The Next Generation

Started by Lady Jenn, September 06, 2017, 02:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"I'll be impressed if I can identify it," Nicole said as she began searching. "Whatever it was, it wasn't human, it was...I don't even know how to BEGIN describing it."

Lawshenk

Gerri turned to Katya " I'm so tired mind if I take a nap?"

Lady Jenn

"Better stop and change seats then," she replied, still acting strangely. "Not sure there's anywhere near here that we can stop."

Lawshenk

Gerri pulled over and got out running round the car, " so tired"

Lady Jenn

"You'd better see this before you sleep," Nicole said as Katya got into the driving seat, handing over the phone with a strange, man-sized bat creature pictured on the screen. "It was buried in the records of the Star Corps, they're called Fenrir...that was what I confronted just now."

Lawshenk

" great dreams of vampires just what I need ? " She looked at the others " any ideas what now ?"

Lady Jenn

"They're not vampires," Katya said as she took to the road again. "I ran into one when I was active in Europe. The version they give is someone was attempting genetic engineering but...something went wrong. Some Fenrir 'retired', only coming out of hiding when especially dangerous villains threatened civilians. But some were apparently corrupted by someone wanting to use their abilities-"

"What odds Carreyra had something to do with our pursuer?" Nicole asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Either way," Katya said. "We need to find your brother, assuming you're right and he will help us. Do you think we'll need to stop for rest again before we get to him?"

Lawshenk

" if I sleep now then when I wake up, I might be able to drive the rest of the way'

Lady Jenn

"I need sleep too," Nicole said. "Whatever that thing was took a hell of a lot of energy to fight, try not to go mad while you're the only one awake Katya," Nicole said with a friendly laugh as she closed her eyes.

Lawshenk

Gerri kissed her on the cheek " just head north'

Lady Jenn

"I'll try and avoid braking suddenly," Katya said, trying to smile but only partially succeeding.

Lawshenk

" of I'm not awake by the end of the road wake me "

Lady Jenn

"I'll do my best," she said, turning music on but quietly enough she hoped it wouldn't disturb the others.

Lawshenk

Lady Jenn

Katya drove in silence, feeling troubled as the journey continued but feeling relieved the other two seemed to be sleeping peacefully. She even started humming a tune to keep herself distracted.

Lawshenk

" cute tune " Gerri said smiling

Lady Jenn

"I wasn't even thinking about what I was humming," Katya said, feeling tiredness starting to creep in but trying to hide it. "Had to do something since I couldn't put music on loudly."

Lawshenk

" you seemed happy it was nice" she smiled and sat up "nicolas asleep so you can now tell me what wrong

Lady Jenn

"Nothing's wrong," she said, before she found herself narrowly avoiding going off the road as she felt a sudden dizzy spell. "Okay, being ill and maintaining an illusion wasn't a smart idea, my head's too fuzzy to drive for long spells."

Lawshenk

" your not yourself I can see that" she smiled and looked at her " I'll take it from here if you like "

Lady Jenn

"I'll be..." she started saying again before feeling nauseous, managing to pull over before anything worse happened. "Okay, that might be a better idea, I forget how much energy my illusions take sometimes."

Lawshenk

Gerri got out and sat in the driver's seat " I just need you healthy no worrying about looks "

Lady Jenn

"I just need sleep," she said. "I usually have more rest than this, I don't normally stay on my feet for this long."

Lawshenk

Lady Jenn

"I'm not normally out of my armour for this long," she replied "When I'm wearing it I don't have to use my illusion powers because no-one can see me."