recruiting: Pathfinder Skulls and shackles AP second/third table LF2m

Started by Tamhansen, March 14, 2016, 06:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

Okay. Just a quick look at what we have so far.

Phaia playing witch.
Mysterica as a rogue.

Also: interested characters with no full concept so far
Deviantmunster
Darkprince
Autocad
TFcommando going sorceress or fighter.
Grizzly

Ruby has a Kineticist
Blinkin and Freeko would like to join if there is enough room.

Basically I have decided to accept Phaia and Mysterica as i really love both ideas.

That leaves 4 spots.

My criteria will be in order of importance big to small
1) Do I like the concept.
2)Does the character fit in with the party
3)Do I like the character mechanically
4)Did you get a spot in my other group.

edit: stupidly forgot Grizzly
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Mysterica

Hassah!  And there was much rejoicing for being liked!

freeko

I would caution you somewhat about being based around fire. It is the most common resistance seen in almost every enemy creature ever it feels like. Maybe adapting toward water given the scenario would make more sense? Of course it is just a suggestion and in no way a method to control your character, but I personally would want to see the sorceress instead of the amazonian fighter.

Also of note is that if I were to jump in on this, I would be using my 2H template most likely that I posted previously. I may be ever so slightly biased ;p

Phaia

while Mysterica has a blue skinned rogue... Here is what my white haired tiefling witch [that looks human] looks like

Phaia

Tamhansen

ons and offs

Phaia

Gee Tam she is only a 10 charisma, of course charima does not always mean looks, just how well she can influance people which is what 'charm person' is for!!

and since ya want to know
Her Tieflingness [is that a word] shows up as milky white skin and white hair and her eyes flash red when she casts a hex!

NSFW

Phaia

TheSithChicken

Since it looks like there is a fighter and a rogue I'm looking more towards my Alchemist or Druid ideas. Any preference on which I write up? Plus is the Deep One Hybrid and Aquatic Elf races cool for me to make?

Phaia

@Mysterica- Have you considered the unchained Rogue class. It improves the rogue class a lot.

A blue skinned female that is good looking but on the quiet side, a white skinned beauty that is average in dealing with people. We need a high charisma character to sweet talk the pirates and make friends!

Phaia

TheSithChicken

I could Bard it up if you need a face more than artillery or nature guy.

Phaia

Personally I think a bard would work really well. There is after all a story about pirates raiding a welsh farm and leaving behind 2 daughters but taking the bag piper. Pirates need entertainment after all to break up those long boring days of sailing.

An Archer bard would do really well and after My character gets fortune and cackle would do even better.

Oh my plan for  hexes so far are --slumber and evil eye [extra hex feat]-- but I am open to suggestions since My witch will be more the debuffer/buffer and I could go with fortune and cackle to start that would let all allies have an extra die roll per round

Phaia

Tamhansen

Deep one hybrid is a valid choice.

Aquatic elves, like mermaids, sahuagin, deep one pure and other aquatic races suffer from not doing to well outside of the water. There are few water combats in here, unless you guys want to go and beat up schools of sharks of course.

As for what the need is. At this point there is a rogue and a witch, anything that compliments that would help with getting picked.

@Phaia. Charisma 10, but appearance 22. Either she is incredibly timid and shy, or perhaps really abrassive. :P :P

And yes Mysterica. I would suggest taking a look at the unchained rogue. The free feats and and getting dex to damage on your favourite weapon really makes up for the... wait, do you actually lose something going unchained?
ons and offs

freeko

the frustration of being a underpowered rogue is about the only thing you lose imho.

Phaia

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 17, 2016, 10:27:57 AM
@Phaia. Charisma 10, but appearance 22. Either she is incredibly timid and shy, or perhaps really abrassive. :P :P

Tamhansen, I could shift a few points I guess or if allowed drop the fiendish resists [which I think is overpowered for the race] and take +2 cha which cancels the -2 cha of the standard tiefling. then she would have a 12 cha. 10 charisma is normal human, which does not mean shy but maybe more introverted. of course since I am working on her being a cook, make her mad and she will feed ya nicely flavored [prestidgitation works wonders with seasoning] 4 day old dead rat and then giggle as you heave and puke over the railing. If you think 10 cha is abrassive, the rogue has a 9 charisma currently, which is why I suggested someone play a high charisma character, bard, paladin, sorcerer.

Phaia

Phaia

oh I have a question. I have been looking and know its there somewhere but cant find it. what is the cost of masterwork kits? I wanted to maybe get a cooking kit with MW on to add the +2 to cooking. I thought I read somewhere it was 50gp

Also if i have the gp extra I wanted to get a couple of scrolls and add extra spells to my characters familar. Are you okay with that?

Phaia

Tamhansen

Quote from: Phaia on March 17, 2016, 10:36:02 AM
Tamhansen, I could shift a few points I guess or if allowed drop the fiendish resists [which I think is overpowered for the race] and take +2 cha which cancels the -2 cha of the standard tiefling. then she would have a 12 cha. 10 charisma is normal human, which does not mean shy but maybe more introverted. of course since I am working on her being a cook, make her mad and she will feed ya nicely flavored [prestidgitation works wonders with seasoning] 4 day old dead rat and then giggle as you heave and puke over the railing. If you think 10 cha is abrassive, the rogue has a 9 charisma currently, which is why I suggested someone play a high charisma character, bard, paladin, sorcerer.

Phaia

Phaia it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment based on the standard perception of the charisma score. It's one of the reason I liked the addition of the appearance score they tried in 3.5 d&d, but unfortunately it wasn't well thought out, plus it wasn't really all that important to their biggest group of customers, who simply want to run through dungeons and kill things, and don't care about realistic social interaction.

10 Charisma is fine, and just means you have an average force of personality.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

masterwork artisan tools cost 55gp duh, need to focus
ons and offs

TheSithChicken

@Tamhansen - Aquatic elves don't suffer any penalties from being outside the water.

@Phaia - I'll look at the Bard and see if I can come up with something.

Phaia

Quote from: DarkPrince on March 17, 2016, 11:06:24 AM
@Tamhansen - Aquatic elves don't suffer any penalties from being outside the water.

@Phaia - I'll look at the Bard and see if I can come up with something.

DP, if you do not want a bard please don't force it. go with what you want to play!

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 17, 2016, 10:47:40 AM
Phaia it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment based on the standard perception of the charisma score. It's one of the reason I liked the addition of the appearance score they tried in 3.5 d&d, but unfortunately it wasn't well thought out, plus it wasn't really all that important to their biggest group of customers, who simply want to run through dungeons and kill things, and don't care about realistic social interaction.

10 Charisma is fine, and just means you have an average force of personality.

;D ;D, I figured as much but one can never be sure about things. I agree about 3.5 which I played when I was High school, appearance as a score meant very little just like in most cases a low mental ability just gives extra build points and means very little in the game.  I can min/max but prefer a more rounded character. I could have gotten a 20 int easy with my witch but choice to go more balanced.

Oh I do hope it is okay that my witch is not 5'11" with 44dd breasts and a big butt like so many of the anime like witches shown. I have had that image in my files a while and have always wanted to use it and almost went with a white haired witch, but the loss of hexes really nerfed the witch class.

Phaia

Tamhansen

At's of course unforgivable. How dare you not play the stereotype!!!!!!!!! :p :p.

No I love the picture, and I love the character.
ons and offs

Grizzly

I'd like to submit something for this game.  I kind of missed the deadline for the first group. 

Are submissions still being accepted?  I have a Divine Tracker Ranger that was built up for a Serpents Skull game that never went anywhere.  I would just need to modify her.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Tamhansen

yup Grizzly, they are still open. I kind of new you were joining, but forgot to mention you earlier. I rectified that right when i noticed. Feel free to submit.
ons and offs

TFcommando

Ok, going with the sorceress social monster, human, air aspect, channeling the power of the raging storm.  She'll be 5'11 with 44ddd breasts and a big butt. 😄

I'll be a bit slow with the write up as I have a business trip this weekend.

Edit:  a haughty Taldan noble, spending adventuring season looking for ancient magic lore in the area.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Tamhansen

yup. With the amount of people i'm getting in, this'll likely end up with two full groups. That'll put me at max though.

But yes, my complaining aside I would love to see your application Ershin
ons and offs