News:

Main Menu

Bin Laden is Dead

Started by Yorubi, May 01, 2011, 09:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Morning news said Bin Laden was buried at sea. I have no idea if this true.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Marguerite on May 02, 2011, 10:43:22 AM
Morning news said Bin Laden was buried at sea. I have no idea if this true.

Makes sense.. take enough evidence to prove he is dead..and who they claim he is..Then wrap the chains around him and toss him into the water at 100+ fathoms. No body for the 'cause' and no place for folks to come and venerate/desecrate.

Oniya

QuoteAfter bin Laden was killed in a raid by US forces in Pakistan, senior administration officials said the body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said. Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the US decided to bury him at sea.
Source

Looks like it was more than just a way of keeping the crazies away.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Noelle

This is a definite triumph in the way of careful, calculated intelligence gathering and application and cooperation between departments. TV5Monde out of France was describing it as "surgical", which I think is very appropriate.

Pakistanis are asking that America leave Afghanistan now since we got what we were after essentially, but I think we all know that finding bin Laden is not the end of the line. Killing one man doesn't mean the rest suddenly go away; I wonder if al-Qaeda planned for this day or if they've become at all complacent in a decade of our manhunt. My bet is that they already have plan B -- it would be stupid not to when the world's superpower is hunting you down. I am wary of official statements that seem assured that this is a downturn for Al-Qaeda. You don't become a threat to the US by being a band of utterly incompetent fools.

Elturel

Quote from: despickable on May 02, 2011, 05:21:58 AM
My two cents when I heard it over here in Australia. I am a little skeptical I figured he had been dead a few years, they did know where he was all along, and that they only released the news that he was dead because the American people needed some good news to feel good about. because times are hard at the moment and people need a cathartic release

Its almost funny that you said that Despickable, even as an American Im skeptical. Of course I would add, that Its a bit iffy for me because ..Well its an election year, Obama isnt really that popular in some poles, the gas prices are f*cking ridiculous..If it is a ploy, though I hope its not, its a good way to distract us from all the things thats are scewed up with our economy at the moment.

But we shall see, I heard today that There are supposed to be pictures of his dead body that Obama is unsure of if they should be released or not. Because hes not sure the public can handle the graphic nature.

TheGlyphstone

Has Obama seen a Saw movie lately? ???

Not that releasing pictures would help much. The Photoshop lines would be obvious to anyone who knew where to look. ;D

Marguerite

In Mexico and on some Spanish news channels, the bodies of criminals or casualties of criminals are put on display for everyone to see. Whether the individual's face is blurred, you see everything from charred bodies to a mass grave. If Obama is afraid to show the images, then he has not seen the Spanish news. Either way, someway, somehow, those images are going to be leaked to other media sources whether or not they may be photoshopped or given permission. There will be communities who will want visual verification of a dead Bin Laden and knowing a lot of things are being leaked out from the Navy Seals to the process of burying Bin Laden at sea, the images will come out either now or later on.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

TheGlyphstone

The Photoshop comment was more a poke at the die-hard conspiracy theorists who will never believe he's dead. You know they're out there somewhere. -_-