News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Halo: A shot in the dark

Started by Gladiator0161, August 18, 2010, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi

I'm really sorry I haven't been around D: I'll get a post up, thanks for responding Gladiator.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Gladiator0161

No worries Sushi, don't worry about it :)

Just post when you're able to. No Rush :)

The Golden Touch

Posted. Gave Adelaine an actual location- or atleast a rough guess.

-shrug-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Sushi

I posted. BTW, do you guys mind if I also start posting with a few side characters? I was thinking a team of Spartan-IIIs.
"—in any other circumstance, you might have had a point there. Except my boss is a woman, I was a chick in the 40's, I hate everyone equally, and there's no one alive who can comprehend my sexual preference."

Hunter Phoenix

It might be an idea to stick with the teams we have for the time being, if we get too many Spartans in it then the mission will be other with little to no challenge, plus we seem to have a small army going in as it is with the marines and the spartans and the ODST's we have.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sushi

Hunter Phoenix

In the end it is down to Gladiator though, I was just giving my input on it :)
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Vengurd

I might have a post in the next few posts depending on how things develop.

avt2

Golden Touch, posted. Sorry it's a little short.

ashia starstreak

Alriiiight Vengurd woot wooot ;)

I agree with Hunter. There's too many spartans as is and adding more will bland things. A bit humorous to have the marines be the minority in this story though.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Gladiator0161

Sorry Sushi, I agree with everyone else. We have a small army of Spartans already but, we're short on Marines. If you want you could write in thread about a team of Marines. That would be much appreciated :)

Alright! Good to have you back writing Vengurd! I look forward to reading your posts :D

Alright, looks like it's back to me to post again with Gladiator. After Ashia posts with Shana, and then Hunter with his namesake I'll post with Sling.

Sushi

I can do Marines... actually, can I do Army? Just for contrast and all that :3

Also, I think the bullets are actually "12.7x99mm." Or simply "fifty-caliber." I don't think they're rocket propelled either, but I could be wrong o:

Maelyn

Hello all.  I'm a friend of Glad's he's suckered, I mean convinced, to join the RP.  I'll be posting my bio up here in a minute.  Hope to see you in game soon!  :)

Gladiator0161

Glad to have Maelyn! Thanks for joining :D

Maelyn

Name:  Ashley Foster
Sex:  Female
Height:  5’ 8”

Character Background:
Ashley was born into a military family.  Her father was a Marine, her mother was ex-Navy, her grandfather and his grandfather, her uncles, and later her brothers...all joined one form of the military or another throughout their lives.  Of course, Ashley was the first girl to be born to the Foster line in three generations, so she was doted upon by her relatives in many ways.

As she grew, it became apparent that Ashley was a bright child.  She excelled in school, often being pushed ahead, put into advanced classes and recently graduated from university at twenty-one with honors in computers/technology and linguistics. 

With her intelligence and interest in computers, it’s no surprise that Ashley is able to infiltrate systems that she might not quite have the authority to navigate.  Of course, many of her younger indiscretions were expunged when she agreed to consult for the military on a freelance basis toward the end of her university term. 

While she was no ‘soldier’, she could hold her own in most fights, having been trained by various members of her family.  As such, she’s proficient in martial arts and some firearms.

Ashley was an amiable child and grew into a charming woman.  She often has a smile on her face and is happy to participate in whatever life throws her way.  With a laugh set to make others smile in return, she tries to live every day to the fullest and have no regrets.  She employs much the same attitude in her relationships, resulting in a few encounters over the years, but each one has given her fond memories without remorse. 

Ashley feels that her experiences make her the woman she is today and is happy with the result, so she continues in the same vein.  She can be quiet and thoughtful one moment then laughing loud the next.  She greets most every day with a smile and is eager for her next adventure to begin.

Her motto: “You can still find the joy of life no matter how hard your life may be.”

Gladiator0161

Good bio, APPROVED! Post when you're ready :D

Sushi

Is it okay to use UNSC Army guys?

Vengurd

While I'm not running the show, I would say it would be fine. Personally I'd like to see some army boys rather than the standard navy/marine combination we've seen and been utilizing thus far. If anyone is even wondering if the army is still around during the time of the UNSC-Covenant war, yes, the Army is still very much alive. In fact, the Commander of Noble, a Holland, is Army. Additionally, the novels also mention the army, in some cases the army takes center field for a short while, though focus usually always returns to the Navy/Marines (usually ONI or Spartans).

Also. What is the munitions bit about? If it is the snipers rifle, I would highly doubt they are rocket powered, They would be under the definition of either Bolt Action or Air Powered. If there is a difference, I'd have to look into it again.

Depending on how things work out  I will attempt to get a post up in the next day or two, if you don't see one or hear from me afterwards, my connection was lost and it may not come back online for an indeterminate amount of time.

Sushi

Quote from: Vengurd on November 23, 2012, 03:49:17 AM
While I'm not running the show, I would say it would be fine. Personally I'd like to see some army boys rather than the standard navy/marine combination we've seen and been utilizing thus far. If anyone is even wondering if the army is still around during the time of the UNSC-Covenant war, yes, the Army is still very much alive. In fact, the Commander of Noble, a Holland, is Army. Additionally, the novels also mention the army, in some cases the army takes center field for a short while, though focus usually always returns to the Navy/Marines (usually ONI or Spartans).

Also. What is the munitions bit about? If it is the snipers rifle, I would highly doubt they are rocket powered, They would be under the definition of either Bolt Action or Air Powered. If there is a difference, I'd have to look into it again.

Depending on how things work out  I will attempt to get a post up in the next day or two, if you don't see one or hear from me afterwards, my connection was lost and it may not come back online for an indeterminate amount of time.
I would think they're standard gunpowder propelled bullets. Rocket-propelled is usually antitank rockets or tank / artillery shells.

Hope your connection stays strong o:

Vengurd

Payment issues. Due to a move of my employer, I am months behind on everything. Anyhow, I took a look at the roleplay and saw what you were talking about. Definitely not rocket propelled. High Velocity, yes, the barrels as well as the munitions used are much too small to be propelled by a rocket technology. A common enough mistake I suppose.

I might throw in a random squad or have a quick flash of memory play through in my next post to help get me back into things. No worries on the squad though, if anything they will only survive the first post.

Sushi

Vengurd

I retract my idea of putting my own little squad in there. No way I can match that. Superb work Sushi. I'd applaud if you could hear it, hell, I clapped a couple times anyway.

Gladiator0161

Awesome job Sushi! That was a realistic and gripping post. Feel free to NPC as many Army, Navy, or Marine grunts as you want :)

Sorry to hear you're having money issues Vengurd, I hope you get it worked out.

As for the bullets you guys were talking about, you have some very valid points, and I'll take them into consideration in my future posts. I guess I just assumed since the M41 mounted chain gun was the newest version for a Warthog turret, that they'd be rocket propelled to counter the newer models of Covenant Wraith Tanks, Banshees, and Revenants.

I'll edit my post if it's necessary but, I admit, I wanna be lazy on this one, lol. Been a long tiring week since Twilight Breaking Wind part 2 came out, and I've had to clean up after the last showing early in the morning. Worse still, that movie is in 2 auditoriums...ugh, I'll never understand the fascination with bad story, bad acting, and a totally screwed up gay version of Vampires.

Sorry to anyone in here that might like that series of movies.

Michael Corvus

Hey everyone. I've been looking for a good military/sci-fi RP for a while and I love the Halo universe. I missed this one because... well, for some reason I never thought to check the Non-Adult Roleplay Requests thread before. Lame, I know.  ::)

Anyway, I've not played the games, aside from the very first one (Halo: Combat Evolved) but I've recently started reading the novels and I love this shit. I'm currently half way through Ghost of Onyx and I would love to join in if I could, preferably doing something like what Sushi did with his last post. I'm thinking a main character and his squad mates or something. ODST would be cool, or even regular Army or Marines is fine with me.

Also, if I get the green light and am approved, if I could get some sort of cliff notes on the story so far so that I don't have to go back and read 9 pages worth of posts, that would be awesome ... that way I could get started sooner, pending my approval, of course. If not, I can go back and read up, but it means it'll be longer before I can jump in and play.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Vengurd

Wait. You mean the Gauss 'hog don't you? I was thinking machine gun. Gotta love gas powered weaponry.

Before I completely forget. Welcome new person! Good posts so far.

Not all of what I want to say, but for now that will do.

Michael. Glad to see you're interested in this here Roleplay. The highest point that can be given is this: This particular roleplay has been going on for a very long time now, with very long waits between some of the posts, while the action is fast, tough and gritty in various forms, it takes a while for it to happen. If you're patient and think you can put in a considerable amount of time in waiting, then you are one step closer to joining us.

Now that is out of the way, I will try to highlight some of the high points for you, but ultimately I don't remember everything off the top of my head.

Firstly, the mission, it is right there on the OP of both this topic and the IC topic so I will give you the barest of information: New York is attacked by a Covenant vessel, the team's objective is to assault and capture the vessel.

Unfortunately as the team descents on the target, it hypers out, throwing the team off course, scattering all members. This is when it begins to get hazy as some players either drop out, go silent, join the fray or simply wait it out.

On the ground, the self given objective as well as eventual orders are to take out the newly placed comms jammers, only one of which has been taken out thus far. Various other teams, spartans and others have been sent in to either finish the job, rescue UNSC personnel or ascertain the whereabouts of the original team.

Currently most players are spread out through mainland NYC, in various degrees of distress or...precarious positions. Most of us are either wounded, incapacitated or other.

One group, Gladiator, Val, and Patric are on Manhattan. Patric (my character) is currently incapacitated, leaving me with a lot of waiting time until we can get medical aide.

For any real specifics you will have to jump through the topic and really get that information first hand.

Hopefully this has at least informed you to some degree.