that she needs the two different relationships in this new life. Both offer her different things. If both take on Top rolls she won't complain either...   :D

I'm also good being more "communal property" though too. ;)  Nice phrasing Crystal!  hehe
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Nymphadora

Quote from: Rave on May 18, 2014, 03:03:55 PM
There's not gonna be any weed either though, unfortunately :P

Well, technically Crystal didn't say weed... not sure if you were referring to the tobacco to calm Taryn down now and then, being a smoker forced to quit and all.

It's not a necessity, I figure Taryn losing her cool now and then could be rather fun.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

justme4386

I heard of people smoking banana peel... No idea what kind of funkyness that might induce, but hey will a real addict question it? ;D

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Alias

if it comes to last resort- i don't mind playing two female characters. :)

WhiteHeart

Are you still in need for another female? If so, I can make an interesting character sheet for you guys. :)

Chrystal

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 18, 2014, 10:50:17 PM
Well, technically Crystal didn't say weed... not sure if you were referring to the tobacco to calm Taryn down now and then, being a smoker forced to quit and all.

It's not a necessity, I figure Taryn losing her cool now and then could be rather fun.

Actually, mtechnically I did say weed.

Marijuana is a plant native to the Caribbean region. It grows wild in the islands and is considered a weed - hence the term. It is also illegal to grow and there is a move by ecologists and biodiversity proponents in the USA to stamp it out before it can invade other biospheres such as Venus and Mars... um... yeah... this is serious brown!

*giggles*

No but seriously, on an uninhabited island in the Caribbean that is not on any chart, it is highly probable that the plant would grow wild, as would tobacco and other plants native to the region.

HOWEVER, I am deferring to GM's wishes on this.

We've had a chat via PM and there will be edible vegetation available, because it is necessary for a healthy balanced diet.

However, there will be no long list of what is and isn't there, just assume you have greens and veg and fruit to eat, and leave it at that.

Okay?

Rave

Quote from: WhiteHeart on May 19, 2014, 01:30:13 PM
Are you still in need for another female? If so, I can make an interesting character sheet for you guys. :)

Yes, one more and we're good to go.

So go for it  :-)

Nymphadora

Quote from: Chrystal on May 19, 2014, 02:33:27 PM
Actually, mtechnically I did say weed.

*Blush*  Yeah, that's embarrassing... I was baked at the time, sorry.  (kidding)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

WhiteHeart

NSFW
Name: Makenzie Perry

Physical Appearance : She is about 5’6”, weighs about 110lbs. She has a belly button piercing as well as a beauty mark on her left knee.

Distinguishing Traits: MaKenzie has bucket loads of patience. She rarely ever gets angry; and when she does, she almost never shows it to anybody. Even if a person is trying to get a rise out of her, it is almost like she doesn’t even care; only when the person means something to her does it hurt, but she won’t make a fight out of it. She tends to keep to herself a lot since she has trust issues from past experiences.

History: MaKenzie is an only child, born to a lawyer and a doctor. Money was never an issue for their family, but they didn’t live like rich people. Makenzie had to work for what she wanted, including her old ’87 Sentra. She wasn’t like most girls, choosing to help her grandma after school, who was fighting a losing battle to leukemia. She only had a couple close friends, but one lived ten hours away and the other, unlike Kenzie, had a life. Her parents were becoming more concerned that she was excluding herself from a normal teenage life and tried to convince her to do more things.

On her nineteenth birthday, her parents surprised her with a trip to (not sure where the flight is going, but that’s where her trip was going). It would leave in two weeks and it was supposed to help her branch out on life experience and get her out of the shell she was living in. The next week, her grandmother died; a big blow to Makenzie, who tried her hardest to get out of the trip. But her parents wouldn’t take no for an answer, driving her to the airport and almost forcing her on.

Sexuality: Straight

Likes: Music, books, solitude, singing birds, going for walks
Dislikes: Fights, vulgar comments, confrontations, sharks, dark places

Strengths: Calming people down, cooking, singing.
Weaknesses: Starting fires, speaking her mind, heights, swimming.

Personality: She is patient, kind, and caring. Always thinking about the next person’s needs before her own. She hates greedy men and won’t have anything to do with the grabby ones. She is rather reserved and quiet and would rather find a quiet place to sit then party with the others.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: Ons/Offs.

Rave

@WhiteHeart: Accepted!

I will inform everyone that SGTDan has been banned for a year by Elliquiy staff, and as such his character is being removed from the game.

However this won't impact the starting time of this game, which should be tomorrow afternoon. That is when the IC thread will go up :) If we get another male interested, so be it, if not, the game shall begin either way.

Rave

And the IC thread is now up and running: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204479.msg10009917#msg10009917

I'll have a post up for Damir later tonight, but feel free to go ahead and post!

justme4386

Will we use this thread for OOC, or did I miss the OoC thread link?

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

justme4386

Quote from: Rave on May 20, 2014, 08:05:25 PMbut feel free to go ahead and post!
Ok, I did, since nobody else felt like starting out... now it's up to you guys.

Feel free to comment on the taste of the food, but know that Shandy has been the camp's cook for the past year and she had some practice before... so she might not be a chef, but at lest the stuff shouldn't be too bad... but tastes differ. ;D

Looking forward to get this ball rolling.

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

justme4386

Me too, but Rave seems busy, considering he's three days overdue with his opening post. ;)

I guess patience isn't one of my great virtues when I am excited about a roleplay... ;D

Love,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

Haha, I apologize for the little wait. Been trying to catch up on all my RPs. I'll be putting up the OOC thread tonight, as well is throwing in my first post hopefully once I'm off work so we can get this started.

Nymphadora

Hey Rave, OOC and a post from our fearless leader coming?
Starting to feel like we're on a desert isl... oh wait.

hehe couldn't resist.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

justme4386

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 27, 2014, 12:23:55 AM
Hey Rave, OOC and a post from our fearless leader coming?
Starting to feel like we're on a desert isl... oh wait.

hehe couldn't resist.
I'm there with you.

Let's practice anarchy and have fun without our fearful - Hahn I mean fearsome... Or was it fearless (?) leader. ;)

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Nymphadora

Quote from: justme4386 on May 27, 2014, 01:14:50 AM
I'm there with you.

Let's practice anarchy and have fun without our fearful - Hahn I mean fearsome... Or was it fearless (?) leader. ;)

WOO Anarchy!

*bounces around the OOC like a super ball flung off a tall building only to get trapped in a bus shelter on it's second bounce*
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

justme4386

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 27, 2014, 01:17:07 AM
*bounces around the OOC like a super ball flung off a tall building only to get trapped in a bus shelter on it's second bounce*
ROFL

*tries to follow suit and fails miserably*

Oh well.

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

justme4386

Hey sweeties,

They say "If life deals you lemons, make lemonade." So if you feel like having some freshly made lemonade, come on over to my place. I will have a nice, fresh supply the next two weeks.

Love,
Me

PS: Meaning I got a lot of RL trouble to handle right now that will be severely crippling my posting speed and probably desire to RP. I hope to be over it in a week or two, but just wanted to warn ahead of time, that our game might get slow. Sorry.

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

*hugs*

You and me both, babe. See amended sig in my post above....

Still, means I have more time to post.

Cosmo_ac

As the only male on the island at the moment, and very comfortable with a clam-jam, at this point I say that those who have posted should continue to post, as we wait for those who have yet to post to get it in gear and post.

But then, I have an island of women to myself, so I might be biased.  :p

Chrystal

I was (as usual) waiting for others to post, possibly in reply to mine.

I always prefer to allow at least one other person to post between me and the person I'm replying to in a group game, unless it's in a rapid fire scene where no-one else is involved.

justme4386

Please see my post above:

Quote from: justme4386 on May 27, 2014, 01:35:00 PM
Meaning I got a lot of RL trouble to handle right now that will be severely crippling my posting speed and probably desire to RP. I hope to be over it in a week or two, but just wanted to warn ahead of time, that our game might get slow. Sorry.

So please don'r rely on me to carry the torch at the moment - even though I ignited it... my muse is being a cat at the moment. Very moody.

Love,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

agentlemanwithadream

I didn't even know that their was activity in the thread, post coming soon!