Hogwarts

Started by Lancis, January 08, 2011, 08:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

So awhile ago on here (a long while ago) I ran a Hogwarts free for here, and apparently there has been some interest in ressurecting the idea. So I am posting this to see the level of interest before I formally ask for ressurection or restart the game entirely :)
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Lunarice

I would definitely be interested in attending Hogwarts.

pendarious

this could be interesting i guess
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

kckolbe

I have discovered that there are a LOT of different takes on adult Hogwarts games, and would love to hear more.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Xantham

I'm with Kckolbe.

I am interested, but would really like to know more about what the story/game would entail?

fireflights

Being a Harry Potter fanatic I am interested but I also would like to know about a plot, is there one or is it just people mingling through the school?

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

Kendra

Interest still here Lancis ;)

Mhina

Seems like fun to me.

Wolfy

I'm interested, though I hope it will focus on more than just Gryffindor.

kckolbe

Good call Wolfy.  I tend to play Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff (though I hate the name) for that reason.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Lancis

You can always read through the previous posts from 5 years ago *snicker* We did non canon characters, even had a Goblet of Fire tournament. We followed the books fairly closely as of the finish I (as Albus) had not died. So we did bypass Canon some. I would have to reread to see who we had, but it was a lot of fun. I was doing a house cup (and would continue to.) As far as plot goes we can pick up where we are right now in "The epilogue." The time after Harry left Hogwarts but before he became an adult, leaves us a very open playing field with what is going on and what darkness may still befoul the steps of Hogwarts.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Lancis

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=74.0

Now I am considering just starting a new replacement game, to leave the one that exsists in the archives. But the rules would stay the same as would the character sheet and so on. i would aim for a balanced game set after Harry Potter has left Hogwarts, the only Canon characters would be staff.

kckolbe

Given that you seem to enjoy hosting contests (which sounds awesome) and this is a freeform game, do you have some form of moderation?

Also, are the normal ages in effect, meaning we all need to be upperclassmen to be "site legal?"

Intro Thread

Mhina

So I'm assuming it would have to start at least in the 5th or 6th year for our characters. If you are starting a new one you have any idea how it would start?

larissa

Sounds like it could be fun.
Gmail
Rissa.star7827@gmail.com

Meister

Slytherin fo' life, bitches.

HIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Laughing Hyena

*grins* sweet shit. Im wanting some of this

Lancis

Well it appears we will be relaunching soon then :) Yes characters have to be 6th to 7th year to fufill site rules I think to manage that more formally, we did 7th year only. The game was always a free form, with light moderation, occassional plot points dropped in, we decided against any actual classes as that was boring after a day, (who wants to roleplay actually taking a class. lol) So most of the story happened outside the class rooms, in Hogsmeade, or amongst the grounds. some basic Canon rules are in place (like no boys in the girls dorms and vice versa.) , no magic outside the classroom (unless supervised) and yes I know that rule will be broken a lot. :) I will have a new game up and linked for you guys likely by Tuesday, I need tow ork on some plot ideas to at least give you all a story to freeform about.

Kendra

All sounds brilliant so far Lancis.

LimitlessNikkie

This looks fun will keepp an eye on this.

Watari

I'm always up for Harry Potter! I would love more info!

Joanne87

Does it already start or can I still join ? Sounds interesting.
"Wenn du dich mit dem Teufel einlässt verändert sich nicht der Teufel, der Teufel verändert dich."

kckolbe

We haven't started and his last game had a large group of players, so I imagine he's still taking more.  Also, none of us are "in" yet.

Intro Thread

LordAnubis

I'm in again.

I'll be bringing back Xavier as long as faculty characters are still an option.