Untitled X-Men Group. (Interest Check, Open recruiting)

Started by Strifesblaze7, July 09, 2013, 08:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strifesblaze7

Okay, after trying a few groups and having them fall through, I guess I will try this myself, I would like a Co-gm, and to see if anyone would like to join this. I am not going to reveal much about the story just yet other than it will be set at the school in New York but Xavier will no longer be the headmaster in this group. I do prefer characters to be over 18. students should be 18 to 22

As for posting frequency, I would like multiple posts a week, I don't find 3 to be unreasonable but if you can only do two that is okay. Really. Just please notify of absences beforehand.

Please ask me if you specific X-men to parent your characters, it makes it easier.

Taken parents: Gambit and Rogue for my character, Jacque Remy Lebeau.

CS for now:

Name:
Sexuality:
Birthplace:
Parents:
Powers:
Skills:
Bio:

The Story.....

Your new life will began when you arrive at the Xavier institute for higher learning, you will be greeted with a choice at the gates, accept your new life and your powers or try to tell yourself you are here to learn to hide your gifts. As you enter you will meet the flow of students that live here and try to do one of the two thoughts you have just had. You can choose the group of them you wish to know, just as you choose your path in your new life. You will meet your teachers, those that will teach you like it is a normal school, and those that will teach you about who you are.

You will soon learn that things are not as calm as they seem, the world around you is in upheaval and you, your kind, is the center of it all. Once again, one will rise with a plan to make the world safe from you again. Their path will be one of evil and hatred, the tools they will employ will all be made or told to kill you, to give you no quarter and not an ounce of human compassion.
Is there a point where nobody cares

GhettoMagick

I wanna join! I don't know if I want John as my character but I'd like to join.
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Strifesblaze7

GhettoMagick

Yay! I am 99% sure Ember will join too! What exactly did you have in mind?
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Strifesblaze7

Well like I said, I don't want to throw too much around but I would like it to have a focus on the students and how they are learning to live with their powers. But there will be action and such as well for those who desire.

GhettoMagick

Okay keep me posted! I'm watching the X-men anime tv show now and thinking of characters!

Strifesblaze7

Well, like I said you are in so when I get the OOC up, if we get enough I will reveal more for the group.

Julles

Strifesblaze7

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Strifesblaze7

Ember Star

my only concern is expecting so many posts a week. I usually can't manage more than one or two and that's bare
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Strifesblaze7

Two is fine, though I heavily prefer more than one.  But for you I will make an exception.

PhantomPistoleer

Aww, dang it, Strife.  I wanted to run the X-Men game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Strifesblaze7

Batman4560

Well Im in, I will make this one last even if its just me in the end.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Strifesblaze7

SapphireStar

Hi! I'm interested in joining. Been looking for an X-Men rp  ;D Like to request Psylocke as mother of one of my characters. Same with Emma Frost.

Strifesblaze7

AribethAmkiir

So this is going to be based in the future, if you're talking about X-Men progeny?

Also, are you going to put a hard cap on powers?  i.e. Magneto being one of the most powerful mutants around?  Or is it going to be, "I'm playing Magneto and Mystique's daughter so I can shapeshift and control metal"? 

Finally, I can completely understand wanting to keep your ideas in reserve, but can you share a bit more?  It's difficult to come up with an accurate character concept if we don't know what type of game we're playing in.  Such as, playing in the future where the children of cannon X-Men are possible characters (I've already gathered that's a possibility.  Just using that as an example.)

Ember Star

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on July 09, 2013, 11:31:05 PM
You have two characters? okay, I can do that.
Sweets, John's (Ghetto's character) is Emma Frost's son. Well IDK if he's bringing in exactly the same character or not yet.

Strifesblaze7

It is set in the future, and there will be a power cap of course. If Magneto is your father I won't likely allow you to be a class A mutant like him unless you have a damn good reason. And you will not be able to use the main power of each parent either, that is too much. As for storyline, it is going to have a lot to do with adjusting to your powers and growing as a person but there will be plenty of action and group events.

Strifesblaze7

Well if he brings John then the shall have to work something out but if he doesn't want to, I guess Emma Frost will be off the table Saphire.

AribethAmkiir

I'll keep an eye on this.  Thanks for the info Strife.