Doomtown Reloaded (Still Recruiting)

Started by Ciosa, April 04, 2014, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

And of course, it gives me a chance to bust out my trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMl37kHTJso

I did have a better version done but it died with my old computer and trying to transfer it became an exercise in frustration. That said I think I'm better at making them now, so touch wood I should be able to do another version if people are interested.

Josietta

Hiyas chloe!! Hi there Mr Consortium, Fancy meeting you here! ;)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

consortium11

I get around *nudge nudge, wink wink*  :-)

Josietta

*giggles* I can see that!  ^-^

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

esclavage

Quote from: consortium11 on April 05, 2014, 09:27:17 AM
I get around *nudge nudge, wink wink*  :-)

He does.  I can testify to that.   ;D. Now, let me go and hide before Mr. Sinnet comes callin'...

Quote from: yesiroleplay on April 05, 2014, 12:38:17 AM
Marguerite + Whateley = deviltry.

Sort of an inside joke with Ciosa/Sindra there

Do tell, do tell.  Inside jokes are always meant to be shared.  ;)

But on a more serious note, does Ciosa or Sindra have any thoughts to share on the game time?  I remember there was the issue of writers getting out of sync and needing to wait for others to catch up.  Do we have a more definite  way of handling that sort of thing?

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

xPeachyPuff

I'd really love to reuse Annabel, if that's alright (:

- Rainbow ♥

Josietta

I'm gonna send you guys a PM with some questions on my idea for Ms Emmeline. ;)  I definitely have an idea running for it.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

auroraChloe

Quote from: Josietta on April 05, 2014, 09:24:15 AM
Hiyas chloe!! Hi there Mr Consortium, Fancy meeting you here! ;)

hey there, baby duck.   ;)

Quote from: esclavage on April 05, 2014, 09:39:33 AM
But on a more serious note, does Ciosa or Sindra have any thoughts to share on the game time?  I remember there was the issue of writers getting out of sync and needing to wait for others to catch up.  Do we have a more definite  way of handling that sort of thing?

i'm under the impression that characters wanting involvement in main game events/threads are committing to posting minimum 2x's / week.  i kind of wish we could also put on a max posting as well as too many makes it difficult to follow all the story, and for me personally, sucks the joy out of the game.  if the caliber of writing is any where near the first go round, i don't really want to be skipping whole parts of it.   

a/a 8/21/17

SGTDan

My god this was a popular game apparently. No pressure for the new guy.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Mister Grimm

After considering it, I think I'll be bringing Alex back haha. Thought about bringing in a new guy, but want to give him another shot.
Will we be able to make another character later in the game if we decide to kill off/send away the main one? Like putting them on a long bus, never to return lol.
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Josietta

Quote from: SGTDan on April 05, 2014, 10:58:30 AM
My god this was a popular game apparently. No pressure for the new guy.

I'm new to the game too darlin! No worries ;)

Quote from: auroraChloe on April 05, 2014, 10:51:50 AM

hey there, baby duck.   ;)

How are you sweetness?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

auroraChloe

Quote from: Josietta on April 05, 2014, 11:22:20 AM
I'm new to the game too darlin! No worries ;)

How are you sweetness?

good good, sneaking in some keyboard time, though all the 'clicking' has already been mentioned.   ::)
freaking guy; i need to get a new soundless one on order quick.

a/a 8/21/17

Ciosa

First, a quick request:  Please bold questions to the GMs, just so we don't lose anyone.

Welcome to new faces and old!

Quote from: esclavage on April 05, 2014, 09:39:33 AM

One of the differences this time around is we're intending to make more use of an arc-based system.  We tried using it on a large scale with Something Wicked, but that didn't work out like we'd hoped.  Instead, we're going to use the Gazette as a clearing house for adventures.  Players can post requests - (I'm hunting me a Maze Dragon!) - and we'll also be putting up arcs regularly that are tied to the major factions.  Arcs will be 1-4 players, and on each arc we'll post a few general things so you have a rough idea what you'll be getting into.  For post in the sandbox areas - there is no requirement.  Some people post slower than others, so if you're looking to run a scene with someone, ask about their posting rate.  If other people are running a scene, even if its open, it is polite to 'knock' first in OOC or PM.  (If your character is just strolling by and observes them in conversation but doesn't include themselves in the scene, that's different.)  If you are crawling up the walls to write and want someone who can commit to ten posts a day, you ought to communicate that as well.

Within arcs - with multi-player arcs, we are asking for one of two solutions:  Either be willing to reply within 24 hours when it is your 'turn,' or sign up with a group of similar-rate posters who all agree to waive this timetable.  That said, we are only allowing players to commit to one arc at a time.  (These are GM run, and our time is limited.)  We also may not be running arcs for everyone all the time.  It's my goal to keep 1-2 player generated arcs in play all the time, and one arc for each of the major factions.  There is no requirement to sign up for an arc - they'll offer in game benefits, but they are not a requirement to playing the game.  (And if you're crazy busy in RL, it might not be the best time to sign up for one.)

Quote from: Mister Grimm on April 05, 2014, 11:09:05 AM
Will we be able to make another character later in the game if we decide to kill off/send away the main one? Like putting them on a long bus, never to return lol.

No, if your character dies or leaves Gomorra, I will send Cthulu to your house to eat you, the player.

Just kidding.  No, of course you can choose to change characters.  If the game goes on for a while, we may consider a 'reincarnation' system that will allow people to recoup part of their accrued bounty in a new character.  (Particularly if they had a dramatic death which was an excellent conclusion to a story and generated new game yumminess.)

Loves

When would you like the character sheets in?
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Josietta

Quote from: auroraChloe on April 05, 2014, 11:34:32 AM

good good, sneaking in some keyboard time, though all the 'clicking' has already been mentioned.   ::)
freaking guy; i need to get a new soundless one on order quick.

Darn guys!  Tell him to put in some earplugs! ;D

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Ciosa

Quote from: Loves on April 05, 2014, 12:00:06 PM
When would you like the character sheets in?

There's no particular due date - and if you need help doing the numbers for character creation, shoot me a PM.  We probably won't be attempting to go live for at least a week - and that will likely just be opening the sandbox, and a new OOC.  Arcs will be coming later.

Loves

Quote from: Ciosa on April 05, 2014, 12:04:42 PM
There's no particular due date - and if you need help doing the numbers for character creation, shoot me a PM.  We probably won't be attempting to go live for at least a week - and that will likely just be opening the sandbox, and a new OOC.  Arcs will be coming later.

Thank you :)  I will certainly take you up on your offer to help.

Claiming Penelope Cruz for my charater :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Michael Corvus

I'd really love to be a part of this game. Would it be okay if I joined?
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

xPeachyPuff

Yeah, definitely bringing back Annabel.

Just letting people know that her face claim is Kate Upton.

- Rainbow ♥

Untamed Skies

I'd like to be apart of this game myself. It's really caught my interest

Sindra

Quote from: Untamed Skies on April 05, 2014, 02:53:20 PM
I'd like to be apart of this game myself. It's really caught my interest

Most excellent, Untamed Skies.  Ciosa and I know that there's a lot of information on the wiki so if you have any questions about character creation or anything else, please feel free to send us a PM.

Ciosa

Quote from: Michael Corvus on April 05, 2014, 02:27:40 PM
I'd really love to be a part of this game. Would it be okay if I joined?

PM sent.

Ciosa

I'm going to be putting up a brand spankin' new OOC later, so that people can put up face claims.

Please note:  Players with previous characters will have first dibs on faces, and pre-established NPCs in the old doomtown threads and on the wikis will keep their appearances.  I'll compile a list of the people who's faces have been 'used,' for quick reference, but it's a lower priority.  For now, if you have a face in mind, you may want to jump on claiming it here.

auroraChloe

Jaelyn will have the same face :  Anni Jürgenson  Barbara Palvin

sorry about the mix up! 

this face :

with this character profile image:

a/a 8/21/17

Untamed Skies

So I guess while I still can I'm going to lay a stake on

Chris Hemsworth