Interest Check/Recruitment Thread For A Star wars Saga edition game on Zeltros.

Started by Marie Reynolds, February 12, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denimgiant

I'd agree with Treat Injury being the most useful skill to take. As for languages, um, not sure, ask the DM? Huttese is really useful as a trade language, but if you don't also want to take it maybe Yuzhan Vong? That might be handy if we run into some. Otherwise pick a race you really want to be able to talk to. For instance I took Cheunh because Chiss are sexy, awesome and I'd rather not be shot by them.

Also a question for the DM, this game is being gathered on Elliquiy, but what is the expected sexual content in the game? None, Background, Low, High? Thanks!
God's had his coffee, all's right in the world.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Oh Andy, Jensaari are on pg 106 of the Core rule book, Disciples of Twilight, pg 57 Legacy Era Source book.

AndyZ

What's the current rundown of what everyone is playing, in case I decide to try for droid?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Denimgiant

I have an F-list!

Denimgiant

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

If I may request it start at least after Thurs? I get back from work-vacation then.

Edit: And, while thats 4(?) of us, is there a recruitment deadline? 4 is usually the ideal for d20, especially on forums. Ally NPCs/Droids? Also, what is the proposed post rate?

Universe/Zeltron questions that I couldn't find the answer to online, or are
game-specific
Feel free not to answer any of these if you feel as if they are spoilers.
: How is planetary relations with Force Adepts, and then specifically Jedis, Sith, Post-Empire, and Jedi-Sith Relations? What is the geography/topography/terrain/weather of this particular plot of land? How close to the next bit of civilization? Industries/infrastructure? Known criminal influence? Species breakdown? Views on slavery? Laws on…well…anything?

Yeah, sorry, I'm that guy...
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

I'd like to make a petition to the GM: The "reroll" mechanic seems ineffective. What's the use of a reroll, when you have to take THAT roll instead of the higher of the two? So, a recommend and request the "Advantage/Disadvantage" mechanic from 5e. You take the higher/lower of your rolls (respectively) which I think makes more sense, especially with the way skills can be applied in SAGA.

My two cents.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Well lets Start with Zeltron, Can you have a good time, Party and or jump into an orgy and appreciate beauty then you will be welcome. So being a Force adept is no problem on Zeltron. No individual problems might occur if you hurt their friends or loved ones then that gets a Zeltron right pissed off. Violent criminals might not be to well received and  other crimes might face some small jail sentences and or fines. Jedi-Sith relations, Well the sith in hiding still hate the jedi.

I agree four is good I am not Trying to rush anyone but i believe 4  will be the cap. We can definitely kick this off after a Thursday but until we have four players we will not be kicking off.

Post rate max will be once a week but no minimum rate just try and gauge the pace of the scene and have open communication with me and fellow players on how quick or slow a scene moves. Cause i value party interactions over just getting to killing the bad guys. Now of course if its the consensus of the players to get to taking out the bad guys asap then i will roll with it.

Their is a criminal element here it does tend to be a bit more tame more intimidation black mail among the syndicates presence then killing and violent crimes. Cause the more Nasty things get it hurts the profit to be made on the biggest party planet in the galaxy. I would say Slavery does not Legally exist but subtle Indentured servitude i would see as quite common place. Indentured servitude may also be a punishment for certain crimes. Gambling and Drug dens would be large here. The Sex industry would be very large and the most likely place  to find Indentured servitude outside of criminals paying for crimes.

Zeltros information(Legacy Era Source book is your friend):
Region: Inner Rim
Climate:Temperate
Gravity:.92 Standard
Moons:2
Length of Day: 25 standard hours
Length of Year: 312 Local days
Sapient Species: 91% 9% Other
Government: Popular Monarchy
Capital: Zeltros
Major Exports: Art Objects, entertainment, Luxury goods and Technology.
Major Imports:Gourmet Consumables.

Using the 5E re roll opposed to Saga's editions I will put that up to a vote among the Players.
It is a an hour out from the capital city Zeltros.

Denimgiant

Okay so as much as I dislike 5th Edition, I'll go with the advantage/disadvantage system if other people want it. Here's the point of the re-rolling mechanic though, (For posterity.) (I'm assuming you're talking about your Acute Senses Talent.) You roll Perception, lets say an 8, you have a +6 on Perception so thats a total of 14. Not terrible, but not fantastic either. A lot of DCs are at 15. You choose to re-roll and you get a 3, total 9. You have to keep the 9 and now its worse. But you could also get an 18, total 24 and now you're very happy. In the case of 8-13ish its kind of a gamble to re-roll. But generally you're happy with 14-20s and don't re-roll and 1-7 is so bad you almost always re-roll those.

So it is a risk gauging system as to whether your roll is bad enough that you're willing to risk a worse roll in order to try for a better one. (Note, there are some talents and items that let you roll twice and take better. My armor has items installed that give me that on Climb and Jump checks.)

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Yes, as most descriptions of feats/talents/etc that use a reroll imply or express an APTITUDE for it. Looking more at things such as things such as Nautolan's "Expert Swimmer": "A Nautolan can reroll any swim check but the result of the reroll must be accepted, even if it it worse." Assuming they were born in a natural climate for them, swimming should be second nature to them and have an advantage against sucking at it.

Anyway, up for vote, so I say yea. Also, can somebody explain "Stun" to me in relationship to weapon settings? I think I have too many systems in my head and they are jumbling together on me.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Here's the sheet I'm looking at if I do Chiss Jedi.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=665059

Sorry I'm taking so long.  Temperature fluctuations have been mean to me lately.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Denimgiant

@tyr Sure then, I'll vote yes on using advantage /disadvantage 5Edition rules in place of reroll and take second even if worse. The already existing Saga abilities that roll twice and take better will remain the same I guess?

Stun damage works like this. Switch your wespon to Stun damage, (Unless it s a stun only weapon, in which case it remains on Stun.) Roll stun damage when you hit, halve that and subtract that from the target's hit points. If that damage reduces the target to 0, they move 5 steps down the condition track and fall unconscious. If it doesn't but it equals or exceeds (meet or beat) the damage threshold, they move -2 steps down the condition track (and may fall unconscious anyways.)

If you are knocked unconscious by stun damage, you don't die if you roll a natural 1 on CON checks to regain consciousness or if you fail by 5 or more. You just stay knocked out.

@AndyZ Hey Andy looks promising so far except for a few things! First off we're level 3 not 7. Second, unfortunately Chiss can't be Jedi. It's currently unknown if Chiss can be Force sensitive (in Expanded Universe anyways.) Unless the DM says otherwise, in which case you'd probably be the only one known in existence, you might want to look at another race. (Note, Yuzhan Vong are also force blind.) Sorry to hear about the heat, let me know if you need any help putting your character together!

Edit: All the species and which book they're in are here! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CcDynJv7swSElZdWNaN3gzdFU/view

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Okay, so I get how destinies work as a whole, but have have a couple questions:

1: To regain Destiny points, one needs to A: Level up or B: Do a Destiny… thing.. (Stunt? Action? …5e Insipration?)
2: Those in the book are 'samples,' any way to create your own? What's a good one for "Trying to gain the favor of a superior," or "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was," or "Don't send me back to West Virginia! I'll do ANYTHING! aka Heath Slater". Haven't looked in the other books yet, but am going to now.
3: If you choose NOT to have a Destiny, can you still use Destiny Points?

Well, short I have 1 Skill Point left over and on the fence about Destiny. Here is Adiron "Goodluck" Gudlukg, backstory and all.

EDIT: One more question: Do the retools of "Acute Senses" and Nautolan "Pheremonal Sensor" stack? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I wanna check...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

I'm pretty sure they don't stack.

Destinies: Absolutely create your own (Work with the DM of course), should be a goal for your character that will take some work to achieve. Also, you may not have one at start, it may take a little time to get into the story before you find your destiny. To gain a destiny point you must level up. You can have a max # of points equal to your level. You can't use Destiny points unless you have an active (unfulfilled) destiny.

I have an F-list!

AndyZ

Quote from: Denimgiant on February 17, 2016, 04:54:24 PM
@AndyZ Hey Andy looks promising so far except for a few things! First off we're level 3 not 7. Second, unfortunately Chiss can't be Jedi. It's currently unknown if Chiss can be Force sensitive (in Expanded Universe anyways.) Unless the DM says otherwise, in which case you'd probably be the only one known in existence, you might want to look at another race. (Note, Yuzhan Vong are also force blind.) Sorry to hear about the heat, let me know if you need any help putting your character together!

Thank you.  I forgot to fix everything to 3.

Good to know about Chiss.  Maybe I'll consider Kry, the Near-Human race I made up.

Or Droid, since we lack a Noble...

tyr4n02r

Do we need a Noble? We have a face and a skill monkey (although admittedly no "Treat Injury") but it probably fits the setting better than jedi (I think.) Also, the droid would be fun to play with, especially depending on the Degree. Do droids do erotic stuff, though? Are pleasure-bots a thing?

*searches Wookiepedia* Nope, they're totally a thing.

EDIT: Also, the droid names could be hilarious: Master B8-R, D1L-D0, Sil-L0NG
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Actually in the expanded universe there is a  Chiss that fell to the dark side of the force. Then only race that I am remotely aware of that cant be force sensitive are the Vong.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Probably not treated poorly or looked down upon. But probably easily board by them as you can't share drink or have sex with them. Droids usually do not party. Some might see beauty in the craftmanship or creating droids also.

tyr4n02r

Droid sex, huh?: http://mashable.com/2016/02/10/star-wars-droid-sex/

They disagree, sorta… Maybe you just need the right specs: http://mashable.com/2015/02/19/secret-sex-lives-of-droids/

Have them look like
these,
"The sultry BD-3000 luxury droid was a versatile attendant droid produced by LeisureMech Enterprises. According to medical statistics, it was the cause of roughly 75% of self-inflicted penile injuries in the galaxy."
couple
, Then these are the droids you are looking for.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 18, 2016, 12:23:09 AM
Actually in the expanded universe there is a  Chiss that fell to the dark side of the force. Then only race that I am remotely aware of that cant be force sensitive are the Vong.

Actually there are two Chiss Force users in EU, Sev'Rance Tann the Dark Jedi lady from the expansion to the Star Wars Age of Empires clone, and jedi Nuruguma from a young reader's comic book that was never referenced again ever. Neither of the source materials were actually. I wouldn't really consider either of them credible sources even before the Expanded universe dump by Disney. Mostly I'm going off the formerly accepted EU canon of no Chiss Force Users, which is mentioned in their race entry in the Legacy Saga book.

Once again though, DM fiat takes precedence.

Also nobles are awesome, have super persuasive player tell enemies to surrender, get stuff for us without licenses, be our big pimpin' party member. Honestly it was my second choice and a close call between noble and soldier.

I have an F-list!

Marie Reynolds

It just States they have no force traditions of their own in the Legacy era source book. That does not Equate to no force sensitives. So that means the Chiss character can be force sensitive and find a mentor and join an existing force tradition.

Tyr, It is your choice to not Start off with destiny  you can always choose one as the game goes on or you can opt to have a secret destiny chosen by me and given it be a secret from you. Cause completing one gives you some really nice bonuses depending on what one gets completed. It is always an option to choose a new one and just like when you  choose one at character creation you can wait as much time as your like or once again you can let me know that you wish to have another secret one chosen for you. Also if you find a Legacy Destiny that you like you can use one of those if you met the requisites to be of that Legacy destiny. Also the book states working with your GM you can make a Legacy destiny but i would limit making a new one  till your character  hit level six or later so that we have some exploits to build off of. Also keep in mind the destiny write up are meant as generic descriptions what you destroy, rescue or Discover can be whatever you and i come up with or if you are brave enough you can turn the fate of your destiny offer tome  *laughs evilly* . Also if you have no destiny you cannot spend destiny points. I hope that helps or I have not over explained things.

tyr4n02r

Hmmm, a Secret Destiny actually sounds good, since my character doesn't know specifically why he was sent down to Zeltros anyway, except that it is "top secret," his superiors have a one-way line to him, and other agents for the Hutt are/will be there. Just don't let me have a kid…

Do I still get to use Destiny Points before I learn what my destiny is?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs