Interest check: Breath of Fire (exotic, non-con)

Started by Koyume, November 13, 2012, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koyume

This was an idea I had suggested some time ago, but only found one person interested. I've decided to try again, see if we can get a fuller cast of characters involved. In particular, it would be nice to have at least two or three players to play the heroes, and one or two players to play enemies/antagonist characters.

Specifically, we were thinking about doing an RP based on Breath of Fire 3, beginning roughly around the time when Ryu and Nina find Momo's tower. Playable good characters would be Ryu (or Ryuko, if genderswapped, which is a strong possibility), Nina, Momo, Peco, and Garr. The main antagonists of that whole story arc are Balio and Sunder, a pair of evil, anthropomorphic unicorn brothers who are pursuing Ryu and friends, and it would be nice to get at least one RPer who wanted to play them (this could definitely be a dominant, non-con role). None of this is set in stone; character genders, the setting/time period, etc are all flexible.

We could just as easily do something based off a different part of 3, or from one of the other BoF games, if that were more interesting to people. And even if this doesn't come together, it should be interesting to see how many people on Elliquiy know the BoF series.

Laughing Hyena

Love this installment in the series. I'd play the silent Kindered

Koyume

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on November 13, 2012, 10:39:07 PM
Love this installment in the series. I'd play the silent Kindered

I'm glad you're interested, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "silent Kindered"; which character were you referring to?

Another thing I neglected to mention is that the two characters who would otherwise be children at that point in the game (Ryu and Nina) will be older. I'm not sure how old exactly (player preference, I suppose), but at least sixteen so they can participate in any sexiness that goes on.

Laughing Hyena

Ryu is whom I refer and I assumed so. 3 had my favorite dragon mechanic. ^_^

BlackestKnight

Koyume

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on November 14, 2012, 11:39:44 AM
Ryu is whom I refer and I assumed so. 3 had my favorite dragon mechanic. ^_^

Ah, that makes perfect sense in hindsight. Yeah, 3 was easily my favorite; the 'gene-combining' mechanic was definitely one of the best parts of that game, together with examining enemy skills.

I call Nina or Garr, or maybe Momo. Guess I'll just wait and see who other people want to play first.

RSGAlex

I'll probably throw my hat in for Momo, unless somebody really wants the position. Because Bazooka and Science!.

And the chance to make jokes about Brood genes. Can't forget that.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

Koyume

I think I'll just go ahead and take Nina. Garr doesn't come up for a while in the story anyway, and would be harder to play.

Quote from: BlackestKnight on November 14, 2012, 03:00:37 PM
I'm interested.

What character would you want to play?

BlackestKnight

I think I'll have to step out on this game, I never got around to playing Breath of fire 3.

Koyume

Well, I'm feeling a little skeptical now as to whether we'll be able to find enough players to play every character, although Ryu, Nina, and Momo should probably be sufficient. I think we should try for at least one other player, to RP the villains. If we can't make that happen, we could always pick a different scenario (something from BoF 1 or 2 maybe, though it's been a long time since I've played either of those) and see if more people are up for that.

Katra Alexion

I love the BoF series, been playing them since it first came out years ago. Would there be any chance for original characters? I have this idea for a female dragon character.

Atkinson

I had kind of been reluctant to post because I felt my role-playing plate was pretty full at the time and I'm not really a fan of pc canon characters.  But I am a fan of the BoF games, and now that Katra is asking about original characters, I must admit couldn't really resist if there were a cast of originals instead.  I'd go with a female woren archer or sniper type.  A chance to adventure without needing/wearing pants would be too good to pass up!

RSGAlex

Man, I had the best worst idea after seeing the two posts above.

Please wait warmly.

Snake

I love these games (I've been trying to get bof3 on ps3 psn though and no luck. sad) but it seems like you'd get alot of OCX chars for this.

Koyume

Sorry for not replying sooner, been away on a Thanksgiving related trip. Hope I haven't lost everyone.

Anyway, I think original characters are a fine idea. It's just a question of how to handle it; i.e. what's the story? Will most of the players be members of an adventuring party? Will someone be playing a villain character (or handling all the villain characters)?

I've definitely got ideas for OCs too, just need to know more about the setting and storyline first. Should we pick the world of one of the games and create an independent storyline in that setting? In that case we might want one person to serve as a GM of sorts.

Let's hear some thoughts.

RSGAlex

If anyone wants to see it, this is the best worst idea that hit me a few posts back.

The Best Worst Idea
It's been XXX generations since the adventures of the Dragon Prince and his allies. Much of their stories have entered into story and song. Which normally wouldn't really matter that much to a bunch of adventurers because some coin in the pocket is more useful than an earful of stories.

Unfortunately for our adventurers, peaceful times seem to be upon the land, and there has been competition over things as small as monster hunting. So, what's a group of people to do? Lure in bandits by pretending to be a theatre troupe and traveling over roads less traveled.

Unfortunately, all this lead to is a wagon (or two) full of inedible things, and an engagement to perform for a burlesque club. Because they don't care much if you're not the right clan or gender for who you're supposed to be.

Please wait warmly.

Snake

Personally i'm cool with whatever decides to fly myself. Though the OC I'd play would either be a Woren (like Rei) or a dragon type.

Koyume

If I were to make an OC, I'd probably be either a Wing Clan or an anthropomorphic horse/unicorn character. I'd be alright with the 'traveling fake theater troupe' idea, but I don't think I'd do too well in a comedy game. I suppose I might be able to play a reluctant 'straight man' type character, if that's what everyone wants to do.

Atkinson

Kind of on the fence about the troupe thing, I guess mostly because I kind of like playing what I set out to play, rather than playing that playing at being something else.  Does that make any sense? :)  Of course, it's not like I've got anything better to suggest.  I sort of envisioned my character being a mercenary of some sort and I'm not sure how well it'd mesh with the troupe thing, unfortunately.  Are we being set in the BoF3 world, or one of the other ones?  Knowing things about the world we're in might help with the circumstances surrounding the group.

Koyume

I kind've like the idea of using the BoF3 setting, whether in the same time period or in the past/future, but I'd also be fine with the world of 1 or 2, or an original setting, as long as it was true to the series. I've got plenty of ideas for characters, so I'm pretty versatile as far as the plot goes.

Atkinson

Then let's go with the BoF3 setting. :)  It's one of my weaker ones, but I can tough it out.

Koyume

Alright, here's a summary of what I think we've got so far:
-Two votes for a BoF 3 setting.
-An interest in original characters (which doesn't necessarily rule out canon characters if someone wanted to play one).
-Katra expressed an interest in playing a female Brood/Dragon Clan OC.
-Atkinson wants to play a Woren OC.
-Snake expressed interest in playing either a Brood or Woren character.
-I'd like to play something on the human side (Wing Clan, like Nina, or some sort of Clanless) or something equine. Male or female.

Katra Alexion

BoF3 setting is fine by me - I know the series inside and out. I figured my Brood gal would be of some relation to the main hero.

Snake

They're brood. they'd all be related to somne degree I think

Koyume

Quote from: Katra Alexion on December 02, 2012, 12:21:04 PM
BoF3 setting is fine by me - I know the series inside and out. I figured my Brood gal would be of some relation to the main hero.

Would she be another orphan, sealed in chrysm? I you wanted, maybe she could even be an alternate version of Teepo or something.