News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Thundercats (Hooo~!) [Accepting 1 M and 2 F]

Started by Dark Deception, September 22, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

I've put up the OOC and the Character Thread. You can find the links to those threads on the front page. I recommend you bookmark them.

Players who have had their profiles approved can go ahead and move their character profiles to the Character Thread. Those who have yet to be approved may not.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Dark Deception

Nimara and Karasu, be sure to keep us updated with "away" status. I know Karasu is waiting for a response from Nimara, but I'm wondering what's the hold up? How long are we going to have to wait?

Karasu

if Nimara hasn't updated hers or posted it by tomorrow afternoon I'll be taking it as she's not wanting to play anymore and finishing my prince on my own.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

VNConsort

Name: Leona Leomedes
Race: Lion
Height: 5'6
Weight: 140 lb (70 kg)

Visual Appearance:

Written Appearance: Leona's short soft fur is a light russet color, with fawn markings on her face, down her backside and along her hands and feet.  She likes to wear her dark crimson mane casually around the palace but prefers to tie it up when on duty or training.  Her crystalline blue eyes are usually warm, but sometimes detached as if in deep thought. 

Leona also has a long tail that matches her darker fur and with long dark red fur at the end. 

Personality: Cynical, Pragmatic, Steady, Warm (initially), Ambitious

-Heavy weapons: Swinging weapons are best.
-Feats of strength or agility: Especially if she gets to participate.
-Being royal: At least she's honest.
-Her twin brother:  Her closest confidant
-Men and women.

Dislikes:
-Failure on the battlefield.
-Those who speak ill of the future of the throne.
-Disrespect
-Insubordination

Quirks/Flaws: Her desire to see power in her hands often sends her down interesting paths through her life.  She often is quick to protect her brother or bend her judgment in favor of his.   Leona's ambition have been known to cloud her judgment as well, but she has been lucky so far to have close companions correct her logic.

Talents: Her strength is often unmatched after many years of honing her prowess.  Often taking her brother's place on the training grounds has left her with sharpened senses in many forms of combat.  After a long day, she is also often seen among popular taverns drinking merrily away, but never seen drunk.

Background: Leona has lived a life dedicated to her upbringing as royalty.  Alongside her dear twin brother, she was raised in a world that few got to see.  A young cub Leona had to learn the hard way that a royal life did not mean all fun and games.  There were expectations to be met and decisions to be made.  She keeps several long time companions with her from a young age.  Her brother is her closest companion and her personality changes around him as well as her flexibility when it comes to duty.  She tries to balance her extra time in the nearby communities, bolstering the good name of the royal family. 

As of recently, she works among the army, keeping a watchful eye for her father and even doing him special favors when he is too busy to visit the barracks. 

Weapon(s): Halberd, heavy swinging axe end.  Thick, heavy, but constructed to pick up momentum.
Special Ability: Exceptional Constitution.  Leona can always find strength to continue. 
Style: Leona spends much time balance both offensive and defensive properties of her Halberd.  She keeps her distance from her foes with fast sweeping of her blade or quick jabs from her pole.  While she prefers to have her foe at pole's length, she can take on the brunt of attacks against her weapon as well. 

Weaponless, Leona is calm and quick but often takes defensive movements until a better opportunity arises. 
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Karasu

Name: Leonaar Leomedes
Race: Lion
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 194 lbs [88 Kilograms]
Visual Appearance: http://e621.net/post/show/146042/blue_eyes-boots-feline-lion-male-riot41-solo-tail
Written Appearance: Standing at 5'6" this red maned male lion of emerald eyes wears and orange oclored vest and pants that leave his thighs open to the wind but groin hidden from sight. He wears knee length leather boots, a belt that goes between his legs and around his hips, and a black skin tight shirt beneath his vest.
Personality: Shy, Submisive to sum in a couple of words He can be quite agressive if his family or loved ones are threatened.
-Meat Pies
-Strong men/women
-Whips and swords
-Music, song and dance (Arts in other words)
Dislikes:
-Dis respect
-Insubordination
-Anyone threatening his family or sister
Quirks/Flaws: His own submissiveness is often his weakness, when confronted with sexual acts the boy will stutter, stumble and become embarassed quickly.
Talents: Sing (some), Play an instrument, Whip dance (that is dancing with a whip as the main prop, usually his whipped blade or a variant)
Background: Growing up, a lot of weight was usually placed upon his shoulders, but it became quite clear that the princeling was not the warrior his father was, insted taking after their gentler mother and tending to act feminine, soo long as His sister was not threatened. one coudl never find as close a set of twins as they, evne if usually he let her take his place in training, he was still very proficient with the sword whip like his mother.

To this day Leonaar is known as the kind hearted prince, ever seen with his siter when in the community, being a gentle and kind but fair prince.

Weapon(s): Chain Whip.
Special Ability: Translation. He is able to read and understand Ancient text.
Style: Acrobatics is a favored style of the prince, but always does he take time to study his opponent (if he can) and use hsi brain rather than his brawn.

Dark Deception

Nimara: You're missing Written Appearance in your profile.If you fill that out, then I'll check over it. You're pretty much done once you add that.

Karasu: There's a converter on Google. Simply type in pounds, press the button, and kilograms pop out. Write a written description any way. Saphir pretty much wrote exactly what his character's picture looked like, but offer one any way. Is your weapon a sword or a whip because if it can be used as a sword, and then transform into a whip at the push of a button, I'm going to have to say no (that makes it a hybrid weapon). If you're trying to make a weapon like Ivy from Soul Calibur or that one guy from Bleach, I can't permit it because it's not an actual weapon. The closest thing I can recommend though is a chain whip.

VNConsort

Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Dark Deception

Nimara: Approved. You may post it over on the Character Thread. lol Interesting to have a warrior princess.

Karasu

I'll update mine first hting in the morning DD I need to sleep now.

VNConsort

I'm so excited, can't wait!

Edit: Nevermind, I don't have to! xD Of course there are OOC and two threads already, wheeee.
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Dark Deception

Karasu, your profile is approved. You can move it over to the character thread.

Dark Deception

Recruitment is open once again. I will be accepting 1 application for a female character and 1 application for a male character. This game is based off of Thundercats, specifically the 2011 version, however we don't run it along with the show's storyline. We run it our way, so you don't have to have seen the show to join this game.

To clarify, Thundercats are not "furries" or anthropomorphs. They're more like humanoids that resemble more human than cat. However, I will be permitting pictures of Nekos or Anthropomorphs if you can't find a picture that resembles a Thundercat. Don't know what a Thundercat looks like? Go on Google Images and see for yourself.

Whatever animal isn't under reserve is open. We do allow non-Cat species, but your character will be treated as a prisoner when he or she comes to Cat's Lair.

Right now in the RP, we're in a relaxed period before the plot is going to kick off. This is allowing players to interact and relationships (not entirely romantic) between characters to be seen or built. Once the main plot begins, I will be closing this recruitment thread once again whether I have 2 people or not.

Clarifying again, this is not a smut game. There are sexual themes, and blah blah in it, but this isn't a one-night-stand RP. There is a storyline here, and the storyline is above the smut. So if you're coming here looking for just smut, turn around. This isn't your game.

Dark Deception

Updated the front page to show what species are available.

Rochester

Provided you're still seeking a female character, I was wondering...
Your first post mentions servants and maidservants, but would there be perhaps royal concubines?
If not, I'd be interested in a maid/servant role. What cat species are still available to be had?
мαġηα εŝτ vεяιτąŝ ετ pяαεvąℓεЬιτ
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart.
Ons & Offs | Rabbit Hole | Plot Ideas | Plot Index | Absences   

Ramael

Any species not yet taken. Jaguars haven't been seen yet, and our resident panther dropped out so that's open again, bobcats haven't been seen as a main character...I don't know what the deal is in domesticated species, but I think a Siamese character would be fun. Also, hard to find pics-wise.

Dark Deception

Quote from: Rochester on October 15, 2011, 06:55:47 AM
Provided you're still seeking a female character, I was wondering...
Your first post mentions servants and maidservants, but would there be perhaps royal concubines?
If not, I'd be interested in a maid/servant role. What cat species are still available to be had?

Pretty much what Ramael said.

As for concubines, with how the characters are, I don't think concubines will be an exciting role nor will you get the action you're hoping a concubine would get (I'm making this assumption based on the personalities of most of the characters already in-game including NPCs). There are only 2 royal family players, 1 soldier, 2 clerics (one of those clerics posing as a kitchen hand), 2 friends of the royal family, and 1 thief commoner. Everything else is NPCed.

You're welcome to play a maidservant.

Rochester

Is there a concise list of character profiles? And are we going off of 80's Thundercats or the modern remake?

Dark Deception

2011 version, you can find a link to the Character Thread on the front page under Links.

Rochester

Oh, duh! *smacks forehead*
Okay, I skimmed through every link page and I have a revised idea to suggest. If it's retarded just say so, I'm totally fine scrapping it and coming up with something else.

I was thinking since the queen is dead and has been for a while, the king might have a concubine to uh, fill the void. Someone he toys with but has no real love for, perhaps grateful affection at the most. She knows she has no chance at being queen, nor does she have a desire to be, and in fact she's secretly in love with someone else. Like perhaps the kitchen boy...

y/n?

Dark Deception

It seems okay to me, but I don't think the twins will be able to respect their father, but it makes some between-character drama. They loved their mother a lot and to see him trying to heal his wounds with another woman, may anger them, but idk. I'll ask the players of the twins what they think.

As for you, I approve it if you want to use it.

Rochester

That was the plan. Complex family relationships seem to be my specialty, ha. Oh boy, what does that say about me? Anyways.
I'll write up a profile~~

VNConsort

As the player of the Princess, I don't really mind too much.  The plot hasn't started so there isn't much to change.  I'm sure Leona will be at least peeved at the idea. 

Like the royal family friends, you can take some liberty with how well you know the twins.  Now that I don't have to wait for Panthrix's reply (sadface), I'll get along with a post.
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Rochester

Name: Catriona
Race: White Serval
Height: 5'3
Weight: 130lbs
Written Appearance: Catriona has a thundercat and fleur de lis design tattooed high on her left thigh that identifies her on sight as property of the royal family, and as such under their protection.
Personality: Catriona is not naturally a soft-spoken woman. In her mind she is opinionated and thoughful and she burns with a vibrant love of life. But outwardly she mostly keeps to herself, unless she is in the company of someone she trusts. This is rare, due to her occupation some people don't respect her and others outright hate her - regarding her as an insult to the queen. Although the life of a courtesan was not her choice, she bears these people no ill will. She is extremely caring and understanding, and for the most part she just wants a real friend.
Likes: Fresh fruit, music and dancing, art, and sincerity in others. (And also the kitchen boy, Lynx.)
Dislikes: Rude people or two-faced people, bad hygeine, and asparagus.
Quirks/Flaws: Sometimes she'll forget herself and speak her mind before she remembers she's supposed to be seen and not heard. Her job is to be elaborately beautiful at all times, so sometimes she comes across as conceited or narcissistic because she's so involved with her appearance.
Talents: She can sing and dance very well, and can play most instruments at least a little bit. She admires art in others but isn't an artist herself. She has no trained fighting skills to speak of.
Background: Catriona was born in servitude. Her mother was a courtesan before her, and when she was impregnated by a noble, she was disgraced and became a scullery maid. She raised her daughter as a courtesan so that she wouldn't have to work in a kitchen her whole life, although Catriona never minded the work. When she first started, she found she had a talent for it, and also that it allowed her to pursue music as a hobby, something she desperately loves. After the death of the queen, a noble close to the crown presented Catriona to the king hoping to ease his pain and perhaps advance a political career with the favor.
Weapon(s): Lute?
Special Ability: Her voice is disarmingly beautiful, especially when she sings.
Style: If she learned to fight, it would probably be a dervish style, reflecting all of her training in dance.

Dark Deception

Love it. Especially, how she's a white serval and uses a lute as a possible weapon lol. I've never seen the white serval before, but when I looked it up, seems like a very adorable cat. Go on ahead and add yourself to the Character Thread and give a Hello to all those in the OOC. I'll add your character's name to the list.

Dark Deception

Oh, wait, wait, wait. You have to change her name to something more "thundercat"-ish. In Thundercats, everyone's name was taken from the race of cat they were. If you looked at the Character Thread, you'd notice everyone has been following this theme. Since your character's a white serval, I'm sure Servina or something along those lines would do.