Interest Check: Girl Band [FF, MF, possible NC, possible EX]

Started by Chrystal, October 04, 2010, 10:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

This idea comes from a solo RP Idea I had, that almost got started but didn't. (The solo idea is on hold, as I have a lot of solo RPs on the go, but I'd like to see if this will fly as a multi-player)

We have a girl rock band. Four girls aged 16-18 who are into metal and rock and are pretty talented, as well as being pretty. They form a group to play at a high-school talent contest, and they win.

They are then "discovered" and signed for a recording contract.

This could be set in the 1970s, 80s or today (avoid the 90s, the music was crap).

Players needed:

Lead Guitar/Lead Singer (Me)
Bass Guitar/backing vocals (f)
Rhythm Guitar/Backing vocals (f)
Drummer/Backing Vocals (f)

Manager (m/f)

Road Crew:
Make-up artist (f)
Wardrobe (m/f)
Stage hands x 2 or more (m - could be f, but would have to be butch)

GROUPIES GALORE: (m & f)

I see this story as something of a soap, starting with the band winning the contest and progressing to the natural demise of any rock band with the inevitable break-up and solo careers.

I need to check whether forcing another character to take drugs constitutes extreme - I'm not saying that will happen, but listing it as a possibility.

Other possible scenarios are rape by the manager, rape by the roadies, rape of the roadies, f/f  D/s relationships between the band members ... well, you get the picture. Groupies galore, too much money too young, sex drugs and rock and roll!

Interested, please post here.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Le Immortelle

Oh yes! That is awesome!

I am so totally in for Rhythm Guitar/Backing Vocals position!

Zeitgeist

Would love to play the role of bassist, if you;ll have me! Sounds fun, an 80s band like Vixen would be great!

yuna0417

I was hoping for a guitar position, but I can be a drummer!

LimitlessNikkie

Drummer/Backing Vocals sounds like alot of fun. Is this first come? If so I'll do make up artist.

AngelsDemonsCode

Hello! I'm interested in playing the manager of the band if you don't mind.

kaz

Sounds like fun, I am willing to do whatever is needed.
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

Rachubka

Guess that leaves Rhythm. :P

Would also like to do it 'Today' if you're looking for input. If only for the fashion. lol

Chrystal

Woah!

Last time I got such a huge response to something it was when I offered to post pics of myself and my GF naked in the shower!

Okay, fisrt off, There's no reason the band has to be four musicians. We can have a keyboard player too, and two Rhythm Guitarists if you like!

Interesting that there are no male responses?

Any thoughts on period? We have one vote for present day. I actually have a character created for the solo RP that never happened, which I intend to use but only if we go 80s or present. Her guitar and clothing wouldn't work in the 70s. But that's not a problem, if 70s is people's preference, I can roll up a new one.

Going to see how many more responses I get, tonight, then put up an ooc thread, char sheet and character thread. Probably later tonight or tomorrow evening (my time).

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Rachubka

Is it too late for pictures? Haha. Will keep an eye on this one for developmeeentz!

yuna0417

I could do 80's to present, would like that honestly, more familiary with it.  Would like pin down who's doing what though.

Zeitgeist

Quote from: Chrystal on October 05, 2010, 01:59:03 PM
Woah!

Last time I got such a huge response to something it was when I offered to post pics of myself and my GF naked in the shower!

LOL yeah, I can see that!

QuoteInteresting that there are no male responses?

Well, I'm male playing the role of a woman, the bassist. Presuming all involved are okay with that  :-\

QuoteAny thoughts on period? We have one vote for present day. I actually have a character created for the solo RP that never happened, which I intend to use but only if we go 80s or present. Her guitar and clothing wouldn't work in the 70s. But that's not a problem, if 70s is people's preference, I can roll up a new one.

I vote 80s! I'm 40...I was there lol.

Le Immortelle

I vote for present day. My second preference would be either 80's/90's..either works for me.

LimitlessNikkie

I vote presant day, I'm 20 know very little about the 80's and less about the 70's but I can work with whatever is selected.

Chrystal

Present day it is, then...

Quote from: Zamdrist of Zeitgeist on October 05, 2010, 02:08:01 PM
Well, I'm male playing the role of a woman, the bassist. Presuming all involved are okay with that  :-\

Sorry Zamdrist, I didn't spot your gender. *eyeroll*

I have no problem, as long as you are confident you can play a female character, and have no problem being raped by a male player playing a male character?

I can't answer for the others though... I know some people are fussy about such. If anyone is picky about it, would you be okay playing a male character?

Quote from: Rachubka on October 05, 2010, 02:01:11 PM
Is it too late for pictures? Haha. Will keep an eye on this one for developmeeentz!

*giggles*

So, ladies (and gent-playing-lady who must therefore put up with being called a lady):

First, I need a show of hands that everyone is okay with a guy playing a gal here. Like I said, I'm fine with it, but I don't want anyone dropping out later because of something that could have been sorted out now!

Second, does anyone have any objections to present day?

Third, is anyone any good at writing song lyrics? (Actually they can be bloody awful song lyrics, it really doesn't matter)

I will have char and OOC threads up as soon as I figure out where to put them...

yuna0417

I am fine with a guy playing a girl, and I am fine with present day.

So, with that being said, Who is what?

I'm fine being Drummer, but before we go further, or before Char/OOC threads up, I think we should be sure on who's what and when.  Just me.

Chrystal

okay...

Here's the list so far:

Lead Guitar/Lead Singer Chrystal
Bass Guitar/backing vocals Zamdrist of Zeitgeist
Rhythm Guitar/Backing vocals   Rachubka/yuna0417/Amazon
Drummer/Backing Vocals yuna0417/LimitlessNikkie
Keyboards/Backing Vocals

Manager AngelsDemonsCode

Road Crew:
Make-up artist (f)
Wardrobe (m/f)
Stage hands x 2 (m - could be f, but would have to be butch)

Kaz - undecided.

I know everyone wants the glamour on-stage roles... I should probably point out that actual on-stage scenes are going to be few and far between and skimmed over. You all know how many weeks it takes to RP an hour of game time in a large game. Not that it isn't fun, but it takes a long time... If we spend three weeks RPing the band's act, the poor stage crew are going to get bored.

I was thinking of concentrating more on the interactions than the performances...

Kaz, I would LOVE my character to have a fling with the make-up girl?

Would one of you like to take keyboards? Then we can have two rhythm guitarists and one drummer.

kaz

LOL ok Chrys, Make up girl she is.  I'll work her out and have her up tomorrow.  Thinking young, cute, submissive but tends to like to do things her own way.  ;)

Orrrrrr she could be older, never thought of having relationships with women, but finds something about Chrystal captives her.....mmm which way to go..
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

LimitlessNikkie

I'll take keyboard, I acually know (kinda) how to play so won't have to fake it as much >.<

Rachubka

Could always chop up the lead guitar and lead singer! Not my RP, though. :P

Does make for a six-girl band which is kinda lame. If worse comes to worse, I can be wardrobe.

yuna0417

I'll take drums.  I don't mind.  More a 'want' for guitar, but not a necessity.

Zeitgeist

Quote from: Chrystal on October 05, 2010, 04:11:48 PM
Present day it is, then...

Sorry Zamdrist, I didn't spot your gender. *eyeroll*

I have no problem, as long as you are confident you can play a female character, and have no problem being raped by a male player playing a male character?

I can't answer for the others though... I know some people are fussy about such. If anyone is picky about it, would you be okay playing a male character?

Nope, no problem with that at all. I play female roles just about exclusively and think I do at least a fair job of it. Hopefully better than fair! Having my character raped too by men, playing men, or whoever really, is fine also. Looks like there will be plenty of female/female action to whet my appetite in any event ;D

kaz

Awww everyone wants to be on stage.  LOL I'm quite happy working off stage.

yuna0417

So as drummer do I have to follow the stereotype of doing drugs (I am already envisioning that she is smoking pot) of the harder variety, pick fights, be under appreciated, and leave/get kicked out the band first?

kaz

Oh I can write song lyrics.  I think maybe the make up girl can do them and pretend they arent hers.  LOL

yuna0417

Quote from: kaz on October 05, 2010, 05:02:31 PM
Oh I can write song lyrics.  I think maybe the make up girl can do them and pretend they arent hers.  LOL

I can help too.  I may still have some from an old character I played.  May have some logs somewhere.

Chrystal

Lead Guitar/Lead Singer Chrystal
Bass Guitar/backing vocals Zamdrist of Zeitgeist
Rhythm Guitar/Backing vocals Amazon
Drummer/Backing Vocals yuna0417
Keyboards/Backing Vocals LimitlessNikkie

Manager AngelsDemonsCode

Road Crew:
Make-up artist Kaz
Wardrobe Rachubka
Stage hands x 2 (Male NPCs)

I have been given confirmation that n/c drug abuse is extreme.

Not sure why this is my benchmark, but... I can see a scenario in which it would happen.

Quote from: yuna0417 on October 05, 2010, 05:00:36 PM
So as drummer do I have to follow the stereotype of doing drugs (I am already envisioning that she is smoking pot) of the harder variety, pick fights, be under appreciated, and leave/get kicked out the band first?

Yuna, if that's how you want to play her, go right ahead. I have to say, my favourite all time drummer is:

Oh and I'm sure we can have at least one scene, possibly during rehearsal, when you do a five minute drum solo, with the rest of the band standing and watching, first in awe, then amazement , then boredom, finally in frustration, and then they all march over pick you up, carry you off stage and empty the water cooler over you!

Quote from: kaz on October 05, 2010, 05:02:31 PM

That would work. Especially if she slipped them into Leader's bag or something... Lead singer finds them, realises they're good and claims credit for having written them! She also figures out where they came from eventually!

Oh, my character is going to be a dominant BITCH! by the way!

Falanor

I could try to write up a stage hand if you're still interested.

Zeitgeist

Quote from: Chrystal on October 05, 2010, 05:39:17 PM

I have been given confirmation that n/c drug abuse is extreme.

I could see it happening by peer pressure as by any other means.

Falanor

Ah, I see the stage hands are now NPC's.  No worries then.  Have fun! ;D

Edit:  Back, I'll work on said stage hand this evening.

Le Immortelle

^ *Drools*

And i'm fine males playing females.

Oh and if we're short on crew and stuff, I can take on a crew role too.

And I can already see my character being the first to trash her room and then probably punch some fan who climbs on stage simply because she thinks it would be funny. :P

Chrystal

Quote from: Falanor on October 05, 2010, 05:41:54 PM
I could try to write up a stage hand if you're still interested.

Please do! I put NPC there because I want to get moving before anyone gets bored with the idea...

Quote from: Zamdrist of Zeitgeist on October 05, 2010, 05:44:13 PM
I could see it happening by peer pressure as by any other means.

Exactly...

We are going extreme, people...

Quote from: Zamdrist of Zeitgeist on October 05, 2010, 05:53:23 PM
Hmmm...

Very nice. Pick one...

I already have mine. Opening the char thread now.....   no wait...

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

We need a name!

Options:
The Tangles
Carrie Worth and The Wonders (first one to guess my character's name gets a spanking)
Black Dildo (which the manager will suggest changing)
FML (Fuck My Life, in case anyone doesn't know)
AA Bottom

Any other ideas?

Zeitgeist

Quote from: Chrystal on October 05, 2010, 06:13:31 PM

We need a name!

Options:
The Tangles
Carrie Worth and The Wonders (first one to guess my character's name gets a spanking)
Black Dildo (which the manager will suggest changing)
FML (Fuck My Life, in case anyone doesn't know)
AA Bottom

Any other ideas?

Estrogyna!

I'm kidding ;D

FML is pretty kick ass for sure.

Rachubka

yuna0417

Well Carrie Worth is a bad girl.

As for a name, The Sounds of the Saints

Le Immortelle

Hm, here's some suggestions -

Sunburn
The Acid House
Spaced
Surreal Charisma
High Voltage
The Exterminating Angels

yuna0417

LimitlessNikkie

Le Immortelle

Chrystal

TheHangedOne

Still looking for stage hands? If so, I'd be glad to play one.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Chrystal

Absolutely! Need at least two...

OH

And we also need...

Groupies

Chrystal

Polymorph

Hi

Is it too late to put a character forward for this. I thought he'd be minder/stagehand. Probably the last sort of guy you'd want to be in close proximity to a group of teenage girls, likely to slip Rohypnol in drinks.

Chrystal

Not at all...

PM me a char-sheet and I'll give it a look. I think three stage hands is enough... Pity they're all straight, though. *giggles*

kimbersee

I'm interested. I can be a groupie.

Name: Tiffany Onassis

Tiffany is a young girl in catholic high school. Daughter of rich parents that were all to concerned of raising a proper society girl but ever since she discovered the band it inspired her to revolt and carve her own path. She has no interest in living the life her parents designed for her but years of parental conditioning makes her shy to experiment too much. During the day she is a good girl, at night she tries to be a bad girl like the band but fails miserably. As she follows the band around whenever she has a chance, she goes deeper and deeper into a hole she might not be able to escape.

Chrystal

PM me a character sheet. You can ignore the stage-name, obviously...