Young Justice: Rebellion

Started by SmilingFox, November 30, 2014, 06:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFourthShade

An interesting idea, certainly.  Sounds like one dangerous mofo out there.

Foxy DeVille

Name: Jo Young-hi

Hero Name: Faith

Personality: She's a two-faced, manipulative brat. Due to the nature of her powers, Faith has to play well with others. So she puts on the face of an upbeat and supportive good girl. In reality, Faith is out for herself and her rather shallow interests. There is little she won't do to look out for her own sweet ass. Still, she isn't an evil person at heart, just a superficial and selfish one.

Abilities:

Symbiotic Reality Manipulation: Faith can make a lie she tells be true. For instance, she can tell an attacker that his gun is broken and suddenly it is. Or claim to have a working cell phone and it turns out she does. In order for this incredible ability to work, Faith has to tell the lie and have someone believe her. The stronger their belief, the more she can change reality. Faith has begun experimenting with her talent by seeing if it can work via rumors she spreads and through written words

Other Abilities: Young-hi is bilingual in English and Korean. She also took lessons in taekwondo for around four years. Her singing and dancing are fairly good and she is a decent petty thief.

Origin: Jo Young-hi is the daughter of Korean immigrants to the US. She comes for a rather conservative and religious family who expected her to be a well-behaved and hard-working child. Young-hi played that part but was secretly much more wild. Thanks to a fake ID she got her navel pierced and would go to a lot of nightclubs. She also would occasionally shoplift. Young-hi was so good at projecting a good girl image she was never suspected of doing anything wrong. When she was 16, she took a trip to the city that would become EZ316-A as part of a choir competition. During her stay, the invasion occurred and she was trapped in the city. Survival became easier for her when she discovered her manipulation powers granted by the mutagen. Now 17, she has carved out a pretty good life calling herself Faith and hiding out at an abandoned church with some people she can exploit with her abilities. Faith has become curious about the "Superman Lives" movement and wonders if her own powers can be mutually beneficial with them.

Weaknesses: Faith's abilities depend on how much people believe her. This means she's powerless if there is no one she can communicate with. The robotic Xenos can not directly fuel her reality manipulation. Faith has to be very careful to keep her true nature a secret or else she'll have a hard time getting anyone to believe her lies.

SmilingFox

Alright, that makes five, right? They all look really interesting and creative. I'll probably start an OOC and IC forum sometime tomorrow, but there's still space for maybe one or two more if people are still interested.

ShadowFox89

Name: Whitney Stone

Hero Name: Blastwave

Appearance: Whitney would look like a normal woman in her late teens, if it weren't for the dog ears sticking from the top of her head and the tail poking out from her pants. She stands around 5'2, weighs about 120lbs, and has green eyes with red hair. She tends to dress in a black sweater with blue jeans, a pair of silver rimmed glasses sitting on her face.

Personality: Whitney likes, above all, to have fun and freedom. She sees other people being caged in as if she herself were caged in, which makes her mad. Mistreatment and bullying, likewise, tends to rile her up. Due to the dog genetics she was spliced with, Whitney has a strong sense of protection over her friends, willing to go to any lengths to make them happy. Just watch out for when she's in heat...

Abilities: Whitney has a super-intellect, enhanced reflexes, speed, senses, and strength. The first is a natural gift she was born with, graduating college at the age of thirteen and going on to become a lab assistant at her uncle's chemical lab. The rest are due to the genetic splicing done by the aliens. But her most explosive ability, would be the ability to analyze and break down molecules to create varying degrees of explosions. These explosives can be large enough to flatten a small house to small enough to break the mechanics of a simple lock.

Origin: A Gotham native, Whitney grew up admiring Batman and his cadre of companions. She dreamed of being a crime fighter. But, she tended to get herself into trouble more than help others out of it. Always distracted and hardly ever serious, Whitney wasn't much of a potential crime fighter. When the aliens invaded, Ms.Stone was one of the first captured. The things that they did to her... well, she doesn't talk about it. Which given how talkative she is, should say everything needed. Whitney was released from experimentation, and dropped off in EZ316-A. She immediately declared an abandoned apartment building hers, setting it up for those who were less fortunate with the experiments would have a place to stay and recover.

Weaknesses: Whitney's biggest weakness is that her explosive powers require focus, and Whitney is often thinking of four or more things at once. She also tends towards rash decisions, leaping off at the first sign of trouble to help people or sending an explosion into the face of a thug that accidentally brings down a skyscraper. Less in the personality side of things, the base of her tail and ears tend to be fairly sensitive locations that she tries not to let people touch.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

Oh, you know, Whitney and Lily might just get along, what with wanting to live freely and desiring mutual protection (though Whitney probably can protect herself just fine).

MiraMirror

So, I had an odd little idea.  What if an animal got affected by the gas and ended up mutating into a human/humanoid heroine?
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

indarkestknight

Name: Jonah Kent
Hero Name: Wildcard
Appearance: Still looking
Personality: Jonah is a city boy, but growing up in Metropolis hasn't make him blase about the alien or the incredible.

Jonah believes in Superman - not just in Superman himself, but in what Superman did and what Superman represented for the city of Metropolis. He knows he's no Superman - it's part of why his name doesn't reference the Man of Tomorrow - but he tries to live up to the example that Superman gave. Whether he was given these powers by accident, chance, or fate, with them, he has a responsibility.

Following in those footsteps means that between saving lives and striking a blow against the Xenos, Jonah will choose saving lives every time.
Abilities: Wildcard has access to all the classic Kryptonian powers: super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, flight, x-ray vision, heat vision, telescopic vision, super-hearing, and freezing breath. There is, however, a catch...
Origin: Decades ago, there was a meteor shower in the Kansas city of Smallville. Not long after, Harry Kent, Jonathan Kent's brother, moved to Metropolis, and there he met another recent arrival from Smallville, falling in love with her. Neither knew of the alien radiation they'd been exposed to on the day of the meteor shower, as neither suffered any ill effects. When they finally married and conceived their son, Jonah, the Kryptonian energies that they'd absorbed that day were transferred to him, though they remained latent, and his childhood was as normal as any in Metropolis. Which was to say, it wasn't all that normal, especially once Superman emerged, but Jonah never though he'd ever have superpowers.

That is, until the Dan'shee invasion. Entirely by chance, when the Dan'shee experimented on Jonah, thinking he was like any other human, the experiment interacted unexpectedly with the Kryptonian energies that had been latent in Jonah all his life. Using his newfound powers, he escaped. Since then, he's tried to balance mastering his powers, searching for his parents, and using his new powers to follow the example of the Justice League and the Man of Tomorrow. He's started to investigate the "Superman lives!" rumors and movement, when he can spare the time.
Weaknesses: While Wildcard has access to all the classic Kryptonian powers, he can only use one at a time. If he's flying, he isn't super-strong, isn't invulnerable. Similarly, when he's using his super-strength, he can't fly or use his super-speed, and he isn't invulnerable. Furthermore, while Wildcard generally has control over his powers, when threatened with lethal force, he instinctively, unconsciously switches his active power to invulnerability. For instance, if the Dan'shee wanted to prevent Wildcard from breaking through a large steel door, attacking him with bullets or some other means of lethal force would prevent him from using his superhuman strength. Likewise, while he would retain flight or super-speed if he was able to evade being struck, once hit in mid-flight with lethal force, he would lose the ability to fly until the immediate threat relents. Aside from this, attacks that take advantage of his super-human sight or hearing, such as a stun grenade, could incapacitate him if used while he was using super-human sight or super-human hearing.

TheFourthShade

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on December 08, 2014, 12:59:38 AM
So, I had an odd little idea.  What if an animal got affected by the gas and ended up mutating into a human/humanoid heroine?

Sounds cool!

ShadowFox89

I do like that we're all at most b-lister supers. Makes things interesting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

Edited my backstory for a connection with Whitney discussed in part over IM.

SmilingFox

OOC forum is up here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219144.0

Everyone who's posted a character sheet has been accepted, welcome aboard, hope we all have fun.

indarkestknight

I did notice there seems to be some timeline confusion.

Prime's origin assumes the Dan'shee invasion was long ago enough that they experimented on his parents before he was born, while Faith's origin assumes the Dan'shee invasion was a scant year prior to our start date.

Juggtacular

Fox has pointed out the invasion was just over a year ago. I edited his backstory in the OOC/Character thread.

TheFourthShade

Yeah I had to ask for a past character of mine who would have been affected by the passage of time.

worldeater

can we still submit a character sheet?

I'm almost done with it
A Change of Scenery

SmilingFox

We've got 7 now, so I'm a bit iffy on one more. I'd say post it anyways, and if I think it's interesting enough we can add you in. 8 isn't too bad really. If it gets too much, I can split the party for different missions and such.

worldeater

Name: Yal'ic (Translation: unknown)
Hero Name: Chronic
Appearance:
Yal'ic is made up of numerous bits and pieces that reshape and reform. They are metallic in nature, but seem to be able to form into a liquid shape as well. His humanoid form can be manipulated to form disguises that make him human. The picture used is his combat form and his preferred form.

Yal'ic cannot take a gaseous form.

Personality: Quiet, intelligent, and unresponsive to emotions. Yal'ic is a robotic entity through and through, though his technology does not remain consistent with any known source so far, alien or human. As such, he remains unable to connect to others. He is, however, quite observant and does seem to show more sentience than he lets on. Included with this is his strange need to protect people, though he perceives it more as his intended directive than as a mindset he developed himself.

Abilities:

Adaptation At Its Finest: Yal'ic has the ability to manipulate the very make up of his body to fit the situation at hand. He can do this with his entire body, or simply parts of his body.

Form Manipulation: Yal'ic can break apart, mold shapes, segment off, melt up, or combine back all parts of his body.

Immunity to Electrical Properties: Strangely enough, Yal'ic does not utilize electricity and his forms do not conduct electricity. Magnetic forces and EMPs do nothing to stop him either.

Weaknesses:
He cannot adapt to gain the following properties and also does not have tools to deal with such properties:
1. Creation or Destruction of Mass
2. Production or Control of Gravitational Forces
3. Creation of Biological Entities

He is also susceptible to magic and has no easy answer to magic that simply overpowers him. In addition to this, there is a "core" flaw that hits him the hardest. Though small in size and relatively hard to find, once his core is significantly damaged or destroyed, Yal'ic ceases all functions and shuts down. Regeneration of said core takes days if not weeks to reform and in those moments, the rest of his body disintegrates into nothingness (unless the core is destroyed at which point the rest of his body condenses to form said core). If the core is destroyed in its healing state, he will die.

Origins:
Waking up in a lab would have been the first thing that most creations like him would have seen. Instead, Yal'ic woke up in the sewers of Gotham, air singed and the ground bloodied and crusty with dried crimson. His sentience had not begun to act at that moment and it took a while before he found himself standing where he was. There, he heard his objective . . . or more, felt it in his body.

"Help"

For a moment, the word meant nothing. Help needed to be directed, to be pushed towards so that he would have a target. Without any sort of understanding, he simply stood there as before and watched the floor endlessly. But that was when a distinct feeling came to him, a feeling that he thought he felt somewhere. For a moment, it was as though he felt as though a soul rushed into him, but without a true body to comprehend, he continued to stand as before.

He needed to help people. But who were people? Another rush came and went as he felt his malformed leg shape into something humanoid. He needed to help people . . . no question. He knew who people were, but why did he need to. Because it was . . . good.

But what was good. Yal'ic couldn't think straight as he pushed for another step with his new left leg. Yal'ic technically didn't even know his name until his arm reached forward for nothing . . . or was it something?

Friend

Hearing screams above him, he looked up to take in the world he had ignored. People were there. People needed help and where ever friend was, he would find him.

Whatever it took.

(Currently not knowing if I should have him appear before or after the Dan'Shee's arrival.)
A Change of Scenery

SmilingFox

Sounds fine to me, welcome aboard. Makes for a decently balanced 8 man team, so we can probably work with two 4 man teams for smaller missions. Hopefully things don't get bogged down with the numbers, but I have faith.

worldeater

should he come in before or after the invasion?
A Change of Scenery

SmilingFox

It's up to you, but the story starts a good deal post invasion anyways.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: SmilingFox on December 08, 2014, 08:50:31 PM
Sounds fine to me, welcome aboard. Makes for a decently balanced 8 man team, so we can probably work with two 4 man teams for smaller missions. Hopefully things don't get bogged down with the numbers, but I have faith.

No, I have Faith..  8-)

Mathim

Well, let me know if someone drops out so I might pick up the slack.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).