Motley High School (recruiting)

Started by Arlyn, April 14, 2009, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arlyn

NC-Exotic

Welcome to the MHS!  Since I originally attempted to make this idea work, we've been stuck on day one and lost about 60% of our players.  So, I think I'll try and ressurect the idea once more.  With that said, here's the basic idea of the game.  I'm looking for at least half a dozen more characters- humans, elves, any monster or demon that can take human form, basically.  If there's anyone interested, I'll make a character thread and we'll use that to list our characters once more.

Threads
Outdoor: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29667.0
Cafeteria: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29658.0
Water Dorm: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28371.0
Wind Dorm: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28370.0
Fire Dorm: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28369.0
Main Entrance/Office/Library: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28335.0
Scenery/OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28151.0
Gymnasium: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28152.0
Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=34866.0

Setting: Modern with Fantasy elements.  High School/Academy scene.
Style: Let's go with NC-H to begin with.  If interests show otherwise, we'll change the style.

The Plot: Motley High School was once a well respected school, churning out graduates that went on to great careers and some even to fame and fortune.  With the ocean not too far away, merely a mile and a half, with a beach that beckons any and all to visit in the warmer months, and a forest to just about surround it, the school has a great location for being out of the way.  Though basically a public school one the outskirts of town at the time, that was nearly thirty years ago.  Now, though its basic location hasn't changed, the town has.  Sprawling mini-metropolis, with a full-blown bus system and a rival school on the other side of town that is far more advanced and modern, MHS has fallen behind the times.  But it was over Summer Break when something... odd, happened.  For some reason, roughly half the MHS students were transferred over to the rival school, something that didn't go over well with many friendships forced to break off or become strained as a result of the shift.  With few remaining students that are 3rd year students, rumors flew throughout town as construction at the school began.

By the end of Summer Break, new buildings at the MHS were finished.  The remaining students were given the option of living at the newly constructed dorms.  The school sent out letters to the parents of the remaining students telling them that in order to make ends meet and to upgrade MHS' image, the school had to allow foreign students to come to the school.  But who were these foreign students that would be coming to school?  Questions were asked, and only vague answers given.  Something was up, but as the start of school loomed ever closer, most students began packing their things and moving into the dorms.  There, they found that each of them were split up into two-student dorm rooms.  But... none of them knew the names of the students that they were forced to room with.  Just what had happened to the school that these students grew up in, and what of those that had yet to attend?

Main Points: This is information that human students are not to be made aware of until after the introduction of the new 'foreign' students.  The school was revamped completely, kept a secret from parents and students alike that are familiar with MHS.  Although the overlying structure is the same, every bit of the school has been fortified with additional strength, some areas have even been armored to better withstand stresses that would come from the inclusion of the new students from another land.  In reality, the new students are actually from an adjacent 'dimension'.  These new students are most commonly human in appearance, but in actuality are not humans.  In fact, they are what most humans call monsters of various sorts, using magic to reshape themselves to look like humans.  This is a result of the monster's realm steadily shrinking, losing cohesion and forcing a move of all sorts of once-banished species to return to the human realm.  Though this move is involuntary, it was discovered by humans several years ago, and so various governments around the world have been forced to provide them with amnesty. With no cure for the destruction of their home, a slow integration into human society is taking place and schools like these all over the world have been converted to assist with the integration of the 'monsters' and humans as best as possible.

The Characters: They can be just about anything.  Monster characters should have two forms- their true form, and their human form.  Feel free to use any monster you can think of, but please be considerate about their powers and abilities being too powerful.  The supernatural characters may have some sort of ties to the human earth, perhaps familiar or through legends (I leave that to the players of the characters).  Human characters may gain abilities through the course of the RP, but should not begin with anything outside the scope of being human unless it is a result of something (experimentation, attempts at magic, curses, etc).  Also, by supernaturals, I mean species such as Succubi, Incubi, Imps, Orcs, Trolls, Ogres, Cyclops, Giants, Mermaids, Elves, Dwarves, Centaurs, Yuki-onna, Faerie, etc.  Take your pick.  You may play as more than one character, and feel free to be a student or a teacher.  Tentacle monsters are also available, but not recommended (they probably wouldn't be liked by too many students or faculty, and may have trouble adapting to a bipedal body like a human's).  It's all up to you.

Basic School Rules:

• No exposing true selves in public or in school.  Dorm rooms are fine.
  • No obvious usage of magic or non-human abilities outside of school classes.  This is to keep the school and the human students safe
  • Fighting is not allowed.

In Closing: Please respond to this thread if you're interested.  I don't plan on a system of any sort being involved, so this is basically free form.  If you have a character sheet in mind that might work for this RP, feel free to post it here and we can use that as a basis.  If not, I'm sure I can have something whipped up quickly enough.  Suggestions and comments are welcomed as well, message me or reply here (your choice).

Tad

I'd be happy to bring back Jesse if you're still interested.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

I'd be interested here, depending on how many others decide to join up.  I'm thinking a giant might be interesting...  A bit of a gentle one, if only to counterbalance the massive strength.

Rhapsody

I'd be interested in this.  I don't know what I'd narrow it down to quite yet though.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Myrleena

Interested as well.  Either a succubus or sidhe, don't know which, yet. ^_^

Arlyn

Tad, feel free to bring Jesse back.  It'll be good to have her return.

Shihong, the only thing is that you can't make the giant too huge- Unless you make him literally capable of shape and size-shifting, illusions are the order of the day when it comes to hiding what he is.  But if you give him those abilities, then it's all good.

Rhapsody, Myrleena, I welcome you both as well to the game.  When you do have a character in mind, just post the info in a new Character thread that I'll have posted in NC-Exotic Freeform Games.

Crovonovin

Yes, I was thinking that shapeshifting would be pretty necessary.  I'm planning on making the character be some sort of ice-giant, so maybe she could manipulate herself between solid, liquid, and gas...  Form into water, hyper-compress herself into a human-sized body, then freeze up and form an illusion?  Something like that.  Perhaps her room could have an appropriately tall ceiling to accommodate her?

Arlyn

Rhapsody

I know what I want to play, I just don't have it completely narrowed down yet. :)

This picture has been bugging me to find a character for of late.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Myrleena

I really, really wish I could draw...

In any case, too bad the character I have in mind isn't fit to be a student.  A teacher I guess.  It's your fault, Arlyn!  I can't believe you suggested combining the two characters!  They're too much fun!

Rhapsody

Alrighty.  I have pondered it over the course of a couple of episodes of House, and I think I'm going to go with a fire elemental concept.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Arlyn

*whistles innocently*  It is good to have a teacher character around at least.

And a Fire Elemental sounds cool to me.

Crovonovin

Oooh, a fire elemental could provide some rather interesting interactions and conflicts with my ice giant...

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Crovonovin

Oh, and here is the link to the Character Sheet thread!  Arlyn must have forgotten to post a link to it here.

Clicky clicky!

Rhapsody

Thanks!  Was just going to ask that, actually. :)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Arlyn

Crap, I really should've added the Character thread over with the rest of the list...

Tad

Might I make a request.... some sort of limit to how long a day can take.  I just know that if one group ends up taking a month to cover one day and the rest of the school wants to keep moving, it'll make various interactions difficult.  Also, maybe if we could implement times and dates being put onto the tops of posts (at least occasionally), that might help keep timelines somewhat connected.

Arlyn

Alright.  Well, I'm hoping to get Silk and one other person to start playing, and before too long I'll want to get this thing going to the dance.  After that, I'd have to suggest that one week (IRL) = one day (IC) after we finish the dance.

And yeah, probably a good idea on the times for the posts.

Doomsday

I've looked over this thread before but was reserved because I'm already in an Arlyn-ran game, but if you need another male, I'd be interested in playing a Magnificent Bastard demonic character.

Oleander

If you're still recruiting I would like to join.

Arlyn

We are still recruiting, yes.  Feel free to make a character and post her in the Character thread, and then roam the campus, the outdoors, or even the dorm.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Oh, and just to let you and others know, we're running short on male characters and human characters in general now.

Tad

And I still need a roommate (preferably one that won't try to seduce me... sorry, not so much my thing).  Anyone interested in rooming with a were-cat?

Oleander

Quote from: Tad on April 24, 2009, 12:42:23 PM
And I still need a roommate (preferably one that won't try to seduce me... sorry, not so much my thing).  Anyone interested in rooming with a were-cat?

I'd room with ya!

I wouldn't try to seduce you either. =]