Marvel: Civil War (Freeform Superhero PvP) [Recruitment]

Started by Totoro, December 04, 2017, 06:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Sun Wukong on December 05, 2017, 04:26:29 AM
Glad to have your interest. I think I can guess who's team you'll be on, too.

LOL Well, if I see a character I love to play that for the opposite team... :P
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Totoro

Quote from: persephone325 on December 05, 2017, 04:49:27 PM
LOL Well, if I see a character I love to play that for the opposite team... :P

I was expecting a firm 'Team cap or nothin''

persephone325

Quote from: Sun Wukong on December 05, 2017, 05:10:55 PM
I was expecting a firm 'Team cap or nothin''

XD It's more like "Team Bucky or nothing". lmao (Side note: OMG INFINITY WAR TRAILER!!! *flails about*)

Could we play a character for each side?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Totoro

Quote from: persephone325 on December 05, 2017, 05:16:03 PM
XD It's more like "Team Bucky or nothing". lmao (Side note: OMG INFINITY WAR TRAILER!!! *flails about*)

Could we play a character for each side?

I don't see Bucky on team Stark.

Loved the Infinity War trailer.

Not sure on the sides but I think so. One aspect I'm indecisive on, fighting yourself isn't ideal, but it might help balance things a bit.

This being a PvP game some rules are definitely needed. Their purpose is to encourage storytelling over treating this like a sport or competitive online game, not to stifle creativity or cause rules-based arguments. Hoping everyone'll be able to get along/discuss things and have a fun, friendly OOC rivalry but a real war IC. It can be hard to get all that across fully in a set of brief rules, but the intent should be pretty clear. Should be noted characters can die and should debate getting into suicidal fights, which may come up.

Not in the rules yet but for now I'm saying 2 PC's each and can be on either side. If there's enough interest it'll stay at two, if it feels empty or enough players want more it can go up to three.

Rules

1. Do not cause or participate in drama - In a game revolving around PvP conflict is key. Characters are encouraged to disagree and fight. Players OOC are not. If you have an issue with another players posts IC or OOC let me know, or if it's severe contact staff. Should be simple enough but I'm really enforcing a no tolerance policy on this.
2. Do not godmode - Whether you're fighting NPC's or PC's do not control or assume the actions of another character. You're highly likely to get it wrong, and even if not it takes away from their ability to play their own character or mine to portray NPC's consistently. This includes writing the results of attacks such as injury or death.
3. PvP Understanding - All characters have strengths and weaknesses. They will have successes and failures and suffer the results of both. If your PC decides to storm the Outcasts solo, they do not have plot armour and will die. In essence nobody can always win, and fights should be played out freeform and if the result is disputed I will have to decide. If I do, what I say is final.
Story-Crafting - This is not a competition. It is an effort to tell a story collaboratively. Sometimes losing makes more sense, fits the narrative and can continue into a turn around victory later on. If you're here to 'Win' OOC, you're in the wrong place. Friendly rivalry is encouraged and IC everyone should try to win, but there's no real life prize for it.
Smut - Not at all the focus. Any smut should be taken to 1x1 threads, no ifs or buts. The game threads are for story-related posts.

persephone325

Quote from: Sun Wukong on December 05, 2017, 05:40:07 PM
I don't see Bucky on team Stark.

Loved the Infinity War trailer.

Not sure on the sides but I think so. One aspect I'm indecisive on, fighting yourself isn't ideal, but it might help balance things a bit.

This being a PvP game some rules are definitely needed. Their purpose is to encourage storytelling over treating this like a sport or competitive online game, not to stifle creativity or cause rules-based arguments. Hoping everyone'll be able to get along/discuss things and have a fun, friendly OOC rivalry but a real war IC. It can be hard to get all that across fully in a set of brief rules, but the intent should be pretty clear. Should be noted characters can die and should debate getting into suicidal fights, which may come up.

Not in the rules yet but for now I'm saying 2 PC's each and can be on either side. If there's enough interest it'll stay at two, if it feels empty or enough players want more it can go up to three.

Rules

1. Do not cause or participate in drama - In a game revolving around PvP conflict is key. Characters are encouraged to disagree and fight. Players OOC are not. If you have an issue with another players posts IC or OOC let me know, or if it's severe contact staff. Should be simple enough but I'm really enforcing a no tolerance policy on this.
2. Do not godmode - Whether you're fighting NPC's or PC's do not control or assume the actions of another character. You're highly likely to get it wrong, and even if not it takes away from their ability to play their own character or mine to portray NPC's consistently. This includes writing the results of attacks such as injury or death.
3. PvP Understanding - All characters have strengths and weaknesses. They will have successes and failures and suffer the results of both. If your PC decides to storm the Outcasts solo, they do not have plot armour and will die. In essence nobody can always win, and fights should be played out freeform and if the result is disputed I will have to decide. If I do, what I say is final.
Story-Crafting - This is not a competition. It is an effort to tell a story collaboratively. Sometimes losing makes more sense, fits the narrative and can continue into a turn around victory later on. If you're here to 'Win' OOC, you're in the wrong place. Friendly rivalry is encouraged and IC everyone should try to win, but there's no real life prize for it.
Smut - Not at all the focus. Any smut should be taken to 1x1 threads, no ifs or buts. The game threads are for story-related posts.

True. But I didn't see him listed for the Team Cap roster, so I wasn't sure if he was even available. I didn't want to make assumptions about anything.

I had one more question, but it slipped my mind. >.< If it comes back to me, I'll pop in again. lol
I don't know.

Totoro

Quote from: persephone325 on December 05, 2017, 07:05:32 PM
True. But I didn't see him listed for the Team Cap roster, so I wasn't sure if he was even available. I didn't want to make assumptions about anything.

I had one more question, but it slipped my mind. >.< If it comes back to me, I'll pop in again. lol

Cap roster's almost empty, it's to be filled by players. Potential characters list includes 'The Winter Soldier', but I can only really imagine him on one team.

persephone325

Quote from: Sun Wukong on December 05, 2017, 07:12:43 PM
Cap roster's almost empty, it's to be filled by players. Potential characters list includes 'The Winter Soldier', but I can only really imagine him on one team.

That's what I meant. The potential characters list. >.< Derp.

I don't know how I missed him there. O_o Probably because I'm not used to seeing "The" in front of it. lmao My mistake.
I don't know.

Totoro

Quote from: persephone325 on December 05, 2017, 07:17:15 PM
That's what I meant. The potential characters list. >.< Derp.

I don't know how I missed him there. O_o Probably because I'm not used to seeing "The" in front of it. lmao My mistake.

No idea why I put 'The' either, in your defence. But he's absolutely available.

Dhi

Quote from: Sun Wukong on December 05, 2017, 05:40:07 PM

Oh, this is not for me then. It sounds amazing otherwise and I hope you have fun with it!

Totoro

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2017, 07:25:20 PM
Oh, this is not for me then. It sounds amazing otherwise and I hope you have fun with it!

My bad on that bit, should've been up sooner. Thanks for the well wishes.

Backdraft

Okay, I'm in. I'll just have to always be on my laptop forever.

Now I just have to decide between Spidey and Wolverine. They're both such uncannily amazing characters.

A joke for Sun, since he runs Justice League: Founding as well.

Totoro

Quote from: Backdraft on December 05, 2017, 07:54:33 PM
Okay, I'm in. I'll just have to always be on my laptop forever.

Now I just have to decide between Spidey and Wolverine. They're both such uncannily amazing characters.

A joke for Sun, since he runs Justice League: Founding as well.

Sweet. Either's welcome.

Very different brands of grim and brooding on those two.

Kadigan

Potentially interested...deciding between the 9,000 characters in my head and then I'll wittle it down to 3 and then chose wrong again...buuuut...

Leaning towards Jessica Jones or Squirrel Girl...or if anyone were interested in Cloak..Dagger.

persephone325

I do like Dagger, but I've only got to play her once.

I'm like you; with a bunch of characters in my head and can't decide which ones I want. lol
I don't know.

Totoro

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on December 05, 2017, 09:16:56 PM
Potentially interested...deciding between the 9,000 characters in my head and then I'll wittle it down to 3 and then chose wrong again...buuuut...

Leaning towards Jessica Jones or Squirrel Girl...or if anyone were interested in Cloak..Dagger.

Jessica Jones or Cloak both probably fit the tone a bit better.

Quote from: persephone325 on December 05, 2017, 09:35:15 PM
I do like Dagger, but I've only got to play her once.

I'm like you; with a bunch of characters in my head and can't decide which ones I want. lol

I will say if nobody picks him up there's a good chance Bucky gets NPC'd as I like having him around for Civil War.

HockeyGod

Oh mylanta Sun, another awesome game? My plate is definitely full, but let me see if I can eat something off of it!

Totoro

Quote from: HockeyGod on December 06, 2017, 01:17:14 PM
Oh mylanta Sun, another awesome game? My plate is definitely full, but let me see if I can eat something off of it!

Mylanta is apparently a heartburn medication, so not sure how to take that one. But glad to see you here.

Kuroneko

I'm going to wait to see if this drums up any more interest before I finish a sheet. If there's no PC's for Stark's side it would be hard to make the game work, I think.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

TheBlackThrone

I can easily convert my character over to Stark's side.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Totoro

Cool. I'm just waiting on a bunch of CS's but this game can easily get pretty big, the more the merrier for this kind of thing.

Amarlo

I am... extremely tempted, but unfortunately I don't think I have the time or space for this game at this time. :( Much sad is me, you have terrible timing! D<

However, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this for the future! ;D

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Totoro

Quote from: Amarlo on December 08, 2017, 05:45:17 AM
I am... extremely tempted, but unfortunately I don't think I have the time or space for this game at this time. :( Much sad is me, you have terrible timing! D<

However, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this for the future! ;D

Recruitment will be ongoing unless the game winds up massive, and I don't see it becoming bigger than I'd want so you're welcome to let me know down the line.

Backdraft

Spidey can be either or. I've been leaning toward's Cap's side, but if there's only like two people on Stark's, then I can join in on that side.

Kuroneko

If you're waiting on a bunch of sheets, or have had interest outside of the thread then let me know and I'll finish up mine ;-)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Totoro

Mostly just the interest stated in here but the more finalised sheets I've got the more I can work out what the team balances look like.

If anyone wants something to look at for a reference on the kind of formatting/length and content I'm looking for here are three example CS's.

Captain America: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=273425.msg13692396#msg13692396

Iron Man: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=273425.msg13692397#msg13692397

Magneto: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=273425.msg13709847#msg13709847

May also help decide on teams. When people confirm what they want I can start making sign up sheets so we know how many are on each side.