{Extreme} Lake Heart Asylum

Started by Paradox, May 28, 2008, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

(The following passage was written by Requim's Pride, who will also have Admin responsibility in the game)

Lake Heart Asylum 
The county of Lake Heart—so named for the heart-shaped lake in the North-West corner—may be small, but the top-seeked asylum settles against the heart’s top. The Lake Heart Asylum focuses more on young adults from 16-30, hoping to save the troubled souls in the long-term care. Some are just angry youths whose behaviours are hoped to be more remedied via doctors than prison.

Some are new. Some have been there for months. Others last years. Normally.

Every old building has stories and what better than to have stories of old patients that never got out and died in the asylum? What if the stories bled into those saying that doctors mistreated their patients? Or that while the rooms are locked at night, one can feel hands exploring their bodies as weight settles on the foot of the bed.

This is an adult game, obviously. There will be language, horror, violence, gore and sex. Mainly, patients are needed, but you can apply for a doctor or therapist. You must be open to the survival horror aspect and it is possible for your character to be hurt or killed. Maybe it will be fun and bring out your creativity.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Requiem's Pride

So yeah. This is a game idea I made up a few weeks ago and darling there is going to run it with me. If anyone has character ideas/questions or any questions at all, send me a message or the like.

Greenthorn

*grins*

I can't commit right now as I'm still trying to organize Shadowz's and my small game...

So my question is..will you two be taking people in after it's started? New patient and all?

Paradox

Quote from: Greenthorn on May 28, 2008, 01:25:56 PM
*grins*

I can't commit right now as I'm still trying to organize Shadowz's and my small game...

So my question is..will you two be taking people in after it's started? New patient and all?

Right now, we're looking for 5 to 8 people; however, if someone has an especially interesting character concept, we'd be glad to have them.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Greenthorn

Quote from: Paradox on May 28, 2008, 01:30:35 PM
Right now, we're looking for 5 to 8 people; however, if someone has an especially interesting character concept, we'd be glad to have them.

*raises an eyebrow* I can be interesting...sometimes...well..maybe...*laughs*

I just meant that I'm interested but with the small extreme game going...and behind on my posts...it would be unfair for me to join anything new...but will be able to in the near future..so can I be a latecomer? *bats lashes*

Paradox

Quote from: Greenthorn on May 28, 2008, 01:32:43 PM
*raises an eyebrow* I can be interesting...sometimes...well..maybe...*laughs*

I just meant that I'm interested but with the small extreme game going...and behind on my posts...it would be unfair for me to join anything new...but will be able to in the near future..so can I be a latecomer? *bats lashes*

We'll save you a padded cell  ;)

This may well end up next to your game in the extreme section.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Paradox on May 28, 2008, 01:34:04 PM
We'll save you a padded cell  ;)

This may well end up next to your game in the extreme section.

I was fully expecting that..hence I get to play a victim instead of the murderous psychopath ;)

bunn

I am a bit new here but I would be interested in joining as well if you'd have me. Should I post my idea for my character here or in a pm?

Paradox

Here, please! That way Requim and I can both see it. I'll be putting up a prologue of sorts in a day or two. Welcome to the fun though bunn, I look forward to seeing your concept.

bunn

Lake Heart Asylum Tenant Records_
Patient Report Number 48271

Name: Regina "Seven" Theersbe
Hight: 5'2
Build: Slight
Looks: She is slender, you could even say malnourished, because she never really eats and only drinks juice. When aloud to roam she should be kept in a straitjacket but when in her room she is aloud to be without it. Her nails are chewed short and her dark brown hair is jaggedly chopped, framing her impish yet expressionless face. Her eyes are a very pale blue and surrounded by heavy dark circles.
Personality: Regina never speaks to attendants, doctors, or orderly. She has been relatively mute since first admission. On rare occasion she is seen speaking an odd word to fellow patients. She is not easily excitable and if left unprovoked she remains docile.
Background: Regina, or Seven as she's known by other patients, was raised in a very health environment on the Theersbe's estate in Alabama. The first signs of abnormality was an obsessive behavior towards art supplies such as crayons or markers which upon finding she would proceed to aggressively scratch unknown symbols into any available surface. This climaxed on the night of ******* when she was found in her parent's bed, both slain, carving for mentioned symbols into their skin with a stake knife. She has been in professional care since the age of 12, was admitted to Lake Heart on her 16th birthday. Regina should be watched very carefully and never underestimated, she has killed five others in previous care facilities.
WARNING: Keep all objects capable of marking and or sharp objects away from patient.

Paradox

First character up here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16075.0

Requim will soon follow with one of her own.

I'll review your submission and get back with you tomorrow, bunn. Bit busy right now, sorry!

Cyclops

I would LOVE to play, can I get in or are you already full up?

I have a guy that thinks he hears gods voice - unlike many of the shows on TV though, he doesn't.  God doesn't tell him to really do anything very bad, but well...  Sometimes what god does tell him to do, turns out ... poorly.

I'd also like to enquire about supernatural abilities and/or extraordinary skills (blackbelt, hyper intelligence, or the like).

Please, get back to me, I'm excited just thinking about it.
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

Paradox

Quote from: titanshadow on May 30, 2008, 09:58:37 AM
I would LOVE to play, can I get in or are you already full up?

I have a guy that thinks he hears gods voice - unlike many of the shows on TV though, he doesn't.  God doesn't tell him to really do anything very bad, but well...  Sometimes what god does tell him to do, turns out ... poorly.

I'd also like to enquire about supernatural abilities and/or extraordinary skills (blackbelt, hyper intelligence, or the like).

Please, get back to me, I'm excited just thinking about it.

I'll discuss the superpowers thing with Requiem and get back to you. In the mean time, you do realize that some of the other patients will be involved in some downright sickening situations? This game doesn't have to be extreme all of the time, but it will most likely stay on a consistently dark level.

The Great Triangle

My proposed character!

Dr. Gunther Trismagustus

Height: 6' 1''
Weight: 145 lbs.  
Hair: Grey
Eyes: Brown

"Doctor" Trismagustus was a fairly normal entertainer with a fake PhD for a while.  He worked as a stage hypnotist, running around the country playing con games for entertainment purposes only.  One night during a performance, however, he began to see visions of auras bleeding off of people's bodies, and began to perceive monsters just outside his range of vision.  Over the next few days, his hallucinations only got worse, until finally he began to believe that the monsters in his hallucinations were demons who preyed on the minds of the weak and vulnerable.  He began to "treat" the afflicted, and nearly killed several people with drug overdoses and shock therapy before becoming a ward of the state.

After coming to Lake Heart, Gunther's delusions became worse, and he became more and more successful in convincing the nursing staff that he was in fact a doctor at the asylum.  He has hoarded truly frightening amounts of supplies from the doctors, and has more or less turned the east wing of the asylum into his own personal domain.  The staff would stop him, but sometimes he really does seem to bring improvement in his victims, and his playing doctor actually seems to reduce the complaints of hauntings and supernatural phenomena.  A few cuts and bruises here and there is perfectly normal for a doctor in his line of work, isn't it?
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Kitikat

Arrgh! This game concept is so deliciously enticing... I love asylum concepts and survivalist horror and everything. Just not so much the gore :(

Hmm. Maybe I can forge through it. It really is so exciting...
Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

Paradox

There doesn't have to be gore. It's more about suspense and horror. We put it in the Extreme section just in case a situation ends up being particularly violent and/or disgusting.

The Great Triangle

I don't think gore will be particularly likely from the doctors, (except for the possibility of lobotomies or attempted lobotomies) and as long as you make it clear in PMs that you don't want your character getting dismembered or eaten, you should be able to evade any gore on your character.  I certainly can't garuntee that there won't be gore in the game though.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Paradox

By the way, ¡Welcome to the game, Señor Triángulo!

Go ahead and get started in the prologue thread, if you like.

Kitikat

Okay, twist my rubber arm then :P I'll deal with the gore if it happens :)

Here we go, hope she's suitable. If you'd prefer a male character, let me know :)

WATERFALL MENTAL HEALTH FACILITY TRANSFER CARD
Patient:600-202020-6
           Jane Doe

Height: 5'8"
Weight:
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Referring Doctor: William Jones

Transfer Notes: Extreme care with this one. Has severely injured a number of other staff and patients. Recommend 24hour monitoring and restraints at all times, unless under heavy sedation

Patient Notes: See attached case files 132 and 534. In summary... patient suffers from severe hallucinogenic breaks, with severe violence and complete breakdown of communication skills and higher reasoning ability. Manual dexterity is retained, as are basic reasoning and planning skills. I would go so far as to define it as another personality, if there were in fact any signs of a personality present during the breaks.

Outside of the breaks, the patient is lucid and friendly... however, she refuses any concept of appropriate sexual behaviour. She attempts to seduce anyone she is regularly brought into contact with. At the institution before this one, it was discovered she was sexually active with a number of orderlies and at least one patient... this was only discovered when she experienced a break during one of the 'liasons' and injured the orderly to the point of placing him in intensive care. Injuries included bites, shattered bones and a fractured skull.

Unresponsive to therapy. Several analysts refuse to work with her due to her apparently random violent responses to questions.

Claims no memory regarding her life before her first incarceration. Claims no memory of events during the breaks.

Further comments: I'm sorry to dump this one on you guys, but we don't have the facilities to maintain her. I know it's unprofessional of me to say so, but this one is creepy. You'll see what I mean.

Transfer authorisation: William Jones
Form 313-020-302

FOR OFFICE USE ONLY
Transfer log:
Approval log:
Transport Authority:
Receiver Authority:

Bisexual, prefers to play female or T* characters
Ons and Offs and more!

ShrowdedPoet

I thought it was just Asylum but oh well, I want to join as one of the loons.  A 21 yr old women. . .
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Paradox

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on May 30, 2008, 02:03:33 PM
I thought it was just Asylum but oh well, I want to join as one of the loons.  A 21 yr old women. . .

We'll be glad to have you, but you'll have to give us more of an idea for your character than that.

What's wrong with her head? What's her history?

That sort of thing.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Paradox on May 30, 2008, 02:07:40 PM
We'll be glad to have you, but you'll have to give us more of an idea for your character than that.

What's wrong with her head? What's her history?

That sort of thing.

Her name is Lilac, aged 21.  She was born into a family of street kids and was raised in the sewers.  Her mother was killed by a drug dealer when she was only 3, right in front of her.  They cut her mothers hair, raped her, and then stabbed her 30 times in her pregnant abdomin.  They took 3 year old Lilac and sold her to an evil man at the age 5.  This man molested her until she was 10, when she bruatally murdered him with a kitchen knife.  The police found her covered in blood in the mans closet where she had lived her five years of torture.  They admitted her to a childrens physiciatric ward.  She was diagnosed with paranoid skizophrenia.  She was a very violent young girl who often took advantage of the other young girls.  When she turned 18 the state moved her to the state run asylum.  Her violent tendencies got to bad to keep her there and at 21 she was moved to Lake Heart Asylum.

She's 5'3", slim, but length red hair, pale complexion, curvy and muscular.
Ons and Offs

ShrowdedPoet

Green eyes, 100lbs, referring doctor Alision Thrope
Ons and Offs

Requiem's Pride

As for supernatural. What did you have in mind? Feel free to reply here, or in a message to me.

I'm sure if you're really nice, you can avoid the gore, Kitikat. =D

Cyclops

Quote from: Paradox on May 30, 2008, 10:30:04 AM
I'll discuss the superpowers thing with Requiem and get back to you. In the mean time, you do realize that some of the other patients will be involved in some downright sickening situations? This game doesn't have to be extreme all of the time, but it will most likely stay on a consistently dark level.

I have no issue with that, though the character might.  No one ever said that the asylum would really treat everyone, I mean, he will likely go deeper and deeper into madness until he cracks all together, but oh won't it be a fun ride?

I'll type up a 'card' and post it here for your approval.
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."