Anvia ~ Fantasy World, Freeform, Sandbox, GBLTQA friendly! Recruiting!

Started by persephone325, November 25, 2014, 07:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Reia

Still interested, just have crazy family stuff to deal with. :)
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Deamonbane

I would like to express interest, as well as a few questions, if I may?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Rogue

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

persephone325

Quote from: Reia on November 29, 2014, 06:53:43 AM
Still interested, just have crazy family stuff to deal with. :)

No worries! Holidays are stressful times.

Quote from: Deamonbane on November 29, 2014, 07:05:41 AM
I would like to express interest, as well as a few questions, if I may?

Of course! That's what we're (the GMs) here for. ;)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rogue

Deamonbane

Quote from: Ember Star on November 29, 2014, 02:16:51 PM
Also...   BANEY! <3
*grumble groan gripe and hugs Ember and Roguey-Woguey*

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on November 29, 2014, 01:31:25 PM
Of course you can ask questions.
Well, the first question I had was if there is to be something of a overhanging plot, powered by the GMs that will affect any and all players?

Another is if the Uninhabitors are completely destroyed? Is it possible that they might have gone into hiding, biding their time? Around the same basic principle, would there be some discontent among the other races over how humans appear to have gotten off scott-free when their kind got involved in a war which ended with so many missing and dead? Would there be some werewolves who lost family, maybe a mate, for instance, that would be disgruntled over how things ended?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

persephone325

Quote from: Deamonbane on November 29, 2014, 06:55:19 PM
Well, the first question I had was if there is to be something of a overhanging plot, powered by the GMs that will affect any and all players?

Another is if the Uninhabitors are completely destroyed? Is it possible that they might have gone into hiding, biding their time? Around the same basic principle, would there be some discontent among the other races over how humans appear to have gotten off scott-free when their kind got involved in a war which ended with so many missing and dead? Would there be some werewolves who lost family, maybe a mate, for instance, that would be disgruntled over how things ended?

The main plot I have in mind is for the citizens to try and resume living a normal life after The Rebellion. There will be GM events thrown in at certain points of the game, too. So there will almost always be something happening.

The Uninhabitors aren't completely destroyed. I don't think I mentioned this in the opening post (my mistake), but it is mentioned in the wb thread. They were just driven out, and made a place for themselves on a nearby piece of land.

Quote from: persephone325 on July 04, 2014, 04:45:11 AM
The Uninhabitors and The Rebellion

The Uninhabitors came to light in 2025. How exactly they came to be is unclear. Many theories have been tossed around. Some say the humans got into a small quarrel with the fae over hunting animals in the woods. Others think that they had a fight with the vampires. Still more think that there was a fight with the wolves. However, it's all hearsay and speculation, as none of the members of the group have given a clear reason for their motives.

Their crimes started small, then grew more dangerous. Vandalizing non-human owned businesses, then breaking into the blood bank of the hospital and stealing the vampires' blood pack supplies, they cut down several trees that were homes to the fae, and killed a family of wolves. Their last assault before The Rebellion, was the attack on the Emperor and Empress.

In 2029, the Emperor and Empress consult with their security on how to handle the matter. The guards suggest placing a bounty on them, however, the Emperor and Empress were adamantly against using violence to solve violence. So they came up with the idea to send in a mole to undermine The Uninhabitors.

The plan worked. The mole was able to give important information to the Emperor and Empress, and their guards. They were able to thwart the minor crimes that the group planned to commit. However, the mole wasn't able to find out any information about the coming war. That information was kept secret within the higher ranks of the group.

The Rebellion occurred a year later. There were many deaths, and several races had completely disappeared.

Quote from: persephone325 on July 18, 2014, 04:00:49 AM
Secret Factions

In order to create fun and interesting events for the game, I'm allowing small factions of characters to be at odds with the current status of Anvia. Similar to The Uninhabitors, but not nearly as violent and radical. They can meet secretly, but I'm debating whether or not the factions can have different races involved with them. The Uninhabitors were just a large group of humans that despised having to share a home with abnormal creatures.

Those are quotes from the wb thread. The sentence in bold answers you question about deaths. I left it intentionally vague so players could fill in the blanks with whatever they wanted.

Also, this is listed in the timeline section in the first post:

Quote2026 - First blood is drawn with the killing of the Werewolf Matriarch and Patriarch. This lead to more and more attacks leading up to a direct assault on the Emperor and Empress bringing the Emperor to near death. The Uninhabitors go into hiding.

The citizens left in Anvia have (mostly) come to realize that the actual offenders aren't part of their lives anymore. The majority of The Uninhabitors were killed during The Rebellion, and the rest were driven out. Granted, there will (of course) be some hostilities among the races. But, for now (and for the purposes of the beginning of this RP), the citizens are focusing on putting their lives back together. It's only two years after The Rebellion, but it still might be fresh in everyone's mind.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Brazen Endeavors

..I want you.  I have seen you and I already love you.  My muse begs to lie in your arms; just for a moment.  I need you..
...come play with me?...
.:.o/o.:.intro.:.a/a.:.
(updated o/o - 7.16.12)

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Vampyre Valkyrie

“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

persephone325

Quote from: Brazen Endeavors on November 29, 2014, 09:07:23 PM
Interested.  Ember, get at me!

Welcome! ^^ I see Ember's been doing some recruiting... *hugs her gratefully*

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on November 30, 2014, 10:15:27 AM
Bookmarked!

Hey there! As always, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! ^^
I don't know.

Ember Star

Quote from: persephone325 on November 30, 2014, 06:25:13 PM
Welcome! ^^ I see Ember's been doing some recruiting... *hugs her gratefully*

Yes. I'm bringing all my friends over to the shiny side.  >:)
Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on November 30, 2014, 10:15:27 AM
Bookmarked!
Isn't that right, Valky? :P

Vampyre Valkyrie

“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Deamonbane

Quote from: persephone325 on November 29, 2014, 07:17:48 PM
The main plot I have in mind is for the citizens to try and resume living a normal life after The Rebellion. There will be GM events thrown in at certain points of the game, too. So there will almost always be something happening.

The Uninhabitors aren't completely destroyed. I don't think I mentioned this in the opening post (my mistake), but it is mentioned in the wb thread. They were just driven out, and made a place for themselves on a nearby piece of land.

Those are quotes from the wb thread. The sentence in bold answers you question about deaths. I left it intentionally vague so players could fill in the blanks with whatever they wanted.

Also, this is listed in the timeline section in the first post:

The citizens left in Anvia have (mostly) come to realize that the actual offenders aren't part of their lives anymore. The majority of The Uninhabitors were killed during The Rebellion, and the rest were driven out. Granted, there will (of course) be some hostilities among the races. But, for now (and for the purposes of the beginning of this RP), the citizens are focusing on putting their lives back together. It's only two years after The Rebellion, but it still might be fresh in everyone's mind.
*nods* Okay, thanks for clearing that up... I will be working on a character!

persephone325

I don't know.

Ouroboros

Ooh, this looks interesting. I may have missed it somewhere; is there a breakdown of the types of PC characters that have already been claimed?
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Swashbuckler

persephone325

Quote from: Ouroboros on December 31, 2014, 07:35:52 AM
Ooh, this looks interesting. I may have missed it somewhere; is there a breakdown of the types of PC characters that have already been claimed?

Sorry for the delay in answering! There's a little section in the opening of this post that has various NPC claims. There's also a link for the character thread that has claims listed in the second post I believe.

Quote from: Swashbuckler on December 31, 2014, 09:14:39 AM
I think I might just have to work up a male pixie...*grin*

Good to see you! And take your time.
I don't know.

persephone325

Been way more than a month. Gonna poke this thread to see if I get any more bites.

I feel like a reason why people might be hesitant to join is because there's so much information. Please don't let that deter you. It's mostly just a lot of background information that isn't necessary to know forwards and backwards. While it is important to be familiar with it while making a character, it's not anything that needs to be memorized.

And don't hesitate to ask questions. I love, love, love getting questions. If I don't answer them, then Rogue or Ember certainly can.
I don't know.

persephone325

I don't know.

yugi006

cabalxxvi

I would like to place a claim on a vampire if possible, and would like to read over everything. I have played a vampire character for over 10 years, and the concepts that you have are fantastic. So color me interested.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

persephone325

Quote from: cabalxxvi on June 18, 2015, 07:41:08 PM
I would like to place a claim on a vampire if possible, and would like to read over everything. I have played a vampire character for over 10 years, and the concepts that you have are fantastic. So color me interested.

Sure thing! The only thing you have to 'claim' is a playby for your character. Once you do, I can put it on the "Reserved" list for you. ^^
I don't know.