Dual Sides [BESM 3rd, NC, Fantasy, Modern, Post Apocaliptic]

Started by Bloody Rose, November 01, 2011, 11:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

Earth:

It was a normal Monday morning, humans were getting ready to enter their normal life. Adults were preparing to go to work, making breakfast for their kids to go to school while they were going to their respective jobs. Everything was quiet, everything was peaceful, the day went on as the adults and young ones alike went through their days like nothing ever happened. However it was all meant to change, it wasn't the way any of them imagined, it wasn't just meant to go that way. It all started in New York City, sounds of electricity homing were heard everywhere in the city, people went outside not knowing what was going on. All technological devices began to show a discharge of energy, and the energy was slowly gathering in the center of the city on the air. The electricity slowly gathered and it turned into a black sphere the people on New York city started to panick, cars stopped working, cellphones shut down, they have no way of communicating with anybody other than the people around them. The black sphere hummed as it slowly started to grow gathering the electrical energies from all the things around it.

In Japan, France, Africa, Seattle and in other key cities the same things started to happen, electrical devices discharged a massive energy which formed into a black sphere in the sky. Rumors were going around, people were just panicking as the sphere began to grow, then it happened. The sphere caused a imbalance in the world, huge earthquakes started happening, tsunami's took out most of the small islands in the Caribbean, there was nothing left of them but water. Buildings came down killing a lot of people in the process, the spheres began reacting all at the same time as they began growing. New lands were formed while others went down under the sea, the air changed making the human gasp for air fainting soon after.

Gaia:

The great planet Gaia, the world full of fantasy and magic, people woke up and went on doing their respective things. Those young ones began training on the arts of swordsmanship, those with the magic gift pursue that training as well. Everything was like it always been, however everything would soon change. The energies from the life stream on Gaia began reacting, on key places across the planet black spheres appeared, these spheres slowly grew and massive earthquakes started happening. Mages with their gifts tried to stabilize the spheres however they made a small mistake. Instead of growing the spheres began sucking everything around them inside, that were living creatures, trees, lands and everything they could get inside they did, soon the world of Gaia disappeared into nothingness.

Now:

The humans wake up after apparently a long nap, the people that woke up soon realized something, everything was different. The world itself changed merging with Gaia to form a new planet. Buildings went down and new lands were formed, millions upon millions of humans died everything was a disaster. Weird things started happening, people changed, some of them could grow tails and cat ears, or black wings and horns with a evil intent on their hearts. Those who changed did not knew what happened to them, they felt comfortable on their own bodies. Now with a new world and their old lives changed, would would happen to the inhabitants of both worlds, Gaian's and Earthlings alike.

OOC:

This will be a BESM game, this is to see who it's interested in this. No technology here (or almost none, it will be very hard to find) but with the merger of the worlds you can make any race you want. I truly want to see some creativity here people I am giving you almost limitless options to be.

350 Points to make char sheet
Stats no higher than 8 without my permission.
Attributes no higher than 5 with a few exceptions (Ask me)
Skills can be purchased
Defects- Max 15 points.
Anime pictures only please.

Mysterica

Sounds interesting.  I would like to try thinking up something for this, though I'll have to start looking at this system again.  I haven't looked at it since another game abruptly ended before it honestly ever really got going.

Muse

Intresting.  :) 

Any particular premise ot go with the setting? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, tried start game but it indeed died before it actually started well :P. Got too full plate to run BESM game (or re-start my own idea) but could join as player. Can magic empower earthling developed mechanical devices? Replace electricity with magic energy.

Mysterica

Also, upon waking up would everyone know exactly what they are capable of?  After all, if you suddenly wake up with a magic sword in your hand and have never held a sword before but are suddenly a master swordsman but don't know it you might not want to keep the sword.

ShamshielDF

So, are the humans merged with the Gaian beings, or are the humans and Gaian's separate beings in the world?  This sounds intriguing to me, and I'm sure I could come up with a couple of dozen concepts to play.  Near-future fantasy/sci-fi has long been a favorite.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Muse on November 02, 2011, 03:18:04 AM
Intresting.  :) 

Any particular premise ot go with the setting? 

Think of it as a post apocaliptic setting, you can go with anything you wish since this will be open fantasy. However nothing with technology so no mecha and nothing related to those sort, think of it as a medieval fantasy rp.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2011, 06:15:45 AM
Yeah, tried start game but it indeed died before it actually started well :P. Got too full plate to run BESM game (or re-start my own idea) but could join as player. Can magic empower earthling developed mechanical devices? Replace electricity with magic energy.

No technology it's dead, only a few technology still exist that will be revealed during the game play.

Quote from: Mysterica on November 02, 2011, 06:28:34 AM
Also, upon waking up would everyone know exactly what they are capable of?  After all, if you suddenly wake up with a magic sword in your hand and have never held a sword before but are suddenly a master swordsman but don't know it you might not want to keep the sword.

Nop that is half of the fun of it, you won't know what your capable off that is why the Gaian's were also brought to the same trouble if you are a gaian you know what your capable of.

Quote from: ShamshielDF on November 02, 2011, 08:27:17 AM
So, are the humans merged with the Gaian beings, or are the humans and Gaian's separate beings in the world?  This sounds intriguing to me, and I'm sure I could come up with a couple of dozen concepts to play.  Near-future fantasy/sci-fi has long been a favorite.

Both, some are merged and Gians also were brought into the new world, so you can play any of the two if you want.

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  So if we play a merged...then how are we supposed to keep our knowledge separate from our characters?  Example: We might have built our character to be a mighty wizard or powerful swordsman...but the character themselves wouldn't know that?

Unless the whole first episode is an How Do I Shot Web thing.

Bloody Rose

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on November 02, 2011, 02:45:42 PM
Okay.  So if we play a merged...then how are we supposed to keep our knowledge separate from our characters?  Example: We might have built our character to be a mighty wizard or powerful swordsman...but the character themselves wouldn't know that?

Unless the whole first episode is an How Do I Shot Web thing.

Because once you merge the other Gaian person will die and  you will have control over your body and memories, it will be just forced change with some of the quirks of the original that's all.

ReijiTabibito

Okay...so what did you mean by the following, then?  If once the changeover has completed, we know what we're capable of...I'm just trying to understand here.

Quote from: Zarazel on November 02, 2011, 01:13:20 PM
Nop that is half of the fun of it, you won't know what your capable off that is why the Gaian's were also brought to the same trouble if you are a gaian you know what your capable of.

Zaer Darkwail

I think it goes that all people who died also died because single world could not sustain double population so the half from both world got killed but also merged with other side living folk.

So dead earthling merged with living Gaian and dead Gaian merged with earthling. What memories said person has depends who was the living side. Example average Gaian knewed some swordplay before but once emrge occured additional stuff came up.

Bloody Rose

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on November 02, 2011, 02:50:45 PM
Okay...so what did you mean by the following, then?  If once the changeover has completed, we know what we're capable of...I'm just trying to understand here.

if you are a human you know that you are different, you know that you changed, however you still don't know what your new body it's capable of doing at first. Slowly but surely you will start to know how to use abilities and it will become natural for you to use them.

Mysterica

I was thinking of a different idea if that is at all possible.  Would it be possible for one of these merged beings to both inhabit the body, though not at the same time?  Like...  Like through use of the alternate form attribute or some such.  Probably one form would be a melee character while the other is a magic character.  There could be some form of trigger that changes her abilities,looks, and personality that she could have little control over at first eventually learning how to control her new powers, how to initiate the change, and remember everything that happened during the change.  Though the characters would still be rather different and likely wouldn't want to relinquishing control of the shared body unless necessary.

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Mysterica on November 02, 2011, 04:54:10 PM
I was thinking of a different idea if that is at all possible.  Would it be possible for one of these merged beings to both inhabit the body, though not at the same time?  Like...  Like through use of the alternate form attribute or some such.  Probably one form would be a melee character while the other is a magic character.  There could be some form of trigger that changes her abilities,looks, and personality that she could have little control over at first eventually learning how to control her new powers, how to initiate the change, and remember everything that happened during the change.  Though the characters would still be rather different and likely wouldn't want to relinquishing control of the shared body unless necessary.

Sure if you want to make it that way you sure can, that is the beauty of the system you can practically do whatever you wish.

Mysterica

Cool cool.  I don't entirely know how to go about making such a character as I've never gotten to actually play the game and my only character was a normal human.  That's just a lot of "lost" attributes when she transforms.  Perhaps I'm trying to go a bit of a difficult route with this for my first character, but this idea intrigued me.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I can help you :). It just depends what you want to play and we work from there the actual how to create the char closely as possible for your image. Go deep detail as you can about the char (looks, abilities, items/possessions).

Bloody Rose

if you need more help don't be a stranger and add me to yahoo if you wish

AndyZ

Kiara - Angel of Gaia

Body 4 Mind 7 Soul 7

Combat Technique - Deflection, Lightning Reflexes - 4 points

Detectable - Divine Angel - -1 point

Divine Relationship - L5 - 10 points

Enchanted Robes - Item - Armor 5, Features: Automatically repairs itself, never gets dirty - 6 points

Environmental Influence - Light - 2 points

Features (Appearance) 3 - 3 points

Flight - L2 - Spread - 15 points

Force Field - L5 - Deplete 1/round - 10 points

Massive Damage - Mana spells - L5 - 20 points

Regeneration - Full effect - L1 - Deplete 1/round - 5 points

Reincarnation - Easy to stop - L4 (Activates at dawn) - 20 points

Sixth Sense - Detect Magic, Detect Angels - 4 points

Skills: Acrobatics 4, Etiquette 2, Occult 3 - 20 points

Special Defense - Aging 2, Lack of Air 1, Low Pressure 1 - 4 points

Telekinesis - Full effect - Concentration -2 - 22 points

Telepathy - Universal - L1 - 6 points

Weapon (Primary) - Mana darts - L5 - Range 2 - Autofire - 14 points

Weapon (Secondary) - Manablade - L5 - 5 points

The Angels were known as the guardians of the secrets of Gaia, respected and sometimes even admired by other Gaians.  Kiara is used to a life of privilege, being pampered and savored for her wisdom and magical ability.  It's the only life she has ever known, but it is a life she always enjoyed.

The sudden transformation of her world came as a horrifying shock, and she did her best to try to help everyone, flying them away, moving back against the encroaching darkness, fighting against the tide for as long as she could before finally getting sucked into the strange new world.  Certainly a horrifying prospect for anyone, but she knows she's a smart girl and will do what she can to be able to survive.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.