Suggestion for a search bar

Started by StormAngelus, January 03, 2018, 08:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormAngelus

IDK if I'm quite in the right spot to send this suggestion, but I wanted to make one.

I have the issue that I can't get an easy access/click to my O/O's, and it's a nightmare trying to go through the listings to find my O/O page. Something I would suggest would be to have a search bar in each subject (Storyteller's Lounge, one on one rp's, Apologies and Absences, etc) that one might be able to look the topic a person posted by name. I've tried to do this through someone's name on their page, and it's a royal pain in the butt to scroll through every single one of their postings... Particularly if they've been on Elliquiy for some time or are an extremely frequent poster.

Just an idea....
"Pulseless and cold, with a Derringer by his side and a bullet in his heart, though still as calm as in life, beneath the snow, lay he who was at once the strongest and yet the weakest of the outcasts of Poker Flat." - Bret Harte

Beguile's Mistress

Also...

You can do an alphabetical search on any forum by clicking the "Started By" topic at the column's heading or you can add your page links to your signature then go to your profile and click into your O/O's, requests or other thinks linked there.  We also have bookmarks.  There is a button at the top of the page to add a bookmark and a 'My Bookmarks' button above that.

Hope some of this works for you. :-)

Mithlomwen

Here's a link that you can copy and put in your signature.  That way if/when you need to access your O/O page, you just have to click the link. 

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244572.msg12089404#msg12089404]O/O[/url]

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Vekseid

Also, in the 'show posts' section, there is 'show topics', where you can hunt for someone's ons and offs if they don't have it linked:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=58581

StormAngelus

Ah! Thank you all, that's going to be a big helper. Thank you so much!
"Pulseless and cold, with a Derringer by his side and a bullet in his heart, though still as calm as in life, beneath the snow, lay he who was at once the strongest and yet the weakest of the outcasts of Poker Flat." - Bret Harte