News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Upcoming Games

Started by Autumn Sativus, October 16, 2012, 01:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

I wanted to make a list of the upcoming games here, because I've had a number of people come to me asking if they can GM the next game. The order is first come, first serve, with myself thrown in on occasion because I want to run some games as well.

The question I have for those who play, is if they would be opposed to having two games running at any given time. They would not be GMd by the same person and would not hold the same theme.

---Decided by poll results, two games will be staggered to have two running when there are two GMs desiring to run games.

Upcoming Games
DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOU! (A Slenderman Game) by Saffron
RPGuy

Eventually
Firefly Based GMd by That Girl Analise
Victorian Space Oddysee GMd by Ryven

If you want to GM a game, drop me a PM with your idea and we can add you to the list.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

I've unlocked this topic to make it more obvious it exists. I didn't see how well it would blend in with the rest.
Us against the world

Ryven

I've wanted to GM a game for a while, but I don't know what I would GM or what theme.  I've had an idea rumbling around in my head for a month or so since we started this last game involving apocalypse survival and teams pitted not necessarily against each other so much as against environment similar to what Lord M had done mechanically though with a few aspects done differently.  I just haven't had time to type up a rough preliminary outline of the rules.

Remiel

I've idly been kicking around an idea based on George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series.  The setting would be prior to the events of Game of Thrones, with Robert Baratheon sitting on the Iron Throne and Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen in exile. 

The "peasants" would be the bannermen (and women) of the great Houses--Stark, Lannister, Tyrell, Martell, Greyjoy--who are in King's Landing to swear fealty to the King, while the "werewolves" would be the Targaryen loyalists who wish to see the usurper overthrown and the Targaryens returned to power.

The twist here (and you know a Remiel game has to have a twist) would be that, in addition to the primary goal of ferreting out the Targaryen loyalists, each House will have a secondary goal of using the chaos to get rid of their rivals.  E.g. the Starks and the Lannisters will try to eliminate each other, as will the Martells and the Tyrells.  The Greyjoys would be the wildcard, having very little love for either Stark or Lannister;  hopefully, this would encourage lots of plotting, scheming, and back-room diplomacy as each House tries to barter favors.

I probably won't be in a position to run this game for a couple of months, but I'd be curious as to whether people might be interested in the idea.  Familiarity with the Game of Thrones series would not be a requisite for playing; it would just be for added background colour.

Sasha

Quote from: Remiel on October 16, 2012, 10:18:06 PM
I've idly been kicking around an idea based on George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series.  The setting would be prior to the events of Game of Thrones, with Robert Baratheon sitting on the Iron Throne and Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen in exile. 

The "peasants" would be the bannermen (and women) of the great Houses--Stark, Lannister, Tyrell, Martell, Greyjoy--who are in King's Landing to swear fealty to the King, while the "werewolves" would be the Targaryen loyalists who wish to see the usurper overthrown and the Targaryens returned to power.

The twist here (and you know a Remiel game has to have a twist) would be that, in addition to the primary goal of ferreting out the Targaryen loyalists, each House will have a secondary goal of using the chaos to get rid of their rivals.  E.g. the Starks and the Lannisters will try to eliminate each other, as will the Martells and the Tyrells.  The Greyjoys would be the wildcard, having very little love for either Stark or Lannister;  hopefully, this would encourage lots of plotting, scheming, and back-room diplomacy as each House tries to barter favors.

I probably won't be in a position to run this game for a couple of months, but I'd be curious as to whether people might be interested in the idea.  Familiarity with the Game of Thrones series would not be a requisite for playing; it would just be for added background colour.

Sounds Quite entertaining ...... I think you will enjoy putting it together .

Ryven

Is there anyone who had run or had experience with some of these games who is willing to review and discuss some of my ideas with me once I actually have sat down and typed them out?  I don't have time in the immediate future to do it, but within the next month or two, I should hopefully have typed out my ideas for my game.

Trieste

Sure, I'll sit down with you, Ryven. Just keep in mind that I have finals in about six weeks (the second week of December) so if you send it then I might not be able to devote time to it right away.

Remiel

I'll also be game for bouncing ideas off of. :)

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Ryven

Quote from: Trieste on October 19, 2012, 03:53:42 PM
Sure, I'll sit down with you, Ryven. Just keep in mind that I have finals in about six weeks (the second week of December) so if you send it then I might not be able to devote time to it right away.

It's a game, so it wont be urgent if I do happen to have it done at that time.

Galactic Druid

To make things easier on eveyone, I'd start shortly after Trie's game got established and a good several rounds in.

I don't know about you guys, but I find getting started to be the hardest part, so I'd want to let that stage be well past in the existing games first.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Autumn Sativus

I'd like to ensure there are not more than 2 games running at any given time so the players don't get overwhelmed, most of them want to participate in all the games available. Once Miller's Hollow is coming to it's close, the next game should be good to start. :-)
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

That Girl Analise

I need help with the development of mine before It's ready. It's an all-specials game... but kind of takes firefly knowledge to develop.

Autumn Sativus

Give me a week to watch it on Netflix and I could help. Someone else may already know the series though.
Us against the world

That Girl Analise

*Analise insists Saff watches weather she helps or not because it would be redic not to.

Josietta

So I'm interested in running something sometime. I was going to go back to the Clue style but I changed my mind and want to tackle one based on Star Wars. :)  Just let me know when I'm up and I'll start working on it now to get it kinked out. Do I send all the info to you Saff? Have you look it over and see how you think it'll do or if I need some adjustments?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Remiel

Recruiting for a new game!  This will be vastly different from the mafia games you're used to.  I'm looking for five dedicated players.

The Resistance: Not Your Typical Mafia Game

persephone325

I'd like to GM Assassins Among Us again at some point. (Just not too soon. lol)

EDIT: I'd like to be added to the "Eventually" list with another game titled "Contraband Game". At the current time, I just have a rough outline of the game play. :-)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

Okay, so I've got an idea for a game based on a deception game I played recently. It was a lot of fun, and the way the rules worked, there was no player elimination, so everyone stayed involved through the whole game. It was played at a table, so there were no private conversations, etc, and the spies didn't have to act if they chose not to, keeping people guessing. It's going to take a bit to figure out a fun theme and how to adapt the game for a forum setting, but I'm interested in GMing a game for 5-11 people after Saffron has a winner in hers.

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Ariel

*was interested in ThatRPGuy's idea but is too late!!* :(

*posts so she can be notified and snag a spot next time!*
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Galactic Druid

Sorry Miss Ariel! I'm planning on asking everyone what they thought of the game when it's done so I can improve upon it and run it again, so there will be another game!

persephone325

I have another game idea that I would like to GM at some point. Since I'm gonna be doing Assassins Among Us soon, you can put me down for "eventually" if you want. I have the idea 90% finished. It's called "Witch Hunt".
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Quote from: persephone325 on May 03, 2013, 04:47:37 PM
I'd like to GM Assassins Among Us again at some point. (Just not too soon. lol)

EDIT: I'd like to be added to the "Eventually" list with another game titled "Contraband Game". At the current time, I just have a rough outline of the game play. :-)

Actually, Saffron, my Contraband game idea doesn't really fit with the "mafia" theme of good guys VS bad guys. So I wouldn't be able to run it here. You can remove it from the list if you'd like. Sorry about that. ^^
I don't know.