What's cooking?

Started by Kalen, April 01, 2008, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

Chicken kebabs with shallots, green pepper and button mushrooms, served with couscous. All homemade. The domestic goddess is back on track.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Dawg

Omelets

Break and separate the egg whites, dash of milk and whisk till light foam - saute chopped red pepper,  chopped onion and mushroom with a light coating of olive oil - add egg whites - let stand on med-high - after fluffed and cooked (add personal choice of cheese here if desired) fold the eggs and flip.

Serve with Hash browns (preferably homemade prepared before the eggs), toast buttered to taste, orange juice and coffee

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Dawg

Picked two huge Zuchinne's from the garden, recipe for stuffed Zuchinne to follow later today.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Lilias

Payday ritual dinner: grilled rump steak, oven chips and a salad (tomato, cucumber, pimiento-stuffed olives, feta cheese, a splash of olive oil and a sprinkling of oregano).
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Cecilia

Still too blissed out from dinner last night to eat yet today:
Bacalao with fennel, olives and radish sprouts
Sweet corn soup with a tomato/corn relish
Heirloom tomato salad with truffled cheese and spicy tomato water
Fetucinni with oxtail ragu
Flat iron steak with fingerling potatoes
Spinach with housecured pork cheeks
Ricota fritters with zabaglioni
Panna cotta
Cappucino

And, yes I shared!

Pixilicious

Home made oven broiled turkey burgers, with lettuce, tomato and a side of fries :)
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Ket

Penne with sauteed yellow squash and zucchini, coated lightly in butter, salt and pepper.   
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Pixilicious

Plain bagel with garden vegetable cream cheese spread
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Paradox

Freshly mashed potatoes with home-cooked pork and home-made sauerkraut. 

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Dawg

Grilled Chicken breasts, Scalloped Potatoes and roasted Brusselsprouts.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

celestia

Steak and sushi (well the steak is cooking)

Eleanor

Toast and Marmalade *nibbles* ^^
Ons and Offs                                             Where there hell am I?UPDATED!
Plotness

Bliss

Chicken patty sammich with cheese, buttered sweet corn, coffee.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Wistful Dream

Kalen

Chicken Salad Sandwich, with honey mustard, on a crusty roll... with some sweet chili heat doritos

Emmaline

turkey bacon and homemade pancakes with real syrup

Miss Lacey

Cinnamon Roll Muffins, but since I'm not so good with dough, we're just crossing our fingers at this point.
"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Book five of the Wheel of Time series

O/O it's not just a shocked emoticon! : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21831.0

"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome." -River Tam; Serenity

Lilias

Roast chicken and potatoes, with steamed carrots and broccoli. And a big slab of Cadbury Dairy Milk for dessert.
~Wendell Berry

theLeslie

I had a very multicultral dinner!  I had creol dirty rice, with polish sausage and some spanish black beans, all wrapped up in warm mexican tortillas.  I have to say it was rather yummy too.

Paradox

An angel food cake recipe that called for 12 eggs!

Emmaline pointed out that it's not that much since the yolks aren't used in angel food cake, but I still think twelve friggin eggs are a bit much.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Bliss

Peasant bread, sliced and toasted and thick with butter.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Emmaline

Tonight was tacos, soft and hardshell, made with ground turkey and not beef.

Emmaline

homemade tomato basil soup, chipotle cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches and salad

Kalen

Lazagna, fresh split rolls... what else do I need?

Salad might be nice, but not on my budget. 

Lilias

Homemade chili con carne, enough of it left over for another meal. And there's a slab of Cadbury Fruit * Nut to share as soon as we settle down for the evening.
~Wendell Berry