X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on May 20, 2014, 06:25:39 PM
Orange Marmalade, I wanted to know if it was ok for Misery to be a thief. I kind of wanted that to be her 'other' skill, before she got to the school.

Sure, I'd see it more as a pickpocket or opportunist than like a spy movie art thief or something :) But yes, should be fine

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 07:23:10 PM
Since Logan now has two kids to deal with, I'd like to make a personal plea for no X-23 (but I would never stop you if you really wanted to play her/him). Totally love Marrow though. I often play her. A male version would be really cool. Shaw would be awesome too.

Two kids?  Since when?  Where have I been and how did I miss all that?

Never liked Daken as a character anyway...

Coming soon...

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 07:35:28 PM
Sabertooth is now her son.

Oh, missed that. I thought you meant in the comics.

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 20, 2014, 07:36:16 PM

10 demerits!

People love my whore mouth!  People love Whore-things!

Coming soon...

Ryven

Quote from: Saphir on May 20, 2014, 06:52:58 PM
Except he doesn't sparkle....he dazzles. ;D

Looks like a duck.  Walks like a duck.  Sparkles like a duck.

Lockepick

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Rave

Finished Iron Fist sheet :)

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Daniel "Danny" Rand-K'ai.
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Iron Fist.
Citizenship and other legal info: Dual citizenship in K'un-Lun and the U.S.A.
Place of Birth: New York City.
Education: College Level.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'2.
Weight: 189 Ibs.
Hair color: Ebony.
Eye color: Dark Brown.
Ethnicity: Asian/Caucasian mix.
General Appearance: Iron Fist has a lean, yet muscular physique which favors agility over brute strength. He stands rather tall for his age, and seems to have fully matured early. He has a dragon shapped tattoo across his chest, a branded mark from his vanquishing of the Dragon Shou-Lao and gaining the Iron Fist. His identity is known to most, and as such he is often seen without his costume walking around the world and the X-mansion, however he prefers to stay out of the public eye.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Heterosexual.
Ons/Offs: Same as Player (See Signature)
Goals: To hunt down his parent's murderer and gain vengeance on Harold Meachum.
Wealth Level: 6.
Personality: In terms of personality Danny is a very laid back guy. He isn't overly geeky like Spiderman or too much of a badass like Wolverine. He is the perfect blend of both. When It came time to get serious Danny was is joke, he can easily beat up opponents much bigger and more aggressive than he is and with considerable ease. If asked to describe his personality in a few words, its best said that he is a mix of a Monk and a Skater. Exceptionally wise for his age, yet young enough to be laid back and take things easy, he is always a positive light among his peers.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Martial Arts (Tutoring), Engineering, Self Defense, Acrobatics, Dance.
Year: High School Senior (Mentally at college level).
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: - Martial Arts Club (Sponsor/Founder)

STATS: - All taken from the first page, and reduced 1 point for realism / age.
Fighting: 6 - Agility: 6 - Strength: 4 - Endurance: 5 - Reason: 5 - Intuition: 6 - Psyche: 6

POWERS: - Taken from the Marvel Wiki.
Iron Fist -Through concentration, Iron Fist can harness his spiritual energy, or chi, to augment his physical and mental capabilities to peak human levels. By focusing his chi into his hand, he can tap the superhuman energy of Shou-Lao and temporarily render his fist superhumanly powerful, immune to pain and injury; however, this process is mentally draining, and he usually needs recovery time before he can repeat it. Iron Fist can heal himself of any injury or illness and project this power to heal others. He can sense mystic energy, particularly that which is related to K'un-Lun. He is capable of fusing his consciousness with that of another person, enabling each to perceive the other's emotions and memories. He has unusually keen eyesight, but it is unclear if it extends to superhuman level. His entire body is oriented to combat, enabling him to adapt to any environment with minimal exposure. At times, he has absorbed energy directed at himself and channeled it to augment his own power. Under certain circumstances, he can even focus his chi to create nexus points between dimensions.

ADVANTAGES:
Keen Senses - Though not as extreme or superhuman as Wolverine and Sabertooth, Iron Fist's senses are always heightened above average human level. This is specifically true regarding his eyesight, as it has been noted that he can see exceptionally well in the dark.
Minimal Energy Absorption - At times, he has absorbed energy directed at himself and channeled it to augment his own power. Under certain circumstances, he can even focus his chi to create nexus points between dimensions.

DISADVANTAGES:
Recharge Time - Using the power of the Iron Fist can be draining, especially on his physical body. The Repeated use is usually stressful and exhausting, limiting Danny's use of the power for up to 5 or 6 consecutive times before he must recharge and refresh himself. He compensates with his martial arts prowess and impressive strength.
Vengeance - Though never displaying it outwardly, Danny harbors a deep, buried hatred for his parents' murderer and as such his chi can often times be disrupted. If he lets the memories and emotions of the events take place, especially his mother throwing herself to the wolves in order for Danny to live, it can oftentimes cause his power to spasm out of control and backfire.

SKILLS: - Taken from the Marvel Wiki.
Extreme Martial Artist: - Danny has extensive martial arts training, and is arguably the best martial artist in recent mutant history. He has trained his entire life in Kun-Lun, and has been hailed by the city as a prodigy.
Control Over Senses: - He has near-complete control over his nervous system, enabling him to deaden himself to pain.

HISTORY:

Daniel Rand was born in New York City, the son of American businessman Wendell Rand, a wealthy entrepreneur who discovered the mystical city of K'un-L'un as a young boy. During his time in K'un L'un, Wendell saved the life of the city's ruler, Lord Tuan, and was adopted as Tuan's son. However, Wendell eventually left K'un L'un and became a wealthy entrepreneur in the United States. He married socialite Heather Duncan and had a child, Daniel. When Daniel was nine, Wendell organized an expedition to again seek out K'un L'un, taking his wife Heather, his business partner Harold Meachum, and Daniel. During the journey up the mountain, Daniel slipped off the path, his tie-rope taking his mother and father with him. Meachum, who also loved Heather, forced Wendell to plunge to his death but offered to rescue Heather and Daniel. She rejected his help, preferring to journey without him or die.

As explained in Marvel Premiere #15, Heather and Daniel come across a makeshift bridge that appears out of nowhere and are attacked by a pack of wolves. Heather throws herself on the wolves to save Daniel and is killed even as archers from K'un L'un attempt to save her. The archers take the grieving Daniel to see Yü-Ti, the hooded ruler of K'un L'un. When Daniel expresses his desire for vengeance, Yü-Ti apprentices him to Lei Kung, the Thunderer, who teaches him the martial arts.

Daniel proves to be the most gifted of Lei Kung's students. Rand conditions his fists by plunging them into buckets of sand, gravel, and rock to toughen them. At 16, Daniel is given the chance to attain the power of the Iron Fist by fighting and defeating the dragon known as Shou-Lao the Undying, which guarded the molten heart that had been torn from its body. During the battle, Daniel throws himself against the scar of Shou-Lao, which burns a dragon tattoo into his chest. Having killed Shou-Lao, he enters its cave and plunges his fists into a brazier containing the creature's molten heart, emerging with the power of the Iron Fist. It is later revealed that there have been many Iron Fists before Daniel, making him the modern member of a long lineage of Iron Fists.

When K'un L'un reappears on Earth after 10 years, Daniel decides to leave and find his father's killer. Yet before he can seek out the man responsible, he was sought out by Charles Xavier who offered him a better way. He told him of the new mutant uprising, and how the world was not how he remembered it anymore. Trying to take all of this in, Danny agreed to study in the X-Mansion for an in-definite period of time until he can readjust to this new world and its' mutants.

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Rave

SpiralSpider

~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Saphir

Quote from: lockepick on May 20, 2014, 07:42:49 PM
Sucks dick like a duck...

Pretty sure Alistar gives head better than a duck. Feel free to send your guy to find out.  O:)

Bloodied Porcelain

I would just like to point out how flattered I am that people are stealing my image code set up >.>You code thieves make me feel epic. :D I've started a trend!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Ryven

Quote from: Saphir on May 20, 2014, 07:53:22 PM
Pretty sure Alistar gives head better than a duck. Feel free to send your guy to find out.  O:)

He's had that much practice?

Saphir

Quote from: Ryven on May 20, 2014, 07:58:08 PM
He's had that much practice?

What happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room. S'all I'm sayin. :P

Kuroneko

Quote from: RaveExtreme Martial Artist: - Danny has extensive martial arts training, and is arguably the best martial artist in recent mutant history.

...except Wolverine :P

Rave

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 08:11:28 PM

Oh they'll have to have a steamy sparring session one morning then  ::)

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 08:11:28 PM

"I've forgotten more about fighting than you will ever learn"- Daniel Rand

^How can you think such a thing Kuro?!

Saphir

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 07:57:25 PM
I would just like to point out how flattered I am that people are stealing my image code set up >.>You code thieves make me feel epic. :D I've started a trend!

Lulz, You're a treasure. Thank you for that idea.  :-*

Kuroneko

Quote from: Rave on May 20, 2014, 08:12:42 PM
Oh they'll have to have a steamy sparring session one morning then  ::)

Dude, he's freaking 17. Plus, young characters need room to grow into their powers ;)

Quote from: Midori Sadi on May 20, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
"I've forgotten more about fighting than you will ever learn"- Daniel Rand

^How can you think such a thing Kuro?!

"I'm the best there is at what I do," - Wolverine

Rave

I've always imagined Wolverine as a Brawler rather than a Martial Artist, but Wolverine certainly has experience on Iron Fist. With Wolverine, that counts for a lot. Danny is also still pretty young.

While I would argue that Danny is the better Martial Artist, I wouldn't argue that he's a better over-all fighter. Age and Experience count for a lot. Plus, you know, crazy sharp indestructible claws.

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 08:16:43 PM

"I'm the best there is at what I do," - Wolverine

That is a pretty badass quote. Kinda sucks Marvel is thinking (in the process of?) about killing him.

Quote from: Rave on May 20, 2014, 08:18:21 PM
I've always imagined Wolverine as a Brawler rather than a Martial Artist, but Wolverine certainly has experience on Iron Fist. With Wolverine, that counts for a lot. Danny is also still pretty young.

While I would argue that Danny is the better Martial Artist, I wouldn't argue that he's a better over-all fighter. Age and Experience count for a lot. Plus, you know, crazy sharp indestructible claws.

Alright, Logan definitely has that over Danny. But he can karate chop heli carriers. HELI CARRIERS!!

Orange Marmalade

Daken has said the same thing about Wolverine on multiple occasions. Wolverine is skilled but relies a ton on his feral nature to instinctively fight while Daken claims to be the far more skillful fighter (and they've both beaten each other, so there's no real consistency to it)

Kuroneko

Age and treachery beat youth and skill any day, as a friend of mine likes to say, lol.

Logan was trained by Ogun, so there's plenty of martial arts training there as well, and multiple martial arts skill is in the character sheet ;). Fortunately, they're on the same side here, so it's a moot point, thank goodness :-). 

Quote from: Midori Sadi on May 20, 2014, 08:22:00 PM
That is a pretty badass quote. Kinda sucks Marvel is thinking (in the process of?) about killing him.

Alright, Logan definitely has that over Danny. But he can karate chop heli carriers. HELI CARRIERS!!

Yeah, I'm hating that too :-(

Fists can be cut off, just saying ;). The claws can go through helicarriers too. Fought the Hulk, got ripped in half, survived. Groused about finding his legs the entire time, lol.

Let's face it, everyone in the marvelverse is a badass in their own way.