Game Protagonists at War (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

Now that's a very cool crossover idea, with the Arisen and Chosen undead, I like that a lot. As for how he was shunted out of his world, I think that crossover makes a lot of sense, and he ended up like the other protagonists. Now, I'm curious, are you going to try and play with the curse of the undead? Maybe he doesn't die, but gets progressively more hollowed the more he is killed? And if you want to get him to Lordran, then it could be Grigori and Gwyndolin as the co-conspirators.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Vaulera on October 11, 2014, 03:27:42 AM
Now that's a very cool crossover idea, with the Arisen and Chosen undead, I like that a lot. As for how he was shunted out of his world, I think that crossover makes a lot of sense, and he ended up like the other protagonists. Now, I'm curious, are you going to try and play with the curse of the undead? Maybe he doesn't die, but gets progressively more hollowed the more he is killed? And if you want to get him to Lordran, then it could be Grigori and Gwyndolin as the co-conspirators.

From Lordran. And yes I am going to play with the Undead curse. After all it is the entirety of the Chosen Undeads very being, his nature. Basically he can be invaded, attacked, and absolutely needs souls lest, he risk turning hollow.

Rel Mayer

Laughing Hyena

Norwegian One

A little late entry, but this looks interesting, if you need more males :P
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 10, 2014, 07:21:34 PM
Hey Snorkle! Your character sheet looks good, I just want to talk about your Tears power really quick.

Since we aren't doing the whole alternate universe thing at the moment, how about instead her Tear power lets her open portals to random other Home Worlds. She can't control where it goes, so it would give us as the GM's a good deal of creative ability to say what comes out the other side. Obviously it can be quite dangerous.

That sounds good to me, if it makes life easier. What about her being able to bring things from her portals? Like items or weapons, anything like that? Would that be something we could do or would you rather just have her be able to open portals to random worlds? I assume she'll still have the ability to create these portals, even when she doesn't see them (like she says, she looks at her abilities as a form of wish fulfillment.) What are ya thinking? I'll make some edits to the sheet.

- Rainbow ♥

BruceTheCat

That sounds fine Snorkel! Just make sure to run what you want to I'll out by me in a PM first. If it's like a super b powered artifact.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 11, 2014, 01:53:51 PM
That sounds fine Snorkel! Just make sure to run what you want to I'll out by me in a PM first. If it's like a super b powered artifact.

Of course! I'll make some edits in a bit then (:

- Rainbow ♥

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on October 11, 2014, 11:32:16 AM
A little late entry, but this looks interesting, if you need more males :P
Join! Join! Join! Join!

Laughing Hyena

And as a prelude to what I am working on… ^_^ By the way any ideas on what occupation he could be in this town? Or any other ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9D2mvoMKLE

Norwegian One

Urdnot Wrex

Current Occupation: Butcher at local supermarket

Home World Information: Krogan are a hardy and violent race, and their barren homeworld of Tuchanka reflects this perfectly. Decades of nuclear winter, war, contamination, pollution and aerial bombardments during the Krogan Rebellion have rendered the planet an inhospitable wasteland, with choking air and deadly predators. It is not without reason that clan wars and predatorial attacks were considered the main reasons of fatalities on Tuchanka, though the former all but dwindled away when Urdnot Wrex gathered the clans under his name in order to lead them against the Locust in aid of the Coalition of Ordered Governments.

Still, predators and the planet's unforgiving hardships means that only the strongest Krogan live to adulthood, and fewer still survive the rigorous training before they are shipped out to aid other civilizations in their struggles against whoever the Krogan Clan Council deems to be a threat. Out of all the impressive warriors Tuchanka has raised in its long and painful history, few can match the strength and ferocity of Urdnot Wrex.

Unfortunately, all the strength of the Krogan was not enough to maintain the control of the barren rock that was their home planet. When the Legion arrived on Tuchanka, they brought a force that rendered the martial skill and tenacity of the Krogan almost moot; the Necrons. The deathless, robotic warriors advanced inexorably across the blasted surface of the planet, killing everything that stood in their path and defying every effort to destroy them, and Wrex was forced to withdraw his warriors from their home, leaving Tuchanka in the hands of the Legion.

Appearance/Style Description: Like most Krogan, Urdnot Wrex is a lumbering tower of tightly packed muscle and bony chitin, and for the woman who likes a strong male, one can hardly go wrong with a Krogan. Standing over seven feet tall, and weighing in excess of 250 kilos, Wrex is a prime example of a virile and strong male Krogan. He is most often clad in crimson armour protecting everything except his face when on the battlefield, though in more casual situations he will wear something suspiciously similar to human jeans and t-shirts, though obviously tailored to fit a Krogan physique.

Personality: In many ways, Wrex exemplifies the typical personality of the Krogan. He is straight-forward and never concerned with how the things he says will be taken by others. Some will see him as crude and blunt in his way of speech, while others may find a refreshing honesty in the large Krogan.

Although some may consider Wrex to be ruthless and uncompromising in his ways, one should take into consideration that while Krogan have a sense of honour, they also believe in the end justifying the means, especially when it comes to limiting the loss of fighting capability and maintaining strength. As such, deplorable actions such as hostage-taking, killing of innocents, and sacrificing civilians for the benefit of saving soldiers are all considered to be perfectly natural to Wrex, and any treachery or betrayal is not surprising, but expected. The notion of looking after yourself first and foremost is deeply imprinted in the Krogan psyche.

That is not to say that Wrex is uncaring, and once someone has gained his respect (sometimes through a show of martial prowess or heavy drinking, though also often through ritual sparring or actual combat), Wrex can be the most faithful companion one could imagine. Any slight or disrespect towards the person in question will be avenged with haste and prejudice, and often at end of Wrex' strong headplate by means of a headbutt. A headbutt doesn't sound too dangerous to some, but when coming from a chitinous plate with the density of two inches of steel, and backed by 250 kilos of tightly packed muscle, excrements will hit the rotating cooling device.

History:
Urdnot Wrex rose to power during the Reaper War, where he united the Krogan clans and helped end the threat of the Reapers. In the wake of the war, Wrex maintained an iron hold on his leadership of the often fractious Krogan clans, using his unusual intellect (for a Krogan, at least), experience and raw strength to forge deals and crush opponents. Under his rule, the Krogan race prospered, and soon the Krogan were employed on a number of battlefields around the galaxy, giving aid to those who fought against the Legion.

One of the planets where Wrex saw action was Sera, where the Krogans helped the Coalition of Ordered Governments stave off a bloody assault from the combined forces of the Locust and the Sith, driven against the lines of Gears and Krogans by the Legion. Although the battle was eventually lost, as the Krogans could not hope to prevail against an enemy who could use the Force, Wrex also learned many valuable lessons from his time on Sera, and the experiences of fighting alongside the COG. Chief among those was the practice of attaching a chainsaw bayonet to his weapon, a practice Wrex was quick to adopt and make use of.

Wrex was among the last to arrive at the safe haven on Earth, as the Krogan fought a bloody rear-guard action against the Legion to hold them off, allowing others to retreat to safety, and ensuring that the Legion would not find the safe zone.

Current Situation: Is actually enjoying the time away from 'politics' (for lack of a better Krogan word) and the effort of ruling the Krogan clans. He works as a in-store butcher at a local supermarket, and on his spare time he hangs out with some of the other characters. He particularly likes drinking, especially if there's a challenge involved.

Weapon: Despite having seen many strange and powerful weapons during his life, Wrex still maintains that a Krogan Claymore Shotgun is all he needs to ensure his enemies are dead. The gun is powerful enough to dislocate a human's arm if one attempts to fire it, and the force is approximately equal to being hit by a semi at full speed. However, Wrex has also learned to appreciate the COG's penchant for chainsaw bayonets, and has fixed his Claymore with a chainsaw attachment, for those moments when an enemy is too close to reload effectively.

Special Powers:
Biotic - To compliment the already-fearsome strength, tenacity and firepower Wrex possesses, he also has limited Biotic capabilities, enough to hurl himself forward short distances with blinding speed and lifting a single opponent into the air.

Blood Rage - As if the Krogan are not tenacious enough already, a Krogan who finds himself struggling in a battle can trigger the Blood Rage, a hormonal response system integrated into the Krogan's 'fight or flight'-instinct. The Rage shuts down all pain receptors in the body and floods the Krogan's mind with a cocktail of adrenaline and testosterone, meaning the Krogan becomes an impervious, raging berserker, heedless of danger and frighteningly strong, but also losing out on all notion of strategic thinking and logic.

Strengths:
Redundant physiology - Due to natural selection in their incredibly hostile environment, Krogan have developed to have secondary (or even tertiary) organs to protect themselves. Two hearts, four lungs, a backup nervous system, and two pairs of testicles (called a 'quad' in Krogan terms) means that a Krogan is very hard to put down, and an extremely effective regeneration means that even if someone would be able to take Wrex down, he is not going to be staying down for long.

Brute strength - Wrex is not only a large and quite heavy male, but also has the frightening Krogan strength to match. Wrex is easily capable of lifting just about any individual he meets over his head, and if one needs some heads bashed in, Wrex is your guy.

Extra liver - Part of Wrex' redundant organs, he has an extra liver which, combined with his massive bulk, means that none but the most hardboiled of alcoholics could ever hope of drinking Wrex under the table. This is something he makes good use of in social situations, and Wrex loves nothing more than a good drinking challenge, especially when someone can actually match him.

Weaknesses:
Poor aim - Krogan have eyes that are placed wide apart, due to being prey animals on their homeplanet of Tuchanka, and while this gives them an excellent field of view, it also makes for pretty shoddy aim at anything more than point-blank range. Add to that a penchant for shotguns and other close-combat weapons, and it becomes obvious that Wrex, just like many of his kind, is very poorly suited for fights that happen at a range longer than fifteen metres.

Stubborn - To call Wrex stubborn as a mule would be both an insult to the mule in question, as well as a gross understatement. Whether it is from a battle or from an argument with someone, Wrex will not back down an inch, which can serve to both put him and others in dangerous situations, as well as raising tension levels if he disagrees with someone. It will take someone he truly respects to even make him think of conceding an inch.

Violent streak - Krogans are known for having a perilously short fuse, and while this can certainly be a blessing in violent situations, Krogans can also bring the pain in situations where none is needed. If Wrex is irritated, especially if arguing with someone or if he's had a few tubs of Ryncol, the chance is great that he is going to headbutt someone. Anyone who has ever faced a Krogan will tell you that a Krogan headbutt is not something you'll want to be on the receiving end of.
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Vaulera

Oh my god! Rexy! Wrex/Garrus for life. Also, did you mention the amazing capability he has for just straight bashing in some faces? Because that's one of my favourite things with Krogans.

PrestaDGTation

Ooooooo!!!  I love it!!

Yey, Wrex!  *dances*

Gods, I love this game!!

Your character sheet looks good!  I have two small points!

One is that I like to be a stickler for the strength and weaknesses thing.  We're trying to have everyone take at least 3 of both, at least one combat related, and one social related.
   -That would mean, in addition to your redundant physiology and poor aim, you should select 2 more strengths and 2 more weaknesses. One of both should be non-combat related.

The second point is more humorous.  EDI works at a Harris Teeter in the Bakery Section.  She could help you get a job, if Urdnot Wrex could stand being in the same building with an EDI sharing a platform with GLaDOS.  xD  Lemme know where your job would be, just for giggles!

Other than that, dayum!  Ahhh likes it!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Mr L

Thinking about Virmire in ME1, Wrex is incredibly, AMAZINGLY, stubborn. Can see that being both a social and combat weakness. He won't back down from a point in conversation or he'll refuse to give up his ground in a fight. Just my two cents ^.^
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Norwegian One

Alright, thanks for all the feedback guys (and girls) :) I've updated the character sheet with some extra strengths and weaknesses, so hopefully it looks better now :)

zergmuncher

I'd like to see some more Haloverse characters around. SMG Johnson or Kelly. Perhaps Lasky or the Arbiter.

xPeachyPuff

Finally made edits to Elizabeth. Will move her over later tonight! :3

- Rainbow ♥

Swordsman18

GMs, I have to point out a bit of a contradiction. I do not think we can accept Wrex until there is either an apology to Nubian or we allow both Wrex and FemShep in. As that is the only right thing to do.

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 26, 2014, 03:08:40 AM
Unfortunately that's not a available character! I am sorry Nubian. We already have a player who's character is from the Mass Effect universe, and I do not want people doubling up on video game world's.

You are free to run any others by me that you are interested in.

BruceTheCat

Hey Sword! I announced several pages back that we are now allowing duplicate characters in both this thread, and the OOC thread.

So no apology necessary
- scribus1000

Swordsman18

BruceTheCat

Yes, by making an announcement about it in the recruitment thread.
- scribus1000

Swordsman18

If you looked into a game and then they denied you, would you then go back to look at their recruitment thread to see if the Gms had changed their minds on the decision that stopped you from playing?

Just a hypothetical to make you think on the issue at hand.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Swordsman18 on October 12, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
If you looked into a game and then they denied you, would you then go back to look at their recruitment thread to see if the Gms had changed their minds on the decision that stopped you from playing?

Just a hypothetical to make you think on the issue at hand.

You could always message her and let her know. :)