Pokemon: Path of Destiny; No Longer Seeking; Thank You!

Started by King Serperior, July 27, 2016, 07:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAMF

I know I've been chatting with you via PM about this, but I thought I'd drop my interest in here formally. Thinking pop-star turned adventurer looking to escape the public eye & prove to herself she's more than a pretty face. Have no clue what kind of pokemon she'll have yet though.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

King Serperior

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 12:21:41 AM
I know I've been chatting with you via PM about this, but I thought I'd drop my interest in here formally. Thinking pop-star turned adventurer looking to escape the public eye & prove to herself she's more than a pretty face. Have no clue what kind of pokemon she'll have yet though.
Hey, BAMF!  Glad you dropped in!

As discussed, I love that character idea.  As for Pokemon, there's a number of things you can do:  You can have her have Pokemon that focus on singing, dancing, or sound (Ex. Altaria, Ludicolo, and Exploud respectively), you could go for 'cute' Pokemon that a Pop Star might have, she could have Electric type Pokemon since they are all about energy, she could have Pokemon that are contrary to what one would think a pop star would have (Ex. Skuntank), or you can always go with the tried and true method of choosing Pokemon that you, as a player, really like!

As always, if you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and help however I can.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

BAMF

L & I were just talking about what kinds of pokemon she'd have. I'm thinking a Jigglypuff (when it's on stage with her, it's auto-tuned) and a Houndour which was being trained to be part of her security detail. Unsure if that's going to be the end result yet, but it's my working idea right now. I really like the idea of the Exploud or Loudred though, I'll have to think on that.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on July 28, 2016, 11:37:57 PM
That sounds doable.  I would imagine having the sort of control to lift Pokeballs would take someone born with the latent ability ~7 years to get that far, assuming that most NPC trainers you see in the game are about the age of 18-19.  Range would be limited to fairly close as I would imagine it mentally strains the trainer the further the distance is.  So, more experience in the world and more challenges would be needed to become stronger......that or many, many, many years of meditation.

As for the team, it sounds good to me!  However, it should be noted that Natu's wings aren't very developed, so 'flight' would be more like gliding while flapping furiously.Psychic links are generally reserved for Dark, Psychic, and Ghost types with a very select few other Pokemon, such as Lucario, included.  So, I would say a limited psychic link between your character and Natu and possibly Litwick is possible.  Staryu, however, isn't a Psychic type yet, so there would be no grounds to forge such a link.  As for what I mean by a limited link, no trainer will ever be able to control their Pokemon mentally, but could see through their eyes or hear what they hear is possible.  We can discuss links as the trainer gets stronger.For the most part, I treat it like the anime in the sense that Pokemon will NOT know every move off the bat.  Stronger moves require stronger Pokemon.  For example, I plan for my character's Noibat to know Draco Meteor.  However, because Noibat is scared of most things AND it doesn't have a very strong bond with its trainer yet, the move almost always fails before it begins.  It won't likely master that move until it evolves.  In the case of Golett, it knows Fire Punch, a move normally a tutor move.  It is feasible that it could learn it naturally or through practice.  Meanwhile, Amaura doesn't know Ice Beam because it isn't strong enough to focus pure, cold energy into a beam.

So, my policy on moves a Pokemon will know is this philosophy:  Be reasonable and don't go overboard!  If you aren't sure, ask.  Some moves are natural for a Pokemon to know.  Others require lots of focus, lots of power, some outside help, strong bonds, or overcoming fear.

So, TMs/HMs DO NOT exist.   If a Pokemon is large enough to fly and carry a trainer on its back (Scyther, Heracross, Pidgeot), then it can.  However, a Pokemon like Spearow or Pidgey or Doduo cannot carry a trainer on their back or cannot fly period (Doduo).  The same can be said of Pokemon that can swim and are strong enough to let a trainer ride on them or allow a trainer to cling to them.  That means that a Pokemon like Aggron, while it can learn Surf in the games, is not a Pokemon that would go swimming, so no Aggrons in the water!

Some moves require tutors.  This means there is a trainer and a Pokemon that can, for money and time (or just the goodness of their hearts), can help teach another Pokemon a move.  For example, a trainer and a Hitmonchan that knows Ice Punch could help another trainer's Snorlax learn that move.  If you are unsure, please ask and I'll let you know if it is possible for a Pokemon to learn the move.

Finally, I want creativity!  Just writing that a Pokemon used some move is boring!  For example, let's say that a Nidoking used Sludge Bomb on a Pokemon and covered it with sludge!  It could then use Ice Beam to freeze that Sludge solid and make things more difficult!  Use the terrain to your advantage!  Use moves outside of battle to make things easier!  For example:  Let's say that the group comes across a deep gorge and no one has a Flying type capable of carrying people over.  One trainer loves Bug Pokemon a lot.  So, a plan is formed for the Bug Trainer to send out his Spinarak, Weedle, and Sewadde to begin spinning threads.  My character has a Noibat and would take the thickly coiled strand of web and fly it to the other side and stick it somewhere.  From there, the three bug types can spin up a makeshift rope bridge in a matter of hours, saving the group from a dangerous climb down and then back up the other side OR the multi-day journey around the gorge!

So, does that answer your questions?

*recovers from the wall o' text dropped on him* well thought out! Damn! :P I know all of what you have here is for balance purposes, but I'm liking it already! I have a dream team list of moves for the three to eventually know, but will look at it again for the sake of something more balanced. So are you okay with big powerful attacks that need some kind of trigger to achieve, or as an unlock type of thing? Natu gets squat for psychic type attacks until the namesake move, so I was wondering if it could have it, but needs the right condition to use it?

Then in the case of Staryu's evolution, is Starmie still capable of learning moves as it gets stronger, or is it locked with what it got as a Staryu? I would hope the former, as limiting it in the games makes sense but it still annoying.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Black Howling

Wow, when BAMF said you were running a pokemon game I had to come look at it. VERY interested, but not sure I can compete with so many others to get a sheet in. I'll try though, cause this looks good.

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Shadowfox

There are a couple of different Pokemon threads in the works although none have yet actually started.

azzmeister89

Name: Nathaniel (Nathan, Nate) Reed
Trainer Class:  Rookie trainer
Orientation: Hetrosexual
Home Region: Johto
Pokemon Team:

• Pokemon One:
Cyndaquil
  • Pokemon Two:
  • Pokemon Three:
Personality:  calm and relaxed, Nathan likes to think before he acts and claims to be a pacifist. He is feircly loyal to those he cares about and finds it easy to get along with most people.
Biography:  Born and raised in Goldenrod city in the Jhoto region, Nathan grew up in a family of high expectations. Both his older brother and older sister have become huge successes in the world of pokemon, Alex as a gym leader in a newly discovered region and Samantha as a championship battled in the pokemon league.

Nathan never wanted to be put into competition with his siblings however his parents who have always claimed that he was their favourite have plans for him to surpass both his brother and sister. When his first pokemon, Cyndaquil, was sent to him with a few other provisions, Nathan's parents stuck him on a plane to start his adventure.
Bag Contents: Sleeping bag, 5 pack of match boxes, poke food, change of cloths, 5 potions, 5 pokeballs, 1 greatball, some human food.
Ons/Offs: (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread;  (image and on and offs list pending)

King Serperior

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 12:37:03 AM
L & I were just talking about what kinds of pokemon she'd have. I'm thinking a Jigglypuff (when it's on stage with her, it's auto-tuned) and a Houndour which was being trained to be part of her security detail. Unsure if that's going to be the end result yet, but it's my working idea right now. I really like the idea of the Exploud or Loudred though, I'll have to think on that.
A Jigglypuff (Igglybuff if you want her to have three Pokemon) and a Houndour could certainly work.  The Exploud line could be useful as well.  Other suggestions that a Pop Star would have could be (keeping to the cute song, dance, and sound themes):

Pop Star Pokemon Suggestions

Cute and Dancing:  Cleffa / Clefairy / Clefable
Cute and Singing:  Igglybuff / Jigglypuff / Wigglytuff
Cute and Dancing:  Oddish / Gloom / Bellossom (Vileplume seems less likely a choice)
Cute and Dancing:  Poliwag / Poliwhirl / Politoed (Poliwrath seems less likely a choice)
Cute:  Togepi / Togetic / Togekiss
Cute:  Hoppip / Skiploom / Jumpluff
Cute:  Sunkern / Sunflora
Dancing:  Lotad / Lombre / Ludicolo
Dancing:  Ralts / Kirlia / Gardevoir (Gallade seems less likely a choice)
Sound:  Whismur / Loudred / Exploud
Cute:  Skitty / Delcatty
Cute and Dancing:  Plusle
Cute and Dancing:  Minun
Cute and Dancing:  Volbeat
Cute and Dancing:  Illumise
Dancing:  Budew / Roselia / Roserade
Dancing:  Spinda
Cute and Singing:  Swablu / Altaria
Cute:  Feebas / Milotic
Cute:  Castform
Cute and Sound:  Chingling / Chimecho
Sound:  Kricketot / Kricketune
Cute and Dancing:  Buneary / Lopunny
Sound and Singing:  Chatot
Cute and Dancing:  Petilil / Lilligant
Cute:  Minccino / Cinccino
Cute:  Deerling / Sawsbuck
Cute:  Emolga
Cute:  Flabébé / Floette / Florges
Cute:  Spritzee / Aromatisse
Cute:  Eevee / Sylveon
Cute:  Dedenne

In the end, the choice is yours to make, but those are some suggestions I have.   :-)

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 12:45:11 AM
*recovers from the wall o' text dropped on him* well thought out! Damn! :P I know all of what you have here is for balance purposes, but I'm liking it already!
*Laughs*  Sorry about that wall!  I got a little overexcited there!  I am glad you like what you see thusfar!

I have a dream team list of moves for the three to eventually know, but will look at it again for the sake of something more balanced. So are you okay with big powerful attacks that need some kind of trigger to achieve, or as an unlock type of thing? Natu gets squat for psychic type attacks until the namesake move, so I was wondering if it could have it, but needs the right condition to use it?
Not technically a trigger to achieve a move.  It's more of the circumstances call for it.  In Natu's case, Natu is typically a small, young bird, so it could be said that it's Psychic powers aren't very developed yet.  The case could very well be that it may not know such moves until soon before it evolves.  That doesn't prevent it from a link between it and its trainer though.  Another option is that it knows Psychic, but like its trainer, it is still learning how to use its power.  Like my character's Noibat knowing the very high power Draco Meteor, the move could fail or give underwhelming results more often than it working.

Then in the case of Staryu's evolution, is Starmie still capable of learning moves as it gets stronger, or is it locked with what it got as a Staryu? I would hope the former, as limiting it in the games makes sense but it still annoying.
The way I see it, Pokemon that evolve through Evolutionary Stones often find it harder to learn new moves, but doesn't prevent it from doing so.  That is the sacrifice of becoming vastly more powerful overall.  So, Starmie could still learn moves that Staryu could learn, but the process takes longer.  Exceptions to this rule include Eevee's evolutions since they still learn new moves as they level up in the game.

Quote from: Black Howling on July 29, 2016, 12:48:14 AM
Wow, when BAMF said you were running a pokemon game I had to come look at it. VERY interested, but not sure I can compete with so many others to get a sheet in. I'll try though, cause this looks good.
Howling!  I'm surprised, but very pleased, to see you here!  If you're interested, come up with a concept and create a character!  I know I am only taking five trainers with me, but if you have a good character idea, you are almost guaranteed to be approved.  So, don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any.  I'd love to have you in the game.   ;D

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 12:50:55 AM
I didn't do it!  O:)
*Eyes BAMF suspiciously*

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 12:55:00 AM
There are a couple of different Pokemon threads in the works although none have yet actually started.
This is very much true.  If a character happens to not be accepted in the end, there do seem to be a number of very different Pokemon games going on.

Hello, azzmeister89!  Glad to see that you are showing some interest in this.  Once you have a completed character sheet and have filled it out more than what you have, I'll take a look at it.

@ Latooni Subota & Shadowfox:  I'll get to looking over your characters and give my thoughts soon.  This was quite the explosion of interest over here!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 01:09:39 AM
Name:Kyra Onishino
Trainer Class: Battle Trainer (mono fighting type trainer)
Orientation: BI (she is more concerned with combat and honor and hasn't given a lot of thought to sex)
Home Region: Kanto
Pokemon Team:

• Riolu:Chikara was Kyra's first pokemon. Her father in one of his few wins at a informal tournament won an egg. He gave it to his daughter Kyra as a little girl. When she hatched it a Riolu came out. As it is not a native pokemon to Kanto the little girl didn't know what it was at first but she loved it anyway. After that the two were inseparable, constantly playing and training in the martial arts together. Chikara is very stubborn and like his trainer often refuses to back down. Even if he is facing a superior opponent he will refuse to retreat and actively fight to stay on the field.
  • Tyrogue:Kyra captured Kuren in one of her first major battles with Chikara as they encountered him while up in the mountains training with her grandfather when she was 12. The Tyrogue nearly knocked out the young Riolu but she threw her only pokeball before it could.Kuren greatly desires to be a Hitmonlee one day and so he refuses to use punching attacks and only likes to use his legs. He is much more offensive than defensive.
  • Meditite:Seishin was Kyra's final pokemon and her most recent acquisition. She received it from ironically a psychic trainer after he wiped the floor with her.She has not been with Kyra long enough for Kyra to really figure out her personality and she never says a word.
Personality:  Kyra will not back down from a challenge no matter what the odds due to the oath she swore her dead father, but she is tough as nails and rather smart in battle too. She is not afraid to enter battle with her Pokemon if the situation calls for it and often does in the wild. She is highly skilled with her bokken and in various hand to hand styles.
Biography:Kyra is from Saffron city.  Kyra is the granddaughter of Kiyo the original Saffron city dojo gym master who fought Red. Her father swore to earn back the prestige for the dojo after the humiliation at the hands of the psychics. He trained hard but did not have the talents of his father and after many humiliating defeats took his own life. Kyra was told he died in battle valiantly fighting a dangerous assassin of Team Rockets. Kyra however did inherit her grandfathers talents and has trained very hard from a young age in personal martial arts and fighting type Pokemon knowledge and moves. She left home as a teenager determined to bring honor back to her families dojo. After taking the earth and boulder badges she heard about the new region, while accidentally overhearing the conversation of an experienced Pokemon trainer in Lavender Town. The trainer was talking to a girl and bragging about how he was going to go to Tokai and only someone with his skill could handle it. Kyra decided what better way to challenge herself and bring honor to the gym than to take on some of the toughest conditions she could. So she set out on the journey to Tokai with Chikara and Kuren. Along the way to a port city, while traveling through the mountains, she met a man who was floating cross legged above a small lake. Seeing the man she challenged him to a battle thinking him a strong trainer. She was right and he wiped the floor with her using his psychic Pokemon. For Kyra it was a humiliating defeat to be beaten so badly by a psychic, but still she turned her anger inward and not outward at the stranger. The man was impressed with her fortitude and determination and told her that the best way to beat a psychic trainer was to understand one. He then left her with a pokeball and levitated away. In the pokeball was a meditite. Kyra thought long and hard on the mans words and began training the meditite who she named Seishin.
Bag Contents:10xpokeballs 1xgreat ball a compass, 20ft of rope, 4 potions, 1 revive,  a change of clothes, travel rations with some pokechow, her fathers Bokken which she keeps strapped to her back
Ons/Offs:https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253395.0

http://pokecharms.com/trainer-card-maker/

Okay, there's still a little cleaning up for the character sheet remaining, but I can help with that a little later.  Other than some tidying, she's accepted.

+1 Psychic-type disliking, Fighting-type loving trainer!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Ok sounds good just let me know what you need cleared up whenever

King Serperior

Okay, just a few things of note:

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 28, 2016, 07:54:11 PM
Pokemon Team:

• Pokemon One: Whimsicott
"Whimsy" Whimsicott is a rather cuddly and meek pokemon at first glance, pretty much nothing but cute (Just how Penny likes her). It takes a bit of nudging to get Whimsicott to pose for the camera, though Penny is working at it with the cute little thing. What IS surprising is just how brave the pokemon is when battles happen. Whimsicott would throw herself in front of a fire pokemon to protect Penny, likely due to Penny raising her from an egg in the Kalos Trainer School.
  • Pokemon Two:
  • Pokemon Three:
As she only has one Pokemon, you don't nee the 'Pokemon two or three' in there.  Also, you can remove the 'Pokemon one' so it's just her Whimsicott.
Bag Contents:  The bag itself (A waterproofed backpack, top o' the line!), 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, PokeFood, a Filter Water Bottle with replacement filter, some good ol' human food, a small cookery set, a heating element with a little solar panel, colder weather clothes and some spares, 20ft of nylon rope, a small lantern (also with a solar powered battery), and enough make-up and grooming tools to keep her and Whimsicott looking good for the camera. Using her money to her advantage, she bought re-usable supplies and things that could be miniaturized, but the backpack is still a bit bulky.
We've already spoken of the money aspect, so as long as we're on the same page of money not being able to solve all her problems, that is good.  However, that is a large amount of supplies.  Such a backpack would be rather bulky and heavy, perhaps even a hindrance.  It seems like she brought everything but the kitchen sink!  It's almost like she has never actually gone camping or left a the city she was born and raised in and is just packing everything she can with no idea what a camper actually needs.  You might want to cut back on a lot of that unless you want her to deal with having to lug around a big, heavy bag everywhere.  However, unless that was your goal for her to learn the hard way about taking only what you need, I would suggest cutting that back some.  Otherwise, it could work.

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 01:38:19 AM
Ok sounds good just let me know what you need cleared up whenever
I'll get some things made neat and PM the results your way to make sure I didn't accidentally cut something.  However, it's extremely late, so it won't be tonight.  >.<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Ok I will look forward to your pm tomorrow then after I wake up. I am at work right now and I am in the est time zone it's just I am a sleep tech so I go to bed at 9am.

BAMF

That list is super helpful, KS. <3 I was thinking a stage pokemon + a more "utility" pokemon cuz she's not completely stupid. If you're gonna be a pokemon trainer, you can't rely on cuteness alone! I'm slowly working on her sheet though.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Black Howling

QuoteHowling!  I'm surprised, but very pleased, to see you here!  If you're interested, come up with a concept and create a character!  I know I am only taking five trainers with me, but if you have a good character idea, you are almost guaranteed to be approved.  So, don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any.  I'd love to have you in the game.   ;D

KS, if it'd been anyone else running it, I probably wouldn't have checked in. That being said, in effort for full disclosure, I'm extremely old school on pokemon. As in, if it's past GBA, I haven't played it. Will that be a problem if I do the research needed?

Assuming it's not, I plan to play to that idea some. I'm thinking someone from the Kanto Region, likely a fresh faced (Relatively) trainer who got beat bad on his first gym battle, and got REALLY discouraged. As in, almost hung it up type. He trained with his pokemon (Only one then, I might have it in the story he caught another or something on the way) when he heard about the new region and fledgling league. Reinvigorated, and thinking he might have it takes now, he wanders there to test his mettle.

I figure he's has some confidence issues inside, but tries hard to play this off. Tries to be cool, probably succeeds, but inside his first real gym battle still has him shaken and he wants to get over that. I'm still piecing the concept together, but let me know what you think and if it's even workable in the game or if my dated experience is an issue.

King Serperior

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 01:54:18 AM
That list is super helpful, KS. <3 I was thinking a stage pokemon + a more "utility" pokemon cuz she's not completely stupid. If you're gonna be a pokemon trainer, you can't rely on cuteness alone! I'm slowly working on her sheet though.
I'm glad it helped!  Of course, even a 'stage Pokemon' could have it's uses, even if it weren't very well trained for battles.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Quote from: Black Howling on July 29, 2016, 02:04:13 AM
KS, if it'd been anyone else running it, I probably wouldn't have checked in. That being said, in effort for full disclosure, I'm extremely old school on pokemon. As in, if it's past GBA, I haven't played it. Will that be a problem if I do the research needed?

Assuming it's not, I plan to play to that idea some. I'm thinking someone from the Kanto Region, likely a fresh faced (Relatively) trainer who got beat bad on his first gym battle, and got REALLY discouraged. As in, almost hung it up type. He trained with his pokemon (Only one then, I might have it in the story he caught another or something on the way) when he heard about the new region and fledgling league. Reinvigorated, and thinking he might have it takes now, he wanders there to test his mettle.

I figure he's has some confidence issues inside, but tries hard to play this off. Tries to be cool, probably succeeds, but inside his first real gym battle still has him shaken and he wants to get over that. I'm still piecing the concept together, but let me know what you think and if it's even workable in the game or if my dated experience is an issue.
Hmm, that shouldn't be too big a problem.  If you need help learning other Pokemon species, you can always try Bulbapedia.  Since this trainer seems to be fairly new, you could have it so he is somewhat sheltered, so his own personal knowledge of Pokemon is limited.  Who knows, he could find his calling being less of a trainer and more of a researcher as knowledge is power.  There's lots of paths you can go when it comes to a highly discouraged trainer trying to find his way in a new region.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

There is a reason all of my trainer concepts recently have been from Kanto. I am relying on bulb as well. Last Pokemon game I played before GO was the original RED.

Black Howling

Quote from: King Serperior on July 29, 2016, 02:17:00 AM

Hmm, that shouldn't be too big a problem.  If you need help learning other Pokemon species, you can always try Bulbapedia.  Since this trainer seems to be fairly new, you could have it so he is somewhat sheltered, so his own personal knowledge of Pokemon is limited.  Who knows, he could find his calling being less of a trainer and more of a researcher as knowledge is power.  There's lots of paths you can go when it comes to a highly discouraged trainer trying to find his way in a new region.

Actually everything you just said was kinda what I had in mind. It's less a journey to win at the league (Which is what he keeps telling himself) and more one to find himself, ya know? And yeah, I had it planned for him to be sheltered so that my limited knowledge (I played all the GBA, but have only beaten up to gold) would make sense. Hence the concept that's not at all my norm.

Since you seem okay with me using bulbapedia, I'll work out a sheet. Should have it to you by tomorrow, all things willing.

Mr L

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 02:19:33 AM
There is a reason all of my trainer concepts recently have been from Kanto. I am relying on bulb as well. Last Pokemon game I played before GO was the original RED.

Hey, if nothing else, KS and I have been described as walking PokeDexes, so we can help too ;D I'd ask KS first though, since I wouldn't have thought of the list of STAGE WORTHY POKEMON <.<;

Shadowfox

Good to know thank you. I have recently joined several pokemon threads after having my interest revived thanks to GO so I am hoping to learn more soon, although none of the Elliquiy ones have started up yet. I did start one darker thread recently on pokecharms about a team rocket run tournament that is a trap. It is still in the early stages though with the trainers arriving. I got a co-gm who knows the moves but I probably should have checked his age at 14 before I tagged an 18+ dark thread. So with the younger players I have I told them I would reserve the really dark scenes for the adult players in private post. For the younger just a brief description of what happens.

BAMF

At least 90% of my knowledge of Pokemon comes from Mr L. Or Bulbapedia. But mostly, Mr L's my first resource. Best husbandork ever. ;P
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Black Howling

KS is a pokemon master... hence why I wanted to join up when he ran it. >_>

Mr L

Okay, so since Natu (in the games) doesn't actually learn ANY Psychic type attack until AFTER it evolves, I can completely work with the idea of poor psychic abilities itself, but would that have any influence on say Ominous Wind?

Also as a guideline, is there some kind of level cap to work with to help figure out moves or general power?

EDIT: Then two things, BAMF gave me a good idea that my character can only bond with one pokemon, since it was their first, but is trying with the other, which makes me think that it would be Natu who would have difficulty bonding. So Litwick will have the bond, making it their first poke. So this leads to a question. Even though Litwick doesn't exist in RBY-DPP, would it be reasonable to think that later generation pokemon have moved into places that make sense, like Litwick moving into the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town?

King Serperior

Quote from: Black Howling on July 29, 2016, 02:45:34 AM
Actually everything you just said was kinda what I had in mind. It's less a journey to win at the league (Which is what he keeps telling himself) and more one to find himself, ya know? And yeah, I had it planned for him to be sheltered so that my limited knowledge (I played all the GBA, but have only beaten up to gold) would make sense. Hence the concept that's not at all my norm.

Since you seem okay with me using bulbapedia, I'll work out a sheet. Should have it to you by tomorrow, all things willing.
Alright, that sounds like a plan!  Do you think that your character will continue to focus on becoming a better battler as he faces his demons?  Or do you imagine him discovering himself and finding other areas of the Pokemon world that don't involve such?  I.E.  Being a Pokemon researcher, becoming a Pokemon Breeder, doing contests in the hopes of making it big, and many other things like that!

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 02:46:12 AM
Hey, if nothing else, KS and I have been described as walking PokeDexes, so we can help too ;D I'd ask KS first though, since I wouldn't have thought of the list of STAGE WORTHY POKEMON <.<;
Well, I actually have been called a Walking Pokedex before.....and still do by friends and family.  >.>

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 02:58:50 AM
At least 90% of my knowledge of Pokemon comes from Mr L. Or Bulbapedia. But mostly, Mr L's my first resource. Best husbandork ever. ;P
Don't feel too bad.  Most of my knowledge comes from years of studying Pokemon with some supplements from Bulbapedia when there is a part I am blanking at.

Quote from: Black Howling on July 29, 2016, 02:59:15 AM
KS is a pokemon master... hence why I wanted to join up when he ran it. >_>
:-[  Now I am quite flattered.

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 02:52:14 AM
Good to know thank you. I have recently joined several pokemon threads after having my interest revived thanks to GO so I am hoping to learn more soon, although none of the Elliquiy ones have started up yet. I did start one darker thread recently on pokecharms about a team rocket run tournament that is a trap. It is still in the early stages though with the trainers arriving. I got a co-gm who knows the moves but I probably should have checked his age at 14 before I tagged an 18+ dark thread. So with the younger players I have I told them I would reserve the really dark scenes for the adult players in private post. For the younger just a brief description of what happens.
Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 03:03:48 AM
I still want to see a pokegirl game pop up but I think interest in that project died years ago. I just wanted to play in one sometime. Oh well maybe Pokemon Gone will actually get off the ground.
This isn't exactly the place to talk about other games.  The Interest Check is here solely for this game and discussion from interested players.

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 03:10:57 AM
Okay, so since Natu (in the games) doesn't actually learn ANY Psychic type attack until AFTER it evolves, I can completely work with the idea of poor psychic abilities itself, but would that have any influence on say Ominous Wind?
I don't think Ominous Wind has anything to do with a Pokemon's Psychic power.  After all, the Pokemon blows up a gust of wind imbued with spooky thoughts and feelings.  Even though Natu's wings aren't developed enough to fly, they could be used to send a gust of went like that.

Also as a guideline, is there some kind of level cap to work with to help figure out moves or general power?
I don't actually have a guideline like that in place as this is supposed to be more like the anime in a sense than the games, so there are no levels.  I like to think that the players would know if a move or a Pokemon's power is far too great for what it actually should be.  As long as everyone is reasonable and civil and remembers that not a single Pokemon (unless it is a Wobbufett, Magikarp, or worm Pokemon like Caterpie who know less than 8 moves) knows every single move Bulbapedia has listed at the beginning, then everything would be okay.

However, if a guideline is needed, most Pokemon in the anime rarely use more than 10 moves at most (usually less) and often have favorite moves to use.  If it helps, you can list those 10 in a spoiler tag when you write up your character's Pokemon.  So, taking the Natu for an example, you could list it knowing only these moves:

Peck, Psychic*, Ominous Wind, Teleport, and Quick Attack
*Natu's Psychic power is still underdeveloped, so the move fails more often than not or is very underwhelming.

But, like I said, you don't need to unless you really want to.  I generally trust that everyone won't add a more powerful move just to have it.

EDIT: Then two things, BAMF gave me a good idea that my character can only bond with one pokemon, since it was their first, but is trying with the other, which makes me think that it would be Natu who would have difficulty bonding. So Litwick will have the bond, making it their first poke.
You know, BAMF is a genius!  I hadn't actually thought of that.  Let's take it like this though:  A trainer with latent psychic gifts can bond with one Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type Pokemon (exceptions include such Pokemon as Riolu and Lucario).  The first one is always the strongest bond, but if the trainer tries to bond with another of their Pokemon, they get diminishing returns.  So, if Litwick has the bond first, it will have the strongest bond.  Natu would be more difficult as it not only has underdeveloped Psychic power on it's own, but it would only be half as strong a bond as Litwick.  So, I guess each new bond with a Pokemon cuts the strength of it in half:

• First Bond - 100%
  • Second Bond - 50%
  • Third Bond - 25%
  • Fourth Bond - 12%
  • Fifth Bond - 6%
  • Sixth Bond - 3%

In this case, I would say that a psychic trainer can only ever bond with six Pokemon at most.  Exceptions to this rule of diminishing returns are for those exceptionally powerful trainers like Sabrina who was far more powerful than other psychic trainers when she was but a little girl and her power has only grown since then.

So this leads to a question. Even though Litwick doesn't exist in RBY-DPP, would it be reasonable to think that later generation pokemon have moved into places that make sense, like Litwick moving into the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town?
I would say yes.  Some regions, like Kanto and Unova, are difficult for Pokemon not originally from that region to adapt to.  However, after a few years, some may very well find a place for them to live in.  In Litwick's case, it is only really found in the Celestial Tower in Unova.  This tower is basically the same thing as the Pokemon Tower in Lavender.  So, Litwick would thrive there!  So, yes, Litwick would be found there easily, though I would imagine they prefer the upper parts of the tower.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

I'm trying to think of a good concept for a character for this game. @-@