News:

Main Menu

Online (MMO) Rpgs

Started by TonyWoods, October 18, 2005, 06:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackeyedcoyote

Quote from: Instinct on October 25, 2005, 11:25:30 AM
I currently play a level 60 Night Elf Druid and a level 16 Troll Mage in World of Warcraft (Cenarion Circle and Emerald Dream servers, respectively.) I was on the verge of leaving the game forever until several days ago when a friend dragged me back in.  ;D

Either way, I have a LOT of fun with it! Sure, most of the community (even on the role-playing servers, which are usually bastions of maturity in other games) is made up of kiddies, but it's pretty easy to find your niche if you manage to find some actual adults to talk to.

:D 56 Warrior on CC. I believe we've met. ^_~

actually, 56 Warrior (female Night Elf), 42 rogue (Female Night Elf), 31 druid (Male Nelf), 26 hunter(Male Tauren), 24 mage (Male troll), 17 Shaman (Female tauren) and a slew of other chibialts. >>;

Personally, I've always been a believer that RP is what you make of it. Like *hell* text is visually immersing. its text. but with the imagination, it can be turned into a wonderful environment absolutely condusive to in depth RP. Its the ultimate forum because of the lack of rules. With MMO's you are limited by a static world and alot of very... immersion breaking things. But beetween lore, your imagination, and a little effort (generally less than writing a novel or so, which is what I end up doing freeforming. Not that I dislike that! ^^) the MMO has great potential for RP fun. Won't write you a bestseller, but its easily enough to keep me enthralled. between the PvE, PvP, and the RP to glue those all together and beyond... I am well set.

Oh, and I'm in the CoV beta too. Just need to install it on my PC, got it like a week ago. Should be fun! And I've been meaning to try out anarchy online... but as of current my mac laptop has a better video card than my PC. D: So... when I upgrade that I may diversify my gameplay. as for guildwars... the art... ew. No thanks. I'll take my bouncing elves, hulking tauren, and samwise/twincruiser art, thank-you-very-much. Sons of the Storm ftw!
~Coyote Knows Best~