Seeking Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD, lots custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, April 08, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

ICK YUCK HELL!

I wrote this beautiful (well grotesque actually) write up for my signature item with multiple paragraphs of lore and an in depth price breakdown AND IT DIDNT POST!. All that work lost! Oh well lets try again. . .
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you need do HP dmg then with sex then or level drain them empty or such. But you can make them to Lustbound creatures (when breaking them with sex).

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 11, 2015, 10:00:19 PM
ICK YUCK HELL!

I wrote this beautiful (well grotesque actually) write up for my signature item with multiple paragraphs of lore and an in depth price breakdown AND IT DIDNT POST!. All that work lost! Oh well lets try again. . .

Lazarus is AMAZING.

Re Z L

What about a level 12 Illithid as per the Savage Species book?
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

No illithid or other monsters from savage species unless not finding stats in 3.5.

TheGlyphstone

Full-power Mind Flayers are too powerful to play outright at our level - ECL15. He wants to play the Mind Flayer monster class, getting 12/15 of the Mind Flayer's full power to start with and growing into the rest as we gain levels.

Zaer Darkwail

No mindflayer, simple as that. I chose the 12 levels for a reason.

PaleEnchantress

After the Dark Prince had broken the Idol with days of debased sadomasochistic sex, the Idol turned it's newfound depredations upon those within the temple who were unlucky enough to still be alive. As a form of foreplay it tore the genitals off every male within the temple, and forced the men alive to perform sexual acts with their own severed sex organs until they died. Some bled to death but most were killed in more creative ways such as choking upon their dick after it was shoved down their throat during felatiation. When all the men in the temple were dead the Idol turned to the god and whispered "Your turn. . "

Zon-Kuthon trapped the souls of the victims within their former male organs and gathered them together, wrapping them in adamant barbed wire. They were shaped into a thick staff. The penises and testicles forming it remained warm and responsive to the touch as if there were still attached. They even bleed slowly from the puncture wounds of the barbed wire. The souls trapped within still feel sensation through them.  At the top of the staff sits a round shimmering dark jewel: one of Zon-Kuthon's own severed testicles, transmuted and enlarged to serve as the apex of the foul item.* The Velvet Darkness They Fear is a staff of terrible power that allows it's wielder to control and violate it's victims forms, minds, and even magical defenses.

* The god, of course, regenerated.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I had to get a bit creative with pricing. A staff would normally be a terrible signature item since it's a consumable just like a scroll or wand. By adding the effects of a rod of absorbtion I have given it a way to regain charges by absorbing spell levels. The prices are by the book save for the turn resistance aura. For that I took a cloak of resistance and added an extra 50% to its market value to make the effect an aura rather than personal. Im taking a page from Gylph stone and am getting the crafting feats then psychic reformatting them out.

The Velver Darkness They Fear
Max Charges 50. Can absorb spell levels as Rod of Absorbtion to regain charges. It cannot use charges to power normal spellcasting as a rod of absorbtion can, however. Caster Level is 17, but weilder can use their own CL if better.

Mindrape 5 charges
Polymorph Any Object 4 charges
Wall of Eyes 3 Charges

Permanent true casting effect. (+10 spell penetration)
Projects weilders voice 100 ft even over enviormental noise.
+5 to cha based checks and leadership score. Additional +5 to Diplomacy
100 ft Aura allies +2 morale bonus to attacks, saves and, checks and +4 turn resistance.

Price break down:
Mindrape: 57,375
/5 = 11,475
Polymorph Any Object: 38,250
/4 = 9,562.5
Wall of Eyes: 22,312.5
/3 = 7,438
Permanent True Casting: 4,000
100 ft Turn Resistance Aura: 16,500
Absorbtion: 50,000
Admirals Bicorne:  51,000
= 149,975 market value - 74,987.5 gold to craft.

EdwardShane

WIP
Daeva, the Fist of Chaos

Stat Block
CN Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar, Tanar'ri)
Hit Points: 360
Initiative: +15
Speed: 130, Fly 190 (Average)
Armor Class: 84 (+15 Dex, +23 Cha, +3 monk bonus, +12 insight, +12 luck, +9 natural), Touch 75, Flat Footed 69
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+22
Attack: Unarmed Strike +53 melee (3d8+59) or Claw +53 melee (1d6+31)
Full Attack: Unarmed Strike +53/+53/+48/+43 melee, with an additional 1d6-1 attacks from Flailing Strike at +53 melee each (3d8+59 for all), or 2 claws +53 melee (1d6+31)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Energy Drain, spell-like abilities, summon tanar'ri, Flail Wildly + Greater Flailing, Stunning Fist, Improved Trip, Erratic Advance, Freezing of the Lifeblood
Special Qualities: DR 10/Epic, good, and cold iron, Darkvision 60 ft, Immunity to Electricity and Poison, Resistance to Fire/Acid/Cold 10, Spell Resistance 55, Telepathy 100 ft, Tongues, Improved Evasion, Still Mind, Slow Fall 60 ft, Ki Strike (Magic and Chaotic [applies to the four chosen exotic weapons below]), Displacing Stance (50%), Freedom of Thought, Summon Familiar (snake), Sorcerer Spells, Force Specialization, Force Armor, Fast Healing 20, Monk Weapon Mastery (exotic weapon damage increased by one size), Skill Mastery
Saves: Fort +33, Ref +38, Will +34, +2 vs Enchantment Spells and Effects, +2 vs Sleep, Paralysis, and Stunning effects
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 40, Con 30, Int 30, Wis 32, Cha 56
Skills:* Balance +27 (untrained), Bluff +48, Concentration +32, Diplomacy +49, Disguise +45 (+2 to stay in character, +10 circumstance when using alter self), Escape Artist +37, Hide +37, Intimidate +47, Jump +62 (untrained), Knowledge (Arcana) +32, Knowledge (Planes) +32, Listen +41 (+2 when familiar is near), Move Silently +37, Perform (Exotic Dancing) +45, Search +32, Sense Motive +33, Spellcraft +34, Spot +41 (+2 when familiar is near), Survival +33 (+2 when following tracks, +2 when on other planes), Tumble +37, Use Rope +25 (untrained, +2 when involving bindings)
     *Can Take 10 on all listed skills while under stressful/distracting situations, courtesy of Skill Mastery
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, Sylvan, Aquan, Auran, Terran, Ignan, Giant, Elven, Undercommon (has a constant tongues effect)
Feats: Sexy Kung Fu (1st), Stunning Fist (B), Combat Reflexes (B), Improved Trip (B), Dodge (3rd), Mobility (5th), Weapon Finesse (7th), Dragon Style (9th), Dragon Ferocity (11th), Mindsight (B), Eschew Materials (B), Heighten Spell (B), Empower Spell (B), Exotic Weapon Profeciencies: Fingerblade, Whip, Spiked Chain, and Collapsing Crescent Fan (B), Freezing of the Lifeblood (B), Improved Natural Attack (from Sash of Entropy)

Special Abilities

Spell Like Abilities: At will: Charm Monster (DC 50), Detect Good, Detect Thoughts (DC 47), Ethereal Jaunt (self plus 63 pounds of objects only), Polymorph (humanoid form only, no limit on duration), Suggestion (DC 49), Greater Teleport (self plus 63 pounds of objects only).  Caster level 27.  3/day: Greater Dispel Magic, Haste, See Invisibility.  Caster level 15.
Energy Drain: As a succubus, Daeva can drain the energy of a mortal individual through luring them into any sort of act of passion, or simply by kissing them.  If a target is unwilling to be kissed, she must start a grapple.  Her kiss or embrace bestows 14 negative levels, and should they survive, they are subject to a Suggestion spell asking them to accept another kiss.  They must succeed a DC 36 Will save to resist this Suggestion.  To remove negative levels acquired in this manner requires a DC 39 fort save.
Summon Tanar'ri: Once per day, Daeva may attempt to summon a vrock with a 43% chance of success.  This is the equivalent of a 3rd level spell.
Tongues: Daeva has a permanent Tongues ability (as the spell, caster level 27th).
Flailing Strike (Greater): As a chaos monk, Daeva is capable of unleashing a torrent of attacks that range from amusingly useless to dreadfully powerful.  When making a full attack action, she may initiate a flailing strike, granting her an additional attack at her highest bonus as well as 1d6-1 further extra attacks.  This can only be made with unarmed strikes or with her chosen monk weapons.
Stunning Fist: 13 times per day, Daeva may declare an unarmed strike to be a Stunning Fist attack.  If it succeeds, the target must make a DC 52 fort save or be stunned for one round.  A stunned person can't act, loses their dex bonus to AC, and takes a further -2 to their AC.  Constructs, oozes, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits are unaffected by this ability.
Freezing of the Lifeblood: By expending one use of Stunning Fist, Daeva may instead attempt to paralyze her target.  If a humanoid target is struck, they take no damage, but instead must make a DC 52 fort save or be paralyzed for 1d4+1 rounds.  Creatures immune to stunning cannot be paralyzed in this manner.
Improved Evasion: Daeva takes half damage from effects resulting from a failed reflex saving throw, and no damage on a successful one.
Still Mind: Daeva gets a +2 bonus to saving throws on saving throws against enchantment based spells or effects.
Ki Strike: Daeva's unarmed attacks and chosen monk weapons count as chaotic and magical for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.  Her unarmed and natural attacks also count as epic.
Slow Fall: Daeva may ignore the first 60 feet of falling damage she may incur.
Erratic Advance: As part of a charge, Daeva may rush erratically and wildly at her opponent.  In such an instance, the foe must succeed on a DC 35 will save or be dazed for one round.  This ability is usable 20 times per day.
Displacing Stance: Davea can become so unpredictable and erratic in her movements that she can actually displace her true location for up to six rounds per day, giving all attacks directed at her a 50% miss chance.  These rounds need not be consecutive, and it requires a standard action to enter this stance.
Freedom of Thought: Once per day, if Daeva fails a Will save against a mind affecting effect she may immediately reroll it.  She must take the new result, even if it is worse.
Monk Weapon Mastery: Daeva may add her charisma bonus to damage rolls with unarmed attacks, and to attacks made with whips, spiked chains, fingerblades, and collapsing crescent fans.  In addition, the previously mentioned four weapons are treated as if they were one size category larger when wielded by Daeva.
Familiar: Daeva's familiar is a tiny female rattlesnake that was lovingly named Alice.  She has the following abilities, based off of the familiar chart in the PHB: Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, deliver touch spells, speak with master, and speak with animals of her kind. 
Force Specialization: When casting spells with the [Force] descriptor, Daeva gets a +2 circumstance bonus to the attack roll.  In addition, for each dice of damage rolled for such spells, she adds one damage.  In the case of spells that deal damage not based on dice, she instead just adds one to the total damage.
Force Armor: If Daeva casts a [Force] spell that provides an armor or shield bonus to AC on herself, that bonus is increased by two.
Sorcerer Spells: Daeva has an effective caster level of 24 for all intensive purposes.  Her spells known are 9/5/5/4/3/2, and her spells per day are 6/12/12/12/11/9.  DCs are 33 + Spell level where applicable.
Spells Known: 0-level- Silent Portal, Stick, Detect Magic , Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Arcane Mark, Mending
1st Level: Magic Missile, Shield, Grease, Ray of Enfeeblement, Unseen Servant
2nd Level: Glitterdust, Blast of Force, Dissonant Chant, Wraithstrike, Mirror Image
3rd Level: Greater Mage Armor, Chain Missile, Heroism, Antidragon Aura
4th Level: Orb of Force, Greater Invisibility, Ray Deflection
5th Level: Wall of Force, Break Enchantment

Gear

Sash of Entropy
Legendary Item: Monk's Belt (Treat monk level as 5 higher for purposes of unarmed strike damage and AC bonus.  Also adds a daily use of Stunning Fist.)- 13,000
Fanged Ring (Grants Unarmed Strike, Improved Natural Attack [Unarmed Strike], and causes crits to deal one point of Con damage) - 10,000
Dexterity +6 - 36,000
Amulet of Second Chances (Reverses time back to the start of the user's turn, allowing a chance for everyone affected to make different choices.  Affected creatures are reset to their initial positions from the start of the round and ARE aware of what occurred the previous round that was negated via the activation of this ability.  All damage that happened in that turn, all status changes whether positive or negative, and all expended spells/power points/etc are reversed.) - 40,000
Total value: 99,000 gold

This monk's sash appears to be fairly ordinary at first glance, but it seems to change its appearance every time it is looked at.  One time it may be a different color than before, and another time it might have a design seemingly sewed into it where there was previously none.  Yet another time, it might look to be made of silk instead of cotton as it previously had, or might even be tied around the waist using a different style of knot.  Regardless of this oddity, it has been known to allow its wielder to bend some rules of reality itself in their favor, and even unweave the threads of fate and rewrite previous actions.  Much to the chagrin of those who take stock in predetermined destiny.

Vestment of Resistance +5 - 25,000

Cloak of Charisma +6 -  36,000

Ring of Freedom of Movement - 40,000

Amulet of Mighty Fists +1 - 6,000

Counterstrike Bracers (2/day, gain an AoO against an enemy who missed with a melee attack) - 2,500

REMAINING GOLD: 1,500, kept in platinum pieces

So I looked through the magic item compendium and did some research, and found a few things to change concerning Daeva's legendary item that I thought would be cooler.  I still got 50k to play around with though, and am unsure of what else to buy and/or maybe change.  Suggestions, anyone?

Also, does that +13 apply to individual spells as per her sorcerer spell list as well, or not so much?  And please let me know if I misused that +13 anywhere so I can fix it >.<

TheGlyphstone

If you've applied the +13 to anything more than once, that would be wrong - say, your Energy drain could get the bonus to levels drained or to the save DC to resist, but not both. If your save DCs don't include that, you are good.

Sadly, the bonus does not apply to spells or soulmelds.

Kunoichi

It does, actually, it's just that it specifically applies to 'spellcasting' or 'meldshaping', and not to the individual spells or melds themselves.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 11, 2015, 11:45:11 PM
It does, actually, it's just that it specifically applies to 'spellcasting' or 'meldshaping', and not to the individual spells or melds themselves.

To our spellcaster or meldshaper level against dispels, yeah. But not for, say, damage rolls, or save DCs, or effects of the spells themselves. That's what I meant.

EdwardShane

The only thing I might question is the aftereffect of being targeted by Suggestion after having those 14 levels drained.  Would it use the DC for her Spell-like ability by the same name, or would it be considered totally separate as a part of the energy drain ability?  I presumed that it was the former, and have the saving throw listed as such currently.  I will happily make adjustments if I was wrong in guessing that.

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 11, 2015, 11:47:01 PM
To our spellcaster or meldshaper level against dispels, yeah. But not for, say, damage rolls, or save DCs, or effects of the spells themselves. That's what I meant.

No, you can apply it like that as well, actually.  It's a very flexible ability. ^^

Kunoichi

Quote from: EdwardShane on April 11, 2015, 11:49:53 PM
The only thing I might question is the aftereffect of being targeted by Suggestion after having those 14 levels drained.  Would it use the DC for her Spell-like ability by the same name, or would it be considered totally separate as a part of the energy drain ability?  I presumed that it was the former, and have the saving throw listed as such currently.  I will happily make adjustments if I was wrong in guessing that.

The suggestion effect of the energy drain ability is part of the energy drain ability, so if you applied the +13 insight bonus to the amount of negative levels drained, then you don't get to apply it to the suggestion effect's save DC.

EdwardShane

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 11, 2015, 11:57:20 PM
No, you can apply it like that as well, actually.  It's a very flexible ability. ^^

So what you're saying is I have a bunch of +13's to apply to my sorcerer spells?  I'll have to edit those accordingly.

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 12, 2015, 12:01:18 AM
The suggestion effect of the energy drain ability is part of the energy drain ability, so if you applied the +13 insight bonus to the amount of negative levels drained, then you don't get to apply it to the suggestion effect's save DC.

Got it.  Changing that while I am at it.

Kunoichi

Quote from: EdwardShane on April 12, 2015, 12:06:54 AM
So what you're saying is I have a bunch of +13's to apply to my sorcerer spells?  I'll have to edit those accordingly.

Got it.  Changing that while I am at it.

Not quite.  You get a +13 bonus to apply to your Spellcasting, which then applies the same way to all of your spells.  So you could have a +13 to save DCs with all your spells, or a +13 to caster level, or attack rolls, or damage...

schnookums

Starting to strongly consider binder for my mystical path, but I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough to make a good build of it. What do peeps think of binder?

EdwardShane

Oh, so I have to choose a blanket choice then.  Hrm, that ruins some of my ideas.... *had envisioned firing 13 extra missiles for the magic missile modification*

I guess I'll go with caster level, since most of the spells I picked have a duration on them.  Sure I have some damage spells and Glitterdust in there too, but getting extra length on the majority of my spells sits better.  That plus the few instances I need to roll for spell pen.

Also, any suggestions as to the 50k leftover gold she has to spend?  I'm at a loss on my end...

Quote from: schnookums on April 12, 2015, 12:14:42 AM
Starting to strongly consider binder for my mystical path, but I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough to make a good build of it. What do peeps think of binder?

I have no idea what a binder even is o.o

Kunoichi

Quote from: schnookums on April 12, 2015, 12:14:42 AM

It could certainly be workable, although I don't know enough about the Binder class to give too much in the way of solid advice for a build. ^^;

Quote from: EdwardShane on April 12, 2015, 12:19:40 AM
Oh, so I have to choose a blanket choice then.  Hrm, that ruins some of my ideas.... *had envisioned firing 13 extra missiles for the magic missile modification*

Look up a prestige class called the Force Missile Mage in a book called Dragon Magazine Compendium. ;)

QuoteI guess I'll go with caster level, since most of the spells I picked have a duration on them.  Sure I have some damage spells and Glitterdust in there too, but getting extra length on the majority of my spells sits better.  That plus the few instances I need to roll for spell pen.

Also, any suggestions as to the 50k leftover gold she has to spend?  I'm at a loss on my end...

A +5 resistance bonus to saves and some stat boosters might be a good idea, if you don't have either of those already.

EdwardShane

Legendary item gives +6 dex as part of its package, and my second item was a cloak of resist +5/cha +6.  I got all the boosts I can think of, that's why I'm stuck lol

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 11, 2015, 11:45:11 PM

Huh? The +13 bonus also applies to CL?! I assumed it does not apply neither save DC nor CL nor affect spellcasting anyway.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 12, 2015, 12:41:28 AM
Huh? The +13 bonus also applies to CL?! I assumed it does not apply neither save DC nor CL nor affect spellcasting anyway.

It's definitely RAW since "Spellcasting" appears listed under "Special Attacks" entries. I hadn't actually thought of that until now but I assumed the +15 to caster level for spell like abilities and psionics would affect "spell casting" Since CR 30 caster level 12 is pretty freaking lame. Now I wonder if we don't get the +15 to actual spellcasting and just get the 13.

You can make a definitive ruling as DM either way.

PS: ALso did you review my staff?

Zaer Darkwail

I did, the staff is okay to me. Ok, I need check my own char then and add +13 insight to his CL then :P.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 12, 2015, 12:52:08 AM
It's definitely RAW since "Spellcasting" appears listed under "Special Attacks" entries. I hadn't actually thought of that until now but I assumed the +15 to caster level for spell like abilities and psionics would affect "spell casting" Since CR 30 caster level 12 is pretty freaking lame. Now I wonder if we don't get the +15 to actual spellcasting and just get the 13.

We just get the +13 by RAW, as far as I can tell.  I added it to save DCs for my character's spellcasting, since Dread Necromancers don't have much in the way of buffs and I've got the Marshal spell penetration aura for getting past spell resistance. ^^