Mortal Kombat Redux (New players welcome!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Psst. You guys should totally post in the OOC thread. ;D

But yeh, Venom is quite welcome. Same for you, charles. Though as I mentioned before, I have no issue with a little beastiness from time to time. Just not all the time, and I can't speak for everyone else.  ;)

Faeli

I'm not the DM, but seeing as the IC thread hasn't been posted yet, I'm going to say yes

Saphir

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're still accepting characters.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I had idea for a concept for Knight Templar, however the order was pretty much dissolved at 1312 official letter from the pope and 1314 the grand master of the order was burned at stake. So could there been possibly a time travel involved or could char be a descendant of one original knight templars and his family holding the tradition despite it is considered capital crime? That char would not fight not just save earth but 'restore honor' of the order in fighting in the ultimate last crusade to prove the valor of the templars of the old.

Faeli

Ah yes... the Knights Templar, who swore vows of Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience and then, eventually, broke all three :P

My advice would be to write whatever character you find most appealing, and then submit it.  The DM seems rather accepting.

At a thought, I would say that either having a knight who was captured in outland hundreds of years ago and trained as a gladiator (since time works differently in Outland) or your second idea would both work well :)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, indeed shameful past. I think if I go with a guy who is descendant and embraces the high ideals (including all three oaths), he would join tournament as form of penance to get knights templars sins cleansed from world's memory or such by Raiden's offer (a bit ironic he is strong in christian faith and he accepts word from a 'pagan god').

If wondering how sex or such would even work with guy who has vow for chastity? Well, I thinked it may intrigue some women who actually expect men to use their defeated opponents (like Venom) and then meet a guy who does not do it? I do not say my knight is immune to seduction or developing a relationship but I intent play him as kind of 'blushing choir boy' sort charm with him.

Inerrant Lust

Could always go the Assassin's Creed route and say the Templars are still around- except in hiding.

Well... maybe not have the whole 'fighting for hundreds of years over pieces of eden' thing, but you know what I mean.

And I'm always accepting players for this. Even as we go along.

Almost done the first IC post now..

ShadowFox89

Profession: Hephaestus Priestess
Origin: Earthrealm (Greece)
Resides: Earthrealm
Species: Human (pyromancer)
Weapons: Fists
Fighting Style: Pankration, fire manipulation
Alignment: Good... tricked into evil.

About her: A priestess of the god Hephaestus, Thyella served her god faithfully. She was born in a time when Christianity had yet to dot Europe with it's churches. From a young age, she was skilled with manipulating flames. It was seen as a great blessing, a favor of her god. Thyella served faithfully for years, until the temple came under attack by evil forces. Thyella, in an effort to stop the army, called upon her full strength to engulf them in flames. This expended much of her power, causing her body to crystallize and go into stasis.

It wasn't for hundreds of years that the ruins of the temple would be found. Thyella, entombed as a crystalline statue, was found still posed to summon her strength. That was how Shang Tsung found her. Using his sorcery, he freed her from her prison, then told her how the forces of the current world had defiled the temple and removed the memory of her god from history. Then he promised to change all that, if she would fight for him.

OOC Notes Her 'clothes' are made from fire, and disappear when she's defeated, leaving her essentially naked.
Permissions match-making, coin toss, forced exhibitionism, non-consensual, sexality.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Faeli

In the event any of you aren't following the OOC thread for whatever reason:

1)  Bend over, you naughty thing
2)  We've started

Inerrant Lust

We could use more male outworlders...

I was planning on making one of my own... but instead I had an idea for a female I just had to go with. Although I'm still not certain about it.. might ret-con it before I introduce her. Hmmm... I need to come up with some ideas for villainous male characters now...

kckolbe

I've been semi-lurking, what kinda villain ya need?  Feel free to PM if ya want to discuss some secrets.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Also I could make a villain also if there is really need for outworlder villains :).

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my char concept.

Count Crimson
Profession: A dark knight, captain of Shao Kahn's royal guard
Origin: Earthrealm (France, Paris)
Resides: Outworld
Species: Human vampire (half-Vaeternus vampire)
Weapons: Longsword
Fighting Style: Templar Swordcraft (most superior european swordcraft ever developed and finessed)
Alignment: Evil

About Count Crimson: Count Crimson was born as Philipe de Malenquis, into a minor french noble family in year 1270. His father was part of knight templars as banker but Philipe wanted to enter Holy Land and help with the crusades early on in his childhood. So he was placed as knight in training and he became full time squire in age of seven to veteran local knight and he earned his spurs at early age of fourteen. He then entered Knight Templars and took oaths and became devoted man of god and warrior of crusade. He trained two years more before he was granted to be full time knight templar and he departed to Holy Land in age of sixteen in year 1286. However knight templars were already in decline and losing ground there but he fought none the less and earned more than his rank and experience in blood shed and battles. He fought until in year 1303 he was last surviving templars who left from their last foothold from Holy Land and returned to France after seventeen years being gone. He had gained grand master title as templar and led personally sixty templars under his command.

In year 1307 Philipe was arrested from varied crimes which he never did (and so did his other men in his charge) by church inquisition and by royal guard. He was tortured along his men in dungeons until they were forced to confess the crimes which they did not commit, once released he wrote denial to the confessions which he told only ease the torture. More than half his men had died in hands of torturers. Order was disbanded at 1312 officially and he was arrested again and held in dungeon until at year 1314 he was condemned to be burned on stake, slowly, for his sins by order of the pope and the church!

He was alongside with Jacques de Molay and he took a calm demeanor when facing his punishment while declaring that those who have sinned against god shall be punished by angel of wrath! However unlike Jacques he had secretly lost faith in humanity and god and now believed only to vengeance, in that moment Shang Tsung contacted him while flames started lick on his flesh and gave him offering; swear his soul and life serve Shao Khan as his warrior and Shang Tsung would ensure Philipe will gain immortality and chance for revenge those who wronged him. Silently Philipe accepted the dark offer and so he burned on stake but at full moon night from ashes he reformed anew; as a vampire created by Shang Tsung based on vampire species which moved in Outworld but also enhanced in different ways than them. Philipe had his revenge and departed from Earthworld for good to make good from his end of bargain; by becoming a dark warrior in service of Shao Khan and over time his prowess in battle which was heightened by his vampire state and mastering his powers he became captain of royal guard.

He is dark templar, once man of god and defender of humanity but now was monster who had forsaken god and was now scourge of humanity.

Permissions: Match-Making, Coin Toss, Sexality, Non-Consensual, Physical Torture, Dismemberment (only if allowed regen from experience)

Thorn14

Reposting my old character.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Fatin "Desert Blossom" Nejem

Resides:  No where, but based in Istanbul 

Species:  Human 

Weapons:  2 wheel-lock rifles with arabic runes on them. They glow with a faint yellow energy. An ornamental Kris as well.

Fighting Style:  Fires two guns with magical bullets and energy in them. She also uses a martial arts focused on kicks and some grapples.

Alignment:  As good as an assassin can be 

History: Born to a wealthy lord under the Sultan, Fatin was raised to curry favor with the Sultan as a gift to be a concubine to the Sultan in his harem. While not too thrilled, Fatin had no choice in the matter. However in the day before, she was attacked by a mugger in the market. She decided to chase him down, and blew the poor man into smitherines with a huge yellow and black glob of energy. Before things could get worse, she was whisked away by the sultan's guards where it was discovered she had a strong magical talent. For the next couple of years she was trained to be an agent for the sultan instead, taking out political and dangerous targets to the sultanate. However she was always under the reminder that if she did not do well, she would be taken back to resume her first task she was going to be assigned to. one she was not thrilled about.

Limits: Matchmaking Okay, Coin Toss Okay, don't want death or dismemberment, rape or NC is okay, I like mind control or manipulation too.

Faeli

Thorn14

I would but its a school night, and I need sleep nao. I do like your character a lot though Faeli!

Deathnote

I've got two ideas for characters, one for an Earthrealmer and one for an Outworlder.

Earthrealm Kombatant
Wind
Origin: Earthrealm (China)
Resides: Earthrealm
Species: Human (/w Berserk Blood)
Weapons: Xuě yǐn dāo (Snow-Fed Sabre)
Fighting Style: Bīng xīn jué, Niè jiā bù fǎ, Ào hán liù jué, Fēng shén tuǐ
Alignment: Good

About Wind: Niè Yīng was a famous martial artist who once took on the Fire Qilin, a flaming beast who ravaged the lands.  He was able to injure the Fire Qilin, but accidentally swallowed some of its blood and as a result became cursed with "Berserk Blood".  Not wishing to harm his loved ones whenever he went berserk, he left them and sought out help from his friend, the master of the Sword-Worshipping Villa. After studying the problem together, they realised that the way to curb Niè Yīng's syndrome was to forge an 'icy' weapon to keep his 'fiery' temperament under control. Niè Yīng's friend started forging the sword for him, but did not live to see its completion as the forging process lasted for numerous decades. Niè Yīng ultimately went berserk and became a menace to the martial arts community.  When he regained his senses, he imprisoned himself inside a cave and eventually died there before a cure was found for him.

Unfortunately for Niè Yīng's descendents, the Berserk Blood curse was hereditary and was eventually passed down to Wind.  The curse increased his powers drastically whenever he was angered, but as a side effect he would enter a state of uncontrollable rage and become a monstrous beast in human form.  One of the ways to combat this was Bīng xīn jué (Frozen Heart Technique), a technique that allowed him to calm his mind, which was passed down to him by his father.  Another thing he inherited from his ancestors was the Snow-Fed Sabre, an icy weapon that could further keep his curse under control.

Following in the footsteps of his father and the rest of his ancestors, when Wind came of age he started travelling the lands and became a formidable warrior.  He found himself regularly slaying monsters and taking out bandits.  When he was called upon to participate in Mortal Kombat and defend Earthrealm, he readily accepted the responsibility of that task.

Permissions: Match-Making, Coin Toss, Disfigurement, Physical Torture, NC, Death

Outworld Kombatant
Savage
Profession: Vampire Lord
Origin: Earthrealm (Iceland)
Resides: Otherworld
Species: Hellspawned Revenant and Vampire
Weapons: Steel Spartan-inspired Shield and Viking Long Sword
Fighting Style: Viking-Style Combat
Alignment: Evil

About Savage: Born before the turn of the first millennium, Thorvald was an Icelandic Explorer and Warrior who frequently joined his kin in raiding and pillaging villages throughout Western Europe.  Even before he turned into a vampire, he revelled in the heat of battle and always sought out the strongest and toughest of enemies to fight.  Suffice to say, he was also one of those who delighted in helping himself to many of the female prisoners his group managed to capture.  He was a part of a group that was made up of descendents of Vikings who lashed out against Charlemagne and his attempts to forcibly convert pagans to Christianity.  One of his ancestors, in particular, was one of the Vikings responsible for the destruction of the abbey at Lindisfarne.  Although Thorvald's band were openly against Christianity, as mercenaries they were willing to work for anyone for the right price.

It was during the Danish Invasion of London when Thorvald's band was ambushed during the dead of night.  Taking up arms, the Vikings fought back as best they could and were even able to take down half the enemy's numbers.  Their defeat, however, was inevitable.  Impressed by their fighting prowess, the Vaeternus-type Vampire who attacked them spared a handful of the Vikings, including Thorvald, and made them additions to his ranks.  From then on, Thorvald would continue seeking out the strongest and toughest of opponents.  This time, however, he knew that there were beings who far surpassed what human warriors would ever be capable of.

During his time as a vampire, Thorvald tested the limits of his new-found strength and power on human armies.  Unsatisfied with the level of challenge, he specifically sought out other vampires to do battle with.  Other Viking-turned-vampires joined him in his crusade, some of which had done so after he had defeated them.  He eventually turned on his maker, believing him to be the strongest challenge he would ever face.  After becoming the new Vampire Lord, Thorvald continued adding more warriors to his own ranks all the while seeking out existing conflicts he could join in on.  Wherever there was conflict, Thorvald would follow.  If there was no conflict, he would make some.

Thorvald's attentions turned away from other vampires as soon as he learned of other supernatural creatures, such as Werewolves, Demons, and Fairies.  He became curious about them, particularly their effectiveness in combat.  Seeking them out, he decided to test himself against the various races and was thoroughly impressed, especially by the werewolves and demons.  He created vampires not just to add to his growing army, but to also obtain new information from the lands he visited.  One such example was a warrior monk; though only a human, the information he had proved invaluable.  Thorvald's desire to find newer and better warriors led him to Bulgaria, where he had heard about a particular interesting warrior who had earned the nickname, "The Impaler".

It was only inevitable that Thorvald would learn about the Mortal Kombat tournament, which he instantly agreed to take part in due to the promise of great warriors to fight against.  Though he went far in the tournament, he made the mistake of challenging the previous champion, the Great Kung Lao, despite the fact that they were both representing Earthrealm.  Kung Lao killed Thorvald before moving on to fight the Otherworld representative, Goro.  After Thorvald's death, the vampire ended up becoming a as a Hellspawned Revenant in the Netherworld, where he continued fighting to his heart's content.  Due to his prowess and despite his loss against Kung Lao, he was resurrected by Shang Tsung and allowed to reside in Otherworld, where he participated in their gladiatorial pits.

Permissions: Match-Making, Coin Toss, Disfigurement, Physical Torture, NC, Death

Thorn14

We do have a lot of vampires in the outword, don't we?  ;D

kckolbe

A lot of earth vampires go there to flee bureaucracy on blood requirements and feeding taxes. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Saphir

Could I make some other suggestions for characters? Aside from Outworld, maybe some kombatants from Seido & Chaosrealm. Maybe even another Edenian fighter that survived the merger of Edenia with Outworld.

thebobmaster

If this RP is still open to new people, I was considering making an Edenian fighter.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Dhi

thebobmaster

All right. I'll try to make a character sheet. I don't have a picture for my character, so I'll try to be descriptive in text to make for a decent mental image. It'll be in the OOC topic, in any case.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Inerrant Lust

Always looking for new players, since we've lost some. I kind of wanted this game to function that way, with some coming and going... but at the moment, I am involved in all the PCs and they are not really involved with one another- which is a bit laborious and besides the point I intended.

In short, there are openings!

I will recap the current developments now. There has been one official match- Earthrealm's Ayumi was defeated by Crimson and raped. Earthrealm retrieved her- but Outworld did a midnight panty raid on the Earthrealm quarters to get her back since she's no longer in the tournament and pretty much fair game for anything the Outworlders would want to do to her. Ayumi was recaptured by Crimson.

Currently...
Malice, a Tarkatan princess, led the attack on the Earthrealmers... but has been beaten and is currently being raped by Roger Daniels... in wendigo form!
Ajei, a female native american, has been fighting random outworld mooks and is desperately in need of someone to RP with (since I can't think of another character to include at the moment)
FutaJade and Kitana are having a menage a trois with the princess' bodyguard/enforcer, Zafira over at the outworld quarters.

Of course, you can start a different thread not involving any of the current developments, but keep in mind I don't want to be involved in all the scenes of this RP. :P