Game Based on Feehan's Novels

Started by Fyrangel, March 05, 2008, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyrangel

I'm really considering running a game based on some of Christine Feehan's work.  Her work is sensual and sexy and there are always the wild and powerful male parts.  She has several different  series, but they could be worked together.

•       1.   Carpathians:  A different take on Vampires.  In this case, the Heroes, they have some of the weaknesses, stay out of the sun but they battle the "Vampires" those who have lost their souls.  Each seeks for a Lifemate to bring back their emotions and ability to see colors.

2. The Witches: 7 Sisters, born to a 7th Sister, each having great powers and the youngest having all of the powers. 

3.  The Ghostwalkers:  Psychic supersoldiers, enhanced to make their jobs easier.  They can be almost invisible, and the man who created them in mad and as it turns out has been experimenting on many people, especially female orphans.  He's subjected them to sometimes inhuman experiments and now the Ghostwalkers while still working for the 'Good Guys' are also trying to find and save these young women.

4.  The Shapeshifters:  Mostly Jaguars but, others are there too, and slowly showing themselves.
I'd like some input to see what people think of these.

Seara

Oh my god I was just thinking about starting a game on the Carpathians. I just finished re-reading the series the other day. Um if I could be a part of somthing like that I would love it!

Fyrangel

Send me a Private Mail, we can talk, maybe we can work together on it.  Two heads being better than one.

LordAnubis

A friend of mine with some signifanc influence decided to poke me to the thread.

What did you have in mind for the Carpathian game?  I haven't read any of her books but I'd be willing to try something.

Fyrangel

Well Seara and I were both thinking, I'd like to work on the Carpathian's first... I have a lot of information on them, so even if you haven't read the books, you can manage.  They are generally very arrogant, very strong, powerful have various magic and think their women should do what they say.  Of course they are going to find that a little more difficult with modern day mates....

Carpathians are similar to vampires, they drink blood to live, don't really eat, and can't take the sunlight, but unlike Vampires, they don't kill to feed. And they are protectors of the world, even if the world doesn't know it.   Vampires are Carpathians who have lost their souls and live for the kills now.

Each Carpathian male loses his ability to see color and feel emotion around the age of 200.  And then after that, he can only regain those things if he finds his "Lifemate", the woman who completes him, who is the Light to his Darkness.  He must bind her to him and becomes rather jealous and possessive and protective.... With the birth of fewer and fewer female Carpathians, many males have gone rogue and turned Vampire, the only fix for this is to kill them.  Those who remain hunt down the Vampires and destroy them.  Now they have found that Human Females with Psychic powers are able to be turned to Carpathian, thus the issue with modern women vs, men who still think women should listen to them and do as they say.

LordAnubis

So a dark, arrogant, egotistical, dominative guy with some less then PC views on woman who hunts and kills vampires.  Yeah I can do that *chuckle*

I"m in if you two want me.  Just want to know what the general scenario you two wanted to play and I'll build a guy for it.

Fyrangel

Ok.. will do, just have to get another guy or two who want to play.

Seara

OK I am bumping this thread because I REALLY want to play it out. If you havn't read the books I am so willing to go into details about the Carpathian race. If you are a dominant over bearing and soft hearted this game is the one for you. :)

Fyrangel

Thanks for the push Seara, I too want to get this moving... so I'll work on setting it up. 

If you want to see some good information on the books visit  www.christinefeehan.com

They've put together all sorts of stuff.

MagicalPen

Sounds rather interesting - never read any of the books but maybe i'll have to look into them. I like new takes on old ideas (re: vampires).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

MagicalPen

Anything happening with this or...?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Fyrangel

Give me today, I'll work on getting it set up...

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Fyrangel

Ok..I have the Game Info/Character/OOC thread up... so let's start making characters.. feel free to PM me your ideas and we'll work out the details.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13841.0

Name:  Dark Grace: Carpathian Tales Information/Characters/OOC