Monster Girls (D&D 3.5) Grab your Monster Manuals and Savage Species!

Started by ulthakptah, November 09, 2011, 03:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 19, 2011, 10:34:54 PM
Hmm.  It won't get you a Nightmare for a lower body, but have you considered the Tauric template from Savage Species?  You could get all sorts of strange and bizarre lower halves for the low low price of just +2 LA.

Alternately, looking over its stats, a Nightmare is +4 LA.  It probably wouldn't even be worth an increase to that LA to make a cute centaur girl with those stats and special abilities.  All you'd be getting out of the deal over a regular Nightmare is opposable thumbs, after all.

No. Centaurs can come with black coats and use the flaming hooves item from SAvage species to get the flaming hoof attacks and the smoke ability :3. and yeah a tauric char is alot of work to do jus tto get them to  make

And so what if a male can't use a magic ability they can still use magic items and non magical rangers, fighters, rogues and scouts are all really friggin scary at high lvls :3.

Kunoichi

The Nightmare still gets Astral Projection and Etherealness, however.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if the sole male character was a Monster Guy of some sort. ^^; A Gargoyle, or a Minotaur, or a Giant, or maybe a Mimic might be fun...

Captjoe

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 20, 2011, 12:17:18 PM
Actually, the Monster Hunters option is pretty much off the table by this point. ^^; The GM just hasn't had the free time to edit the first post accordingly, yet.

He is allowing one male character, so you could shoot for that spot, though it has some extra rules that might not make it so appealing:

Alternately, any monster girls you might like to try playing?

Hey, I usually played a fighter or a cleric in D&D, so I'm pretty ok with no magic. lol. As for monster girls, I honestly don't know.
I cannot make you believe the truth. I may only tell it to you.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

Snake

Overrated abilities in my book.

Though that's my first idea/ I'm still entertaining the concept of a feral human (counts officially as a monstrous human, thus monster) as a male

Kunoichi

Quote from: Captjoe on November 20, 2011, 12:40:07 PM
Hey, I usually played a fighter or a cleric in D&D, so I'm pretty ok with no magic. lol. As for monster girls, I honestly don't know.

I was more thinking that you might not be okay with being a plaything, since you'd wanted to be a hunter. ^^;

I could help you pick out a monster to play as, if you'd like to try being a monster girl.  There are plenty of different options available for anything from frontline melee combat, to spellcasting, to stealth, to healing...  And lots of different types, as well, depending on whether you'd like to be an angel, demon, giant, aberration, or whatever.

Quote from: Snake on November 20, 2011, 12:41:05 PM
Overrated abilities in my book.

Though that's my first idea/ I'm still entertaining the concept of a feral human (counts officially as a monstrous human, thus monster) as a male

*shrugs* Alright then.

Hmm.  What about a lycanthrope of some sort?  That could be an entertaining option, and there are plenty of different animals to choose from, across the various different books...

Captjoe

Hey, that's fine with me too. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to characters.

For the monster girl thing, I don't know. Like I said before I was usually playing a cleric or a fighter whenever we played, so if I could get something along those lines, that would be awesome.

No good day will ever be completely good, and no bad day will ever be completely bad. Therefore, ever good day has it's price, and every bad day has it's reward.

Snake

Lycanthrope? Werelion (functionally a weretiger but neutral good? ) or I've even worked out a wereraptor (using a Denonychus as the animal)

Kunoichi

Quote from: Captjoe on November 20, 2011, 12:55:10 PM
Hey, that's fine with me too. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to characters.

For the monster girl thing, I don't know. Like I said before I was usually playing a cleric or a fighter whenever we played, so if I could get something along those lines, that would be awesome.

Hmm.  Well, for Fighter-types, there's the Hound Archon, of course.  There's a variety of Giants, there's the Minotaur, the Ogre, the Astral Deva, the Troll, the Gynosphinx...  Plenty of choices, really. ^^; Too many to list at once, actually.

As for Cleric-types, there'd be two ways to accomplish that.  The first is with innate divine spellcasting, which is rare but does give you some options, and the second is to pick creatures with relatively low LA and then add Cleric levels on top of that.

The Trumpet Archon is an ECL 20 character who casts as a 14th-level Cleric.  They also have a Monster Class in Savage Species, so you could play a weaker version of one at lower levels.

A Drider can choose to cast as either a 6th-level Cleric, Wizard, or Sorcerer.  ECL 10.

The Ghaele Eladrin was given a +10 LA in Savage Species, making one of these an ECL 20 character that casts as a 14th-level Cleric.  It also has a Monster Class, so you could play a weaker version at a lower level.  We've got one Ghaele player already, but I don't think she'd mind the company if you chose this option.

The Lammasu casts as a 7th-level Cleric at ECL 12, and has some fun melee options like Pounce.

The always-sexy Nymph casts as a 7th-level Druid at ECL 13.

The Book of Exalted Deeds also has the Firre Eladrin, which is ECL 18, casts as a 12th-level Cleric, and also gets unlimited Bardic Music.  You also get to turn into a giant pillar of fire as an alternate form, which is cool. ^^

As for low LA monsters that you could add Cleric levels onto...  Well, there are a lot, so I'll put that list into a second post. ><;

Quote from: Snake on November 20, 2011, 01:29:02 PM
Lycanthrope? Werelion (functionally a weretiger but neutral good? ) or I've even worked out a wereraptor (using a Denonychus as the animal)

Those could certainly be fun to try. I think a Were-Dire-Lion might be a slightly better option than just a regular Lion, though.  Plus, you'd get to call yourself a Were-Lion Lord. ;D

Snake

add a feral to that and you some REALLY tough lycanthrope (they gain the same attacks lions normally get, plus rend and Fast Healing in all forms and then the hybrid/animal form's DR, talk about a tank huh?

Kunoichi

Hmm.  You'd have to start out as a Lycanthrope first and become Feral afterwards, but I think it would work according to the rules...

At the very least, it gives a nice boost to all those racial HD. ^^ And since the special attacks and special qualities that a Feral Creature gets are based on how many Racial HD it has, adding it onto a Lycanthrope is a good combo.

Snake

Actually they can be tgaken at the same time. as they'r einherited templates. natural lycanthrope with it is teh same LA as a half-fiend/celestial really.

Kunoichi

Yeah, what I meant was that you'd have to apply the Lycanthrope template first, so you'd be a Lycanthrope who went Feral, rather than a Feral person who got bitten by a Werewolf.

Honestly, though, the Lycanthrope template not applying to Monstrous Humanoids strikes me as being a bit silly...  After all, wouldn't a Were-Dire-Bat Gargoyle be awesome?  Or what about a Were-Shark Sahuagin?

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Snake

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 20, 2011, 02:45:18 PM
Yeah, what I meant was that you'd have to apply the Lycanthrope template first, so you'd be a Lycanthrope who went Feral, rather than a Feral person who got bitten by a Werewolf.

Honestly, though, the Lycanthrope template not applying to Monstrous Humanoids strikes me as being a bit silly...  After all, wouldn't a Were-Dire-Bat Gargoyle be awesome?  Or what about a Were-Shark Sahuagin?

Right. I'll have something by tomorrow. what approx level are we working at?whatever the LA comes to +1?

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 20, 2011, 11:35:00 AM
Ah. ^^; Well, in my case, at least, the Savage Species Imp progression is actually significantly different from the MM 3.5 Imp.  I'd lose out on +2 Natural Armor, Survival as a racial skill and +4 Charisma, and in exchange I'd get Regeneration instead of Fast Healing and the ability to choose from a much wider variety of forms for my Alternate Form ability.

To be honest, if I could combine the two, I think I could make a much more interesting character, especially with that increased Alternate Form list.  The Regeneration would be great for survivability, but being able to disguise myself as a Coure Eladrin, or a Petal, or maybe even an Aasimar or Tiefling, instead of the standard Raven, Rat, Spider or Boar choices would be much more fun.

Assuming homebrew feats are allowed, perhaps the deceivingly innocent form feat found here: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=ccunqcv1s9teqpomlujah94r34&topic=9557.msg404601#msg404601 may be of some benefit? It would certainly help with fitting in thematically with the monster girl universe.

Hell the monster classes found there would be rather useful for expanding upon available monster types to play as. They don't run exactly like the Savage Species monster classes (which is a good thing IMHO), generally trying to replicate the monster's theme, rather than their exact abilities as presented in the monster manual. Here is an index of completed monsters for those that may be interested: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=ccunqcv1s9teqpomlujah94r34&topic=9557.msg322568#msg322568

Kunoichi

I think the form described by Deceivingly Innocent Form is meant to be the default for all monstrous characters in this game, actually.

I'll wait and see what ulth thinks about those Monster Classes.

Quote from: NicciKotor on November 20, 2011, 02:49:18 PM
Fighting for Truth, Justice, and LASER EYES TO THE FACE!

xD You know, Nicci, I think that Captjoe might really enjoy being a Firre Eladrin working alongside your Ghaele.  Think your laser light-show could use some pyrotechnics and musical accompaniment?

Ala Rai Sen

I thought it might, but it doesn't hurt to err on the side of caution.

Captjoe

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 20, 2011, 03:06:03 PM
I think the form described by Deceivingly Innocent Form is meant to be the default for all monstrous characters in this game, actually.

I'll wait and see what ulth thinks about those Monster Classes.

xD You know, Nicci, I think that Captjoe might really enjoy being a Firre Eladrin working alongside your Ghaele.  Think your laser light-show could use some pyrotechnics and musical accompaniment?

Works for me.

Kunoichi

Alright. ^^ If you don't have the Book of Exalted Deeds, I can send you the Firre Eladrin's stats via PMs, if you want.

Quote from: Snake on November 20, 2011, 02:54:56 PM
Right. I'll have something by tomorrow. what approx level are we working at?whatever the LA comes to +1?

You'll have to wait for ulth to weigh in on that one. ^^;

NicciKotor

He is currently killing himself via skyrim. Of which I shall be doing once my new computer arrives via UPS.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Captjoe

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 20, 2011, 03:15:39 PM
Alright. ^^ If you don't have the Book of Exalted Deeds, I can send you the Firre Eladrin's stats via PMs, if you want.

You'll have to wait for ulth to weigh in on that one. ^^;

That'd be very helpful. I had most of the books on my laptop at one time, but then a virus wiped it out.... ^^;

ulthakptah

Quote from: Ala Rai Sen on November 20, 2011, 02:59:09 PM
Assuming homebrew feats are allowed, perhaps the deceivingly innocent form feat found here: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=ccunqcv1s9teqpomlujah94r34&topic=9557.msg404601#msg404601 may be of some benefit? It would certainly help with fitting in thematically with the monster girl universe.

Hell the monster classes found there would be rather useful for expanding upon available monster types to play as. They don't run exactly like the Savage Species monster classes (which is a good thing IMHO), generally trying to replicate the monster's theme, rather than their exact abilities as presented in the monster manual. Here is an index of completed monsters for those that may be interested: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=ccunqcv1s9teqpomlujah94r34&topic=9557.msg322568#msg322568
I don't really approve of the classes here. It might be just how I lightly skimmed through a couple, but none of them seemed to take in to account the monster's level adjustment.

The feats are okay though. You can think as if you already have the cute one, because that basically how the game works. Also taking 2 feats to be able to start taking levels in a separate monster class seems like a fair trade off.

Quote from: Snake on November 20, 2011, 02:26:01 PM
add a feral to that and you some REALLY tough lycanthrope (they gain the same attacks lions normally get, plus rend and Fast Healing in all forms and then the hybrid/animal form's DR, talk about a tank huh?
A feral were animal is fine too.

However! I expect you to play feral. Think of it like being animal from the muppets. You won't be eloquently shooting the breeze with shopkeepers. The other players will be stopping you from biting them, or humping their legs.

ulthakptah

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 21, 2011, 07:41:01 AM
However! I expect you to play feral. Think of it like being animal from the muppets. You won't be eloquently shooting the breeze with shopkeepers. The other players will be stopping you from biting them, or humping their legs.

Or more comedic version; strongest person in group hold leash so our feral kitty does not go run off chase pigeons and mices from field or shag neighbhor's cat during full moon. Not to mention the spray stink damage to neighborhood and nightly meow concerts on barricade wall.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 21, 2011, 07:46:50 AM
Or more comedic version; strongest person in group hold leash so our feral kitty does not go run off chase pigeons and mices from field or shag neighbhor's cat during full moon. Not to mention the spray stink damage to neighborhood and nightly meow concerts on barricade wall.
By strongest person, you mean the least dainty of the outsiders. Who with out a doubt would be dragged comically be a were-creature. Also only males spray.