Coffee Saves Lives

Started by Wispyr, October 18, 2014, 10:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

Today was a day like any other... It started at 6:15am, with me rolling out of bed roughly ten minutes later to trudge downstairs and fill my mug with a steaming cup of joe. Within fifteen minutes I was out the door and pulling into the street to start my commute to work. It was there that I nursed my second cup and I began to contemplate just how many people have been saved because I had coffee (or caffeine of some sort) in my body. Then I got to thinking about all the coffee drinkers and caffeine nuts just like me that must be here on E... And then the realization came... This could be a game!

Welcome to Coffee Saves Lives

The point of the game is simple! Record a tally of how many people were saved today because you caffeinated yourself. Want to have your mind really blown? Take it to the next level and add them up every post so you can see just how many lives have been saved since you started posting here (not ever because we'd all be starting in the thousands... We want to wait a page or two before we're that high!).

The next part is the best, take a moment if you want to rant about those people whose lives were saved. We all want to enjoy the crazy that happens, and you can feel better knowing that your caffeine buddies have got your back!

How do we define lives saved? That's easy, it's however you choose to define it! Sometimes without that coffee you might have literally jumped across the desk and throttled the life out of them, or perhaps the caffeine just stopped you from screaming at them until your voice cracked. Only you know how many people your liquid calm prevented you from obliterating, so only you can be the judge of what gets tallied!

Today coffee saved [color=red]<#>[/color] lives from <you>! Caffeine has saved [color=red]<#>[/color] in total since I started playing.

Today coffee saved 3 lives from Wispyr! Caffeine has saved 3 in total since I started playing.

The first one happened like first thing in the morning. This older man comes into my store and asks about directions... So I tell him, truthfully, I'm not from this town and I have no clue where anything is. He then proceeds to stand there and stare at me, like he's going to say something and he never does. Finally after about forty seconds of awkward silence he says "well are you going to get me a map?"... Do I look like a damn travel agency to you? This is not a gas station. I don't even have a map of the city... So I pull one up on my phone and get the address and tell him roughly where it is to which he responds "Well how do I get there from here?"... Were you not listening the first time? I. Have. No. Idea. I'm. Not. From. Around. Here. Go. Away. I'm. Busy! Ugggh... I wanted to drop kick out the front doors.

Lady Laura

It was just another day for the Nigerian nurse, her dark skin and beautiful hair a pleasure in itself for the mostly male patients to look at, she was her usual happy and friendly self going about her rounds, then a call, a patient calling out for a nurse, quickly Ayeloa ran into the room and checked on the patient calling out, an old man feeling as though he was about to die, he tried to whisper something, what? She couldn't hear him, she bent over his body and placed her ear to his mouth, a last request? Something he wanted or needed to say before he died?

Ayeola nodded and stood up, looking quickly outside to ensure that no one else would come running, it was safe, she turned her attention back to the dying old man, slowly she started to unbutton her uniform, slowly she watched him as he smiled perhaps for the last time as she opened her uniform up and removed her bra for him to see, he smiled and then his heart monitor picked up ever so slightly, he grinned as he watched her joyful orbs and found a new lease on life.

Ayeola smiled back and covered herself again, perhaps he was just a cheeky old bastard or perhaps as she always knew, her breasts had magical powers all of their own, Nurse Ayeola Coffee had definitely saved another life.

Ok, so this has nothing to do with the OP's post but it was what popped into my head when I read about Coffee saving lives so it is still kind of his fault

;-)