One Piece: Dawning Dragons

Started by KnightNelson20, November 19, 2011, 01:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolhands

Name: Marlin Tsunami
Appearance: Marlin is a sail fish type fishman.  He is tall with a slender muscular frame that is build for speed.  His skin is a light blue, and he has short dark blue hair.  His nose is that of a sail fish about a foot long and sharp.  His most prominent physical feature is the long sail like dorsal fin that runs all the way down his back, it is usually laid flat against his back, but it will raise in battle or to aid in swimming.  There is the mark of the celestial dragons tattooed on his shoulder, that he hopes to get rid of one day. He usually wears khaki shorts and a t shirt with palm trees printed on it.
Role: Shipwright
Skills: Marlin is an experienced shipwright, with a fair amount of knowledge associated with the building and fixing of ships.  He is also a moderately skilled hand to hand fighter having learned low levels of fishman karate when he was young.  When forced to use a weapon, he will use a two man cross cut saw that can be attached to his sail fin.  When it comes to swimming he is very fast even for fishmen.
Weakness: Marlin is still a fairly inexperienced fighter, not remembering much of his training in fishman karate, as well as know knowing the more advanced techniques.  Also the speed that his slender frame allows means that he lacks durability, and can not sustain very much damage.  His techniques are much less effective on land then they are underwater.
Techniques:

Sail strike- Marlin launches himself straight forward at his enemy aiming to strike them with his large sail like dorsal fin.  This ability is    enhanced when combined with his saw attached to his fin.  This skill works much better underwater then it does on land.

Palm impact strike- A simple karate technique that consists of an open palmed strike.  When it connects with an opponent (or comes close  to connecting under water) it sends a strong shock wave through the water in a persons body, causing internal damage.

Streaming current- Another low level karate technique that allows marlin to create moderate currents underwater.  These currents have little damage potential at this level, but can be used in various creative ways.  They are also a good way to increase his speed, or slow down enemies underwater.

Bio:  Marlin was born and raised in fishman island, and lived with his parents.  His father was a member of king Neptune's army, and from an early age marlin was trained to follow in his fathers footsteps.  When he was old enough he began training at the fishman dojo, learning the art of fishman karate. 
    At the age of 17 Marlin and a few friends left fishman island to explore near the surface hoping to find interesting adventures closer the the lands of humans.  Unfortunately for him they were ambushed by one of the many kidnapping gangs that scour the seas, a notorious gang known as the black donnelly gang.  Marlin was sold into slavery and was bought by one of the celestial dragons, who used him for all forms of slave labor and was often beaten close to death. 
   The royalty eventually became bored with their new toy and decided to sell him in order to purchase a new slave.  Luckily for him he was bought by a rich ship builder who resided on a small island in the grand line.  This man was the first human to begin to treat marlin in a half decent manner, and had him working on the under side of ships.  Marlin slowly began to learn the trade of ship building and repair.  He worked this way for the next 6 years in this way, but marlin continually dreamed of the day when he could stop being a slave and could travel, trying to help slaves in any way he could.
(i was thinking that the island that he is working on could be the same island where the captain and crew are coming together, and he could be liberated or escape to become the crews shipwright.  I hope this is satisfactory, i am open to any suggestions or revisions anyone may have)

DKDBSD

kingmaster1

I like the idea of both a fishman and a shipwrite so...both at once could be quite an advantage  ;D

KnightNelson20

Guys im completely brain dead on how to start this rp. Its killing me. Ive been coming here for two days trying to write it but my muse is dead. I need ideas fast. Brainstroming team GO!

DKDBSD

Erm Where in the Grandline would make the most sense for us to start?

coolhands

Which characters are in the crew already?  Find out which of us you have to pick up and on what island

HollowX

Alabaster? I mean it's practically the continent of the Grand Line, so it might make sense to start from there *shrugs*. Or, we could start at the island of the last recruit, near the middle of the journey to the next half.

coolhands

I would be fine with alabaster, it gives us time to get strong and make a name for ourselves before we get close to the red line.

kingmaster1

us starting on the island in my bio would work, since I wasn't already recruited. plus it would give an easy start point since it's an island in the grand line, and since it's a port town we could get used to the characters (just suggesting)  :-)

KnightNelson20

Im sorry guy I am going to have to ask someone else to start this rp. I was going to put it in Extreme small groups under the samename. I just cant seem to get my mind around it. And with the weekend coming up i have lots of wotk ahead of me. Im sorry to keep you waiting but i refuse to let this die. Someone please start this. And continue. While i search for my muse. :(

DKDBSD

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on December 01, 2011, 10:48:54 AM
Im sorry guy I am going to have to ask someone else to start this rp. I was going to put it in Extreme small groups under the samename. I just cant seem to get my mind around it. And with the weekend coming up i have lots of wotk ahead of me. Im sorry to keep you waiting but i refuse to let this die. Someone please start this. And continue. While i search for my muse. :(

That sounds fine I just want to know where we're starting Kimiko has yet to join the crew.

HollowX

That would be the point of passing it onto someone else :/

I can take over the game, at least for a little bit, but I would prefer someone else to take over. Still, I can take over if someone else doesn't want to do it.

kingmaster1

if I wanted to start it would i just set up the forum page and put where we start? cause if it's that I could try my hand at it.  :-)

HollowX

Alright, it's been decided (at least for me ;)) Kingmaster and I will lead this game for now. I have a thread up for posts here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=125876.0

kingmaster1

DKDBSD

Hollow why did you have the ship avoid Alabasta?

HollowX

Because in this thread we were originally discussing avoiding or being past Alabaster. Since King and I didn't disagree with it, I had to come up with a reason, so I used what was said by the royal palace people after the two year skip, that there was too much attention there to be worth anything *shrugs*

kingmaster1

hopefully since now we all have an IC thread we can go with that, and hopefully the captain comes soon and posts too  :P

also DKDBSD maybe your character can be on the same island that mine is on, since that would make it convenient for both of us to be recruited  ;D

Vaulera

I would really appreciate you backing off on the insanely fast start there kingmaster. Two people have done their introductions and you already have gone and moved the entire crew without notice consent or segway. How did I go from a crows nest to a bar in a matter of seconds? Not to be rude, but I would think it prudent to let your introduction come after all of those on the crew.

kingmaster1

K sorry Vaulera, I changed it.  :-\

Vaulera

Thank you very much, that works well indeed.

KnightNelson20

Thank you very much for starting it guys i just couldnt get it out with work and my muse being dead. i have replied and im glad to see no one ran away when i failed lol.

coolhands

Hey can any one tell me what the design of the pirate flag is, perferably the captin i suppose

Vaulera

A dragon skull might make some sense no?