Craving: Exalted 2th edition (searching for players and storyteller)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 02, 2012, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Hmm...not feeling much for a Night.  Are Renegade Abyssals allowed?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ShadowFox89

Two character ideas are either a harmonica player, social-fu zenith. Or an insane scourge who messes with people's minds.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

I can work in a renegade Abyssal (it is, in fact, easiest to be a renegade, as even the Deathlords wouldn't quite want to get you while you're in there. Let you die and get the exaltation back, or just wait for you to escape and then try and snatch you up).

And by cod, I have some horrible jokes to make in context, but I won't.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

Could I begin with lighting torment hatchets?  :)

Also, I'd like this girl to know The ARt of Alchemy. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RSGAlex

The hatchets are workable, but it probably means that the tombs are a bit more open. (Or something. If you can pitch me a good idea, we can go with that instead) And what did you want from Alchemy/what's level of Occult do you think you're going to go for?

Please wait warmly.

Muse

Craft: Air   0
Craft: Earth   0
Craft: Fire   0
Craft: Water   2   Medecine
Craft: Wood   0
Investigation   0
Lore      1
Medecine   2
*Occult      3

Art of Alchemy: Adept (+2) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

What's the major industry in this area?  Mining? Agriculture? 

How long have we been under siege?

AribethAmkiir

meh, Sidereal is looking like it's a bit too much to manage.  If AndyZ is seriously looking at a renegade Abyssal, may I simply take the Night Caste?

ShadowFox89

For the sanity of our crafters, perhaps merge the craft abilities? I never got why they were split in the fitst place. You dont have a melee for every type of close combat weapon, do you?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AribethAmkiir

I never saw the logic either, except that craft does cover a larger range of actions than melee. 

ShadowFox89

If our wonderful ST doesn't mind, I can post the usual houserules I use and you can critique them as needed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

I hereby open up the Night caste to be claimed by AribethAmkiir.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RSGAlex

In rough reverse order, Aribeth, you can be a Night if you want to be.

Muse, we'll give you both of the ranks in Thaum for the cost of one (if more people take it, we'll go further down in cost), and for everyone, since it was asked... Maestro, if you would.

The major industries of Three Tombs Court are mining, exploring the tombs for profit, and very, very rarely, hosting large scale Scavenger Lord attempts to break into the tombs and get more stuff.

The Bright Day Tomb is the most explored, because it was made to serve in equal parts as a tomb and a museum. Every room can be gotten into and looked at. The treasures in the rooms, though, are usually locked up, and the guardians of the place are fierce and frightening things made of essence and glass.

The Shifting Tomb is probably the least explored. But seeing as the layout changes randomly, it might be that all the rooms have been seen, but nobody can confirm it. The tomb seems to give more detail about the tragic lives of the three that are buried in each tomb, but a wholly coherent narrative has yet to emerge.

The Still Tomb is the other contender for least explored of the three. Many of the rooms feature deadly traps, some strong enough to slay or turn away the Dragon Blooded. And when the Winter Folk come too close, it is the Still Tomb that turns bolts of lightning or gales of iron rain against them.

They are all made of the same clay, only painted golden, silver, or purple, respectively.

EDIT: Shadow, go ahead and post them. My usual houserule for when nobody's very focused on Crafting is that each craft after the first gets a cost discount of half, cumulative, round in your favor.

Please wait warmly.

AribethAmkiir

Should we survive the siege of Three Tombs Court, what's the chances of running into the Bull of the North or other canon Exalted?  Am I getting way too far ahead of myself? 

RSGAlex

Depending on how you survive it, you might meet the Bull. More likely if you take the people and run, a bit less if you manage to get the sword and kill the demon. But in that case, you have a battlefield shaping weapon that could be used by any fool to carve out a small empire.

Please wait warmly.

AribethAmkiir

Oh! Oh!  Dips on being said fool!   just kidding.  :)

Sounds great, RSGAlex.

What's the dark, criminal underbelly of Three Tombs like, if there is one?

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I am thinking to play infernal exalt who has not yet picked up and taken to Malfeas yet. If there is demon who is holding the siege then the said demon must have gone rogue or displeased it's master somereason for allowing infernal exalt fight against demon's minions. Or there is a much further cunning ploy involved.

Either way I was thinking go to either general type of Slayer or bit military skilled Fiend (either way charismatic leader and tactician). Or Malefactor. If no one takes sorcerer type char then I could go take malefactor example.

Muse

I'll get you her history tomorrow.  :) 

Name:      Mileena Starkweather
Type:      Solar
Caste:      Dawn
Concept:   Reigndeer Cavalry Elite
Motivation:   To free her people from the demonic horde. 
Apparent Age   24

Skin:      Fair
Hair:      Platinum Blond
Eyes:      Saphire
Style;      Mocasin boots and stockings with rings of multiple collors. 

Intimacies:
--Her shield sisters. 
--Her Circle. 
--Her reingdeer. 
--Her imediate family. 
--Her Mospid. 
--Alchemical discoverires. 
--Don't let the fire go out! 

Strength   3
Dexterity   5
Stamina      4

Charisma   2
Manipulation   1
Appearence   4

Perception   3
Intelegence   3
Wits      3

*Archery   0
*Martial Arts   0
*Melee      4   AxesX2
*Thrown      4   AxesX2
*War      4   Cavalry

Integrity   1
Performance   0
Pressence   1
Resistence   1   Northern Climate
*Survival   4

Craft: Air   0
Craft: Earth   0
Craft: Fire   0
Craft: Water   2
Craft: Wood   0
Investigation   0
Lore      1
Medecine   2
*Occult      3   Air Elementals

*Athletics   1
*Awareness   1
Dodge      0
Larceny      0
Stealth      0

Bureaucracy   0
*Ride      4   Reigndeer
Sail      0
Socialize   0
Linguistics   1

Compasion   4
Conviction   2
Temprence   2
Valor      4

Willpower   7

Essence      2
Motes: 
--Personal   15
--Peripheral   33

Charms: 
Melee:
--Second Melee Excelency: Essence Triumphant
--
----Bulwark Stance
------Fivefold Bulwark Stance
--Solar Counterattack
---Ready in Eight Directions Stance

Resistence
--Body Mending Meditation
--Ox Body Technique

Ride: 
--Master Horseman's Techniques: 

Survival: 
--Hardship Surviving Mendicant Spirit

Thrown
--Second Thrown Excelency: Essence Triumphant

Thaumaturgy: Art of Alchemy (Adept) +2

Backgrounds:
--Ally 1:     (God Blooded)
--Ally 1:   (God Blooded)
--Familiar 3:   (Intelegent Mospid)
--Resources 3:

Flaws: 
Bad Luck (1 reroll/story)
Enemy 2 (Leacherous thunderbird.) 
Nightmares 1
Vice: Easily Seduced

Merits: 

Bonus Points: 1 Remainds

AribethAmkiir

That looks really good Muse.  I'll likely cobble together my character sheet tomorrow, though I'm working on it now.

RSGAlex

Ok, first, I may go and change up how Flaws work, but that depends on if people abuse them. Might do it Weapons of the Gods style (IE, it screws things up for you or the group, and everyone gets an extra BP) Also, remember to put your limits or character's on/offs for the final sheets.

Third, Aribeth there is a seedy underbelly, but it mostly tends to focus on outsiders, or selling home made drugs. In the first case, well, sometimes the guides aren't entirely honest and lead outsiders into deathtraps that will kill them but leave their stuff for later removal. The Shining Tomb is a favorite for this trick.

There is no second, but there is a great big EDIT. The armors in the core book, if they have no other powers attached to them, are bought at half cost, round up. Giving the armor powers can raise the cost.

Please wait warmly.

Muse

ShadowFox89

Here's the houserules that I usually use. Not included is the suggested use of bp rather than xp. These might be familiar to some who play on other forums :p

- Solars, Abyssals, Sidereals, and Dragon-Blooded gain 5 excellencies to be used in favored and/or aspect/caste abilities, one free excellency per ability.
- Infernals gain the first excellency of either their favored or caste Yozi for free, along with all future excellencies (this means they don't have to repurchase it everytime they increase in essence).
- Alchemicals gain 2 attribute augmentations and 2 charm slots dedicated to those augmentations for favored/caste attributes. Lunars similarly gain 2 attribute excellencies in favored and caste attributes.
- Ox-Body and it's mirrors count double for the amount of health levels you gain.
- You gain an extra -1 health level for each point of essence you have.
- Craft is one ability, with each area of craft only requiring a single dot. Special areas of craft (magitech, genesis, etc) count as specialties and must be purchased as so. The limit of specialties does not apply to craft for this purpose.

The basic idea is to make it so an ordinary mortal can't kill a starting exalt so easily. I removed my reduced character generation essence cost rule because it's redundant in a no xp game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Blackshade10

We're just doing a normal character sheet with no extra XP beyond 15 bonus points right?

I'm just reading the book and trying to make a character...
*waves* I'm looking for RP!  Feel free to PM me!  I'm very open minded!

ShadowFox89

If we're using Dawn Errata character generation rules, it's 18bp.

I highly suggest getting said errata from DriveThruRPG http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=84593
Call me Shadow
My A/A