40k inspired exploration game~ (Room for one more!)

Started by Primarch, August 11, 2011, 07:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niki315

Name:  Olivia
Race:  Human (voidborn)
Position on Ship:  Recordkeeper, Communications, (Maybe quartermaster)

Equipment:  Chrono, Auto-quill, Data Slate, Pict Recorder, Stub Revolver, Hand Cannon, Sword
Trainings & Skills:  Imperium Law, Approved Research Technique, Equipment Appropriation, Basic Combat Training, Spacecraft Piloting

Personality:  Olivia is not the most adventurous girl you'll ever meet.  You might even say she's a bit boring.  She spends most of her time recording data and organizing things.  She has a knack for memorization and can pick out the most obscure patterns.  She's generally passive and is good at following orders, which is how she ended up being selected for this expedition.  Though she has been trained for combat, she is not the most capable of fighters.  She can manage with her sword, and she's decent with a pistol, but in general her prowess leaves much to be desired.  In addition, she's spent her whole life in artificial gravity, only stepping onto a real planet once to sign up for the Guard.  This has made her somewhat frail, which also contributes to her timidness.
History:  Olivia was born and raised on a space station that was designed for researching low atmospheric bacteria.  She spent the majority of her life doing what her family did: research.  Over the years she was also expected to organize data and send results to other stations.  Eventually her station was shut down and scrapped for resources.  Her parents were able to get jobs easily on other stations, but Olivia had difficulty and she ended up joining the Imperial Guard.  She made it through combat training by the skin of her teeth and was assigned to a patrol ship for three years.  Her dutiful attitude got her promoted and her name was put into the selection for the deep space expedition.  Apparently, someone liked what they saw because she was quickly assigned to the post.
[/b]

Primarch

Healergirl

Cool, two Imperial Guard troopers!

<Belinda eyes Olivia>

Sooooo, which of us is the doomed one?  I reluctantly suspect it may be me, Combat Medics have a high casualty rate.

NotoriusBEN

Im in TGT's Rogue Trader campaign here, but it seems to have stalled at the moment.
Would you all be ok if I submitted a character here too?

Dracoat

If you still have space for me then here's my sheet!

Name: Armont Aurelion Arcxsus
Race: Human
Position on Ship:Space Marine Trooper (Black Templar Design)
Age: 140 (The Gene-Seed implants and Rejuve have kept him about 26 in appearance.)

Equipment: Power Armor, Chainsword, Combat Shield, Bolter
Trainings & Skills: Close-combat, Plasma Weapons, Heavy weapons, Power weapons, Survival Tactics, Ground Vehicles, Xeno Tech

Personality: Headstrong and not one to sit behind cover for long. Armont talks little and misses less. Not an introvert by any means, he is just disinclined to talk. Talk ain't cheap and he isn't paid enough. His name is only known to those with access to the roster.

History: Recruited into the Black Templar chapter young, Armont was an excellent soldier. Well, all space marines are excellent, so he was slightly better than the rest with an uncanny knack for survival. He survived two battles with the Black Templars before his luck was a little less than great. During a small conflict with the Tyrannids, he was lost behind enemy lines for days, a sole marine. The Black Templars left the engagement and he was stranded on the planet. Through his strength of will he was able to tear through over one hundred Tyrannid to the local Imperial Guard fortress, where a company of Guard and a squad of Ultramarine terminators were holding out. The holdout lasted for days before a mysterious Eldar force intervened and pulled the small force from the planet before they bombarded it from orbit. The Eldar then dropped off the Imperial troops at a nearby outpost. Disappearing just as quickly. Armont's story of survival was retold and it wasn't long before he got a "special" assignment worthy of his survival skills. Exploration of unknown space by a small ship. He was placed aboard the ship right before departure in his armor and told to be ready for any engagement.
[/b]

Black Templar Design

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Primarch

Characters so far~

Josh Semperis ~ Quartermaster/Bridgemaster (MasterfulJ)
Belinda Starr ~ Medic/helper (Healergirl)
Lorinare ~ Eldar Ranger (Wintercat)
Shas'ui Borkan Shovah Mont'yr ~ Tau Scout (Geradine)
Olivia ~ Recordkeeper/Communications (Niki315)
Armont Aurelion Arcxsus ~ Black Templar Marine (Dracoat)
Lucien Anshelm ~ Inquisitor/Navigator (Primarch)
Spyridon Anastasios Xanthopoulos ~ Space Marine Chaplain (Insatiably Bored)

Go ahead and submit a character Ben, but you're our last. :P

Primarch

Characters so far~

Josh Semperis ~ Quartermaster/Bridgemaster (MasterfulJ)
Belinda Starr ~ Medic/helper (Healergirl)
Lorinare ~ Eldar Ranger (Wintercat)
Shas'ui Borkan Shovah Mont'yr ~ Tau Scout (Geradine)
Olivia ~ Recordkeeper/Communications (Niki315)
Armont Aurelion Arcxsus ~ Black Templar Marine (Dracoat)
Lucien Anshelm ~ Inquisitor/Navigator (Primarch)
Spyridon Anastasios Xanthopoulos ~ Space Marine Chaplain (Insatiably Bored)

Go ahead and submit a character Ben, but you're our last. :P

NotoriusBEN

yea, go ahead and accept Insatiably Bored. I just got handed a ton of work from the boss and it is immense >.>
happy gaming all!

Insatiably Bored

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on August 22, 2011, 09:12:16 PM
yea, go ahead and accept Insatiably Bored. I just got handed a ton of work from the boss and it is immense >.>
happy gaming all!

I was already accepted, so as far as I know the spot for you is still open, if you look up a bit you will see my character was already accepted, I just put it up here so the other players could get a glimspe at it.
O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

Primarch

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on August 22, 2011, 09:12:16 PM
happy gaming all!

Yes that's true, Bored just sent in the his app via PM. You're still more then welcome.

Primarch

Or not.

Anyway, we'll start real soon. Next couple of days I certainly hope. If there's anything else people want to ask or sort out before IC begins just put it up.

Healergirl

I'm all set, but i have hurricane bearing down on me, I've already lost power for a couple of hours.  Since the brunt of the storm is still hours away, this is not a good omen!  If I am out of contact for a while, it will be due to the storm, not lack of interest.

Dracoat

Hurricanes and earthquakes. My, my. What a year it's been lol.

O/Os

NotoriusBEN

sorry about the no reply.
yea, work is just thumping me :S
I'll keep an eye on it though and cheer you guys on spiritually!

Healergirl

My husband and I are alive and well, but we ahve lost poer.  Damage to the grid in our arrea is extensive, to say the least.  I will peep in from tim to time, but am likely to be unable to Rp for a week - it may take longer than that before I get power back.  Sorry everybody. 

Gamemasters:  Com up with whatever reason you need to explain my character's inactivity, be creative!

Wintercat

Been busy working on my Thesis but the next meeting is over soon, after that I cant do anything about it right away (gotta de-stress a bit afterwards anyway) and so I'll be around, hopefully seeing this rise up to fly high, but going to keep coming back for a look as often as possible.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Wintercat

Quote from: Healergirl on September 01, 2011, 03:44:14 PM
I have power and internet!  for a while, anyway.

Welcome back Healergirl! Definitely very very happy to see you are back, even if for just a little while.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Healergirl

Powr anc\d coinnectivity seem stable.  Sheesh, what a week!  We had just finished cleanup after the earthquake when we had to get ready for the Hurricane!

Wintercat

Quote from: Healergirl on September 01, 2011, 03:54:31 PM
Powr anc\d coinnectivity seem stable.  Sheesh, what a week!  We had just finished cleanup after the earthquake when we had to get ready for the Hurricane!

I am glad that you are well, and we all get our share of trouble at times. I thin kits a great thing to see a friend return, and hopefully no damn wind-and-air elemental-hybrid threatens your wellbeing and those damn earth-elementals stop their fighting.

Anyway, hope you will be around on several games soon again.
A&A

Primarch

Apologies for the delay, totally lost track of the days. I'll get the IC thread up very soon. Today or tomorrow and no later~

Healergirl

Hey, I just went through an earthquake and a hurricane in one week!  My partners and GM's have been very forgiving. I know all about RL travails, take your time!

Dracoat

And I hear another storm is on the way! Such craziness...

O/Os

Dracoat

O/Os

Niki315