Name: Leena Underhill
Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)
Size: Small (2'9" tall, 45 lbs)
Languages: Common. Halfling.
Class/Level: Monk 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Sailor

Feature: Bad Reputation

No matter where you go, people are afraid of you due to your reputation. When you are in a civilized settlement, you can get away with minor criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at a tavern or breaking down doors at a local shop, since most people will not report your activity to the authorities.

History
Some people are just born bad, and Leena Underhill is among the baddest around. From the day she was born into her halfling family, the  halfling girl had a violent temper that made her a terror to those around her as she grew up, bullying and harassing even the adults around her, and after the tiny riverside hamlet where she grew up was attacked and nearly decimated by human river pirates and many of the inhabitants - including her - were taken as captives to be sold as slaves, Leena learned that the only thing which was truly important in life was strength. Instead of being sold as the others were, Leena impressed the pirates with her ability and willingness to command respect and obedience from the other captives with fear, and soon joined them as a member of their crew rather than a captive.

Leena raided with the pirates for years, and her reputation for brutality spread far and wide. She enjoyed beating those larger and stronger than her into submission, and she would have gone on this way indefinitely had she not finally met her match one day in a wandering monk named Hu Yen, a traveler from a distant land who happened to be passing through the fishing village Leena's crew - as she had now taken it over herself - had come to pillage for loot and slaves. Her crew were beaten soundly by the man, who wore no armor and fought with nothing but a sturdy wooden staff and his bare hands. Leena fled as her crew were captured or killed to a man and delivered up to be tried and executed, and believing herself to have escaped justice, she rested in a hollow near the river, only to be awakened by the smell of cooking fish. When the badly beaten halfling girl saw that the very same strange-looking human who had defeated her and her men had found her once again, she realized that she had no chance of overcoming him, and he told her he had no intention of capturing her or turning her in. So instead, she talked, and listened to this man speak of the way of the fist, of harmony and inner strength.

That set her on a path which would see her in the company of the master monk Hu Yen for nearly six years, travelling the land and learning the secrets of the monk. Yen's influence turned her away from the evil path she'd previously been set on and Leena eventually mastered the basics of the Way, but not long afterward Leena awakened one morening to find her teacher vanished, with only a note to explain his disappearance - I have shown you the path, now you must walk it to know where it may lead.

Since then, Leena has traveled in search of her lost master and a new purpose. She is trying hard to be a better person, though her past reputation follows her everywhere, and old habits die hard...

HP and other vitals

Hit Points: 9
Hit Die: D8
Armor Class: 15
Passive Insight: 12
Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +3
Speed: 25 ft.
Ki Points: 0
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Proficiencies
Saves: Strength, Dexterity
Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Stealth
Tool: Navigator’s tools, vehicles (water), Woodcarvers Tools

Ability Scores

Strength: 13/+1
- Saving Throw: +3
- Athletics: +3
Dexterity: 17/+3 (+2 racial)
-Saving Throw: +5
- Acrobatics: +5
- Sleight of Hand: +3
- Stealth: +5
Constitution: 12/+1
- Saving Throw: +1
Intelligence: 8/-1
- Saving Throw: -1
- Arcana: -1
- History: -1
- Investigation: -1
- Nature: -1
- Religion: -1
Wisdom: 14/+2
- Saving Throw: +2
- Animal Handling: +2
- Insight: +2
- Medicine: +2
- Perception: +2
- Survival: +2
Charisma: 12/+1 (+1 racial)
- Deception: +1
- Intimidation: +3
- Performance: +1
- Persuasion: +1

Racial Features

-Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
-Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
-Lucky. When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
-Brave. You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
-Halfling Nimbleness. You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
-Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 1.
-Naturally Stealthy. You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.

Class Features and Feats

Class Features

Proficiencies
Armor: None
Weapons: Simple weapons, shortswords
Tools: Choose one type of artisan’s tools or one
musical instrument
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, History,
Insight, Religion, and Stealth

Unarmored Defense
Beginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.

Martial Arts
At 1st level, your practice of martial arts gives you mastery of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don’t have the two-handed or heavy property.

You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren’t wearing armor or wielding a shield:
• You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons.
• You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as you gain monk levels, as shown in the Martial Arts column of the Monk table.
• When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. For example, if you take the Attack action and attack with a quarterstaff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a bonus action, assuming you haven't already taken a bonus action this turn.

Feats

None

Equipment

• Quarterstaff
• Belaying pin (club)
• Explorer’s pack
-Has torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
• Sling
• 40 sling bullets
• Pouch containing 9 GP, 32 CP
• 50 feet of silk rope,
• a lucky charm (meditation stone)
• Woodcarvers Tools (1 gp, 5 lb)
• a set of common clothes

Combat Information

Quarterstaff: Attack +5; Damage 1d6+3/1d8+3 two-handed; Range melee; Bludgeoning, versatile
Belaying Pin: Attack +5; Damage 1d4+3; Range melee; Bludgeoning, light
Sling: Attack +5; Damage 1d4+3; Range 30/120; Ammunition
Unarmed Strike: Attack +5; Damage 1d4+3; Range melee; Bludgeoning

Chulanowa

Muse

Name: K'tanya, Daughter of Caspar
Race: Half Elf (Sun)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Sage/Urchin
Class: Wizard
Level: 1

Height: 5'
Weight: 100lbs
Measures: 32” C, 22”, 28”
Skin: Fair, with a golden tan. 
Hair: Hip length and fiery. 
Eyes: Amythest
Style: 

Strength      9   -1
Dexterity      16   +3
Constitution      14   +2
Intelligence      16   +3
Wisdom      8   -1
Charisma      14   +2

Hit Points: 8/8

Armor Class

Saving Throws (Intelligence, Wisdom)
Str -1, Dex +3, Con +2, Int +5, Wis +1, Cha +2

Attacks
Dagger (D20+5, d4+3, Range 20/60)
Spells: (d20+5, DC 13)

Class
Arcane Recovery: 1 Level
Armor Proficiency: none
City Secrets
Weapon Proficiencies: Daggers, Darts, Slings, Quarterstaffs, Light Crossbows. 

Race
Dakvision 60'
Fey Ancestry: K'tanya has advantage on saving throws against being charmed and magic cannot put her to sleep. 
Speed: 30'
Skill Versatility +2 Skill Proficiencies

Languages:
Common
Draconic
Elven
Halfling

Skill Proficiencies:
Athletics (2-1) +1
Arcana (2+3) +5
Investigation (2+3) +5
History (2+3) +5
Sleight of hand (2+3) +5
Stealth (2+3) +5

Spellcasting
Cantrips Known: Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Fire
Spells Known: 
1st Level: Detect Magic, Feather Fall, Find Familiar, Mage Armor, Sleep, Witch Bolt. 

Spells Prepared:  (4)  Feather Fall, Mage Armor, Sleep, Witch Bolt

Spell Slots: 
1st Level: 2/2

Tool Proficiencies
Theives' Tools 

Gear: 
Arcane Focus : Wand
Belt  Pouch (7GP, 7sp, 7cp)
Black Ink, Quill, Small Knife
Candle
Chalk
Outfit, Common
Pack, Explorer's
Ring, a small gold band set with an amethyst flame (a gift from her adoptive father.) 
Shovel
Soap
Spellbook

Personality Trait: I ask a lot of questions. 
Ideal: Respect: All people rich or poor, deserve respect. 
Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to Caspar, the wizard who took me in, and his wife Nirelle. 
Flaw: ???

History
K'tanya is quite certain her eleven father is unaware of her existence.  It doesn’t bother her anymore, but when—after her mother's death of fever—K'tanya was turned out onto the streets, she spent many nights dreaming of the day her father would come and take her somewhere warm and safe. 

She eventually fell in with a gang of pickpockets with a cruel but pragmatic faigan—Lorn.  She was forced to cut purses and perform minor robberies in return for food and shelter. 

The city she lived in bordered Cormyr, and slid further into anarchy and political instability by the day.  Finally the Forrest Kingdom sent in their purple dragons and war wizards to annex the city.  There was a small but bloody battle before the incompetent Grand Duke's was arrested and his heir offered position in cormyr's nobility in return for heir was offered marriage into a Cormyrean noble family—the Scatterhawks. 

The cormyrean army continued to occupy the city for several months 'til normal Cormyrean law and justice could be implemented.  A respected war wizard named Caspar was called in to help arrest Lorn and see his pickpockets resettled in a real orphanage. 

The wizard of the amethyst flame caught the entire band unaware and filled their meager house with a Web spell.  While other urchins screamed and thrashed, he noted a dirty little girl of about 9 or 11 standing still in the bindings, staring at him with purple eyes.  She could have been broken or hopeless, but Caspar didn't believe it.  He saw both intelligence and unquenchable will in those eyes.  By not fighting, she was avoiding hurting herself in the webs.  By staying quiet and cooperating, she could asses what was to befall her and await the right opertunity to make the move that would win her survival. 

Long story short, a few months later, Caspar brought an adopted daughter and new apprentice home to his wife and son. 

For the next 10 years, T'kanya lived a happy life as an apprentice wizard, slowly getting over the nightmares of the street and learning all manner of incredible things.  Her friends included a handsome young paladin, and a halfling whistler—jingo--a mad storyteller—Cyran—her brother, and the small gray cat who was her father's familiar. 

Upon Caspar's death, most of his estate went to her brother and step mother.  She still has a home with either of them but wishes to travel the world and hone her magic for a time before petitioning for membership in the War Wizards of Cormyr. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Rune

Before sending my character, I would like to know how the group's are split and what characters are in each group. That way I can make my character to help cover any deficits we may have.

rikka

Well I'm planning to play a cleric, and you did say one of the characters you have ready is a cleric, so I suggest a cleric for each group?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Chulanowa

additional images

Name: Sariel Tylonna
Race: High Elf
Class: Paladin
Background Folk Hero
Level: 1
Vitals
Hit Points: 12
Armor Class: 18 (16 Chain Mail, +2 shield)
Speed: 30

Str:   14 (+2)
   - Athletics +4
Dex:   14 (+2) (+2 Racial)
Con:   14 (+2)
Int:   10 (+0) (+1 Racial)
Wis:   12 (+1)
   - Animal handling +3
   - Perception +3
   - Survival +3
Cha:   15 (+2)
   - Persuasion +4

Saves: Wisdom, Charisma

Features
Racial Features:
   - +2 Dexterity
   - Medium Size
   - 30' walking speed
   - See in dim light 60', see in darkness as if dim
   - Proficiency in Perception
   - Advantage vs. Charm, magic cannot put to sleep
   - Only needs 4 hours rest
subrace Features:
   - +1 Intelligence
   - Proficiency in Longsword, Shortsword, Longbow, Shortbow
   - Knows one wizard cantrip; Prestidigitation (Uses Intelligence)
   - Extra language; Halfling

Class Features:
   - 1d10 HD
   - Proficient in all armor, shields
   - Proficient in all simple, martial weapons
   - Saving Throws; Wisdom, Charisma
   - Skills: two from Athletics, Insight, Intimidation, Medicine, Persuasion, and Religion
   - Divine Sense 3 times / day
   - Lay on Hands 5 points / day

Background Features:
   - Skills: Animal handling, Survival
   - Tools: One type of Artisan's Tools, vehicles (land)

Gear
Equipment:
   - Longsword (+4; 1d8; versatile 1d10)
   - Shortbow (+4; 1d6; range 80 / 320)
   - Chain Mail (Armor Class 16)
   - Shield (+2 Armor Class)
   - Holy Symbol
   - Explorer's Pack (backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50' hemp rope)
   - Shovel
   - Iron Pot
   - Artisan's Tools (Weaver)
   - 10 Gold

Not every Moon Elf lives in a crystal castle in the forest, sipping feywine and debating the finer points of magecraft. No, someone has to grow the grapes and berries for that wine, has to tend the flocks for the wool and cream, and otherwise be the support for society. That is, even the noble elves have peasants, and that is where Sariel's story began; She's a shepherd's daughter, who sat at her mother's knee, learning the arts of the loom with one ear, and the ways of the flock from her father with the other. It was a simple life, waking up early in the morning, taking the sheep to pasture, bringing them in, helping with dinner, doing loomwork and then sleeping to begin again. Every now and then her father would let her ride with him to deliver the village's crafts to market in the nearby human-run town of Hambolt, with whom the small elven village had good relations.

This worked well up until the local lord decided he wanted to extend his rule over the two border towns. The only means of resisting the people had were a few retired soldiers more familiar with a hoe than their own swords, and a small contingent of elven rangers. Hambolt acceded to the lord's demands, but the elves did not; three of those five rangers were killed in public execution for treason, and the entire village came under suspicion. Tariffs, duties, and taxes were imposed, guards were stationed, and the people yearned. Sariel's parents accepted this; the only other option was to fight, an they were no soldiers; besides, look what had become of poor Olefas, Tythiel and Komas, may they rest in peace. But Sariel was not quite so complacent. She and a few other young elves and humans conspired together, plotting ways to show up their new lord, protest his actions. it was all talk, for the most part; a few horse apples tossed at the guards, that's all. But Lord Doridge got wind of it, and cracked down. What was just a meeting of teenagers in a grove became a brawl as two dozen goons swooped in to make an arrest, and perhaps a few examples. Sariel, the other girls, and a few younger boys were beaten (that's all, thankfully) and the "leaders," the older young men, taken as conspirators.

This was perhaps a last straw, for both villages; The sight of a 16 year-old boy, his beaten face streaked with tears standing on the gallows was too much. His name was Othellas Caskwine. And his death brought out those soldiers with their rusty swords, farmers with pitchforks and plowhorses, and even the elves of the forest, armed with naught but staves, hunting bows, and anger. Sariel was in the midst; unwillingly at first, but when it comes to life or death and a soldier's spear is coming for you, a fallen friend's battered old sword is what you need. Lord Doridge's forces proved to be something of a paper tiger; good at oppressing peasants, not so good at keeping ranks when pressed by those peasants. The villages lost some good men and women; Sariel's sword belonged to none other than Bergerman Caskwine, who fell to a spear in the gut. But the lord's forces fled, beaten and bloodied. soon, other villages under his aegis rebelled as well. and somehow, Sariel's name was on their lips among the heroes and martyrs.

The revolution was short-lived; Lord Doridge simply didn't have the men or money to throw at putting it down, and in the end, the people of the land are what made hi ma lord; after a number of skirmishes and a march on his keep, he swore on the names of his ancestors to treat his wards better, to lower the taxes he claimed and to put more of them back into the land. And Sariel, who had shed and spilled blood, and had a slain man's sword in her hands, could not return to simply weaving and chasing sheep. There were others out there, far worse than Doridge. not just men, some who were truly monsters. Even with her parent's frowning disapproval, she set off into the world, a new cause burning in her heart.

Two caveats; I have only a passing knowledge of the Forgotten Realms setting, so i went with something a little generic in her background. Second, I glimpsed at the Hoard of the Dragon Queen book, and if we're using the character tie-ins, I think having Sariel be friends with Talis would work out pretty well .

Rune

Group A
Character Name. Class. Race. Gender.

1 Sariel Tylonna. Paladin, High Elf. Female
2 K'Tanya. Wizard. Half Elf. Female
3 Rune. Cleric. Human. Male

Group B

1 Leena Underhill. Monk. Halfling. Female
2 Araun Syolkiir. Ranger. Elf. Male
3 Rikka. Cleric.

Rook Seidhr

Looks like, in order to be useful, I should play a wizard in group B or a rogue or bard thingy in group A.

Playing a wizard when I haven't played 5e before and am in fact pretty rusty on this whole D&D thing seems unsound, so I'll go for the latter position.

eternaldarkness

I might be going with my backup concept after all, due to the lack of both arcanists and big muscly guys. We'll be hurting without any beatsticks and a shortage of utility casters too, but once i see what everyone ends up as i'll adjust.

AndyZ

Thanks for the headcount, Rune ^_^

I don't see a lot for bringing PCs together.  They have a few optional background stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's meant for NPCs.

If people want to group up and say that they all know each other, that's absolutely good by me.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

eternaldarkness

Then let's brainstorm and figure out some connections! As I said earlier, Leena could know people for any number of reasons. Since this is FR, i figure her crew was probably selling their captives to the Zhentarim, so it's entirely possible she might have nabbed a friend or loved one of one of the PC's, though it would have been a few years back. We could also contrive a reason for her to know some of the PC's from meeting them during her time wandering about with her former master, Hu Yen. They did a lot of wandering kung fu hero type stuff together like in her backstory and could have gone anywhere in the realms.

Alternately, I have an idea for converting her into a fey-pact warlock with basically the same background which might work even better for connections. So give me your ideas and opinions, everyone!

Chulanowa

Quote from: AndyZ on December 30, 2014, 06:52:00 PM
Thanks for the headcount, Rune ^_^

I don't see a lot for bringing PCs together.  They have a few optional background stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's meant for NPCs.

If people want to group up and say that they all know each other, that's absolutely good by me.

The optional background stuff is actually explicitly intended for PC's, to link them to the story. it's like Campaign Traits in pathfinder, that way. here's the list of alternate / additional Bonds, plus some Optional Features:

Possible light spoilers

APPENDIX A: BACKGROUNDS

This appendix provides players with an easy way to create characters with compelling ties to the events of Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

Background Template
   below is a background template that applies to any backgroudn that you select or create. You can replace or augment some or all of the options in your chosen background with one or more of the elements given below. Each section tells you whether it repalces or adds to your background.

The Story Thus Far...
   As the Cult of the dragon has grown bolder, its actions have drawn attention. Your character has stumbled into the Cult's scehme in some manner or has a connection to dragons. The following tables provide you with bonds tailored to this campaign. Use htem in place of or in addition to the ones you selected from (or created for) your background.

1. Leosin Erlanthar, a wandering monk, once saved your life. He's sent urgent word for you to meet him in a small town named greenest. Looks like it's time to pay off that debt.

2. When an orc raid drove your family from your home, the people of greenest took you in. Anyone who threatens Greenest is your sworn enemy.

3. every five nights, you have a strange sequence of apocalyptic dreams. The world is destroyed by cold, choking fumes, lightning storms, waves of acid, and horrible fire. Each time, the dream ends with ten evil eyes glaring at you from the darkness. You feel a strange compulsion to travel to Greenest. Perhaps the answer to the riddle of your dreams awaits you there.

4. Ontharr Frume, a crusading warrior and champion of good, is your friend and mentor. he has asked you to travel to greenest in search of rumors of increasing dragon activity.

5. You have heard rumors that your close childhood friend, a half-elf named Talis, has been kidnapped by a strange group of dragon cultists. Your investigations into the cult have led you to the town of greenest. You must save her!

6. Being the grandchild of a renowned dragon slayer is usually  a good way to impress people, but just last week a gang of ruffians attacked you. You barely escaped with your life, but as you fled, the ruffians told you that the Cult of the dragon never forgets and always avenges. You're hoping to lie low in a sleepy little town called greenest until this blows over.

7. On his deathbed, your father confessed that he had become involved with a group called the cult of the dragon. They paid him to smuggle goods across the sword coast. Wracked by guilt, he begged you to investigate the cult and undo the evil he may have helped foster. he urged you to begin your search in a town called Greenest[/b]

8. The dragons destroyed everything you hold dear. They killed your family and destroyed your home. Now, with nothing but what you carry on your back and a horrid scar of the near-fatal wounds you sustained in the attack, you seek revenge.

9. You and your family were members of hte Cult of the dragon, until your rivals in the cult arranged to wipe you out. Though they slaughtered your kin, you survived, but they think you're dead. Now is your chance for vengeance! Your hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. You have arrived in greenest, knowing it's next on the cult's list of targets.

10. You have a secret. You were once a gold dragon who served Bahamut. You were too proud and vain, to the point that Bahamut decided to teach you a lesson. You have been trapped in a weak, humanoid body, with memories of your former life but a dim shadow. You remember only one thing with perfect clarity: Bahamut's command to go into the world and prove your devotion to the case of good. If you prove worthy, on your death you will return to his side in your true form.

Optional Features
   below are two optional features that you can choose in place of the feature normally granted by your background.

Cult of the Dragon Infiltrator
   You have infiltrated the ranks of the Cult of the dragon. Having spied on the organization for some time, you are familiar with its inner workings and customs. You have a second identity as an initiate of the cult, enough of a facade to blend in as a simple grunt or servant.

Dragon Scholar
   You have studied dragons and their lore for many years. You can automatically identify locations built or used by dragons and can identify dragon eggs and scales by sight. if you fail an intelligence check to recall lore relating to dragons, you know someone or some book you can consult for the answer, unless the DM rules that the lore is unknown.

AndyZ

I stand corrected ^_^

If anyone wants to take some of that, they may do so, even if it means changing sheets that they'd already made.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Chulanowa

10 cracks me up.

"You are a schizophrenic hypochondriac dragon with daddy issues."

AndyZ

Let me drop this down, by the way.  It's the back cover, but with some redaction on my part.

In an audacious bid for power, the Cult of the Dragon, along with its dragon allies and the Red Wizards of Thay, seek [Redacted]. To this end, they are sweeping from town to town, laying waste to all those who oppose them and gathering a hoard of riches [Redacted]. The threat of annihilation has become so dire that groups as disparate as the Harpers and Zhentarim are banding together in the fight against the cult. Never before has the need for heroes been so desperate.

AndyZ

I've spoken with Letrixia, and she's looking at a rogue.

I haven't checked the book to see about traps and all yet, but since Muse's character has proficiency with thieves' tools, we may swap Muse into Group B and just need some kind of spellcaster for Group A.  That way both sides will have someone who can disarm traps.

Chulanowa

AndyZ

Quote from: Riveda on December 30, 2014, 11:12:56 AM
Looks like, in order to be useful, I should play a wizard in group B or a rogue or bard thingy in group A.

Playing a wizard when I haven't played 5e before and am in fact pretty rusty on this whole D&D thing seems unsound, so I'll go for the latter position.

I'm sorry, Riveda.  I don't know how I missed this.

If you want, I can try to talk to folks, or I can just personally try to help you with wizardy stuff.  Do you have a preference?

Rook Seidhr

Eh, I'll take the wizardry. The Web of a Million Opinions can supply tactical options I'm sure :) and I'd be grateful for your help.

eternaldarkness

I'll happily help you with the wizardy stuff too. Being a caster is actually much easier in 5E than any previous edition, and you'll find yourself much more flexible than any previous editions as well.

AndyZ

Excellent.  So right now we're looking at

Group A

1 Sariel Tylonna. Paladin, High Elf. Female
2 Letrixia's Rogue
3 Rune. Cleric. Human. Male
4 Riveda's spellcaster.

Group B

1 Leena Underhill. Monk. Halfling. Female
2 Araun Syolkiir. Ranger. Elf. Male
3 Rikka. Cleric.
4 K'Tanya. Wizard. Half Elf. Female

Clerics can also be swapped if so preferred.

Last question will be if people want the game set in Bondage or just Light.  I have no idea what y'all might be planning to get up to.

rikka

Name: Mercusio Gondsworth
Race: Human
Languages: Common, Elvish, Dwarf, Orc
Class/Level: Cleric 1 (Lathander)
Alignment: Neutral
Background: Acolyte
Feature:Shelter of the Faithful

History & Background
Mercusio Gondsworth, son of a merchant from Iriaebor, does not have what it takes in being an outstanding businessman just like his parents and has become sort of a rich spoiled brat. He thus spends most of his time in a life of wanton extravagance – partying with friends, gambling, or indulging with quick company.

While seen as a great disappointment by his father, the Gondsworth patriarch has not abandoned all hope for his rather worthless son.  A devout follower, and a generous donor, to the church of Lathander, Mercusio’s father wished his son to be taken in by the prestigious holy order of the Morninglord - so as that they would make a better man out of him. 

One day, clerics of Lathander came to the Gondsworth residence and picked up a pathetic Mercusio, who practically kicked and screamed as he was being taken away.  To make it clearer, Mercusio’s father sent him a letter – shortly upon arriving in the temple – with the family seal, stating that all his finances have been repealed and that he is not welcomed in the Gondsworth household, and its related businesses, until he learns to become a better person, by developing virtues that would make up for his inequities.

Mercusio did not like the way he was ‘abandoned’ and ‘disowned’ by this family, and curses them for dumping him to a place where he could not enjoy the finer things in life anymore.  For him, being sent to the holy order of Lathander was hell.

Time passed on and the daily teaching and trainings of being an acolyte for the Morninglord were difficult and strenuous for Mercusio, for he was not used to unfamiliar activities and hardships.  At the same time he was being stubbornly difficult with his peers and superiors, earning him of being greatly disliked by them.  But ultimately Mercusio had little choice in his situation, and the daily drills and mantra were hard not to be ignored - as they slowly instill into his person.

Eventually – after much time and effort unusually given to a trainee – Mercusio graduates in becoming an acolyte of Lathander.  As his first assignment, he is to go on a pilgrimage to place called Greenest in the North. There to spread the teachings of the Morninglord to its people and to assist them in any way he can.

Personality: I like the finer things in life. I expect compensations for my efforts.
Ideals: To each his own.
Bond: I’ll do anything for the group, as long it benefits me.
Flaw: Whenever possible I avoid poverty and hardships.

HP and other vitals

Hit Points: 10
Hit Die: D8
Armor Class: 15 (17 with shield)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft.
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Proficiencies
Saves: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Insight, Medicine, Persuasion, Religion

Ability Scores

Strength: 13/+1
- Athletics: +1
Dexterity: 15/+2
-Saving Throw: +2
- Acrobatics: +2
- Sleight of Hand: +2
- Stealth: +2
Constitution: 14/+2
- Saving Throw: +2
Intelligence: 10
- Saving Throw: 0
- Arcana: 0
- History: 0
- Investigation: 0
- Nature: 0
- Religion: +2
Wisdom: 17/+3
- Saving Throw: +5
- Animal Handling: +3
- Insight: +5
- Medicine: +5
- Perception: +3
- Survival: +3
Charisma: 17/+3
- Saving Throw: +3
- Deception: +3
- Intimidation: +3
- Performance: +3
- Persuasion: +5

Class Features and Feats

Class Features

Proficiencies
Armor: Light and Medium armors, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons
Spellcasting
Spell save DC 13
Spell attack modifier +5

Ritual Casting
Can cast clerical spell as ritual if it has the ritual tag and have said spell prepared

Ritual Casting
Can cast clerical spell as ritual if it has the ritual tag and have said spell prepared
Spellcasting Focus
Can use holy symbol as spellcasting focus for clerical spells

Divine Domain
Life Domain
-   Bonus Proficiency: Heavy armors at 1st level
-   Disciple of Life: healing spells restore an additional 3 hit points
-   Domain Spells: bless, cure light wounds

Equipment

-   Mace
-   Chainmail
-   Shield
-   Light crossbow w/ 20 bolts
-   Priest’s pack
-   Holy symbol
-   prayer book
-   5 incense sticks
-   Vestments
-   Set of common clothes
-   Belt pouch
-   Manacles
-   13 gp

Combat Information

Mace: Attack +3; Damage 1d6+1; Range melee; Bludgeoning
Light crossbow: Attack +4; Damage 1d8; Range 80/320; Piercing, loading, two-handed

Spells

Known Cantrips: light, sacred flame, spare the dying

Spells Prepared
1st level (slots – 2): bless (D), command, cure light wounds (D), guiding bolt, healing word, sanctuary

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

FragarachZ

6. Being the grandchild of a renowned dragon slayer is usually  a good way to impress people, but just last week a gang of ruffians attacked you. You barely escaped with your life, but as you fled, the ruffians told you that the Cult of the dragon never forgets and always avenges. You're hoping to lie low in a sleepy little town called greenest until this blows over.

Wow, being the descendant of a dragon slayer is actually a campaign hook? I just put that in there to somehow explain starting off with favored enemy: dragons.
Now, let's arm everyone with dragon slayers and give the neutral good elf a nice sword. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

I'll detail his background a bit more soon-ish when a character thead comes up, for now it looks like a grade schoolers homework because I wrote what around 2:30 AM the day and now I'm caught up in organizing a party for new years.
O&O

Chulanowa

Hmmm. Thought we were splitting up based on post frequency?

AndyZ

We can do that if people want to, but I haven't heard much in the way of how often people post.