PM's

Started by auroraChloe, November 23, 2009, 03:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auroraChloe

who can read these besides the people involved ? 

Gods / Goddesses  ?   or all the staff ? 

and i'm sorry if this information was else where...  i've been combing through the help pages for an answer for days. 

a/a 8/21/17

Vekseid

Only me.

Note that if you include bad links (causing the email to bounce on someone's spam filter) or reply to someone's pm over e-mail, then yes, I see that. I may take action cracking down on the former a bit - I like to keep Elliquiy's address off of blacklists and it's frustrating to have to deal with them.

Otherwise, I generally view pms when another member has reported their private messages (I have seen people forge complaints or skip on the story - annoying), or when we otherwise receive reports of harassing behavior. If you're overly paranoid about it, consider that between all the sites I run there are three thousand private messages a day. I could not hope to read a fraction of them.

auroraChloe

that's fine, Vekseid.  i was curious mostly. 

i read a comment/post someone had made that led me to believe several people could read them which then led me to wonder how discrete said people would be...   anyway. 

thanks for answering so promptly !   

a/a 8/21/17

cere

I'll offer my services to give you a second opinion on the interesting ones God!!  It's the least I can do!

;)

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

auroraChloe

Quote from: cere on November 23, 2009, 03:49:34 PM
I'll offer my services to give you a second opinion on the interesting ones God!!  It's the least I can do!

;)

you're not getting in my male box... errr...  no wait.   MAIL box       :-[

a/a 8/21/17

cere

Not even if I promise to wear a beret when I post the male mail?

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

auroraChloe

speaking of pm's ...         

a/a 8/21/17

Vekseid

Quote from: auroraChloe on November 23, 2009, 03:46:41 PM
that's fine, Vekseid.  i was curious mostly. 

i read a comment/post someone had made that led me to believe several people could read them which then led me to wonder how discrete said people would be...   anyway. 

thanks for answering so promptly !   

Well, I can't stop people from sharing them if they want - it's just good etiquette in most cases to ask permission from all parties first.