News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking for a "Guardian Angel"

Started by Scarlet Sin, June 23, 2011, 01:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlet Sin

So, I'm looking for a person who is willing to guide me in the world of role playing. (I'm new in Elliquiy, so guidance with that would be appreciated too.)

The person should be patient and someone who understands the few possible mistakes in my spelling. He or she is able to come up with ideas and ready to play a long-term rp at least in the beginning. Playing will happen on quite regular bases.

I love romance and fantasy, so some ideas about those would be great. :)

Looking forward to replies.
I'm gonna break your little heart in two - All Time Low

Laz

One Question, when you mentioned you are quite new to role-play, how new are you? A year, A month, a week, Yesterday? did you decide this on a whim.

This will help alot.

Scarlet Sin

I have done some small plays, but in here the concept of plays may be quite different than those I've done.

Laz

Small plays? please elaborate? Like IM plays, forum plays? How many sentences per posts do you do? and what are the themes of these plays?

Scarlet Sin

IM plays, usually they have taken from an hour to two hours. Topics quite usual, new neighbors and something happening in their lives etc. That's why I came to E: I want to learn this, and have more interesting and longer games. Maybe I will some day be good at the adult plays too. And E is of course a place to make new friends too.

Laz

yes forum plays are quite different, detailing out the background and the specific actions of a character. so you are basically righting out a paragraph of a book you and your role-mates are making. It wont be as quick and simple one liners from IM chats. It would be, detailed and quite specific account on what your character is doing, where he/she is, how is he/she relating or behaving from all this going around him/her, etc.

IM example: Heya Marv, how are you doing *shakes his hand*

Forum example: Upon exiting the door from the front of my house, I notice Marv, running across the sidewalk apparently in on his daily jogs, I shouted to him "Hey Marv, How are you doing?" Moving across my lawn and walked towards him and raising my arm for a shake as I greeted him.

that's just very short forum example, most forum roleplay are much longer than what I have given here. 6x more longer than that. its just an example anyways.

Scarlet Sin

So I think I have to put my writing skills to the test in here. (Not sure how that will work out...) I have done creative writing as my hobby for like 6 years now, but only in my own language, Finnish. That's why I think my written English is pretty poor. But it seems
that as long I'm in here, it will surely improve. :-)

ClockworkShadow

You have a decent grasp of English, from what I've seen.  And if you need help with spelling/grammar/phrasing/etc. then I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to help if you ask. :)  I'd be one of them.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Scarlet Sin

That is good to hear ClockworkShadow. I've heard that my written English is pretty good, but I still do some stupid mistakes etc. etc. That's why I hope that you won't be chasing me around because of my possible mistakes in writing. But I guess that my skills will improve at least a little now, when I start to write more in English too. (At least I hope I will start writing more! :P) It is great to hear that I have help in hand if I need it. :-)

ClockworkShadow

Everyone makes mistakes in their writing, even (sometimes especially) those native to English!  I'm not about to chase you around.  But I might as well use my own grasp of spelling and grammar to help others, if they want the help. :)

A/A

o_O

Scarlet Sin

Any help is totally appreciated, either about playing, about E or help with grammar or anything. This Newbie is more than willing to learn.  :P Plus that I really should try to improve my writing, because of the English language matriculation exam is coming up next spring. Wider vocabulary would be more than useful.

ClockworkShadow

Do you have any idea how much of a percentage of the English-native population don't even know "matriculation" ?

You're going to do fine around here. :)

Sides, Laz has some fantastic pointers.  I'm sure he'll be able to guide you on content and post length.  I'll be but a PM away if you have any specific questions for me. :)

A/A

o_O

Laz

Yes clockwork, hides behind her private PMs cause of how much people pester her. she's quite a celebrity :P

anyways, since you have a 6 year experience on conceptual/creative writing, although in Finnish, then you wont have a problem on the creativity or roleplaying part then. The problem would be your grasps of words, pausing and finding the write words, in English mind you, and struggling to find the exact sentences or phrases to put in your sentences. am I right? having a foreign mind, you think about ideas in your foreign tongue, and when its time to translate it to english, it will take you awhile to actually implement that.

but that is something noone can really teach you through words. The only way to learn and succeed in widening your vocabulary on english, is to actually roleplay. yes, we can start with a simple one on one roleplay (dont worry I can shorten my paragraphs for you to cope with) and corret you with any mistakes along the way.

Cant have you learn to fly unless I push you off a cliff first.

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Laz on June 24, 2011, 08:32:44 AM
Yes clockwork, hides behind her private PMs cause of how much people pester her. she's quite a celebrity :P

Pff.  A few people in a PG-13 RP brainstorming thread doesn't make me a celebrity. :P  But I don't need to be hogging your spotlight either :P

A/A

o_O

Laz

Stop being humble, Dammot. take my compliment! -shoves it in her ear- Take it! :P

Scarlet Sin

Clockwork, you really seem to be well known in here and that is the reason why I'm very honoured to work with you. Even though I guess our co-operation will be all about grammar and stuff at first. Maybe we can do rp some day too.  ;)

And Laz, you are absolutely right. Sometimes I find my English writing to be all about translating from Finnish to English and that is a thing I should try to get rid of. Would you really consider one on one play with me? Because the only way to learn is to hop straight on, just like u said.

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Laz on June 24, 2011, 08:54:17 AM
Stop being humble, Dammot. take my compliment! -shoves it in her ear- Take it! :P

Ack!  <flails>

Quote from: Scarlet Sin on June 24, 2011, 08:56:36 AM
Clockwork, you really seem to be well known in here and that is the reason why I'm very honoured to work with you. Even though I guess our co-operation will be all about grammar and stuff at first. Maybe we can do rp some day too.  ;)

Well known o.O ?  I was only approved on the 20th!  <blush>

A/A

o_O

Laz

ofcourse I wont mind.

but what would you like to roleplay about. keept it non adult.

Theme: What would be the theme of the story? Medieval, Modern, Venetian times?, Futuristic?, Post Apocalyptic era, etc.

Story: And what's the story about? a conflict maybe, zombie outbreak, civil war, slave uprising, nuclear fallout, survival, horror, so many ideas. you decide.

World: What kind of world is it, based on Earth Lore, or a custom world with your ideas and what exists in there, you can even read Clockwork's Rp thread and you'll find her custom world layout quite pleasing, it somewhere on page 1,2, 3 where she posts what lies in her world. or you can even base it on exsiting worlds like, Star war universe, twilight universe (basically an earth world lore where vampire and werewolves exist), Lord of the rings universe, etc etc.

Technological advancement: What kind of technology or Age do they live in? Stone age? Modern? why is this diffrent from the World category? you can choose for example a Lord of the Rings Universe then there technological advancement is of the Star Wars Age. Light Saber wielding Elves. Fun. lol.

--------------------------
take your time, its not gonna be something I must like, it must be something that you like. What's the point of practicing rp if you aren't up to it cause you don't like the theme.

ClockworkShadow

After Laz breaks you in, you are welcome to come by my thread anytime.  There's an open-door policy, there, and I'll be keeping it in the PG-13 area once it's started, so that other applicants can participate, too. :)

A/A

o_O

Scarlet Sin

Clockwork, I'm sure you know what I mean. And thanks for your invite, maybe I will. ;)

And Laz, I will be thinking about that. I'll try to write a little about it, and then we can discuss it, OK? I can post it in here as soon as I'm ready with it.

Laz

Please take your time, I am in no rush.

Scarlet Sin

Theme: Maybe we stick on the 21st century

Story: Well, I'm kind of fascinated about vampires. Those are such interesting, strong and flawless creatures. Could we work something out about them? What I got in mind is a young vampire male who is secretly interested in a human girl. Some conflicts between them etc.

World: As you can see, I really like stuff like Twilight. So we could have a normal modern world, where vampires, werewolves and all other creatures live amongst ordinary humans. We can plan together what kind of creatures there would be.

Technological advancement:
Can't think anything to this currently. Sorry!

So, here are some ideas. Does it seem totally impossible to you? We can discuss it to any way we like. :-)

Laz

I shall accept the world where Vampire and Werwolves exist but pls not exactly like twilight, I dont have any quarrels with twilight, but the whole concept of their vampire lore and facts about them is something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Vampires do not sparkle, Vampires do not act like 13 year old boys who have just felt the symptoms of puberty. I dont want to get it on that, but sure, I'm willing to the a Vampiric story with you.

Scarlet Sin

Vampires do not sparkle. What if they were resistant for daylight, but only in small amounts? Their houses look like to be just an ordinary houses, but they would be able to keep them dark from inside. This girl has just moved next door from this vampire and his family. What does that sound like?

Laz

Intriguing story line up, seems better... you'll have to be more specific on what kind of vampire and werewolves will this world consist of, what are there properties, purpose, weaknesses and strength.