Introductions & Questionairre... erm... Question.

Started by Twisted Crow, June 18, 2019, 03:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

Is there any particular reason why we don't have the actual Questionnaire template stickied in the Introductions board? Or at least, a copy of it? It just seems like we might have a bit more sensible infrastructure (and less cases of people missing it so often) were it in a place that could potentially made more sense to be located. I mean... the Questionnaire isn't really used anywhere else, right? I get rules, procedures, policy, staff updates, etc. being in the 'Rules' section... but the questionnaire just seems jarringly out of place for what it is used for.

Not trying to pick a fight here. I'm just a bit curious as to why it isn't in Introductions.  :-)

-Dally

Daeva

The questionnaire is stickied in the introduction board under the heading: Preview of Elliquiy & Introduction Thread and Approval Policy
Absences Updated 6/15/22 Selectively Accepting New Stories
Ons and Offs & Current Story List | Desired RP's

Twisted Crow

Well, it's linked there. So, I guess it is stickied... sort of? By proxy?

While looking around Introductions, the infrastructure of this just had me curious.

Daeva

When a new member joins the site, they are given the link to the questionnaire and the rules, so its not difficult for them to navigate.

If you're asking for an applicant that is having a problem, please feel free to drop me a message with their name and we'll see if we can help them. But its easy to find for new members who need the questions.
Absences Updated 6/15/22 Selectively Accepting New Stories
Ons and Offs & Current Story List | Desired RP's

Mirrah

It's handy, since it's required for applicants to read the rules before working on the Questionnaire. It's actually easier on them, and having a link in a thread of "how to get started" was what we thought would be efficient. :-)
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

Twisted Crow

Well... I had a thought or two related to that. But if E Staff feels that this works fine, then I have no further feedback to offer on the subject.

My thanks. :-)

-Dally

Mirrah

Ideas and suggestions are always welcome! If Staff thinks it would work better than the current system, it may even get implemented. Who knows? Won't know until you've shared it. :-)

Also, keeping in mind that we're working towards Elkarte, so things may or may not get changed or shifted around during and after the transition.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?