Devil Survivor: A modern apocalyptic fantasy, oh my~

Started by Solstice, March 30, 2012, 10:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Name: Miki Asakura

Biography: Miki is one of those inspiring stories you hear about on the evening news. An orphan who lost her family in a plane crash, growing up in a rough orphanage, only become an exceptional student and graduate a few years ahead of schedule from high school, with a full scholarship towards the ever-desirable Todai university. There, she is currently working towards a double major in classical mythology and engineering, just because she can.

Occupation: Student, working part-time in Todai's engineering section as a MAD SCIENTIST . . erm . . lab tech.

What Do You Have In Your Pockets?: A touch screen smartphone, that may or may not have been modified to an absurd extent with cool little features. A little wallet with a small amount of cash, library card, credit card, etc. Gum.

Appearance:

Miki is fairly petite (Statistics say that the next growth spurts won't hit for a few years, that's all!) barely reaching 5'0". She's not exactly an athletic person, but she does take good care of her body, leading to a surprisingly healthy set of hair and skin considering how much of nerd she is. Bright blue eyes behind a pair of glasses suggests some Europe in her blood somewhere. She generally sticks to comfortable clothes, rather than pretty and fashionable ones.

Other: Miki is pretty damn smart, and an all-around computer whiz. Not only that, but this year she's gained an interest in occult studies, and has started looking up classical mythology. Unfortunately she's also a bit . . eccentric. A lot eccentric. Okay, she's a tiny and adorable mad scientist. It's not her fault the university lost power for a day!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

TheHangedOne

Looks good to me, Latooni. Now to actually work on my own.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Name: Hideyoshi Masateru

Biography: Born into a small family with strong Zen Buddhist leanings, it is small wonder that Hideyoshi ended up being calm, and slightly aloof, even from a young age. Living up to his namesake (he was named after the genius strategist Toyotomi Hideyoshi), he has always been in possession of a quantity of intellect that often staggered his teachers.

Although he easily gets along with others, he has a tendency to distance himself.  This aprtly stems from a fear of rejection, and of being discriminated against because of his intellect (he was often bullied by the sort of punks that would take offense at his brilliance).

When he came of age, he took on the Buddhist name "Garyo", which means "Laying dragon".
Occupation: Currently the care taker of a small Buddhist temple. His father is currently the head priest of it, however, Hideyoshi is known to often times tend to the spiritual needs of those few who come to pray there.

What Do You Have In Your Pockets?: Wallet with cash and photo ID, seven inch folding utility pocket knife, cheap plastic lighter, PS VITA, old cell phone (Not a smart phone).

Appearance:
Though he would never wear those clothes he is depicted in, this picture does give one a good idea about his physical build and stance. His hair is only shoulder length.

He additionally has a tattoo along his upper left chest, which is the Kao of Hideyoshi Hashiba.

Other: Very intelligent. Despite his rather strict religious upbringing, he takes the rules of his religion as more like suggestions. Beyond that, he is a compel, individual, who, at times, can be difficult to understand.
Check out my poet tree!

Solstice

Let's see, that puts us at:

Miyu / Miko
Saric / Steven
Latooni / Miki
THM / Hideoyshi

And I believe we are expecting characters from Thorn, Ember, and possibly Kineas as well, da?
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Latooni Subota

I have a friend who is interested, and should post so once he gets off work today.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Solstice

Ah-ha! Well, then. That should put us at eight, if those other three all also retain interest, which seems like a good upper limit on people for the time being.

summoner2183

Uhhh are you guys still accepting people? If you guys are here is my character.

Name: Kenji Asahina

Biography: Kenji is born into a family of civil servants and is expected to do the same, something that annoys him a little. Nevertheless, he loves his family dearly, and many said that he is a friendly and helpful person though a tad reckless and short tempered at times. '

He also dislikes people who discriminates against others, as well as snobby people and bullies.

Occupation: He is a student, taking degrees in Law and Business Management

What Do You Have In Your Pockets?: A wallet with ID Card and ATM Cards and money, a Swiss Army Knife, MP3 Player and a cellphone

Appearance: Kenji has a leanly built body, due to him spending time in the gym as well as running to keep his body fit. He has reddish brown hair, and soft brown eyes. He likes to keep his hair neatly trimmed.

Other: He is a good negotiator and speaker, and he has an innate charisma that he unconsciously produces around people. He is also quite smart, and has a bit of a photographic memory.

Thorn14

If other players get in dont wait for me   :-)

TheHangedOne

Summoner: Unfortunately, we really wanted to keep it down to eight people, and others have shown interest before you. It feels like it'd be discourteous to tell them to wait or go away when they showed interest first.

And of course, their's no easy way for me to say this, especially after that. I don't mean any discourtesy or ill will towards you, though, but would it bother you to wait for a while?

If the others that have a slot reserved don't post a character in a few days, or if later on, players drop out, we'd be glad to accept you in then, if you're still willing.
Check out my poet tree!

Thorn14

So may I ask how dark this campaign will be? Devil Survivor is a pretty downer series.

summoner2183

Quote from: TheHangedMan on March 31, 2012, 09:27:04 PM
Summoner: Unfortunately, we really wanted to keep it down to eight people, and others have shown interest before you. It feels like it'd be discourteous to tell them to wait or go away when they showed interest first.

And of course, their's no easy way for me to say this, especially after that. I don't mean any discourtesy or ill will towards you, though, but would it bother you to wait for a while?

If the others that have a slot reserved don't post a character in a few days, or if later on, players drop out, we'd be glad to accept you in then, if you're still willing.

Hey, I understand completely. I will wait for the good news for you people then.

Solstice

Reasonably dark, but not unrelentingly so. It's the fall of civilization, and a lot of people (civilian NPCs, mostly) aren't going to survive.

That said, as much as fear and confusion to drive people to panic, it can also bring them together; as we see in real disasters worldwide, people will tend to band together and help one another.

And I'm not a huge fan of 'total downer' scenarios. It's likely to be... probably at the same level of 'dark' as DeSu 1 or 2. Not as dark as, say, DDS or Nocturne, if you're familiar with them.

evangel

I'm here. Sorry I didn't post in awhile, definitely still interested and I'll churn out a character tomorrow or tonight!

EDIT: -Hifive!-

Latooni Subota

Evangel is the friend I mentioned, of course. *Hi5's Evangel*

wildstar

Hmm I'm interested in this I haven't been RP'ing in awhile and was looking this over I like the Shin Megami Tensei games they are cool. is this rp still open?

TheHangedOne

Quote from: wildstar on April 01, 2012, 02:06:19 PM
Hmm I'm interested in this I haven't been RP'ing in awhile and was looking this over I like the Shin Megami Tensei games they are cool. is this rp still open?
As I mentioned to Summoner, all the slots are full, but a few people with a slot haven't posted their character. At most, me and Solstice are willing to have eight players (Including myself). If one of the people with a slot doesn't get a character up in the next few days, then the slot will go to Summoner, since he posted first. But, if another slot frees up after that, you may feel free to apply.

If you'd like, I can PM you if a slot becomes available.
Check out my poet tree!

Ember Star

Okay here's my character. Sorry it took so long. If I need more information let me know. She has mire than she did.

Name: Ioa Zidanelia
Biography: Ioa is a American girl, new to Japan. When her mother died suddenly a few months ago, she came to live with her father. Even though she was 18 and legal. He was still the only family she had left.
Occupation: College student and works part time at a Goth shop.
What Do You Have In Your Pockets?: iPhone, makeup, about $50 in cash (or whatever that translates to in Japanese currency), 3DS, some DS games, a textbook.
Appearance: (the wings are part of the outfit)  
Other: Ioa is odd to say the least. She has the appearance of Goth/emo/punk, yet she can be unnervingly and annoying cheerful. She grew up an normal life. In the city, only child, two parents that love her. She just always had a rebellious side. Always took to dressing in dark clothes. Getting piercings without her parents permission. But what rebellious teen doesn't pull stunts like that. All in all, she's a friendly nice girl. But beware her dark and dangerous side!
Started Demon: Unicorn.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

TheHangedOne

$50 USD is about 4,000 yen.   8-)

Two little things that bug me, though, Ember. You say, in her bio, that she came to Japan to be with her father, but in your Other section, you mention she grew up with both parents. I'm just curious about what happened, e.g. did the father and mother divorce, did he have to move because of his job..?

Also, still not certain if you'll be able to start with Unicorn or not, I need Solstice to weigh in on that still.

besides those two points, it's good.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Solstice

Which gives us:

Miyu / Miko
Saric / Steven
Latooni / Miki
THM / Hideoyshi
Ember Star / Ioa
Evangel / __
Kineas / __

With summoner and wildstar on the proverbial--er. Not a 'wait list', but--standby?

Ehhh, something of the sort. :s

EDIT'd for whoops: Will probably get us a proper OOC topic up in the next few days.

Do we think that the "EX" board is appropriate for this, or somewhere else? I'm more concerned about the potential violence-done-to-civilians than the horribly, mind-breakingly kinky sex0rz, as I don't imagine (O HOW NAIVE) there'll be too terribly much of the latter.

Thorn14

I cant think of any good characters so you guys have fun  :-)

Kineas

I am so late. Omg.

Posting before I write my character just for the sake of HEY I'M HERE DON'T WORRY GAIZ D=

Name: Illue Sinata

Biography: Illue (Ill-oo-ay) is the daughter of a fairly well off family which holds some pretty significant stock in companies that are currently quite successful. She has been attending a respectable college in the area majoring in business and economics. In life, she's been pretty much just like anyone else... much to her dismay. She is also quite a bit more insightful than most when it comes to understanding how people work though (and by extension, many events). She's been able to accomplish but hasn't stood out too much.

Occupation: Full time student. Her parents have been paying her way so far.

What Do You Have In Your Pockets?: A purse (makeup, ID, about $60 dollars worth of yen, a chart of the train station times and locations, an android powered phone, a can of pepper spray)

Appearance:

Other: She's an excellent speaker and good with people, although more than a few have found her a teensy bit unsettling ~ she has a way of seeing through people.

-- Feel free to make up a starter demon for me! I figure it wouldn't make much sense to pick your flavor of uncontrollable, unforseen catastrophe. =3

Edit Add: - EX board is fine by me, I see the reasoning.

Latooni Subota

Ex is probably fine, considering the murdermurder.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Kineas

Ember Star

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 01, 2012, 07:22:10 PM
$50 USD is about 4,000 yen.   8-)

Two little things that bug me, though, Ember. You say, in her bio, that she came to Japan to be with her father, but in your Other section, you mention she grew up with both parents. I'm just curious about what happened, e.g. did the father and mother divorce, did he have to move because of his job..?

Also, still not certain if you'll be able to start with Unicorn or not, I need Solstice to weigh in on that still.

besides those two points, it's good.  :-)

Ah crap. I forgot to edit that or add some details to explain it. The Other section is just what I had as her personality before. I'll fix that soon.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony