The Gods have left...the world in flames.

Started by Lord Malcolm, January 28, 2012, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Malcolm

I agree. You're more than welcome to join. Lighten the mood. Anything you like. :D
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130859.0

There is nothing so stunning in its diversity of form, nor so beautifully exquisite in its proportion, as woman.

Erato

I'm interested in joining if you're still adding.

Name: Ella Wintercroft
Bio: Mage, healer. On a pilgrimage from her order in a coming of age rite of passage.
Appearance: Graceful only when standing still, she gives the appearance of a young woman trying to be older than she actually is. Shoulder length wavy brown hair, violet colored eyes, barely 5 foot. Slender but curvy.
Secret: Her parentage is a mystery to her. Raised by an order of mage healers has given her substantial magical abilities which include bending fate and time.
In the game of chess the Queen protects the King.

Sasquatch421

I'd be interested in joining if this is still up and going. I'm just curious on what would be accepted as chars... The two I had in mind was a Halfling Rouge or a Minoutar Warden....

Lord Malcolm

Both of you are welcome. Sasquatch, you're welcome to join, but this is not actually a system game. A few of the terms common in system games have been used because they are archetypes and people are referring to each other in that manner.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130859.0

There is nothing so stunning in its diversity of form, nor so beautifully exquisite in its proportion, as woman.

Sasquatch421

Ahh I see... I'd just use it as a guideline anyways. I was more courious about the races cause I'm always human so I like to be other things in roleplays...

Sasquatch421

Name: Merric
Bio: Merric is your typical rougish character. He grew up in a good family that spent the nights telling storys about ancient relatives exploits and travels in the world. Merrics favorite stories are of a fictional character named Tasselhoff who is small of stature like him, but always seems to borrow things. The other story is of his great grandmother Kithri who if the story is to be beleived fell in love with a dragon.

Meric went on with his days preforming simple tricks for others, until he came of age. One day he got caught "borrowing" a shiny necklace and in his haste to escape actually shifted into a small emerald colored dragon and flew away from the city, abit without his shiny. Spending time away from his family Merric honed this abiltity along with discovering an natural talent for minor spell casting which he found to be largely undependable.

Heading home he said good bye to his family and heading out Merric seeks to discover if the tale about his great grandmother is true.

Marric is upbeat and carefree... He's a prankster at heart often playing joke at the expense of party members, but deep down he'll die for anyone he sees as a friend. He also avoids spell casting, but when he has to any given spell has a chance to fail or be something totally different then what he wants to use.

Appearance: Marric has a childish appearance though he is older then he appears. Standing at 3' 9" he escapes the notice of much larger people giving him the time he needs to borrow. He has long brown hair that he keeps up in a top knot with amber colored eyes.

He dresses in leather armor that was passed on through his family along with a pair of enchanted bracers that summon throwing daggers to his hand. When he needs to fight he has a pair of kris style daggers in plain sheaths. Marric also has numerous pouches hidden on his person and a plain black cloak to keep the wind and rain off.

In his other form he has the appearance of a small emerald dragon. Being as small as he is the seams of his scales are hard to see which gives him a streamline look.

Secret: The source of his powers...

Sasquatch421

I'm sorry for so many posts in a row...Not being able to edit sucks. I've decided against the Marric character since there seems to be enough chars that could pick a lock or disarm a trap already.  This is my new character, let me know if something won't work...

Name: Storm
Bio: Storm is the offspring of a weretiger and human woman. Due to his beastial appearance and nature he was abandoned and left for dead. As luck would have it Storm was found and adopted by a traveling Swordmage. Raise on the road Storm grew to be good natured and was a natural prankster to those he let close enough to be friends with.

Intially he had no ability for magic but his mentor took him to an ancient place where Storm made a pact with an unknown entity which unlocked the gift within. From then on he studied mastering his art growing to be experienced wielding both single blades and dual wielding. Storm also learned the basics of using a greatsword, but he considers them to be to slow for him.

When his master finally passed away Storm set out on his own to increase his perspective of the surrounding world and to finally calm the beast within. When he first meets people he is standoffish because he is unsure what others will think of him and for fear of losing control of his more bestial side.

Appearance: Storm is a human being with a catlike appearance that stand about 5'10". He has long hair that he keeps pulled back that is brown, but has an orange tint to it when in the light. His eyes look those of a cat, which allows him to see better in low light conditions then others.

His face has more of a wide flattish nose, large eyes and his ears are pointed. When in the heat of battle he can call upon his beastial nature to look more catlike but never fully shifting like his ancestors. He wears leather armor, but refuses to wear boots. Instead Storm wraps his feet in leather strips so that he can utilize his claws that extend from his toes to increase his mobility. Like wise he uses leather bracers so he can use the claws on his fingers as well.

Weapon wise he carries twin katana's. One remains on his back while the other remain on his hip. Whether he wields them both depends on the situation....

Erato

Quote from: Lord Malcolm on April 09, 2012, 09:41:15 PM
Both of you are welcome. Sasquatch, you're welcome to join, but this is not actually a system game. A few of the terms common in system games have been used because they are archetypes and people are referring to each other in that manner.

Lord Malcolm, thanks for letting me join. I read what had been started when I first joined Elliquiy and knew I wanted in on this. :)

I did post, an intro to allow you the choice of how we meet - is Ella the one you and your companions sensed nearby or perhaps someone else is watching/hunting her and you come across them, etc.
In the game of chess the Queen protects the King.

Styx26

So since selfexiled is on hiatus, I think Lord Malcolm should be the next to post...?
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

NatalieB

This looks really fun - is it open to new characters?  And, particularly, unapproved ones?

Not that I'm trying to bribe you or anything, but I just put some cookies in the oven.  If you say yes, then there may well be chocolate chip deliciousness in your future.

Blanhowl

I'm interested in joining in if this is still running, and you're still open to newcomers.
So... would I be able to propose a character? Pah-lease?

Styx26

I apologize for posting this so late.

Lord Malcolm hasn't been able to post as much as he would like to, due to his personal RL. So, I'd like to try and guide this story along, if it is alright with the rest of you.

For his character Cain we (the rest of us) can see him vanish and then reappear later, for when Lord Malcolm returns.

Anyone who would like to post a character may do so. Very basic stuff for character info:

Name:
Biography:
Appearance:
Secret:

Feel free to ask any questions on here. Thanks! :)
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!