Sci-Fi Themed Brothel opening in Nevada

Started by Capone, December 30, 2011, 06:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capone

Sooooooo this is happening.

At the moment, I can't really think of much to say. Part of me wants to hop a plane to Nevada once it opens and see what it's like, and part of me wants to hang my head in shame.

Izzie Aditi

* Izzie Aditi files this under "Whatever floats your boat, dude".

Maybe it's an idea to add a poll to this thread to see who would actually visit it if possible.

Because I'm curious.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Capone

Sounds like a good idea! I went to edit the post and...

...realized I don't know how to add a poll. >.> (Particularly as none of the buttons say "Poll" on them)

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Capone on December 30, 2011, 06:51:28 AM
Sounds like a good idea! I went to edit the post and...

...realized I don't know how to add a poll. >.> (Particularly as none of the buttons say "Poll" on them)
I think (though not sure myself) that you can only do that before actually making a topic. As you see, at the top of the list of threads it says "new topic" and "new poll" so..I'm afraid you're going to have to start all over again and make a new thread?

Edit: Nope. I just went to a thread I created myself and I could just click *add poll* there. No need to delete the thread: at the top of the thread itself it says Add Bookmark, Add Poll etc. 
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Capone

Wow, that was awfully obvious.

Thanks for doing the work for me instead of forcing me to go and actually look it up like a wise and educated person! :D

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Capone on December 30, 2011, 07:02:53 AM
Wow, that was awfully obvious.

Thanks for doing the work for me instead of forcing me to go and actually look it up like a wise and educated person! :D
*bows* You're welcome ::) ?

I voted hot pockets because I'm hungry. Yes. Honestly.

Avis habilis

Best reader comments ever.

bob
This will be a gold pressed platinum mine, totally brilliant, they better build a convention center sized hotel next door, because these guys will never leave, once you go green, you stay green.

Odo
It’s Gold-pressed Latinum you faux geek. Get back to your football and MMA.

RubySlippers

Boys can't work in Nevada Brothels but if they have painted up aliens in shiny outfits it could be fun just to visit.

Capone

No man whores in Nevada? Not even for the ladies or gay men?

Avis habilis

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 30, 2011, 09:57:27 AM
Boys can't work in Nevada Brothels ...

You sure about that? I could have sworn I once read that Heidi Fleiss was looking into starting an operation with men on staff.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 30, 2011, 10:26:23 AM
You sure about that? I could have sworn I once read that Heidi Fleiss was looking into starting an operation with men on staff.

If I recall the law forbides men being prostitutes and she couldn't get the exemptions, but men can work at a brothel just not in that capacity.

Unless they changed the law but that is unlikely.

Inkidu

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 30, 2011, 10:48:38 AM
If I recall the law forbides men being prostitutes and she couldn't get the exemptions, but men can work at a brothel just not in that capacity.

Unless they changed the law but that is unlikely.
Err... then again it is Nevada. As long as it's not in Las Vegas there's always a chance of it getting the turnabout.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Avis habilis

Well, if CSI is to be believed prostitution's illegal entirely in whatever county Vegas is in.

Funguy81

I wonder what would be the most requested theme girl. Princess leia in slave outfit. Orion slave girl. Fantasy wizardess. lol.

Avis habilis

Inkidu

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 30, 2011, 11:23:24 AM
Well, if CSI is to be believed prostitution's illegal entirely in whatever county Vegas is in.
Actually, yes... it is. In the street-walking variety at least. Now brothels are totally legal... which honestly I'm all for. If you have to have this particular vice at least put it in one place with healthcare.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

DudelRok

My first reaction was "Hot Pockets!" But then I read this...

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 30, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
My money's on blue twi'ilek women.

...and was very "Yes!"

Though I'm also cheap, so money is also a problem.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Driskoll

I wonder if there will be a Mass Effect room? God knows there would be a lot of people interested in Liara or Tali. It wouldn't be enough to just look like them though, whoever it was would have to act the part as well.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Driskoll on January 11, 2012, 03:05:51 PM
I wonder if there will be a Mass Effect room? God knows there would be a lot of people interested in Liara or Tali. It wouldn't be enough to just look like them though, whoever it was would have to act the part as well.

If Heidi Fleiss is the operation's "chief alien design queen", I doubt it. She isn't exactly known for being a sci fi fan.

Driskoll

True, but they did say it would "cater to all flavors of geek fantasy". I also really don't like the fact that they refer to Fleiss as the alien queen because it makes me think of this. I really hope that isn't going to be one of the options.

sinfultictac

Giant sign out in the front "We cater to rich geeky neck-beards". I am all for legalized prostitution but this a little weird even for me. Though I would like to visit just see it. It would deffiently bring a whole new meaning to Astroglide.
This place marker is holding this place for a better sig

Aemirys

I caught the title of this thread out of the corner of my eye and I just had to wander over.....

My first reaction. Holy crap what a great idea.

Quote from: Capone on December 30, 2011, 06:30:36 AM
Sooooooo this is happening.

At the moment, I can't really think of much to say. Part of me wants to hop a plane to Nevada once it opens and see what it's like, and part of me wants to hang my head in shame.

And then I felt a little like Capone.

I'd still go for all that.

Soooo........ which E members live in Nevada and which of them would be willing to take in an Aussie whilst she is on holiday?
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

DudelRok

Quote from: Driskoll on January 11, 2012, 04:00:08 PM
True, but they did say it would "cater to all flavors of geek fantasy". I also really don't like the fact that they refer to Fleiss as the alien queen because it makes me think of this. I really hope that isn't going to be one of the options.

Ha! My brain went there too.

Though, generally speaking, I'm not sure how serious I can take this whole thing. On the one hand "Hot Pockets!" On the other hand, blue twi'ilek women.

Quote from: DudelRok on December 30, 2011, 08:58:10 PM
My first reaction was "Hot Pockets!" But then I read this...

Quote from: Avis habilis on December 30, 2011, 12:16:23 PM
My money's on blue twi'ilek women.
...and was very "Yes!"

Though I'm also cheap, so money is also a problem.

I don't know. I try not to take "Geek Chic" and other "Need Acceptance" with too much ease. A lot of times it is done in a very derogatory manner, or specifically "for the joke." We'll see how things go.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Violence

As both a Nevadan and a Sci-Fi fan, I should be more excited (or at least more amused) by this... but honestly, I'd rather they just opened the Star Trek Experience back up. *laughs* Overall, though, I agree with more or less with Capone... I think it's somewhere between cool and embarrassing and smack dab in the middle of hilarious.  Though, honestly, I don't think I'll be visiting it.  I've lived here 20+ years without having an urge to visit a ranch yet, I can't see Vulcan ears suddenly drawing in my business. o.o;

But, just to clear up something that seemed to be confusing people above... Prostitution in any form is illegal in Clark Country (Las Vegas) be it in a brothel or what have you.  The same is true of Washoe County (where Reno is) and Carson City... so basically anywhere where a sizable number people actually live in Nevada, it's actually illegal. o.o

I'd never heard of any law specifically prohibiting male prostitution anywhere where it's legal for women to do it... so I looked it up.  Apparently men were barred from being sex workers previously because the law was phrased that sex workers had to undergo "cervical testing" regularly... but they amended the law a few years ago.  Article regarding the change in law.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Violence on January 12, 2012, 05:39:41 AM
As both a Nevadan and a Sci-Fi fan, I should be more excited (or at least more amused) by this... but honestly, I'd rather they just opened the Star Trek Experience back up.

True that. At least there's a chance, however slim, you might meet somebody who's in costume because she wants to be instead of because it's part of her job.