D&D 4e Game Recruiting <Full>

Started by goalt, January 03, 2009, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goalt

Five years ago, two great empires finished a bloody war. The land of Taerth proved victorious, absorbing Creita into itself. But victory was not to bring peace.

Even before the war, both nations consisted of numerous smaller states united by a central ruler. But, now, there are too many provinces for the damaged military to maintain. Taerth is tearing itself apart.

In the midst of struggle, a group of adventurers find themselves embroiled in an ever growing struggle, a struggle which may result in an even more devastating conflict...

Through fate or coincidence, they discover the workings of a sinister group, one working hard to plunge the land into deeper strife. This organization's motivation is unclear, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that they were great embroiled in events five years ago and, if they are not stopped, something terrible will happen.

Three guesses as to who the adventurers are. First two don't count.  :P
Hope things don't sound too cliche. Tropes are not bad!  :P
So, I'm planning to run a 4e game. Setting's a mishmash of whatever elements we want from the published settings. Already have a likely player, so definitely room for four more, possible more. I can provide more information if needed, I think.  ;D

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to do combat via IRC or OpenRPG or something, but other stuff can easily be forum-based. Thoughts? I've gotten OpenRPG to work and rather like it, so would be quite pleased if we used that. Maptool's an option, though I've not successfully used it...

(Sexual content levels are up the players  :P)

Oh, right. Forgot. Level 1, standard PHB Point-Buy (unless people object. :p)
So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

Aether

Hello!

I would like to play!  I was thinking a male ranger built for survival, tracking, and stealth.  I will start working on my character soonest!

goalt

I'll note that's likely two rangers, as I have somebody else interested in one, so future people might want to look into Leader and Defender classes. >.>
O&O

Aether

Or I can play a druid...?

EDIT: more than one way to do survival  :P

goalt

Well, only three levels of druid are out now (and as there are no new powers at level four, that means a druid can currently play up through level 4), so if the  game went slow enough leveling-wise (or you'd be okay with delaying leveling for a little bit) (the fully book comes out in a few months, I forget when exactly), I'd have no problem with it.
O&O

Aether

After looking over the available information, I am going to go with a defender.
;D ;D ;D Game On! ;D ;D ;D

Elven Sex Goddess

I am going to work up a half elven deceptive warlock 

Aether

Bother me, it seems I really need to read all available to me before I post.  But this is the last changing of my mind I will do! *fingers crossed behind back*

I am going to roll up a Dragonborn Protecting Paladin serving Pelor.  May end up being a little bit of predictable leadership as well as a good defender with his full plate  :P

goalt

Alright, that's two sheets in, a Warlock and a Paladin. I likely have a ranger, but that person needs to get on so I can talk to her XD. Anyone have any party-size preferences?
O&O

Aether

6 seems to be a good balance of class and manageable amts of peeps.  *shrugs*  My two cents  :)

goalt

Hm. Six tops, maybe. Makes sense, and gives us a chance to make sure we have all the roles...

*waits for people>.>*
O&O

Tom

I'd like to join, and I can cover any available role. I don't think anyone has mentioned controller yet, so I can roll up a wizard if you'll have me.

goalt

Well, it's looking like I have several strikers and a Paladin lined up so far, so a Wizard would be welcome (also welcome for anyone who's interested: Cleric and Warlord. It's not too important, but it would make survival easier.  :P).
O&O

Aether

Long ways away, I know, but I will be going Hospitaller eventually  ;)

MadPanda

Ooo...ooo...anyone playing a Dragonborn Warrior yet?   ;D

Big, scaly, and dumb.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

goalt

Warrior? I don't know this class.  ;)  :P

The Paladin's a D'born, but having more than one doesn't hurt.  :)
O&O

Aether

and just intelligent enough to preach and quote scripture concerning Pelor  ;)

Aether

It would be a great shield wall  :)

MadPanda

Fighter...I'm away from my copy of the PHB right now.  But, yes, shieldwall is more or less what I had in mind.  Or, rather, a really big Gila Monster with a really big club.  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

goalt

O&O

Aether

Well, I went protecting pali, Pelor style, plate, large shield, war pick *nods*

Enter your D'born fighter beside me?  Shield wall x 2!

goalt

May have to delay this for a bit. My stuff for it is on my laptop, which is being Dead. I may be able to get the computer fixed or at least recover data, but I don't know when that'll be. I can reconstruct everything if I do end up being unable to recover it, but...
O&O

Aether

Oi!  Good luck! *prays blessings of Pelor on the portable device of goalt's*

goalt

And I'm going to cut off recruiting. People I've talked to are go, don't have any more room. By my count, it'll be a six-man party.
O&O

MadPanda

OK
Will try to dig up the DB Fighter I'd proposed to ZK at one point, since he's about what I had in mind.

:)

In Memory of Bishrook