News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Elemental Dawn (recruitment and OOC)

Started by Undercov3rL0ver, June 21, 2010, 08:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undercov3rL0ver

The year is 2015.  The human race has miraculously not destroyed itself yet but all that is about to change in the small city of Eden, where an exceptional group of people are about to gain the power to control the elements. 
As these people learn of their incredible new talents, a dark force is on the rise, threatening all life on the planet.  Can this young group stop the threat before it's too late, or will this dark force purge all life from the planet?

The basic rules are thus: 
1.Saikotsu and I are the gm's.  If you have questions or concerns, please bring them up with us. 
2. Since we both have odd schedules, he and I may post for each other, to keep things moving. If you know you're going to be unable to post, feel free to appoint another player to post for you in the interim, or leave a little note in the OOC for us saying you won't be online. This makes things easier on everyone.
3.  If you decide to leave the rp for any reason, please let us know.  Nothing kills an rp quicker than someone just vanishing.  You are encouraged to leave your character to someone else, or write them off in a nice way. However, please do not say things like: X dies, or Y quits and gives up.  If you have a specific, rp-related reason for leaving, please let us know before you decide to quit, so that we might possibly fix the issue. An rp that isn't fun isn't worth playing.
4. Descriptive posts are welcome and encouraged. I won't demand a line count, and I do understand that sometimes there just isn't anything to say.  If this occurs, I'll do my best to keep things moving along.
5. I recognize that this is an adult roleplay site, and sexual situations can be roleplayed here. If you and another player wish to have your characters go down that road, you are encouraged to do so, but keep it   pg-13 if it is in the IC thread. If you want something more intense, you're welcome to do so in a separate thread, or by whatever means suit you and the other player(s).     
6. Have fun.  That's why we're doing this right?

The character sheet: The characters will all be good guys for now. Depending on how things go, I may let you add an "evil" character later on. 

Name:
Description(pics are fine as well):
Weapon/familiar:

each person will get a weapon or familiar that is tied to their element.  For instance, a burning whip, or a sword that does something wind related. Be creative. Descriptions and pics are welcome.

Element: (fire, water, wind, earth, light, dark)

At the beginning of the rp, you have not yet received your elemental power or weapon/familiar. You will get them very soon however.  As the rp moves along, you may gain one or more other elements, sub elements, weapons/familiars. The sub  element listing will be put up when the rp gets to that point. 
Also, as the rp progresses, you may get stronger in your element(s).
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

Well since DigitLninja wants to be fire, that means I gotta figure out which would be best for my style other than that...hmm...you know I think darkness might fit me well...now to figure out my character.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

DigitLninja

That was a joke puncle

and no one said we can't both have the same element.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

cmpuncle

Name:Shroudblow the Blade(courtesy of seventhsanctum, with some of my own tweaking of course)
Description(pics are fine as well):http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=dark characters&order=9&offset=120#/ddyogg

Shroudblow looks exactly like the picture with the exception that he has shoulder length jet black hair on his right side and pure white hair on his left side.

Shroudblow came into beng when twins fused inside their mothers womb in such a way that both minds remained intact within the same body, which happened to take on, oddly enough, half the appearance of one twin and half the appearance of the other.  The two minds completely agree with each other and like to switch control of their body between the two minds, which is verydifficult for none but the most astute observer to detect the switch, since both minds contain the same personalities, and the two minds are so well linked to each other that they can seamlessly finish each others sentences while switching control.  The only difference between the two minds is their fighting styles, again so very close to each other that it is difficult to detect any change in control.  The first mind uses an all-out attack style, while the second one still uses an all-out style but with somewhat more subtelty.

Weapon/familiar: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=dark+weapons#/d1lyzp9 (if it's okay I would like to use both these weapons, if not then I'll stick with the one on the right side, not sure what to cal it/them yet though, this calls for seventh sanctum)

"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

cmpuncle

oh well it lets me try something new.

DigitLninja

Name: Talon

Description:

Weapon/familiar:
Poseidon's Rifle - A sniper rifle that fires high pressure streams of water that have been known to cut through Diamonds.

Dagger of the Icicle - An unbreakable blade made of ice

Element: Water

(how's that for creative weaponry?)
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Undercov3rL0ver

Well, Saikotsu and I were thinking that the setting would take place in essentially modern day Earth, so it's five years in our future combined with fantasy elements.  Eden is a made up city somewhere in the American midwest (for plausibility reasons, which will hopefully become clear shortly into the story.) I didn't quite say it was a project, though you're definitely on to something with that assumption. I can't say too much without revealing the story, but I can tell you that not everyone will be surprised to discover they have special powers. Who's in charge?  Well, the dark force, which we haven't named yet (still figuring that one out) is lead by a "Council of Nine", each of which will be strong in their element. The lower ranked council members each correspond to one of the six elements mentioned above. The top three however, are unique.

There isn't too much backstory to the rp itself, though the characters are more than welcome to have a backstory of their own.

Also, you're right that it's cliche. I wanted to do this rp because I played a similar rp on a different site and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It had a lot of potential, but it died because it moved around too much, with no clear direction.

Saikotsu and I have come up with several different directions we want this to go, and we've pretty much settled on 3 possibilities, which we'll decide upon as the rp moves on. For now, we've got the framework in place to start it up, and we hope we've answered your questions.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

Saikotsu

hmm. interesting name Cmpuncle. However, you might want him to have a normal name as well, and then take on "Shroudblow the blade" as a name once he gets his powers.  By the way DigitLninja, since you've got a sniper rifle which can cut through diamonds, I'll be doing dice rolls to determine successful hits against certain enemies. we wouldn't want the Bosses to go down with a single hit now would we?

Name: Jaster Dugal
Weapon/familiar: The wind elemental sword, Zephyr.  When slashing, the sword cuts through air like a plane's wing, allowing it to slice without air-resistance. (not sure if I described that well.  For a physical demonstration, try slashing the air horizontally with a piece of cardboard or something. If done properly, the blade almost propels itself.) Also, with sufficient force, Zephyr can send forth a cutting gale of wind.
Element: wind of course.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

Well the way I figured it he would have the sword or swords, no one gave any approval or disapproval on that yet, at the start and then once he gains the power of darkness he would be able to channel it through them.  As for Shroudblow the Blade, he gained that nickname from the fact that he always assassinates or attacks in the dead of night, and rarely is he seen while in action, I haven't come up with his original name yet, but for the most part he goes by Shroudblow, except when enemies are around.  Yes that did make him sound slightly evil but, he's a mercenary who only aides those doing the "right thing", although he does seem rather vicious at times.

Consequently I may post sporadically during the day during the week, this would be while I'm at work, and will mainly post during the night, and then possibly anytime during the weekend.

Undercov3rL0ver

sorry bout that, I made a mental note last night to say you could have your "swords" as soon as I logged in today.

Name: Razzly Winters

Weapon/familiar: Twin daggers
Element: fire

cmpuncle

sweetness, muchas gracias senorita(I'd put the tilde in the right place but I don't feel like searching for it in the character map)!

Saikotsu

well, I didn't expect you guys to choose the elements you did, though I gotta admit Undercover, your character fits the image you chose. Kid uses two daggers and is fire elemental. did you intend for that?
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Mhina

I might like to play, though I'd be interested to hear more about how you intend to set up the world. You said modern day, but does that mean we would be interacting with the world as it is today or is the world in a state of change? What fantasy elements are commonplace?

Undercov3rL0ver

I'll be able to go into more detail on that later tonight. If Saiko isn't working, maybe he could give you some of the details. Otherwise I'll post them when I get home.

cmpuncle

I think it probably won't be that much different from the present day Earth.  Like undercover said at first it's five years in the future, so most likely the basic world will be not unlike the earth today with some minor differences.  and of course Eden will most likely be a mostly if not completely custom city.

Again that's just what I think it'll be like from what info we've already been presented.  So I could be wrong.

Bloody Rose

awwww I came too late and looks like every element that I thought I could play are taken... oh well   X_X

cmpuncle

You can probably figure out another element or we can always have duplicate elements, I'm sure.  Of course if you want to see about a new element consult one of the GM's though of course.

Undercov3rL0ver

First off, Mhina, Cmpuncle is correct.  Most of the story will take place within a mostly modern city called Eden including the area around it.  Saiko and I are toying with the idea of expanding that area later on, but we want to explore the story a bit first. to be more specific, I would classify it as a world in a state of change, because the change is sudden and people will have to adapt to it. As for commonplace fantasy elements, there is a quest that both groups are working towards, for similar but contradicting reasons (the good guys and the bad guys want the same thing, but for different reasons). Furthermore, you can expect to see some mythical beasts, mostly as familiars for characters, or as normal creatures that have been transformed.  Saiko and I also plan on adding some sci-fi elements into the rp as well. Anything too specific will ruin the story though, so I can't really give you more detail than that. Hope that helps.

Zarazel, a pleasure to see you here as well.  You may have a duplicate element, or you can come up with one of your own as well. Furthermore, light isn't taken yet.  One of the cool advantages of element based rp's is that everyone plays their element differently. When Saiko and I did an elemental rp on a different site, he and another character both had wind, but their styles were completely different. 

Depending on how many people show an interest, we might open up the sub element list right off the bat.  Saiko and I are deliberating that at the moment.  Also, DigitLninja, we were originally intending on having Ice and Water be separte elements (Water being primary, Ice as a sub), but Saiko made a decent argument for keeping it as a single element, so you're good.

DigitLninja

Quote from: Undercov3rL0ver on June 23, 2010, 12:46:25 AM
Also, DigitLninja, we were originally intending on having Ice and Water be separte elements (Water being primary, Ice as a sub), but Saiko made a decent argument for keeping it as a single element, so you're good.

I don't mind if you decide to make ice it's own element, I would just have to change up my close range weapon a little, besides if my character has to use his close range weapon than someone would have done something to get around behind him which is virtually impossible in battle.
Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

Mhina

Well it sounds interesting, I'll do light. Give me some time to think of a character.

Undercov3rL0ver

Bloody Rose

Name:Mikoto Karumi
Weapon/familiar: Lightning? or wind

cmpuncle

omg...it's Lightning!  lmao....that's great!

Undercov3rL0ver

sure, you could have lightning. sorry I wasn't online much yesterday, I was really busy. We'll probably start this rp tomorrow sometime.

Mhina

Name: Aria Evans

Element: Light
Weapon: Prism pendant, used to focus, direct, and bend light. Acts as an amplifier, allowing Aria to exert greater influence over light at range.

Sorry it took me so long to get this up, I've been busy.

Saikotsu

no worries, both Undercover and I were busy as well.
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

alright then.  I'm writing the IC post as I type....wait.

Anyway, I'd like to apologize for my absence yesterday, I was quite busy.

cmpuncle

sweet I've been anxious to give this bad boy a shot.  No need to hurry though undercover.

Undercov3rL0ver

cmpuncle

okay explain something to me please......how the hell does an RV break down 7/10 of a time?   That doesn't work out.....

Undercov3rL0ver

hahaha, wow, I expected that out of Saiko.  It's only fully broken down 3 times, and it's had various parts break 7 times...wait make that 8, since the air conditioning just died.

cmpuncle

but that's not the RV itself, that's pieces within it that have nothing to do with the engine.  So technically it's broken down 3 times with 8 nonessential pieces having broken as well.

Undercov3rL0ver

Okay then. Chock it up to Razzly counting "near" breakdowns. For instance, a flat tire would put a hold on the journey, but the RV would still work after the part was replaced.

cmpuncle

cmpuncle

oh man I was gonna try to post last night but we went to see Toy Story 3 and didn't get out of that till 11:45 or so.  So I'll get one up probably in the next few minutes.  geez staying up till midnight then having to wake up at 6 is not a good idea.

DigitLninja

sorry cmpuncle, but it was worth it right?
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

oh yes, Totoro is cute as a toy.  lol

Undercov3rL0ver

aw, lucky. I wanted to see it too. Sorry I couldn't make it. Oh well, maybe next time. 

cmpuncle

we'll get you down here eventually, of that I have no doubt.  lol

Saikotsu

indeed. I have to admit, it was nice hanging out with you two again.  We really need to do that more often. Maybe next time Undercover could join us.

Anyway, as far as the storyline goes, we're going to be getting into the meat of the story soon, probably tonight, if everyone responds to the last post.  If you need more detail, please let me know, I realize that the last post was a bit unusual. 
- a friend

Mhina

I'll be off for the next 8 hours. I'll post when I get up.

Saikotsu

that's fine.  I'll probably not be on when I get home from work later tonight, so Undercover will most likely take the next storyline post.
- a friend

cmpuncle

Now I'm assuming that something will be coming from these "clouds" which will give the characters their elemental abilities.  So just to let you two GM's know, even though he's in Sarge while whatever comes down from the clouds, if that's the case, he'll still be at least sticking his hand out the wind just to try and figure out what it is while minimizing possible injury to himself.

Undercov3rL0ver

good guess, and don't worry. He won't be needing to do that.

Bloody Rose

cmpuncle

wow guess I was more out of it then I thought yesterday, I hadn't realized i said wind instead of window.

Saikotsu

DigitLninja, most people are waking up where they fell unconscious, and the characters fell unconscious from the bright white light. If you want your situation to be different, that's fine, though I'd like to know a bit more about where you want to go with it, so we can better accomodate that. Feel free to PM me the details when you have the chance. I'll be working another night shift tonight, so don't expect a reply until late though.
- a friend

DigitLninja

sorry i thought we were all waking up together
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

that's fine. I'm going to logout now, and I most likely won't be on tonight. Go ahead and post for me tonight Undercover.
- a friend

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

Undercov3rL0ver

hey everyone. I wasn't able to get online last night, bandwidth issues.

Mhina

Undercov3rL0ver

sorry bout that.  My internet is somewhat unreliable, and my schedule chaotic.  Oh, and thank you zarazel:
Quote from: Zarazel on June 29, 2010, 02:12:11 AM
mmm nice post UL

cmpuncle

Umm not sure if this is the case but I think you might have been going off of my original post Saikotsu, I decided to modify it within minutes of originally posting it.

Skystomp

Still room for one more? I've got a hankering to play a guy nicknamed Earthsiege. You can guess the element I want.
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

Saikotsu

sure, we could use an earth elemental. We'd be happy to have you aboard. By the way, your picture is from Xenogears yes?

Also, Undercover is having some computer issues so in the meantime she asked me to post for her.
- a friend

Skystomp

To be honest I've no idea where my icon comes from. I collect pictures that catch my eye.

Excellent, I'll post something up after work and leap into the IC thread after work and posting the char here.

Saikotsu

ah, I see.

Also, I changed that post Cmpuncle, and I finished it up. Everyone is encouraged to read it, as I introduced the Council of Nine in it.
- a friend

cmpuncle

Skystomp

EarthsiegeEarthsiege Combat Suit
Name: Jacob Karel
Codename: Earthsiege
Weapons: None
Element: Earth

Saikotsu

not bad.  By the way, Undercover sent word that she'll be available tomorrow. Sorry I haven't been online too much, I haven't forgotten about this rp, I've just been busy with house work and my job. Tomorrow (today at this point) is my first day off in a while, so expect to see more of me soon.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my character has a familiar that can become his weapon.  No one has chosen a familiar, so I guess that's not all that important really, but I wanted to explain that.
- a friend

Skystomp

Hey Saikotsu, playing a medic can be as easy or as hard as you want. Look up some terms related to what you want to talk about and above all, sound confident! You'll do fine.  ;D

Saikotsu

- a friend

cmpuncle

So I'm leaving the job that Shroudblows client will be giving him up to you two GM's.

Kevben Battleheart

Although it's probably too late for me to join I have to ask, do you mind one more?
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's) ♥ The Vault of Victory  â™¥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Undercov3rL0ver

welcome aboard. 

I must apologize for my absence everyone, my computer was giving me many internet issues.  I must also thank Saiko for stepping in while I was away, on all the rp's I'm in. I hope you're all having a wonderful fourth of July, regardless of where you are, and I now go to catch up on this rp.

Kevben Battleheart

Name: Torias Telion

Weapon/familiar: The Edge of Exterminatus http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=greatsword&order=9&offset=48#/d1bc3i0

Element: Fire
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's) ♥ The Vault of Victory  â™¥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Saikotsu

not bad. Seems we've got a few army guys and an ex-sniper.  This'll make things interesting.
- a friend

Mhina

I like to copy my long posts before I post them.

DigitLninja

I have Textarea on my Fire Fox, I recommend it for you two.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

thanks guys. Yeah, usually I copy the message before I send it too. Oh well, this'll definitely be a lesson to us both.
- a friend

cmpuncle

Nice I Love Lucy reference Skystomp....lmao.

Skystomp

Thank you! For some reason when I was reading the post outloud to get a feel for it, the voice cropped up and I ad-libbed it in. It fit. It was funny and you enjoyed it. Three scores for wackiness.

cmpuncle

So my posting tonight may be sporadic due to the fact that I'm picking up the new 360 tonight, and then will be breaking it in.

Kaiser Maverick

Name:Dante Kain
Weapon/familiar: (Shots out compressed air shots.
I hope I can stiil join

Saikotsu

welcome aboard Kaiser Maverick. You and Kevben may post at any time. 

couple of housekeeping things.  We're hoping to get everyone into small groups at this point, to help condense the story a bit. (as it stands right now, it's a bit scattered, with everyone doing their own things.)  If there are specific people you wish to be partnered with, just ask them.  once you've got everything figured out, let us know and we'll help you get together.  We're looking for groups of 2 or 3.  we might make an exception for bigger groups.

At this point, we're no longer going to be accepting new members. If this changes, we'll let you know.

- Also, both Undercover and I have had hectic schedules, so we apologize for the slow pace in posting, and we thank you for your patience.  -
We're both going to be busy today, but one of us will attempt to get on later tonight to post.
- a friend

cmpuncle

DigitLninja

Saikotsu, you should jump onto aim for a minute ^^
Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

wow no posts in a couple days, that's odd....

Saikotsu

- a friend

DigitLninja

no problem, just remember your going to be out here on Saturday ^^
Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

Hey everyone, sorry for not posting as much as before.  Don't worry, I'm still involved, Saiko and I have been discussing the plot and which direction to take it, and he's been keeping the rp moving.  Thanks to all of you for sticking with it, despite our slow posting schedule. And thanks especially to you Saiko, for stepping in for me during this hectic time.

cmpuncle

hmm payment we're still going off of today's standards for money right?

Undercov3rL0ver

yeah. Remember, not all payment is made with money either, but it is 5 years in the future so todays standards should be relatively accurate.

cmpuncle

okey dokey then, now to figure out what his normal rate is....hmm

cmpuncle

oh by the way I decided to check out Gaia, and I discovered that you and Saikotsu are on there.  One of you should accept my request so I can get the achievement for it...he he he.

DigitLninja

Gaia Online is the toilet of the internet entertainment sites... security is so lax that if you don't change your password every three days it's inevitable that your stolen from, I have seen an item trade glitch out so I would have ended up with nothing and they would have gotten one of my best items... the site is prime material for hackers and they keep saying that there is nothing they can do that they haven't already tried.
Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

I was really hooked on gaia for a while.  In fact, Saiko and I even played their MMO for a while.  (I can hear him choking from here!)  It's been a while since I visited Gaia, maybe I should head back to see what's up.

Kaiser Maverick

Ok im gonna start my intro.Maybe someone could play the paramedic and help.And can my weapon form beside me?I plan on the meteor knocking me out

cmpuncle

I probably could in about an hour or so.  Just let me know if you need the paramedic to do or ask something specific, or if you need the paramedic to act first before you post.

Saikotsu

I could help if someone else hasn't already. I was out of town today, and have been trying to catch up with everything since I got back.  I'm going to be gone tomorrow too, so don't expect any posts from me until Monday afternoon.
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

I won't be around tomorrow either, unfortunately.  I'm getting my computer fixed, it caught a nasty bug. I'm currently using someone elses computer to post, but I won't be able to do that tomorrow.

cmpuncle

meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

Saikotsu

alright, I'm back. Sorry for my absence everyone. Undercover should be back soon as well, though her computer is still quite ill.
- a friend

cmpuncle

sounds like it's time for a new computer.

Saikotsu

I hope not, Danzaivar was the same model as hers with similar software, and the same bug claimed him.  He's currently being fixed by a co-worker of mine.
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

I don't have money for a new computer :'( 

Heck, I don't have money... I'm lucky my friend's letting me use this one.

Anyway, I should be back. Sorry to disappear like that everyone. Thanks Saiko for taking over again.

Skystomp

Here's a question, one I should have put up earlier, what happens when a person gets another 'shard' do their powers increase? Get access to whatever 'element faction' that they took it from? Questions questions questions, it's all about these things from those pesky players.

Saikotsu

depends on what kind of shard they get, but the idea is that if you got an earth shard, you should be able to get earth powers (or if you already had them, then your powers would be amplified). There are some special shards that can give the player whatever element they wish, though as far as the character is concerned, it's random.  In other words, you as Skystomp could choose the element, but your character couldn't.

And we don't find you pesky for asking questions, though I'm betting that you were joking when you said that. (text is such an inconvenient means of conveying sarcasm...)

Also, Skystomp, you can post how you get your weapon or discover some new powers in your next post if you wish. It'd help us out greatly if you could handle that.  If you need suggestions or help, feel free to PM either me or Undercover.

As for everyone else, could I please get a roll call.  We've slowed down a bit, and I want to know who's still playing and who's dropped.  Undercover and I intend to continue this, and we may take over characters that drop as NPC's, though that'll only happen after we've secured permission from their players first. 
- a friend

cmpuncle

so I've got a present for you and digitLninja, Saikotsu, well aside from the one I still have yet to give you.  Anyway I'm still good to go in this rp just kinda waiting for the times I can respond with something.

Skystomp

*nods* They need a sarcasm/humor emote for things like that, yes I was joking, but only partially given that players can really become pests when wanting to know things.

I'm working on the idea that he's not going to get a weapon at all, given that the shard actually rests inside of Jacobs body and that he's getting abilites more like a... well, best way I can put it is like a super hero who has control over X element, or maybe closer to how a mage who works with an element. I know, terribly vague and unformed. So, I'm also following that idea in that his abilites will manifest as needed, but not by concious control just yet. He's still having issues beleiving that all of this is even happening :)

Anyway, getting back to the reason I was asking is because early on he claimed the Shard from a Water user and I wasn't sure if that would merge with the one already inside him, become something, boost the ability he has now or give him some kind of control over water as well. I'm kinda hoping for the last, becuase that would give some interesting, or frustrating depending on your view, combinations to use.

Roll Call: Jacob is still around, if slow to post at times.... damn you SC2.

cmpuncle

lmao Starcraft 2.....I didn't just buy it....*looks innocent*, don't worry it won't stop me from posting cause I work most of the day anyway.  And I post from work usually now as well.

cmpuncle

In case any one is wondering when things will get moving again if you're all still interested, just thought I'd let you know that Saikotsu's modem was fried by a lightning storm so he won't be back online till he gets back to school in another week or so, and as far as I know Undercover is still having computer issues.

Skystomp

That would explain the sudden silence we got, I'm still game and patient to boot. Hope things work out for the both of them in rejoining the on-line community. On a more selfish note, that'll give me time to get my SC2 addiction kicked.

DigitLninja

I want to kick my addiction to that game as well... but I can't T_T
Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

hehehe, game junkies.  Hey everyone, sorry for my long absence.  I'll hopefully have some time later tonight to get this rp moving along again, assuming you all want to continue it.

Undercov3rL0ver

Hey everyone, Undercover here.  Saiko and I are going to wait to post until one or two more people post.  I'm going to send out a few pm's to see if I can re-rope some of our players back in. Regarding your OOC comment in the IC Skystomp, it's all good. I'm really sorry you all had to wait so long. My computer was down for the count, and getting it repaired has been...tedious.

cmpuncle

Yeah I know how annoying comp issues can be, after all my mom has them all the bloody time.  Not to mention I just got to tell her that it's time to get a new desktop, cause hers either fried it's power supply or it's motherboard.

Saikotsu

I too should apologize. Even though I've returned to college with internet access, I haven't been online that much, primarily due to being busy.  I'll check in on rp's when I can, but don't expect any sort of consistent schedule. I'm here when I'm here, and I'm not when I'm not. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- a friend

cmpuncle

that's ok zombie boy, just don't let me get too bored.....lol jk