Fallout: Oahu

Started by Inerrant Lust, October 27, 2015, 10:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

LSWSjr

Another thing to consider is the problem of attrition, sometimes taking on more players is best and then seeing which actually stick with the game.  The most successful pbp game I ever had recruited fourteen players initially and over the first fortnight that dropped to eight dedicated players very quickly :D

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Inerrant Lust

Well, I'm only one man- and I don't know how long I could juggle fourteen players. :P

Mirsellus, I was curious about the name Ygdrimoor. Looking at the picture, I almost thought Julie asian-american. That's something that might not be entirely irrelevant...

QuoteIn 2010, the state's population identified as 38.6% Asian; 24.7% White (22.7% Non-Hispanic White Alone); 23.6% from two or more races; 10.0% Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders; 8.9% Hispanics and Latinos of any race; 1.6% Black or African American; 1.2% from some other race; and 0.3% Native American and Alaska Native.[95]

As it is in our timeline, Fallout Hawaii was a huge strategic location for both sides. The US military undoubtedly had a huge presence, as did plenty of Mama Dolce-esque infiltrators. Heck, the older Fallouts had an intro where a US soldier in power armor was executing a canadian dissenter after Canada was annexed. Imagine what it must have been like a state where Asian Americans outnumber Caucasian Americans...

Granted, I firmly believe that the Fallout universe rid themselves of their ugly 1950s biases (IE: Jim Crow and covert misogyny)... but the government was still the same despotic tyranny that gave birth to the Enclave. Given that their biggest enemy at the time was China... well, being an asian-american in 2077 Hawaii must not have been very pleasant.

TheGlyphstone

Vault-Tec was effectively owned by the US Government, after all.

Mirsellus

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on December 01, 2015, 07:39:38 PM
Mirsellus, I was curious about the name Ygdrimoor. Looking at the picture, I almost thought Julie asian-american. That's something that might not be entirely irrelevant...

Father was a large american of Nordic decent, mother was Asian decent. Yes she thinks ill of america due to her family line having fairly horrid experiences in the past.
Eclipse Phase is my all time favourite setting... best bit for all you is the rulebook is free.

Inerrant Lust

I'm curious about Julie's preferences. Her backstory has her refusing all advances, but you put her as a Sexual Masochistic in spoiler text. At first glance, I thought she might be a case where she only finds assertive dominating men/women to be sexually desirable ...She seems rather bashful and would be easy to dominate if someone was determined enough. I'm sure there was no shortage of horny guys or girls trying to get in her pants within 88, and at least one of them had to be on the dommy side. Then again, it could have been that they just never found the opportunity to be assertive. Lots of surveillance and all- and to all outward appearances, no means no in the vault... even when it secretly means yes.

I wondered exactly what you were looking for in the game with regards to that. Oh, I assume you're also writing it under the assumption that the walking aphrodisiac effect is in play. I had in mind that it really only comes out when the vault dwellers' sweat or otherwise make physical contact with others. It wouldn't save you from being shot by a fat man-wielding super mutant... but that same supermutant would get some ideas if he started to tie you up for whatever nefarious purposes super mutants kidnap people for.

TheGlyphstone

So we are keeping the aphrodisiac effect? I thought we were going with a purely social experiment situation like most Vaults ended up being.

Inerrant Lust

I'm on the fence about it. Mirsellus' idea kind of depends on it, though I suppose it isn't necessary. LSWSjr's idea seems to be based around it as well. Though I had in mind that the vault dwellers are immune to each other's effects- they're so saturated in the stuff that it hardly bothers them anymore.

I know that my choice of players will significantly alter the tone of the game. LSWSjr would lead to a much more sexually charged game, I have little doubt- while Missfire's Makani is more suited for a serious game (though I did try and persuade her that damaged mutants can be sexy, or even romantic. ::)) That is one of the things I'm going to have to take in account.

You know, Glypth, you could play an outsider too. ;) As it is, we've got a lot of female candidates and I'd generally prefer to keep an even mixture of genders. Plus...

Oh, I'll just say it flat out; Missfire kind of has a reserved spot for her lasting interest in the game, among other things like quality of writing and the characters themselves. I like Makani and Sarah Sauer both... though I think Missfire will eventually go with Sarah. :p I'm sorry if that sounds like preferential treatment before the deadline, but I'm not gonna feel bad for doing it, since I think it'd make for a better game overall.  ::)

If I base the rest of the party around how well they'll mesh with Sarah, then this means that the story might not be totally silly... but isn't totally serious either. Sarah's also a good foil for the ignorant vault dwelling folk, who initially don't know what the outside is like.

My inclination is for an odd numbered group- 3 or 5. Don't know why it would need to be odd, but that's just the way I'm inclined to do it. :P Most likely, either 2 vault dwellers and 1 outsider (baring in mind that Sarah or Makani is almost guaranteed...) or 1 vault dweller and 2 outsiders. Or hell, 2 and 3- or 3 and 2. But honestly, that's not a hard and fast rule. I'll go 2 and 2 if it's too much to agonize over come Friday.

Mirsellus

For Julie the idea mimics some people that I've met away from keyboard. I found out that some people are completely incapable of getting aroused unless a certain situation happens. (The case I know could only get arouse if she had seen someone's blood.) In Julies case this situation has never come up, because for her she need to be sexually conquered before she can get aroused, and in small populations Rape is all but unheard of (And I figured it be a similar case in a secure vault with no privacy.)

I actually added in the aphrodisiac afterwards, It's after the apocalypse, with tribal society's and hyper-masculine mutants. I don't see any way that vault dwellers don't have a chance at being captured and ravaged. If the game went the other way, I'd be fine with a settlement building game as well. In that case I suspect having someone around who can be a walking aphrodisiac in the right situations would be fun to write as she'd be an unintentional tease. I'm good with low sexual content or high, either way is fun.

Essentially I'd like to explore Julie being ravished and slowly corrupted as she discovers things about herself that she was once disgusted with.

(From what I was reading I though the Aphrodisiac was optional, I'd opt in but I don't mind in either case.)
Eclipse Phase is my all time favourite setting... best bit for all you is the rulebook is free.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on December 01, 2015, 09:31:20 PM
I'm on the fence about it. Mirsellus' idea kind of depends on it, though I suppose it isn't necessary. LSWSjr's idea seems to be based around it as well. Though I had in mind that the vault dwellers are immune to each other's effects- they're so saturated in the stuff that it hardly bothers them anymore.

I know that my choice of players will significantly alter the tone of the game. LSWSjr would lead to a much more sexually charged game, I have little doubt- while Missfire's Makani is more suited for a serious game (though I did try and persuade her that damaged mutants can be sexy, or even romantic. ::)) That is one of the things I'm going to have to take in account.

You know, Glypth, you could play an outsider too. ;) As it is, we've got a lot of female candidates and I'd generally prefer to keep an even mixture of genders. Plus...

Oh, I'll just say it flat out; Missfire kind of has a reserved spot for her lasting interest in the game, among other things like quality of writing and the characters themselves. I like Makani and Sarah Sauer both... though I think Missfire will eventually go with Sarah. :p I'm sorry if that sounds like preferential treatment before the deadline, but I'm not gonna feel bad for doing it, since I think it'd make for a better game overall.  ::)

If I base the rest of the party around how well they'll mesh with Sarah, then this means that the story might not be totally silly... but isn't totally serious either. Sarah's also a good foil for the ignorant vault dwelling folk, who initially don't know what the outside is like.

My inclination is for an odd numbered group- 3 or 5. Don't know why it would need to be odd, but that's just the way I'm inclined to do it. :P Most likely, either 2 vault dwellers and 1 outsider (baring in mind that Sarah or Makani is almost guaranteed...) or 1 vault dweller and 2 outsiders. Or hell, 2 and 3- or 3 and 2. But honestly, that's not a hard and fast rule. I'll go 2 and 2 if it's too much to agonize over come Friday.

I was going to play a male vaultie, so the gender balance isn't really a problem. I just want to make sure all the people from one 'group'  are on the same page as to their shared environment pre-game...for example, I was expecting a vault population who weren't mutants, just extremely sexually liberated, and the mini-clan based society I was envisioning wouldn't have ostracized a member for being a prude/asexual - maybe treated them like the 'special' one of the family. Neither of those is set in stone, I can alter my own concept to fit if it's a better story the other way, but it'd be a recipe for chaos otherwise.

Mirsellus

I can adapt so that she was just considered 'special' and I think she works as a non-mutant as well if that's the case.

LSWSjr

The inclusion of Kassey doesn't have to make the campaign any more sexually charged, as Kassey's compulsion is to become pregnant and give birth over and over, as opposed to constantly having sex..

You did mention initially that you might skip over periods of time, but we could just keep the flow of time consistent, with Kassey already pregnant and staying that way for most of the story :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Inerrant Lust

Some light reading... Fun to read side by side with this one.

I wager that concrete or metal structures would last a bit longer in Hawaii, since it never freezes. Mold would do a lot of damage, though. And if FO4's downtown Boston is anything to go by, the polar ice caps may have partially flooded or that's just something to do with the city's infrastructure similar to the way pumps work in Manhattan. I never lived in Boston. ;)

Hawaii, though... well, is it bad for me to say that while I lived there, I spent some time idly wondering what it might look like, so idyllic and paradisiacal, devastated at the end of a nuclear exchange? Or in this case, biological and chemical. ::)

http://www.honestgamers.com/images/assets/58/C/38916/3.jpg
https://paulmullins.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/urban_jungle_by_jonasdero-d36w8nc.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/45/f6/81/45f681e41f43db9157ad4b7084ffa48f.jpg
http://nikan.ucoz.net/_ph/19/321265346.jpg
http://www.scaricabile.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/moscow_post.jpg

I will note, LSWSjr- pregnancy is something I have always... danced around before in roleplaying. I find it complicates the plot more than it enables it. If Kassey is already pregnant, than I don't know if the overseer would want her leaving... unless it was unintended and she's just been deemed too troublesome to keep. There's that and the fact that 'adventuring' with a bun in the oven is super reckless, and I don't want to even graze the topic of miscarriage in the slightest. It also kind of demands itself take center stage of the story, at least for the time being while it is ongoing.

As amusing as the prospect might be and as explorative of kinks as I try to be, I don't think I've ever been able to work well with pregnancy, as far as writing goes.

LSWSjr

The only time I've ever seen it was in Baldur's Gate 2 with Aerie's pregnancy, which she hand waves away by saying that divine magic makes everything better.

That said, I'm really keen to be part of this game, so... Kassey might not be able to fall pregnant with non-Vault 88 survivors, as a strange quirk of radiation mixed with Vault 88's drugs; or even if she did fall pregnant during play, she'd be fairly safe till her second trimester which would be a fair few months of in-game time :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Mirsellus

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on December 03, 2015, 12:44:36 AM
And if FO4's downtown Boston is anything to go by, the polar ice caps may have partially flooded or that's just something to do with the city's infrastructure similar to the way pumps work in Manhattan. I never lived in Boston. ;)

Oh gosh, a partially flooded Hawaii, maybe with most of the original buildings submerged. What a unique setting to explore in Fallout. We might have to dive to salvage some of the good stuff... and who knows what lives in the depths of Fallouts. ~~~ :-) ~~~
Though it brings up a good point, can Oceans even get radioactive? surface water can, but water is an amazing radiation shield, though I seem to remember a dolphin from Fallout 4 that says otherwise.

Personally I'd like to see a underwater city, where the residents rely on the mass of water to protect them from outsiders.

Inerrant Lust

I apologize for the delay. Got really sick all of the sudden.

Anyways, thank you everyone for your interest. I decided to keep it small and go with Mirsellus, TheGlyphstone, and Missfire. The OOC can be found here. And I do apologize to LSWSjr and everyone else who posted interest here.

Feel free to PM me sometime- I owe you a game, I think. :P

LSWSjr

Congrats to the three of you :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Mr BadGuy

Eh, I'm taking this thread has already kind of died? Is there the possibility of a RP somewhere I just haven't seen (and might like to join >_<)
My search thread: In progress ^_^