News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Monster Hunter (Pathfinder with some 3.5)

Started by ulthakptah, November 01, 2013, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

hey there I have been following this and thinking a bit on it I made rolls  few days ago

Kinda want to use them so are ya still open

Phaia

Roll ID: 51403
Owner: Phaia
Viewer: Noone or Anyone
Time Rolled: 2013-11-09 16:05:15

Summary: At 2013-11-09 16:05:15, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 6d12k6m8 Result: 110

Full Result: Phaia rolled: 6d12, keeping 6 dice, modifying each die by 8
Comment:
Result: 18, 16, 18, 20, 18, 20,
Total: 110

Ershin

Quote from: Phaia on November 12, 2013, 06:22:19 PM
hey there I have been following this and thinking a bit on it I made rolls  few days ago

Summary: At 2013-11-09 16:05:15, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 6d12k6m8 Result: 110

Just a bit of advice, Ulth scolded someone earlier for rolling multiple times for a better result. Plus it's kind of unfair to people who used their first result, don't you think? :)

ulthakptah

Yeah really? Why would you even try and cheat after a roll like that? 20 18 16? that is some good scores well above the given array.

Phaia

I am sure why you would think I am cheating...i rolled several test rolls before trying it for real
I have made mistakes before

I was told in another group to get 5d6 reroll 1s and keep 3, that i could use 5d5 keep 3 and add 3 to total but then was told no that wouldnt work either
I do not use that die roller alot for multiple dice so please let me know what I did wrong....

When I made that roll i had copied and pasted it to a pm to myself? Seeing the pm in my messages is what got me to ask if you akk were still open

Phaia

edit: okay I see what the problem is...I did not realize that group got saved and didnt even know I could back check like ershin did...normally we use point builds...

**looks very embrassed** I...Umm...well crap!!  I do apolgize...I had made like 5 or 6 test rolls my habit is when I get a good test roll to do a real one...

My aplogies again, I will withdraw any interest in this since I made a HUGE mistake with the die roller!

avorae

If you made several test rolls before making your real roll then it is possible that you hit the roll dice button by mistake and not realized it. I have done it several times myself.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
In fact the set of rolls I have for this game was one said mistake.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Phaia on November 13, 2013, 05:51:20 PM
I am sure why you would think I am cheating...i rolled several test rolls before trying it for real
I have made mistakes before

I was told in another group to get 5d6 reroll 1s and keep 3, that i could use 5d5 keep 3 and add 3 to total but then was told no that wouldnt work either
I do not use that die roller alot for multiple dice so please let me know what I did wrong....

When I made that roll i had copied and pasted it to a pm to myself? Seeing the pm in my messages is what got me to ask if you akk were still open

Phaia

edit: okay I see what the problem is...I did not realize that group got saved and didnt even know I could back check like ershin did...normally we use point builds...

**looks very embrassed** I...Umm...well crap!!  I do apolgize...I had made like 5 or 6 test rolls my habit is when I get a good test roll to do a real one...

My aplogies again, I will withdraw any interest in this since I made a HUGE mistake with the die roller!
No need for that, it's an honest mistake, just use the first set which is 20, 18, 16, 14, 13, 13.

Phaia

I am still embrassed. I did not realize that I did that  had made a saved roll

Phaia

Blackflow

Posting interest, probably either as a Zen Archer or a Monk/Fighter melee character, depending on die rolls.

Aaaand ... yeah, ridiculous rolls?

Roll ID: 51476
Owner: Blackflow
Viewer: Noone or Anyone
Time Rolled: 2013-11-13 19:09:29

Summary: At 2013-11-13 19:09:29, Blackflow (uid: 7844) rolls: 6d12m8 Result: 109

Full Result: Blackflow rolled: 6d12, modifying each die by 8
Comment:
Result: 20, 20, 18, 12, 20, 19,
Total: 109

I ... I'll have to think about what kind of crazy character I want to make with that.
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.

Phaia

iam kinda looking at either a monk or a bard

phaia

avorae

I am going to go either straight rogue or rogue/Shadowdancer
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Blackflow

Can magic weapons/armor be made?  I was thinking of going with Master Craftsman and making someone who could craft for the party (in addition to being badass).
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.

Phaia

can i ask what a factotum is? I do not see it in any of the classes I normally use?

phaia

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Phaia on November 13, 2013, 09:13:54 PM
can i ask what a factotum is? I do not see it in any of the classes I normally use?

phaia

You may ask what a factotum is.  For I am the factotum!  Or perhaps I shall be, we will see.

A factotum is a jack of all trades, but a master of none.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Phaia

lol well okay i guess that answered that so we CAN use non stantard classes...i want to use the spell thief!

Ask GW for the details i think i have the link used in his group

phaia

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Phaia on November 13, 2013, 09:21:58 PM
lol well okay i guess that answered that so we CAN use non stantard classes...i want to use the spell thief!

Ask GW for the details i thunk i have the link used in his group

phaia

Woah woah woah.  I asked permission to use the factotum.  Ask the GM before you throw yourself into the work. ;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Phaia on November 13, 2013, 09:21:58 PM

Ask GW for the details i think i have the link used in his group

phaia

Just FYI, that was a user-created Spellthief that has nothing to do with anything that either WotC or Paizo created. The original Spellthief is found in Complete Adventurer, and you can see a copy here. Also note that I found some aspects bad for balance (both under- and over-powered), and made some drastic changes to the class in the game I'm running.

That said, it was a Pathfinder homebrew, so if the DM okays it I believe you could use the 3.5 version (which I linked) without a problem (and with the DM's permission, of course).

Also, you can find the Factotum here.

Blackflow

Well Myth-Weavers seems to be down at the moment, and that's the site I normally use, so for now I'll post a statblock here.  Presenting Solomur, the dwarven Piercer of Dragons!  Link to ability rolls.

EDIT: Link to character sheet.

Solomur
SOLOMUR
LN Dwarven Monk 8 (Zen Archer, Qinggong)
Init +11; Senses Perception +22, Darkvision 60 ft
==DEFENSE==
AC 27, touch 27, flat-footed 22 (+5 dex, +2 deflection, +10 monk bonus)
hp 104 (8d8+40)
SR 0
Fort +11, Ref +11, Will +14
Defensive Abilities Hardy (PFCR 21), Stability (PFCR 21), Sky Sentinel (PFARG 12), AC Bonus (PFCR 57)
==OFFENSE==
Spd 40 ft/x4
Melee Unarmed Strike +11/+6 (1d10+5) 20/x2 (+2 crit confirm)
Ranged Masterwork Composite Longbow +17/+17/+12/+12 (1d8+7) 19-20/x3 CM +2; [FoB]; SB [+5] (+2 crit confirm)
Special Attacks Ki Pool [12] (PFCR 59), Monk Ki (PFCR 59), Unarmed Strike (PFCR 59), Point Blank Shot (+1 atk/dmg w/in 30 feet) Big Game Hunter (+1 atk/+2 dmg vs Large or larger creatures), Sky Sentinel (+1 atk, +2 dodge AC and +2 Perception vs. flying creatures, no bonus for attacking Solomur from higher ground), Warsmith (+1 weapon damage vs. creatures made of clay, crystal, earth, metal, or stone)
==STATISTICS==
Str 20, Dex 20, Con 21, Int 18, Wis 26, Cha 10
BAB +6, CMB +11, CMD +37
Feats Additional Traits, Big Game Hunter (PFAP: RotR (PG) 13), Deadly Aim (PFCR 121), Improved Initiative, Improved Precise Shot (PFCR 128), Improved Unarmed Strike (PFCR 128), Master Craftsman (Craft (bows)) (PFCR 130), Perfect Strike (PFAPG 166-167), Point Blank Master (Longbow, Composite) (PFAPG 167), Point-Blank Shot (PFCR 131), Precise Shot (PFCR 131), Weapon Focus (Longbow, Composite) (PFCR 136-137), Weapon Specialization (Longbow, Composite) (PFCR 137)
Skills Acrobatics +16 [Jump +28, Jump with running start +28], Climb +16, Craft (alchemy) +15, Craft (bows) +15, Craft (weapons) +10, Knowledge (engineering) +8, Knowledge (history) +8, Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +22, Ride +9, Sense Motive +12, Stealth +16, Survival +20, Swim +16
SQ Slow and Steady (PFCR 21), High Jump (PFCR 59), Fast Movement (PFCR 58, 59)
SU Ki Arrows (PFAPG 115), Ki Powers [Barkskin, Restoration] (PFUM 51-52)
Traits Martial Manuscript (Faith), Poverty-Stricken (Social) (PFAPG 330), Reactionary (Combat), Warsmith (Race: Dwarf) (PFCo: DoG 10)
Languages Common, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Terran, Undercommon
==Magic==
Eq'd Magic Quick Runner's Shirt, Boots of Speed, Headband of Inspired Wisdom +2, Bracers of Falcon's Aim, Ring of Protection +1, Ring of Feather Falling, Cloak of the Hedge Wizard (conjuration)
Misc Efficient Quiver, Arrows (76), Cold Iron Arrows (20), Silvered Arrows (20), Adamantine Arrows (4), Blunt Arrows (40); Pathfinder's Kit, Deluxe Dungeoneering Kit, 10 potions of CLW (CL 1), 4 oils of Magic Weapon +1 (CL 1), 1 potion of Invisibility (CL 3), 1 potion of Water Breathing (CL 5)

Phaia

i would perfer to use this one with the spells since the ability to have all knowledge skills is a big thing

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15644644

as for homebrews ...i did not see anything listed that we were being allowed to use homebrews or non standard class/subclasses

phaia

Phaia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 13, 2013, 09:23:00 PM
Woah woah woah.  I asked permission to use the factotum.  Ask the GM before you throw yourself into the work. ;)

I did not say I was  but that I wanted too!!  ;) :P

SO GM can I use spell thief?

phaia

Phaia

I decided to build a witch since you all need some spell backup. [with all the combat classes you guys can keep a pretty witch alive i hope]
I have a few questions for uthakptah

1] I spent a bunch of gold on scrolls for spells that are in the witch spells lists [mainly lvl 3 and 4] that she did not have based on amount per level... can I have added these to her spell lists [ie in her familiar] at the start of everything?

2] I also had her take the scribe scroll feat. Is possible to start with scrolls she has scribed [as long as I pay the create scroll costs for each scroll]?

3] I am considering getting her a robe of useful items, now I would be a bit unhappy to get only 4 items from the 4d4 roll so could maybe we comprimise and go with an average and say 10 items and I roll for for what they are...of course having all 16 would be even better :) [not just for me but for the group] ?

Also guys I have a suggestion...for the group...if ya all have an extra 750 gp laying about ...pick up a wand of cure light wounds. Even if you cannot use it my witch can and can heal you with it. I have gotten 2 already but we can never have enough healing when monster hunting *nods nods*

I should be finished later to day [if my 4 year old ever decides he has run out of energy that is].
Phai

ulthakptah

Spell thief is okay, but only the one from complete adventurer, not that pathfinder homebrew link. Also witches are full castors, and you may have missed it, but those aren't an option in this game.

Phaia

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 14, 2013, 03:54:35 PM
Also witches are full castors, and you may have missed it, but those aren't an option in this game.

well poooh!! hmmm *smoke raises from her blonde head as she shifts gears* okayyyyyy

I Can do a bard!! lol I liked the hex aspect or the witch but can do a bard just now have to reshift things a lot!

You have mentioned a bard so I am guessig they are okay?

if we dont have casters, can we still get magic items... like wands etc? Should the prices be more? after all someone made them

Phaia

ulthakptah

Bards are fine. Technically they are full castors, but really not really in my opinion. And just because the players can't be castors does not mean they don't exist. They just aren't the sort of people who join the guild of monster hunters. Magic items still exist as normal, with the exception of magic weapons and armor as they have been replaced with new ones that require the killing of monsters to obtain. Which I will make up what they are and what they do as soon as I pick what BFM you guys have to kill. Roll the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6L2NIgn6Pg

Blackflow

So will new magic weapons be just obtained, or will they be crafted?  I took Master Craftsman and Craft Magic Arms and Armor -- are those necessary, or should I spend those feats elsewhere as there won't be much to do with them?

Ghostwheel

Also, do you have a rough estimate of when you'd like to choose people and start the game? Or still haven't decided on that?