One on One Search - M/M -

Started by ultimategeek, May 27, 2014, 11:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultimategeek

Things look as though they might quiet down a bit.  I'm looking for a few solid roleplays.  They're ranked in interest order, but I'd be happy to do any of them.  I have some plot ideas that I'd be happy to share if something catches your interest.

The Last Generation (Original)

A disease kills all female-bodied individuals, society collapses, established structures like family and government dissolve.  Men go mad.  Gangs form.  The last of the bodies have finally been buried and scientists cry that the human race is going to end when this generation dies out, and that there will be no young able bodied children to care for the elderly as they age.  There are a number of scientists who have formed a commission working on alternative means of reproduction.  There’s been talk of cloning and male pregnancy.  Mostly there has been a lot of shouting that is far removed from the dire problems of law enforcement, depression, and hunger facing the general population.  More important to the average person than the continuation of the race is finding human connection in a time when nothing is certain, when violence is rampant, and the only thing to be trusted are the fragile bonds of gang loyalty.  I’d like this story to follow two gang members in the thick of it who have never been with men before the disease who build a relationship following the fall.  Some meta commentary on the fragility of gender classifications and the complexity of human sexuality would be warmly welcome. There could be some interesting tie ins with remaining media to what’s going on in the scientific field.  There won’t be any mpreg but at some point they could be trusted with raising a child (either one of the last young boys born naturally or a clone baby or something).

I’m very open to the original plots of others.  Throw your ideas at me.

Fandoms

White Collar

Peter/Neal or Neal/Peter
  • I'd like to explore the ethics of conducting any personal relationship with a prisoner in one's custody.
  • I'm a fan of a vulnerable Neal, and have noticed that Neal's time in prison is laughed off regularly in the series.  I've always wondered if that's half because Neal wants it that way.  Maybe there's something lurking there he doesn't want to deal with.  It would be interesting in dealing with Neal's and Peter's viewpoints on the allocation of responsibility.  I'd be happy to talk more about my thoughts on this one, as I have several clear ideas.

I'd also kill for a White Collar/The Normal Heart mashup of some kind.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Slayer x Watcher
  • This game will ignore the last several seasons of canon stuff, assume Buffy died for real, there's still only "one girl in all the world" to fight the forces of darkness and my character is the next in line.  Except either he's transgender (FTM) or he's cisgendered male.  His watcher decides it's probably important to figure out why a man was chosen.  The watcher's insistence on pursuing the issue annoys him but his Watcher has also gained his trust and respect.  We can decide why together and create some cool 90s style villains.  Also I want training sessions!  It would be cool to address how the gender of the slayer changes things if at all and possibly any discrimination he'd face from the Watcher's Council.

BBC Sherlock

Sherlock/John or John/Sherlock
  • John/Sherlock; Sherlock/John
  • Lestrade/Mycroft
O&O :: SEARCH :: A&A

Zynthixian

Are you searching for another male? Or a MxM roleplay?

ultimategeek

Great question.  Sorry, I should have been clearer.  The sex and/or gender of the writer is totally irrelevant.  I just want male characters.  Thanks!

Zynthixian

In that case, I am very much interested. I do not know if you are into any fantasy
beings/state of being like vampires, demons, necromancers or lords. But those are
a few things I enjoy. I tend to play with original characters and nothing else. I
don't watch many things and it makes it hard to reference towards a
specific plot. I can come up with any plots on the spot that can work with any
characters you might have. If you're interested, let me know.

ultimategeek