War of the Five Kings - A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) RP

Started by Tyrus, January 03, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creative Accountant

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Tyrus

Alright so if noone else is joining/changing characters, I'll go ahead and make the threads ASAP. I'm going to take some time to figure out a cohesive way of setting the stage and such. There will be two topics: One for KL and one for those in the Riverlands/Crownlands.

Also, Eleah has dropped out, but everyone else is still in I presume?
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

Creative Accountant

Might it be worth keeping everyone in KL given we only have 8 at the moment? It could have different areas it mean we can more easily interact. I would expect the castle/keep, and then possibly split the 8 gates (it may not be 8 my memory is hazy) into 3 or 4 other areas?

Just a thought. Still interested though.

Edit - 7 gates as 7 is a special number like the 7 gods. Areas could be the Harbour, Fleas Bottom, Red Keep and possibly another one or two for variety?

xPeachyPuff

I think I agree with Creative Accountant (: But I'm still in! <3

-xSRx

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Primarch

Tybalt

Hey there. If me throwing in an application today would throw a wrench in the plans or delay things, then I'll hold off. I've been dying to play in a Song of Ice and Fire game, however, so I'd love to know if you're still taking applications. If so, I'll try to have one by tonight.

Creative Accountant

I would imagine you would be more than welcome, the more the merrier to be honest so I would post up a Character Sheet as soon as.

However I think Tyrus is in charge so final decision is his.

YaoiRolePlay

I'm interested, and I want to do something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe Tywin? Or Tyrian. Nah, probably Tywin.

Tybalt

Character Name: The High Septon (formerly Jerith Flowers)
Loyalist or Separatist: Loyalist
House: Being a bastard, he has no concept of who his family was, only that his mother was a tavern girl and his father a lord of the Reach. He owes his position to the Lannisters.
Faction: Head of the Faith of the Seven.
Family: His mother died when he was 12, and he never knew his father, or if he had any siblings.
Appearance: The latest High Septon is a tall, comely man in his early 40's. He has short brown hair and brown eyes with high, sharp cheekbones. He is a thin man, especially when compared to his robust predecessor. His appearance and demeanor have led to him being called 'the Pretty One'.
Personality: The current High Septon cares little for others beyond their use to him. When working in his role as a man of the Faith, he is able to inspire many, but it's all a show to him. He can be charming, but he tries to keep conversations brief, as he's unable to truly understand if he says something offputting or unsettling. He is intelligent, driven, and ambitious. While having no real feelings to speak of, he is rarely needlessly cruel, and takes no pleasure in hurting others. If required to fulfill one of his schemes, however, he will not flinch from harming others.
Equipment: He wears the traditional crown of crystals when performing his duties, and his dress changes depending on the situation. When among mainly nobilitty, he prefers to garb himself in stylish robes that many nobles would be jealous of. When walking amongst the smallfolk, he prefers a more subdued attire, to make it easier for them to identify with them. He almost never carries a weapon, having little skill in martial pursuits.
Skills:

• Oratory
The High Septon has a natural gift for speaking in front of large groups, one he has honed to an artform on his way to becoming High Septon. Between his voice, mannerisms, and presence, often members of the crowd will be reduced to tears.
  • Cunning
Possessed of a keen mind, the High Septon is quite adept at finding out who his enemies are, and deducing their plans if given enough time. He is well-read, and is fond of the Maesters of the Citadel, despite the usual animosity most septons feel towards the secular group.
  • Acting
Though he has very little emotions himself, he is able to mimic them with precision, enabling him to pass as normal, most of the time. However, occasionally he will miss the mark and put on a brilliant display of an inppropriate emotion.[/list]
Origins/History: Jerith Flowers was a bastard-born son of a tavern girl and a noble from the Reach. He was never officially recognized, and when his mother died when he was 12, he decided to serve the Seven. Between his intellect, charm, and ability to sway a crowd, he was able to attain a seat amongst the Most Devout by the age of 27. Some whisper that he was somehow behind his predecessor's death, which was deemed accidental when he choked on his food.

I'll be glad to fill in more, this is only what I have so far. I know quite a bit about the series, both the books and the television series. I'm about halfway through the third book, but I've spoiled myself on a lot of the major points. If High Septon is perhaps a bit too high up the food chain, I can change it up to something else, I have a few ideas.

Charlemagne

Sorry for not posting an App, OP, I had one all made up, and I went to post it, session timed out, and bam. It's gone. Forgot to copy and paste like I usually do, since I write replies well past the session timeout limit, so I can get a sense of how long it'll look. Aaaaand I really don't feel like making another, but maybe I'll find some time tomorrow in the library to remake it, but like, 1/4th the size.

AusGre

Arn Foltest

Origins/History
As are all sons and daughters of Westeros, some are born into nobility and with the wealth to support all great efforts given to those sons of blood. Others are branded as commoners and militiaman, destined to give their lives for those higher lords as the gods would see them fit. Men took women and birthed their sons to do the bidding of others, as was Arn's birthing. There was nothing special about him and nothing special about the circumstances of his birth, he was a simple farmer boy who grew up tilling the fields and travelling the barges up and down the rivers of the Riverlands.

As short as all lives are, Arn's was no longer than those who had been born around him. Having heard the stories and learning literacy from bits and pieces of paper that he could place finger up, he had been shown how the Riverlands were used as a battleground for all the Westeros Lords and Kings. He saw how the Tully's were nothing more than vassals who only held onto their lands and wanted nothing more for their people, he grew to resent them. When Arn was brought in as a soldier for the Bannermen of House Tully, he circulated the camps and watches, speaking about how the Tully's cared not for their lives, but merely for their place in the noble society that Westeros was built upon.

Gradually, he convinced those of similar station to believe that the Tully's cared not for their people, simply how much crop they could produce and how much money they could garnish for their taxes. As short as all lives are, Arn's time came when he was confronted by those who served the Tully's as their dogs and was to be taken in for treason against House Tully. Arn had gathered enough support from the Bannerlords' men, that he was able to resist the inquisition by those of House Tully and started to propose the idea of rebellion against their masters. Many agreed and many disagreed, dividing the Riverlands between those who supported Arn and those who supported House Tully.

Eventually skirmishes started to take place, the rebel faction always on the move, gathering supporters to their banners and striking the Tully's when able to. His greatest victory was the siege of Harrenhal where he had taken the once-mighty-fortress for his own forces. Alas, Arn had come in contact with a brutish man in full armor and was beaten severely as he fought honorably against the giant of a man. His leg had been beaten and broken and only recently has been able to walk on the leg again, with the help of a cane. Still, Arn had tried his best to lead his armies from afar and still attempts to regain his full range of movements.

Faction

The Riverland Order is dedicated to freeing the Riverlands from the control of House Tully and the Kings of Westeros, instead making the Riverlands it's own independent kingdom free from the tyranny of others. Born from the ambition of Arn Foltest, it is derived from the innate desire of all commoners to be free of their overlords and rule over themselves in a republic fashion. The Riverland Order is an advocate for the rulership of the common people and wishes to overrule the blood's claim to rulership and instead rely on integrity, talent and care for the common man.

Personality
Nature: Inside is the swirling motion of Arn's inner struggle between his sinful was and the virtuous by which he displays to the world. Arn is beset by his desires by the inside and often fights himself, which leads to his slow reaction and acceptance to that which has passed. It also promises that Arn will take what he wants from the world, if his heart desires it enough and he cares not for how he takes it. Yet, it's not uncommon for his decisions to be breaking and fluid, like tossing away trash one moment and picking up a promising object the next.

Demeanor: Arn has faced many challenges in his life and has experienced the fear that each test brings him, he has grown a callous on him from these experiences and presents a stoic attitude to those who surround him. He is often seen with a hinted frown and an escaped look in his eye, as if he is somewhere else and not where he needs to be. Yet, his service in the military has taught him etiquette and discipline. On the front, he may seem like a survivor or a diplomat to anyone he sees.

Equipment

Diplomatic Affairs

1. A plain black longcoat, with hidden buttons and a pulled up collar.
2. An iron longsword that hangs on his side and through a belt that hangs loosely around his coat.
3. A pin wearing his order's sigil; A Bucking Horse.
4. A sleek blackwood cane.

Military Affairs
1. A light set of armor; a padded cloth coat adorned with armor on the shoulders and a breastplate, leather greavers and leather boots.
2. An iron longsword that hangs on his backside, strapped by a leather cord around his waist.
3. A hidden dagger on the backside of his leather greavers.
4. A sleek blackwood cane.

Personal Affairs
1. A loose set of clothing consisting of; a cotton lace shirt, cloth pants and leather boots.
2. a sleek blackwood cane
3. an iron dagger on his belt.

Skills
Merits

Social Tact: Arn has displayed a sense of right and wwrong in a court setting; he has learned the etiquette of the court and how to avoid loosing face when dealing in politics.

Dirty Fighting: Adapting to his now injured leg, Arn has to rely on quick and deft movements in combat and therefore will often employ less than honorable fighting techniques in order to end a battle quickly and without further injury to his person.

Demagogue: Having learned the art of orating to a less-than-public people, he has learned to push the bad about those above himself and inspire those below himself to believe in the same thing. Whether true or false.

Flaws

Injured: Arn has suffered from an injury to his leg for sometime and as a result, is not as fast or as vigorous as he was before his injury. He cannot battle for long and is slowed a great deal, unless he risks further injury to his leg.

Rebellious: Earning the black name of a rebel has certainly marked a number of things about Arn and those who follow him, he may not be very well liked in a courtly setting.

Lowborn: Arn had scratched his status through bloodshed and dedication, rather than be appointed status and prowess at birth. While he may try to socialize and involve himself in the realm's politics, he is constantly reminded of his intended station.

Photo

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

jetblackmirror

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,
𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

sansa

Im interested but all seems full so i just wanted it known ill be following to see how this goes (: i had wanted to start a GoT RP but it never happened /: k! Enjoy
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Creative Accountant

Quote from: sansa on January 31, 2013, 04:47:29 PM
Im interested but all seems full so i just wanted it known ill be following to see how this goes (: i had wanted to start a GoT RP but it never happened /: k! Enjoy

Hey Sansa

We haven't actually started yet so I'm sure there is space for more people. Throw in a character sheet!

:)

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Creative Accountant

You could be anyone at all. The obvious call would be a certain red haired lady from the north but I don't know if that's who you want to be. There is a Joffrey so that may sway you either way.

Other than that we have 2/3 baratheons, 2/3 lannisters and roughly one each from the others except that lot from high garden with the knight of flowers etc as well as some random sellswords and summer islanders.

sansa

::) I'd absolutely love to be Sansa Stark (older age then the series haha- i suppose whatever age the Joffrey in this story will be)
O/O

xPeachyPuff

Awesome! He's 16, I believe. And god help you having to put up with him >>;;;

-xSRx

sansa

Haa no kidding. But i can not miss out on the chance to play her hehe.
O/O

Tyrus

Sorry for the delay in response guys. RL caught me in a grind but I have not forgotten about our RP.

I've written my character's initial post and am sorting out the descriptions and such of KL to set everyone up. I am going with the suggestion made by Creative Accountant to start everyone off in different areas of King's Landing before we set off into our separate directions. What does everyone feel about a royal hearing called by King Joffrey tying most of us together into the city before the RP goes from there?
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.