Photobucket and image threads

Started by greenknight, January 29, 2017, 09:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenknight

I've noticed that photobucket has stopped playing nice with image threads in the last day or so. Image links won't load which keeps the page in a loading status and so all the beautiful pics users have so kindly thumbnailed won't embiggen.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Nico

Yes, it seems to have issues the past day or so.

RedRose

Photobucket is going down the drain.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

DemonessOfDeathValley

Does this mean we shouldn't use images from Photobucket?

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Chasing Dreams

What would be another site that one would recommend if Photobucket continues to act up?
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

RedPhoenix

imgur has never given me any problems.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Chasing Dreams

Thank you RedPhoenix. I'll check that site out. :)
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

midnightblack

I too would recommend imgur, especially for its privacy options. You may not realize this, but if someone gets a link for one of your photobucket images, they can easily browse through your entire collection. I don't know why they didn't fix or make an obvious point to their users about this issue, but it's been there for years.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Amazonia Mythos (world-building details for some of my recurring themes and characters; can always serve as a starting point for discussions of collaborative writing)
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Geraint

Quote from: midnightblack on February 01, 2017, 03:43:43 AM
I too would recommend imgur, especially for its privacy options. You may not realize this, but if someone gets a link for one of your photobucket images, they can easily browse through your entire collection. I don't know why they didn't fix or make an obvious point to their users about this issue, but it's been there for years.
That's only true for Photobucket if you don't mark your albums as private, which is easy enough to do with the "Album Privacy" setting in the "privacy" section of "settings" for the whole account, or on each album separately.