[ST: SBT] To boldly go... (Star Trek RP) [VAN], possibly [BON]

Started by Doktor Sleepless, March 29, 2009, 05:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Sleepless

So, this topic got me thinking. Who's on board for a freeform Star Trek RP? We could be a space station; I'm thinking of playing the Captain in charge of it, and ocassional NPCs... and others could play other officers, diplomats from the Klingon or Romulan empires, merchants, civilians, etc...

No overarching plot, just character situations, if anyone feels like actually GMing plots, it'd be cool. NO godmoding, please.

Setting? Some border space space station with lots of civilian traffic, right after the Dominion War. Any takers?

UPDATE: Here's a sample profile form (this is not my character for the game):

Name: Dev Em

Nickname: None.

Position: Medical Officer

Race: Bajoran

Place of Birth: Bajor

Hair: Black, greying at the temples

Eyes: Black

Height: 6'

Weight: 170 lbs

Languages: Bajoran, Cardassian, Federation Interlingua, Vulcan

Marital Status: Single

Physical Description: Dev Em is a tall man around 6 feet, slender and fit, he wears his black and blue medical uniform with only two full pips on his collar, something a bit strange to behold as he is a mature man, in his late 30s/early 40s. His jet black hair is cut short, and it matches the shade of his eyes, as black as starless space, with a depth that shows you this man has seen a lot of things, and even though many weren't pretty, he hasn't let that fact beat him down. On his right ear, wich is scarred, he wears a simple, silver traditional piece of Bajoran jewelry, with a single, short chain and small brace huging the carthylage.

Psychological Profile: Em has been through many things, has lost loved ones many times, but he hasn't let that turn him into a bitter man, he's a spiritual person, reveling in his religiousity, but he is not boring. He is cheery and likes to have fun, and, even if he's a MD, he would make a good counselor, as he can listen very well, and provide advice.

Family History: Em's family is of the Dem d'jarra, a "clan" of philosophers and poets. His parents, Dev Jar and Dev Ra, where members of a civilian, pacifist group that spoke against the Cardassians during the early years of the occupation. That caused them, and Em's older sister, Dev Kai, to be arrested and sent to the Cardassia IV labor camp.

Personal History: After being left alone at 13, Em joined, or rather was taken into the Shakaar resistance cell, where he became friends with some of the older members, like Kyra Nerys and Lupaza, who built him a new earring when his original one was torn from his ear by a Cardassian soldier.

He grew up under the wing of Tel Sur, the main medic of the Shakaar cell, whose d'jarra was one of the most respected line of healers of the planet. Under Tel's wing, Em became skilled as a medic, treating his fellow resistance members. He also participated in many strikes, killing Cardassians when needed, but he didn't like it a bit. That doesn't mean he can't defend himself: he spent' his adolescense and early adult life as a resistance fighter.

Life as a resistance fighter wasn't easy, and he lost many loved ones, included the girl he loved, Par Nima. He still remembers her scream dying under the fire of a cardassian gun....

After the Withdrawal, he graduated as an MD specializing in emergency room work, and remained on Bajor, working at the Ilvian Medical Complex (as well as on other places such as Deep Space Nine, where he met Dr. Julian Bashir). Many years later, after everything was settled, he felt the need to travel, but he didn't want to abandon his medical career. So he decided to join StarFleet.

He went through a two year course at StarFleet medical, where he caught up with standard Federation procedures, with no problem, Bajoran medical sciences being very advanced. He served first on board of the USS Pasteur, a medical vessel, then went back to his planet to serve on DS9, then serverd on board of the USS Drake, and has now been transferred to the USS Medusa.

After a brief period at the USS Medusa, where he served as Acting Chief Medical Officer, he was transferred to the USS Philista, a medical ship, where his talents as a field doctor and researcher were put to use.

During his time on the Philista, among other things, he developed a cure for a virus that a race of alien creatures had unintentionally infected the humans at the Caldos IV colony. He developed the cure for the mutated strand of the virus. His knowledge of xenobiology, together with his experience with bio-engineered weapons was what helped the most, for the virus was completely alien and at the same time engineered for human physiology.

Just one year after joining the Philista's crew, he was offered a teaching position at Starfleet Medical, due to his outstanding abilities as a field doctor. He took it, and spent three years there, until he felt the need again to be out in the stars, and asked for a transfer. He was offered the position of CMO on the USS Hiei, and finally given a promotion to Lieutenant, albeit acting.

Academic Records

Em's specialties in medicine are obviously field medicine and emergency room procedures, but he's also a good doctor to have around people, treating families and the like. He also has a degree in xenobiology, being very interested on how life got started all around the galaxy.

Official  Starfleet Records

* USS Pasteur
* Deep Space Nine
* USS Drake
* USS Medusa
* USS Philista
* Starfleet Medical (teaching position)

Commendations

* Bajoran Prophet's Star for services to his people.
* StarFleet Medical Dr. McCoy award to best bedside Manners 

Hobbies

Philosophy, poetry, theology, springball, and pool.

Other Information

Birth-2348
Joined Resistance-2361
Graduated-2371
Joined StarFleet Medical School-2378
Graduated-2382
Assigned to the USS Pasteur-2382
Transferred to DS9-2383
Transferred to USS Drake-2385
Transferred to the USS Medusa-2386
Transferred to USS Philista-2387
Transferred To Starfleet Medical-2388
Transferred To USS Hiei-2391

UPDATE II: Official year is 2375, right after the Dominion War ended.

UPDATE III: Locking this thread up, any future interested people please see the OOC thread, and the main game thread.

jouzinka

I'm having more than enough games, but not doing this isn't simply an option.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: karmatrik on March 29, 2009, 06:11:25 AM
I could be convinced. ^_^

*prods*

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 06:19:28 AM
I'm having more than enough games, but not doing this isn't simply an option.

Hehehe.... Did I have a killer idea, or did I not? Two trekkie chicks, good, good. Do I smell Orion girls?

Paladin

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: karmatrik on March 29, 2009, 06:42:03 AM
Silly! Ezri<Jadzia!

Character-wise? No doubt. Smexy-wise? Ezri>Jadzia.

Quote from: Paladin on March 29, 2009, 06:52:55 AM
oooooh I love Star Trek. You got my attention.

Jump right in. Hope someone feels like GMing this. I just wanna play.

jouzinka

Trill taken, hmmmmm. I might have to settle for a Vulcan then. :) But hey, I take CMO. (just kiddin'... or maybe not ;D )

I can do engineer or security. I might be able to come up with some scenarios, but I dunno about GMing.

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 06:56:36 AM
Trill taken, hmmmmm. I might have to settle for a Vulcan then. :) But hey, I take CMO. (just kiddin'... or maybe not ;D )

Nothing says there can't be two Trills, but a Vulcan CMO sounds nice. Just make sure she's in heat. :P

Quote from: karmatrik on March 29, 2009, 06:57:27 AM
I can do engineer or security. I might be able to come up with some scenarios, but I dunno about GMing.

If you want to do scenarios, we can all work them through together. Security or Engineer is cool. I'm gonna be the CO, Captain or maybe even Commodore/Rear Admiral.

jouzinka

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 07:02:18 AM
Nothing says there can't be two Trills, but a Vulcan CMO sounds nice. Just make sure she's in heat. :P

Well, yeah, sure, but variety is kind of the point, isn't it? Just ocurred to me, that Vulcans have their Pon Farr (urge to mate) once in seven years... that's not really fitting for an adult RP site. :D

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 07:02:18 AM
I'm gonna be the CO, Captain or maybe even Commodore/Rear Admiral.

Man, Commodore/Rear Admiral takes a lifetime to achieve. But good luck. :)

jouzinka

RubySlippers

Oooooooooooo Star Trek I loved Star Trek since I was little, own the DVD set for Deep Space 9 my favorite version ever.

Remember Trills do not HAVE to be joined either, most aren't. As for me I'm thinking shadey roguish Betazoid/Orion female with both empathic skills not a full telepath and pheromones but genetically tinkered with a mechanical implant to control them, have them affect members of either gender and enhance them since generally they are not as strong as a pure Orion woman. Her story is a Orion woman seduced and controlled a male betazoid of some no small amount of skill in telepathy to produce a child to be useful to her people.

In the ENTERPRISE series it was shown the Orion women run things so it fits the Canon and the tech now would be very good for genetic tinkering and implants to assist in dealing with pheromones. After all female Orions away from home might need to supress them for that, if they are active. Likely by now I would think in the modern era.

She will be attached to the Orion Syndicate on the surface as a Diplomat and Negotiator but be pretty much a rogue with a really nicely outfitted small ship and be well - moral flexiblity. Is not opposed to abusing her natural talents to get the job done regardless of what that is.
;)

Anatassa Devras
(just picture her with light green skin just a tad over flesh tone, clothing will generally look around that level very ,um sexy but a likely not as sheer in spots and a little more coverage for modesty - but she likes the attention)
http://fantasti.cc/user/iwannabe20/images/image/289983

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 07:18:52 AM
Well, yeah, sure, but variety is kind of the point, isn't it? Just ocurred to me, that Vulcans have their Pon Farr (urge to mate) once in seven years... that's not really fitting for an adult RP site. :D

Maybe she's got a rare Vulcan disease that keeps her in a constant state of Pon Farr?

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 07:18:52 AMMan, Commodore/Rear Admiral takes a lifetime to achieve. But good luck. :)

Well, we can start at the rank we want. Each department head will be Lt. or Lt. Cmdr. at the very least, and I'll lbe the CO, so.

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 29, 2009, 10:39:26 AMOooooooooooo Star Trek I loved Star Trek since I was little, own the DVD set for Deep Space 9 my favorite version ever.

Makes two of us, DS9 fans, that's why I'm making this a space station.

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 29, 2009, 10:39:26 AMAs for me I'm thinking shadey roguish Betazoid/Orion female with both empathic skills not a full telepath and pheromones (...) She will be attached to the Orion Syndicate on the surface as a Diplomat and Negotiator.

Sounds good, but remember that the Orion Syndicate itself is an outlaw organization in the Federation and its allies; maybe she could work for the Syndicate but pretend to be an independent, or a representative of a dummy corporation?

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 29, 2009, 10:39:26 AMAnatassa Devras
(just picture her with light green skin just a tad over flesh tone, clothing will generally look around that level very ,um sexy but a likely not as sheer in spots and a little more coverage for modesty - but she likes the attention)
http://fantasti.cc/user/iwannabe20/images/image/289983

Very hot.

Marlow

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 01:31:36 PM
Maybe she's got a rare Vulcan diseases that keeps her in a constant state of Pon Farr?
Pon Farr is characterized by violence, fall into a maddened state, and must mate or seek medical attention within 8 days or die. I don't think a constant state of Pon Farr would be a good idea.

Oh, yea, coincidentally I'm interested.  :P
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Marlow on March 29, 2009, 02:04:44 PMPon Farr is characterized by violence, fall into a maddened state, and must mate or seek medical attention within 8 days or die. I don't think a constant state of Pon Farr would be a good idea.

Something similar, like an offshoot of Pon Farr that makes them edgy (but not full blown violent) and horny all the time.

Quote from: Marlow on March 29, 2009, 02:04:44 PMOh, yea, coincidentally I'm interested.  :P

Cool, what kind of character?

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 29, 2009, 02:35:08 PM
Any chance for two Vulcans?

Of course, again, remember that Vulcans might not be the best bet for an RP where sex might be involved... and while i have no problem with more than one Vulcan character, more than one with a rare Pon Far derived disorder to make them horny would be a stretch. :P Perhaps half Romulan, or half Human?

Elven Sex Goddess

I also am a big star trek fan.   So is very much interested it.   Have a concepts for a Orion or a Orion-Romulan crossbreed. 

Marlow

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 02:38:17 PM
Something similar, like an offshoot of Pon Farr that makes them edgy (but not full blown violent) and horny all the time.

Cool, what kind of character?
Hmm, touche, good sir. >.<

And... I'm thinking of either COS, CEO, or CMO. As for race and such, I'm not decided yet.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Transgirlenstein

I'm okay with being half romulan.  Perhaps she fights against the aggressive tendancies of her Romulan blood.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Asherah on March 29, 2009, 02:43:49 PM
I also am a big star trek fan.   So is very much interested it.   Have a concepts for a Orion or a Orion-Romulan crossbreed.

Cool. I'm guessing since there's so much interest in Orions, we might make this on the border with Orion space. Perhaps you can coordinate with RubySlippers and play a cohort to her Orion character?

Quote from: Marlow on March 29, 2009, 02:47:04 PMAnd... I'm thinking of either COS, CEO, or CMO. As for race and such, I'm not decided yet.

I think CSO (Chief Science Officer is the usual shorthand, if that's what you meant by COS) would be your best bet, since other players (see above) have expressed interest in CEO and CMO.

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 29, 2009, 02:49:37 PM
I'm okay with being half romulan.  Perhaps she fights against the aggressive tendancies of her Romulan blood.

Sounds good to me. Start working on those characters, people!!!

jouzinka

Half Human or half Romulan doesn't make the Vulcans any more 'horny,' see Spock and T'Pol, respectively. But sure one disorder can be tolerated. I will give up the Vulcan concept happily, trippingsatyr, it's not important to me. As I see the frequency of the 'exotic' species pop out, I may as well go with a Human doctor to weight things out (and be completely happy with it at the same time). :)