News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Quick question regarding story posting...

Started by Sashian, August 10, 2009, 10:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sashian

I have an on-going story, not necessarily an RP since it's just my writing. It's fairly risque and currently in the original works section of another forum. I would love the opportunity to post it here...if that is something commonly allowed for users. Aside from sharing it for the sake of sharing, it also provides a good example of my writing style, preferences, creativity and dedication perhaps for the purposes of finding a partner. If this is something that would be possible, could a mod or someone in the know please let me know yay or nay? Also, if yay, where would be the most appropriate section to post?

Thanks!

Lirliel

You can certainly share a host of stories around the website, perhaps make a link when/if you get accepted to Elliquiy and put in a One on One request, or a multiple one, with a link to the story you mentioned, saying this is what I'd like for the story to revolve around, etc etc.

That's usually the way it works at least in my opinion :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Cecilia

If you'd like to post something to share your style as part of your application process, you'll want to do that in the intro thread.  However, anything in your intro thread should be edited to remove the risqué bits as you call them.  Approved members have access to boards where full stories are quite welcome.

Sashian

Hmm. Removing the risque bits would defeat the purpose unfortunately. Also, the section of the other site the story is posted in requires a 3 month waiting period following mod permission and approval for access. Were it not for that, posting a link would be ideal.

Lirliel

I meant, when you get accepted, perhaps you can copy-paste the story over to Elliquiy, then place a link in your One on One game idea to the story (on Elliquiy), that way you wouldn't be bothered with the other site's three month waiting period.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sashian

Quote from: Lirliel on August 10, 2009, 10:57:15 PM
I meant, when you get accepted, perhaps you can copy-paste the story over to Elliquiy, then place a link in your One on One game idea to the story (on Elliquiy), that way you wouldn't be bothered with the other site's three month waiting period.

Ah, gotcha. That would be ideal. So, assuming I'm accepted, where would be the most appropriate place to start a thread and begin copying the story in it's entirety? :)

Aestas

If it is a story that involves only you and you intend to keep it that way.. We do have a Storytelling section for Original Works. ;)

It is, however, in the Member Only section.

Sashian

That would explain then why I can't see that section. :P

And yes, I intend to keep it merely a solo story, however, I could see creating a separate, role-playable storyline based on some of the less fleshed out characters...or completely new characters in a similar environment.

Thank you for the speedy help!

Lirliel

No problem were glad to help!

*Drives away on her tricycle*